TIME WARNER CABLE Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Time Warner Cable

There may be more reports for "Time Warner Cable"

For more results perform a general search for "Time Warner Cable"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Sep 16 2007
Time Warner, Time Warner Cable, TWC Billing Error, Will Not Correct Issue... Stole $1,000 Canton Ohio
What can I say good about Time Warner? We own a business and when we moved into our location that is zoned residential and commercial (by the zoning department) they left us no choice, but to go with a commercial account. Then we pay $60 more a month for basic cable and slow road runner than a residential account would have to pay. On top of that at the end of our 2 year agreement we signed when we moved in, we wanted to change to change our plan, and all of sudden our 2 year became a 3 year. During the entire 2 years, we had to call time warner tech's out because the system kept going down (on their end). THEN our new bookkeeper discovers that we have been getting charged for cable boxes we dont have for the last 2 years (totaling over $1,000) so we called Time Warner and one lady said we would have a large credit coming, but the other lady refused to credit our account. Time Warner is only in business for the money. (((competitor's name redacted))) here we come! Larry Canton, OhioU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Time Warner Cable sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company, ..plus, if you post a competitors name more than likely they will show up on search engines as a Rip-off! - - your comments on this policy are welcome. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. In this case we removed an alleged competitor's name
Entity: Canton, Ohio
Dec 06 2013
time warner cable time warner reward card internet new york
I signed up for Time Warner Cable after they advertised their triple play. After several months they refused to give me the card for a number of excuses. None of which were explained to me at the time of sign up. I signed up at the NY State state fair and the salesman said I would be getting it.
Entity: internet, Select State/Province
Nov 06 2014
time warner Cable Business class time warner internet phone service Nationwide
I reciently had to move our business location, we lost our lease. We had internet and phone service through Time warner. We contacted Time warner before our move and wished to have our service re located to out new building. we were asked to sign a new contract for service in our new location, which we did. We later were told that time warner could not provide service at our new location. I then ask for them to cancel our phone and internet service and I signed up for service with a new provider who could provide us service. we move from a rural location to a in town location. Now Time warner is demanding that we fufill our contract or pay a very large buy out fee. BUT THEY COULD NOT PROVIDE US SERVICE, so we still have to pay for service we are not recieving??? At this point it look like this is going to cost us $1500 to $2000 dollars. this is simply a scam, the replys from Time warner is simply you signed a contract and you should have had a laywer look at teh contract. It was a  contract for phone service, I sould not have to involve a lawyer for phone service . stay awat from time warner business class. by the way the business class service was the same as the home service, just at a much higher rate.
Feb 06 2011
How is it that an individual can pay a past bill have everything set up for installation have date and time even have the rep call back about showtime and HBO that would be David rep number 28189 . Then have some one call the next day (Robin from Audit) and tell you that you have to pay for past collection fees before u can have cable installed. Needless to say now I'm a little irritated. So I Pay the 81 dollars collection fee and was once again set up for instillation Tuesday at 10 - 12. Then for the second day in a row I received a phone call from Time Warner (Jennifer from Audit) stating once again they messed up and I needed to pay for a modem (6yr old account i might add). I HAVE NO DAMN MODEM FROM 6 YRS AGO . Now time warner will not install until i now pay 64 dollars to pay off the modem, Now I'm Pissed.. Why did these slip through so many people and why do they call and say OPPS we made a mistake and you need to give us more money. Are you guys serious? On principal reasons i will not pay the remainder 64 dollars. So I spoke to Mrs Walsh rep 61802 (suppose to be a supervisor) Tells me under no circumstances would the 64 dollars be wiped out. FOR REAL? Now i would of paid ALL THE BILLS THAT WERE WITH THE ACCOUNT had i been told up front. i had already paid for a bill that would of been wiped clean in 4 months had i waited. YES TIME WARNER WILL WIPE BILLS 6 YRS OLD  in a forgiven bill plan thing. So i only had to wait 4 months to have the damn bill wiped and it would of been free. AND THEY ARE HOUNDING ME ABOUT 64 DOLLARS THAT THEY FORGOT ABOUT TWICE. I will be calling MR HURD at 513-605-6723 to try to get something figured out. But is this how Time Warner has customer service? Y'all mess up twice I paid for one mess up why do i have to pay another? Take it up with the people who MESSED up not the one who is on the receiving end. Customer Service At its Finest at TIME WARNER CABLE                           Go Y'All
