VONAGE Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Vonage

There may be more reports for "Vonage"

For more results perform a general search for "Vonage"

Showing 76-100 of 729 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Vonage"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

76, Report #205818
Aug 12 2006
Vonage ripoff- early termination charges Nationwide
We signed a contract for 1 year. Called the day before the contract was to expire to let them know we would not be continuing b/c they had told us they automatically renew without notificaton from the customer. Instead, they cancelled the account immediately - even though we told them the year would be up in the following day and that's when we wanted to terminate and then charged us $39.99 in early termination fee. When we called customer service they told us that we had indeed cancelled early (even if by one day) and would have to pay it. We had paid them online via bill pay but was never set up as automatic payments. We schedule them each month, so we never authorized them to charge anything to our account yet they did so with this fee. We ended up having to call our bank who refunded our money and did an investigation. We won and vonage never got the money back but they SUCK for us having to go through all of this crap. Even though it is extemely inconvenient to have to keep up with the exact day your of contract my advice is to do it that day. If you wait even 1 day later they will go ahead and bill you for the month and say you can't cancel retroactive so you will be out for that month. You have to do it on the exact day or your screwed either way. M gaoiubl, South CarolinaU.S.A.
77, Report #206497
Aug 16 2006
Vonage ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing Internet
Vonage Vonage is a modem phone service. After having problems with the Vonage equipment, I decided to cancel the service after being with Vonage for 2 years. They would not cancel me by me writing to them though their Vonage Terms of Service require me to do so. They forced me to call and after spending 2 hours on the phone with the account specialist, they offered me a product to keep their service that would supposedly solve my problems that I was having with their equipment. During the phone call, I asked numberous times and was promised that I would not be charged for anything. After getting off the phone, I instantly received an email from Vonage charging my credit card $95.14 for the (free)product that they promised me, shipping for this product, and activation and charges for another line on my account that was never authorized. I repeatedly asked the account representative to tell me that I would be charged for nothing. Then, I call immediately to cancel my service and of course they try to apologize and claim it was just a mistake. I do not want to talk anymore. I want my service cancelled and make sure that I will be not be charged for anything considering the fact per Vonage's Term of Service that I have been a customer longer than 1 year. The account representative tells me that I will not be charged for anything considering I have been a customer longer than 1 year. Next, I have been charged for $81.51 for disconnection fees for 2 lines. Though I was told that I would not be charged a termination fee because I have had service longer than a year they also charged me a disconnection fee for another phone line that they had just recently added without my authorization and that is why I cancelled service with them. Shanna Pace, FloridaU.S.A.
78, Report #207159
Aug 21 2006
Vonage Fraudulent Billing, Dishonest Internet
Vonage customer service often takes more than 45 minutes to answer your call. You cannot simply e-mail them a credit request. You must speak with someone live who will still not issue a credit, as it always must be investigated. Oftentimes, an e-mail response is never received and follow-up with Vonage is necessary. When cancelling your service, you MUST call Vonage ALWAYS. You cannot simply move your telephone number to another phone company. The phone number will be transferred, but you will continue to be billed by Vonage even though they are not providing any service to you whatsoever! Your new phone company may not know this! They may think that Vonage is like other phone companies and will stop billing. BE CAREFUL! Vonage will NOT stop billing. They claim it is because they are not controlled by the FCC and therefore do not have to follow their rules. I had to call my bank to have the unauthorized charges removed. Mark Scottsdale, ArizonaU.S.A.
Sep 13 2006
Vonage Phone Ripoff Hidden cost at disconnection Internet
I had vonage for 10 months, during which a great number of phone calls were disconnected in the middle of the conversation. Granted, Comcast was in part responsible for weak high speed internet connection. However, there were times when I would have internet access with no dial tone. I was never aware of the fact that there is a $39 dollar hidden cost associated with services which are disconnected before 13 months. I have never signed such a contract, but this is apprently the rule. One month sign on bonus was not worth it. I would never go back to a company that charges you for disconnecting a service...this has never been done by any non-wireless companies that I know of. Wireless phone companies are upfront about how much they will charge you if you do not live up to your one or two year contract. With vonage, there was NO contract! Alice Wallingford, ConnecticutU.S.A.
Feb 01 2008
Vonage charges AFTER cancelling my account Nationwide
I signed up with Vonage a year ago. After a few months, I moved and had no high speed internet connection and no need for the service. On November 8 of last year, I called to cancel the account. The person I spoke with was told all of the information provided above as to why I was cancelling. She did her usual sales pitches, but I refused them all. She told me that I owed nothing on the account, as it was paid in full to date, and it would be cancelled. Plain as day...there would be no new charges, and I was done. That's it. January 9 this year (2008) I received an e-mail stating that a transaction from Vonage couldn't go through. 2 days later I got another one. I e-mailed them back (to save on my cell phone charges) and told them I had cancelled, what the lady had told me, and asked why I was still being charged. I got a response shortly after stating that I had agreed to a free month of service, so the account didn't get cancelled because I didn't call and close it before the free month was over. I never agreed to this, and had been assured it was going to be closed. I am currently disputing this with the company, but I feel that any business that uses these practices to get money needs to be thouroughly investigated. These charges are completely false and I will NOT pay them. Thankfully, the bank account they are trying to charge is an account I closed in December. One thing that may help fix these situations is getting customer service people who KNOW ENGLISH!!!!!!!! Brandi Prescott, ArizonaU.S.A.