Entity: cincinnati, Ohio
30, Report #1019706
Feb 24 2013
Time Warner Cable Mike Stanton, Gregory Magery, Andy Allocco Time Warner Rochester NY, Terrible Experience Time Warner Cable Rochester, New York
I am writing you through this channel as no one at your company will respond any other method. I have been having phone issues for over 2 years. When I originally signed up I was told the $79 plan and band width would work fine for my VoIP system. I have spent weeks, days and countless hours over the past couple years even upgrading 3-4 times taking my bill to $300 per month to still have issues. I have a two year long email trail showing the issues stem from time Warner not my VoIP provider putting Time Warner in violation of the contract for the entire term it existed. Being a small business this has already cost me an amount I do not dare put a number on in lost productivity and loss time of my own. In my line of work if I even verbally state that something is a certain way to a client I am obligated to stand behind it. It was clearly communicated to me that the bandwidth I had would not give me an issues. Even each time I upgraded this was again communicated to me. The emails I have clearly support this as well. The final solution was to try 2 modems which currently are finally working. It was my understanding at this point it was not the intention to charge more that sales would work out a pricing solution. I even have this in writing from a rep Greg Madgory and time warner is now refusing to stand behind this continuing to charge me for the modem that was just a test and if it turned out to work was going to be at no cost. It has been communicated to me multiple times due to the issues a solution would be provided without further increasing my bill which has happened 4 times now. I was told nothing could be done as far as adjusting pricing and quoted a price that was higher than the flyer offers you send in the mail which was completely unacceptable. At this point it is the sheer principle of the matter. I have escalated this to a manager Andy Alloco who needs a class in customer service training as he is condescending in every encounter. His boss Mike Stanton was supposed to call me over two weeks ago and I have sent 7 follow-up emails requesting his call. All I want is a solution in which I was promised that I do not have to pay more for. As I was promised. I have Internet and phone currently at 3 business locations as well as my home service so needless to say I have a lot of business with Time Warner.  I have been through so much and I have 63 emails back from 2010 supporting my case that if I do not have a resolution I am willing to take this as far as possible.  I will continue to take any actions needed as I feel very passionate about this issue that has taken a great deal of my time and money.
Entity: Rochester, New York
31, Report #1161982
Jul 14 2014
Time Warner Cable Reward Card SCAM Time Warner, Time Warner Cable, Reward Card Palm Springs Nationwide
In February I had Time Warner Intelligent Home installed which included a $300.00 gift card 4-6 weeks afer 90 days of service. The 6 weeks was approximately July 8th. When I called this evening to follow up on not receiving it I was told that it wouldn't be sent until the 27th of July but that being a Sunday it wouldn't go out until the 28th. Roughly 9 weeks after the 90 day period. The rep then said oh well they are actually taking 8-10 weeks before they are sent out.   I escalated to a supervisor who then proceeded to tell me that I am not getting the card at all. He said that my account was not in good standing. However, I pay my bill within the grace period as I am on Social Security Disabilty and I get my money on the third Wednesday of the month so that can be anywhere from the 15th to the 25th depending on where the third Wednesday falls. I have never received a late notice, I have never been disconnected in the three years I have had TWC service.   I updgrated to Signature Home at the end of 2013 and paid within the grace period and received my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 without any issues. The supervisor could not explain how I recieved the tablet.   I have had several TWC billing reps and Personal Solutions Advisors explain that an account is in good standing if paid within the grace period. Isn't that what a grace period is for - to keep your account in good standing and allow some flexibility in payment?   Also, other people I know have been shut off or very late in making payment and they still got their reward.
32, Report #1207826
Feb 09 2015
Time Warner Cable Time Warner Cable, Time Warner, Promised me a laptop if i bought thier cable bundled with high speed internet Middleburg Heights Nationwide
This happed August-September 2014     the deal ended 10/19/2014 I recieved a promotional deal in the mail from Time Warner Cable, The deal was if you Bought thier high speed internet and bundled it with thier cable (and kept it for 90 days), you would get a FREE DELL inspirion 11 3000 series 2 in 1. ($450 value at the time) As a loyal customer to Time Warner Cable, I've been using their high-speed internet 5 or 6 years, I thought if I just add thier standard cable; I could get a much needed new 2 in 1 laptop. I mean $20/month + what i was spending on thier high speed internet already ($85-$90). They would make the money for the free laptop in a few months, (because of how long you have to keep the service before you get the laptop), and since i was loyal to Time Warner Cable; I had thought a free present from my favorite internet service provider would be nice. (Since Time Warners Cable's high-speed internet goes out quite frequently) So, to get a free awesome new laptop/tablet sounded like it'd be really nice, Especially if they gave back to the customers for all of thier constant service outages. Anyway, I didnt really even want thier cable, I really just wanted the laptop (as ive been trying to save up for one). It was football season and my father liked watching football so we thought well fine we will get it until football season ends. Even with multiple calls to Time Warner Cable due to faulty internet issues, i would mention and ask every Representitive and Technician about the deal and if there was anything else i needed to do. EVERY representitive/technition,etc, on the end of Time Warner Cable's call line had told me I will definately get the laptop. So, a couple months passed and i get a call from Time Waner Cable, They explain due to a day or two late payment,  I was unelible for the laptop, so we asked if we could just pay off all of our debt to them to get the laptop and they told us there was no possible way and i was completely ineligible to get the laptop. Meaning, i had spent money on cable i didn't even want and that Time Warner Cable's promotions/deals/savings/whatever you want to call them are only scams and that Time warner Cable only lives in their fine print. I will never recommend time warner cable to anyone ever again.I sincerely condemn Time Warner Cable and advise everyone to STAY AWAY FROM TIME WARNER CABLE no matter where you live.
Jul 11 2007
Time Warner Cable Lunacy monopoly run around time wasting story changing Ripoff Chatsworth California
We moved from a location where we already had cable TV, and tried to acquire cable at our new location , one quarter of a mile away. 9 months later we are still waiting. That is 9 months, and at least 9 appointments... oh i am sorry 2 more were scheduled within the last half and hour, so that brings it to 9 appointments, with no joy and 2 more pending???!!!and lord knows how many job numbers, special calls from despatch that were supposed to come in, no shows no call, contractor call to check lines and call, also no show no call, then installers turning up with we need more than one person we need 2. We need more than one person we need 3, we just have to go up the pole, and adjust something, it's a simple situation, its a difficult situation, we need to re wire and any multi tude of elaborate stories in between. All we want to understand is that the people that had this location before had cable untill they moved out, no problem, so what exactly is the problem? Person in guest house on property has cable, uses same pole. We have taken names on the phone, of representatives, but have given up even after elaborate promises of compensation, and promises that THIS TIME we will have cable that they will personal ly see to it, only to call back and ask for the people concerned and be met with I don't know them. We don't have the facility to transfer I have fought to get supervisers on the phone. Today a very nice guy apparently went above and beyond, as many others supposedly have, but we still end up with a big fat NADA CABLE!!! I have waitied in several hours, a few hours, all day. I have taken time off work, come home early from work, telling my colleagues and manager the story of the cable. At this point they probably think I am making up stories.. .. We have a $400.00 cable box!!! Is that not an issue. ? Gathering dust in the closet for the possibility of at some time seeing light I wish we could just use another company but Time Warner have a monopoly in this area, and because of trees surrounding the location, Dish TV is not a possibility. What is going on in that office, that it takes this long to get organized???!! I could have conceived and had a child by now!! A Canoga park, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Chatsworth., California
Jun 10 2005
Time Warner Cable - TWC Ripoff making up rules and maximizing inconvenience Binghamton New York
Someone in my house called to set up cable & was told they would need to pay the company for a outstanding balance from 6 years ago at another address 1st. With the assumption that the debt is valid, shouldn't TW have sent collection notices for the last 6 years? Apparently they dont think that is necessary, not a one had been received. I try to get service in my name at the same address but was told- All debts owed by anyone else in the household to Time Warner must be settled first, or payment arrangements made, the 1st payment being due when the technician comes to hook up service. Or they said they'd settle for proof that the person is no longer in the household. Well if we allowed you to hook up service the person who owes us money will benefit from our service too What kind of bullsh** policy is that? At that point, any other person in the house is irrevelant. I am requesting service in MY name, therefore I will be responsible for the bill..nothing to do with anyone else. I have never heard of anything like that happening before at any other divisions of TWC, they must ad-lib in their own rules here as they go to maximize inconvenience to the customer. I found a way around their b.s. in the end, so it looks like I got the last word Nicole Northern, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Binghamton, New York
Oct 28 2005
Time Warner Cable deceptive telemarketer ripoff Minneapolis Minnesota
As a basic Time Warner cable subscriber, I was called by a Time Warner telemarketer asking me if I wished to receive premium cable at no extra charge for two months as a valued customer, with NO strings attached. I said yes. Afterwards, I received NO correspondence asking me if I wanted the premium service to continue, nor notification that any extra billing would apply. After ninety days, the premium charges showed up on by direct credit card billing. I called, and the charge was taken off. I consider Time Warner's telemarketing fraudulent. They should have called me and/or mailed me asking if I would have liked the premium service to continue. Jason edina, MinnesotaU.S.A.
Entity: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Feb 03 2004
Time Warner Cable never resolved issue with collection agy and credit bureaus Memphis Tennessee
i wrote a letter to Dean Deyo, the head of TW in Memphis at that time to have a collection item on my credit report removed as i never owed anything to TW. not only did i write him a letter, I also wrote the officers of TW in New York. I mainly dealt with Elaine Richards in the Memphis office. I received a letter from Mr. Deyo apologizing for the mistake and that this would be removed from the collection agency and that all 3 credit bureaus would be notified. adding insult to injury he had the nerve to send me a coupon for $5 off my next TW Bill! the removal of the collection item NEVER HAPPENED. 2 years later and it's still on my credit report. this all happened under my maiden name. this was all caused b/c i moved from one apt to another and the TW technician changed out the RR modem instead of using the same one that was there to begin with and that's why TW reported me to a collection agency. evidently their tech was the one who didn't bring the previous modem back not me. Barbara Memphis, TennesseeU.S.A.
Entity: Memphis, Tennessee
Oct 31 2004
Time Warner Cable Continued billing after cancellation of service West Monroe Louisiana
I'm really mad at Time Warner Cable at the moment. Just got a letter today from a collection agency those dummies turned me into. I went to the local office and turned in their digital cable box on April 13th, and told them to disconnect me, since I was switching to Dish Network. The next month, I get another bill, for the package I had and rental on the converter box I returned. I call them, telling them I have the receipt showing I returned the box the previous month, and they were supposed to disconnect me. The person on the phone said they would have a supervisor call me back when he finished with a customer. Never heard back, so tossed the bill. The next month, I get another bill for two months service, for the package I dropped and converter box rental. I call again, get the same run-around. I try emailing them, no response there either. The following months, I keep getting bills, so I write Return to Sender on them and put them back in the mailbox, getting tired of dealing with them. On July 13, I come home, find a warning from them hanging on my doorknob, saying if I don't pay $434.99, they will disconnect me. I call AGAIN, tell them I returned their equipment on April 13, and they were supposed to disconnect me then. They then said they would make the proper adjustments. Then, the next month, I get a bill for April-July, with just the equipment rental price deducted, for $355. I call AGAIN, they give me the supervisor will get back to you. I never hear anything, so I just give up, since no one there has any sense. The collection agency thing is the last straw. I am heading to their office Monday, with the collection notice, the April 13th reciept, and the door hanger they left in July, and I feel like shoving all that stuff up their posteriors. Albert West Monroe, LouisianaU.S.A.
Entity: West Monroe, Louisiana
Mar 08 2002
Time Warner Cable ripoff Cape Coral Florida
While purchasing a PPV Sports event I encountered an error message and was prompted to call customer service. When I called at 10:00pm, I got an answering service that told me Customer Service was only open from 09:00 - 5:00 Mon thru Fri. They told me to call back on Monday. How does this help purchase a PPV on Friday night? What customer service??? Hello! Mike Cape Coral, Florida Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on Time Warner Cable
Entity: Cape Coral, Florida
Jun 05 2002
Time Warner Cable Consumer fraud ripoff false promises, overpriced SOB's Minneapolis Minnesota
We used to have Paragon Cable and we almost shut it off but then were promised that things would be better when Time Warner took over. What a bunch of hooey! Now they not only provide the same unbelievably bad customer service but now it's coupled with outrageous prices! Before I had it shut off we went from $51 + rip-off fees to $64 + rip off fees in less than 1 year and this was FOR BASIC CABLE with no premium channels. They also somehow decided that that wasn't enough but sent us a bill for $115.00 and when we asked why they told us that it was for 2 months but couldn't give us a reason why they were billing for 2 months instead of 1 and if it was for 2 months why it wasn't double. What I can't figure out is why every one I know pays like $35 for their cable service and we were being charged so much. Maybe it's because they DON'T have TWC! After talking to their customer service people I decided to just shut it off and pay the balance over the next couple of months. Then they shut it off and started to harrass us weekly for the full balance! To add insult to injury they keep sending us their advertisements in the mail! I will NEVER use Time Warner Cable again and if I find out that ANYONE is affiliated with them (i.e. AOL) I will not use their service either. To TWC: TV is supposed to be ENTERTAINMENT! The last thing your customers need after WORKING all day is try to figure out one of your bills or talk to your customer service people. They don't care about your customers and are arrogant and just plain rude. I can't believe that you wonder why people STEAL cable! Everytime I hear about someone who's gotten over on you I feel like smiling. Catherine Minneapolis, Minnesota
Entity: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Oct 15 2006
Time Warner Cable Billing Collections Scam Columbus Ohio
I had TW Cable service at one address (let's call it South St.) from about July 04 - July 05. At that time, I checked out -in person- at their office: returned all my equip; provided my forwarding address, and verbally confirmed several times that my acct balance was zero. A couple months later, my new place was ready and I, again, started up a new account with Time Warner cable for (let's call it) North St. I had service there from about Sept 05 to Feb. 06. I called TW to disconnect that account around Feb. 2, 2006. When the accounting on that was finished... I, eventually, received a pleasant refund (by mail in April 06) of $43.20 that I had overpaid on that account. Cut to July, 2006. A bill found its way to my new home... for $30-something dollars outstanding and past due to Time Warner Cable !!!!!! I called a couple times, spoke with different cust sv reps of theirs. At one point, a supervisor from accounting was to call me to explain the debt. Instead, I just learned last night that he dropped my case right into collections. Now the notices are coming from some outside bulldog firm. Supposedly, the debt is from my last bill from July 05 on South Street, even though I not only gave them my forwarding address over a year ago, but even restarted service with them in my own name...THEN received a refund... now they are all indignant about something that somehow only came to light a full year later... After this experience, I truly believe this organization knowingly benefits from a policy of exhausting and frustrating people until they just find it easier to pay. I have been given no reason to believe that I actually owe this money, or to put faith in their recordkeeping methods - and yet now my own credit is at risk. Not cool. Valerie Columbus, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Columbus, Ohio
Dec 14 2009
TIME WARNER CABLE Increased my bill to allmost twice what I was paying. Ashtabula, Ohio
I received a shot off notice for my cable,phone,computer from Time Warner Cable. With a balance due of almost $500.00 So I called and the woman said that my contract expired a year ago and that I have been paying $169.99 for the last year..I tried to tell her she was nuts. But she would not listen so I drove into the cable company. Where I found a line of people with the same problem. But the woman there told me that my contract expired in November and not a year ago and went from $99.99 to $169.99 a month...I can not afford this I told her she said well if you pay $130.00 of the almost $500.00 balance due I will put you on another special..I figured she would put me back on the $99.99 special so I paid her the $130.00.  And she said well I can put you on a special for $159.99 a month...I can't afford that. and the only other option is to back to a dish company...(which sucked) the picture would go out at least 3 times during any give show...Monopoly is what it is for years we have been going back and forth between dish and cable because of there prices....This i s wrong.....What I want to know Is why can Time Warner Cable charge the neighbor $99.99 a month for the same service and I have to pay $169.99........This should be illegal.....who governs these cable companies??? RIP OFF OF ALL RIP OFFS.....
Entity: Ashtabula, Ohio
Jun 29 2009
Time Warner Cable Service Problem Never Resolved Irving Texas
I would like to start out to say that I have been a customer of Time Warner for 30 years. Apparantely that does not help my cause whatsoever. I started having problems with my digital and regular cable around June 8th of 2009. I called the number on my bill for service on June 8th and they scheduled a tech to come out of June 11th he was to arrive somewhere in the window of 2:00 to 5:00 pm. I was informed that he would call twice before his appointment and if I did not answer then the appointment would be cancelled. I therefore supplied them with my cell number which I have on my body at all times. I never received a phone call on the 11th but a tech showed up at my door. Unfortunately a bad storm had come throught N. Texas on June 10th and knocked out power to over 20,000 residences and mine was one of them. So when he showed up at my door I informed him I had no electrcity to be able to check the cable. He told me to call the office whenever my electricity was restored. On June 14th I called the customer service number once again and explained the electrical outage and told them I had electricity and that my cable was still not working properly. They scheduled someone to come out on June 16th between 2:00 and 5:00. I again gave them my cell number as the best way to reach me. They told me the same scenario would apply if the tech called twice and no answer the call would be cancelled. I was told that I would have about a 15 to 20 minute window of opportunity to get back home after the tech notified me. The tech showed up at my home and I had left a friend over there to since I had to be at work that day. He changed out the box on the digital cable and then proceeded to tell my friend that the other tv's in the home needed a converter box to make them work properly. He explained since the conversion on June 12th to all digital I would have to replace my tv's to digital or get a convert box. Bull!!!!!!! I even know this as long as your tv is with a cable company you do not need a converter box. He programmed my digital tv (the one on regular cable) so that I would get the local channels like 5, 8, 4 and 11 up higher. It still did not fix the snow and the lines running through which is bad reception period. Again this tech left and told my friend if I had any more problems or if the problem was not resolved I was to call back in and they would have a line tech come out because the problem would be outside in the line somewhere. He also said I would not have to be home when they came out. Okay so the cable is still not working. At this point I am frustrated an annoyed. I have guys coming out to my home and talking about stuff that just doesn't make sense. Why not just fix the darn problem and let me enjoy my life.. I have to call back again and they schedule a guy to come out on June 20th between 2:00 to 5:00. At exactly 2:01 my cell phone rings. It is the tech inquiring if I was still having problems with my cable service. I said yes and he replied okay I will be out there shortly. I patiently sat down and started to wait for him to show. Thinking I would only be waiting for about 20 minutes I went ahead and corraled my dogs so that when he arrived they would not try to bite him. I waited and waited. No tech! Finally by 4:40 I decided to have my brother hang around my home while I ran to pick up my daughter. Finally at 4:45 he showed. He preceded to tell my brother that he would install a device to help bring the signal into the tv's stronger. He did this and left. While he was there he went into the back yard and the whole time he was there he was talking on his cell phone. Laughing and talking about personal stuff. He could of cared less if the cable was fixed or not. Guess what the cable was not fixed. I called Time Warner back on June 20th at 1:00am explained what had happened earlier that day and also went over with them again that supposably I did not even have to be home when someone came out next because it was in the line somewhere and not in my home. The customer service rep agreed with me and said she would set it up for someone to look at the line the next day. Our cable is still messed up. I have placed and received numerous calls from Time Warner. When they are suppose to call me on my cell number they will call me at my home number during the day when I am at work. I have told anyone and everyone at Time Warner my cell number in hopes that they would call the right number. I am beginning to think they do not understand English. In the week of June 22 through the 26th I called them every single day. I got different stories from different customer service reps to why my service was not working still. I then received a call from a Time Warner person that says he resolves issues between customers service and the techs. He said not to call the customer service number anymore and supplied me with his cell number. He said to call him if I was still having problems. Well DUH I am still having problems. I was going out of town that Friday so I decided to call him today (June 29th) to let him know we are still having problems. I got no answer and then I left message. I called back after two hours and finally got him. He said he would talk with a tech and call me back. Three hours later still no call back. Called him again and no answer left a message again. Time Warner do the right thing fix my cable so I can watch it and stop giving a customer of 30 years the run around. Why do I have to take off work and wait for 3 hours for someone to show up when I have done this 3 times. What's that about. Shouldn't there be exceptions to the rule for some customers? Get someone out that really knows what they are doing. I am most likely going to cancel my service and move on to AT&T. Any help to resolve this issue is appreciated but apparantley if you are not GOD no one can help. Kmbarr2 Grand Prairie, TexasU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Time Warner Cable
Entity: Irving, Texas
Aug 12 2009
Time Warner Cable Took advantage of senior citizen Plano Texas
The time warner way. My mother got time warner around two years ago, because after her husband died she sold the family home to move into a small apartment community. She got an agent who assured her that her rates would be set, and that she would have a universal type phone service as well with free long distance. well months later she noticed that the bill was over 200.00 dollars every month so i called to see what the glitch was.. I was informed that she did not have the universal plan or what ever the term is for this , and that she in fact had the local plan. I asked them to change it to what she originally was told she would get. i was told that it was to late, and that she would have to keep the one she has. let me tell you a little about this local plan. local for her was 972 area code. but only a few parts of 972 area code. So if she needed to call her apartment office, guess what it was long distance, if she called the neighbors upstairs it was long distance, if she called any place other than certain spots it was long distance. well i tried over and over for about a 18 months to get them to change this or let her out of it, and they refused every time.It was not until i made a threat of the attorney general and the BBB that they stated that it would be no problem. I mean it was just like lighting fast. So now the bill was to be 57 dollars per month from now on. This is great right,,,wrong.. because they charged her 90 dollars three times to change to what she originally asked for in the first place. My mother has terminal kidney disease and is not in good health. it just seems a shame that a company like time warner get away with preying on people with the trick sales tactics they use.If you think about it, Are we all that well off that we can pay hundreds of dollars a month to watch reruns of the same programs. people find other more honest companies if you must have the service, but time warner is the snake of the industry. You can even choose free sites like hulu.com and watch programs for free. You can choose cheep fixed rate cell phone services like metro and truly get a fixed rate.Stop giving time warner your money.Better yet save that money and take your family on a flight some place, because that is what the families of time warner are doing with the money that they are robbing from you and senior citizens alike. This company is not worthy to do business in the state of texas. PS . this is only the tip of what i really could tell you about what they have done , and continue to do to torment customers. It would take pages just to tell you about the two person office, the rude phone calls, and the sorry for your luck type attitude they take with the very customers that make the possible for them to have a tech truck to not show up in when they say they will. Tiredoftakingit dallas, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Plano, Texas
Feb 26 2009
OK, First off let's talk about how the industry forced us to either purchase new tv's, or cable tv service. Second of all, automated systems, we all hate um, TWC automated system for bill payment doesn't even work! You don't have to use the automated system, but I'm afraid to give up my card #online, and using a rep to process payments will cost you an extra $5 bucks on top of the overpriced cable that I have to buy because Cleveland is such a slum, they are the only company offering cable in my area. I called the 24 line to pay my bill, the system didn't work, nor could it tell me my balance. I was transferred to a rep who I believe that I woke her from a nap. She didn't even try to clear her throat or pretend to be awake, she just plainly stated Thank God it's Thursday, I'm off tomorrow, never did give me my account balance, but she did convince me to add starz to my package because they supposedly show a new movie weekly, which is DEFINITELY not the case with HBO and SHWTIME Anyway, I was connected to some other prick who was very patronizing, and insisted that I owed a bill from December, which was my first month (which you pay in advance to the tech when he connects you) so that would be impossible! Plus, the last rep told me last month my bill was $66, I paid them an even $70, so even thought I pay my bill on time every month, it keeps getting higher and higher. When the sales reps offer these great deals they always say it'll just be $60-70 total , but you get your bill and it's like $150 Mamanikki cleveland, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: CLEVELAND, Ohio
Jan 23 2009
Time Warner Cable Refuse to send reimbursement payment Columbus Ohio
After moving, I accidently paid my old Time Warner Account instead of the new one. This occurred in July 2008. Since then I have tried and tried to get a reimbursement check sent. I have called them since July and each time hanging up believing that a check was on it's way. I have since started calling monthly and each time there is another reason why they can't send me a refund. I have sent bank statements etc and they still refuse to reimburse me. If I owed them money, they would have shut off service and came after me. I have now been waiting over 7 months for a reimbursement of $200 and cannot get anywhere on receiving my money. 327heaven Dayton, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Columbus, Ohio
46, Report #592073
Apr 11 2010
Time Warner Cable unfair billing practices Cincinnati, Ohio
After many years as a Time Warner Cable customer, I cancelled my service in February 2010. Because TWC bills for service in advance, their February 22 statement to me showed a credit balance. I called TWC when I got that statement because I knew I owed an early termination fee. TWC told me that would appear on my next statement, scheduled for March 22. I was told to wait for that statement and then to write a check for the balance; TWC could not put this final bill on my credit card (as had been done automatically when I was a customer) since my account with them was closed. On 3/25 I received a statement, dated 3/22/10, that showed the credit balance forward from my February statement, a billing detail item (the termination fee), and a final balance owed to TWC. The next day (3/26) I went to the TWC office to pay the final bill and was told my balance was more than the bill showed. TWC had deemed my account past due (even before sending the 3/22/10 final bill) and had turned the account over to a collection agency! I made numerous phone calls and finally got in touch with the collection agency. I explained the situation to them and they had me fax the 2/22/10 statement, the 3/25/10 statement and the 3/26/10 payment receipt to them. They referred the matter back to TWC. TWC returned it to the collection agency, insisting I owed the collection fee. Under duress, because my credit rating was being threatened, I paid the collection fee plus a processing fee. My contention is that since my account was never past due, TWC should never have put the account in collection and I should not have to pay for their mistake.
Entity: Cincinnati, Ohio
Feb 01 2012
Time Warner Cable Never Got Rebate I was promised!! Los Angeles, California
In the first half of 2011 I  switched my internet over to Time Warner cable and was promised a $50.00 gift card.I filled out forms and sent a copy of my phone bill plus went online to fill out a form.That was over 8 months ago.  Still no gift card.After a few months I called the salesman who had come to my house. He said he would take care of it..A few months later I called him again and he said to send him an email and he would walk it over to the proper department..Still nothing. Once again I called and sent him an email.Still nothing. I called TWC and they told me I have to be in good standing for 90 days, which I was. Then they said to go online  and check status.. I tried and no  record found..I called the rebate department and they said they did not handle that promotion and I have to call marketing. I could not get anymore info and still no gift card.
Entity: Los Angeles, California
Feb 11 2012
Time-Warner Cable Incompetence, Overcharges Costa Mesa, California
Contents of my complaint directed to Time-Warner: Complaint regarding BILLING INCOMPETENCE: I stopped Local Broadcast on 1/12/2012. The 1/18/12 billing included a full month charge for Local and I paid it figuring I'd receive credit for the overpayment for the 2/18/12 period. WRONG!  The 2/18 bill not only did NOT provide a credit, but had ANOTHER full month charge for Local. UNBELIEVABLE! Questions: 1. How is it possible to be so incompetent as to be unable to record billing changes when service is reduced? 2. How is it possible to compound the problem over a period of months? 3. Are there no coordination, checks and balances in between service and billing? Complaint regarding CUSTOMER SUPPORT INCOMPETENCE: I called today expecting to resolve the matter quickly.  WRONG!  The support rep, Susan, could not find a record of the cancellation and put me on hold for 20 minutes.  UNBELIEVABLE!  While on hold, I located the service removal receipt and gave her the specifics when she finally came back on the line. Questions: 1. How is it possible to be so incompetent as to be unable to determine that the most recent billing statement documented the 1/12 service call? 2. Why is it necessary to place customers on interminably long holds to determine the obvious? 3. Why doesn't your left hand know what the right hand is doing? 4. Why does Time-Warner make the federal government bureaucracy look like a well oiled machine in comparison? I will not pay the current bill until you Keystone Cop wannabe's provide a statement that correctly reflects all due credits.  Everyone who works for Tw should hang their heads in shame.  With all the incompetence in your organization, it's no wonder the fees are so ridiculously high.
Entity: Costa Mesa, California
Jan 10 2011
time warner cable Overcharged rochester, New York
Entity: rochester, New York
Oct 25 2012
Time Warner Cable Promotional Rate Increases mid-promotion www.timewarnercable.com, Internet
Time Warner Cable has increased my promotional rates 2 times in 6 months for a total of $10 a month.  Not a huge sum of money but it's the principal.  Based off other reports they do this frequently.  I have to imagine they are taking advantage of a limited market in Maine where they are the only land based Cable company and there are few other options.  Called for explanation and they only state increased costs.  Don't understand why they can violate terms of our agreement with a set cost for a set number of months.   Never in my life have I done business with such an untrustworthy company.  Someone should start a class action lawsuit to show them it's a breach of contract and a poor way to operate a business! Not to mention they're service is sub par and they charge more than Comcast.  Poorly designed user interface, glitchy cable box that freezes and needs to be unplugged every few days, and an annoying constant lag. Go with any other company beside them and thank me later.
Entity: www.timewarnercable.com, Internet