Feb 04 2008
Vonage No One Answers: No Refund Medford Oregon
Vonage said free 30 trial. On the first day I tried to cancel because my local service ended up being being long distance to incoming calls. Plus sounded like air in the lines. It took me many attempted contacts to Vonage; a letter to the B.B.B. and Attorney General to get things settled. It made it even more frustrating to read their dishonest letter which stated I had not tried to work with them. Eventually they did correct the problem, but only after being turned in to B.B.B. and Attorney General. Lsm Medford, OregonU.S.A.
Entity: Medford, Oregon
Feb 26 2008
Vonage lied miss lead people
vonage is not what it cracks up to be.all they want is someone to sign up with them.so they can take your money.i signed up with them in dec..i called in jan9 to have services cancaled was told yes.and that i will have money refunded.in feb i called vonage back cuz they took yet again another payment out.they said i never called and if i still wanted to cancel they will charge me 40.00 to do so.i told them i was not paying to have services canceled.then she said well here is an address i can write to.to fight this i still have not heard anything.it is now march and they took another 35.00 out of my acct.what can i do about this? Tonya winchester, TennesseeU.S.A.
Apr 02 2008
Vonage Refusal to cancel account Internet
I have called Vonage 3x in the last few months requesting to cancel my service because I can nolonger afford to pay for it. Previous to this I had my account lowered to 14.99 / 500min a month plan. After the 1st pain staking call, I walked away with no cancellation and a month free and an I agreed I would consider seeing if family or friends would like to take ownership of the service. The 2nd pain staking call was very much like the first and I walked away with no cancellation and with a 14.99 / unlimited plan, new equipment, and number change. The 3rd pain staking call I walked away with no cancellation and a reduced bill (I also did not hook up or use the service between the 2nd and 3rd call), a reduced plan, and a promise I would pay the reduce fee by the next billing date. The reduced plan was some 4.99 a month and I could receive incoming calls at no extra charge, but outgoing would cost me. I have no intention of using it and I will pay my reduce fee by the next billing period and trying to cancel again. I told the Rep that it is apparant that I could go on for years and not pay a dime. Her response was that this was fine and that Vonage respects their customers and value their business and are willing to assist in anyway. Except obviously letting me cancel. The only problem is having to maintain a consent scheduling of calling and saying that I can not afford the service. Please investigate. If you would like I could call with a lawyer or FOX news on the line and prove that they will keep on offering options after options. Dpm Vineland, New JerseyU.S.A.
Jan 04 2006
Vonage ripoff Green Cove Springs Florida Nationwide
On 9 December 2005 I decided to try Vonage. If I would have known now, what I know now, I would never have done it. I have forked over $83 and have not received my phone adapter. I would advise everyone to put this company out of business due to the fact that they are not hiring english speaking People. I have spent several days on the phone, on hold with Customer Care with no one answering listening to their stupid ads. I finally call Sales because I figured there would be a live person there. Live person, yes, English speaking.... definitly not. I asked to speak to a supervisor 3 times and was absolutely refused on 2 occasions. I finally got in touch with the supervisor who again could only speak broken English and relaying to him that I wanted my account cancelled and my money returned...his answer was Well when you return the equipment, we'll refund your money. I asked him...how do I do that when I never received it. Do you not have a record of it being shipped. All he could repear was a script, please send your equipment in and we'll refund your $$. What imbicels!!! Debi Green Cove Springs, FloridaU.S.A.
Apr 05 2006
Vonage ripoff Holmdel New Jersey
Customer service was the worst I have ever experienced. I was on hold for 15, 20, nand 30 minutes or more, then hung up on numerous times. They are outsourced to India so it is hard to understand what they are saying, but most likely it was unplug your phone adapter and plug it back in, as they read from a book. After 27 days I called to cancel and they said (after 3 trys and 45 minutes later to get thru to a CSR) they told me that it was past 30 days and the so called free stuff to get me started with them was non refundable and that I needed to pay them $150.00 to cancel with them. I tried and tried to explain to them that it was not past 30 days and they said that they were counting from the day I called to inquire about changing phone companys and not the day that the equpiment actually arrived. So they pulled a quick one on me and I fell like it is extortion, I have to pay to get them to quit charging my debit account. I will never ever go back and I feel sorry for those that try them like I did and then get trapped. Francisca Tucson, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Holmdel, New Jersey
Mar 29 2006
Vonage ripoff Royse City, Texas Internet
Vonage. I had hardly say that name. My office telephones have supposedly been with Vonage since I first called them, 2/2/06. I was billed for the first month & equipment that same day. According to Vonage, my telephone #s weren't released by my previous provider until 3/21/06, yet they continued to bill my credit card (the ONLY way they will give you service is to bill your credit card). I haven't had phone service since the previous provider cut me off, until yesterday when I called to cancel Vonage. When I called to cancel yesterday (on my cell phone), they put me through to a tech (the only good one they have...obviously reserved for cancellations only) who put me through a contortion of running back & forth from office to office, doing this, then that. After an hour & a half, I was ready to throw the phone against the wall, quit, cry or kill myself (maybe all 4). Just about the time, the phones actually got a dial tone, I lost him & couldn't get him back (I think it was his quitting time). After that, the office phones rang, but I couldn't answer them. The fax works, but I'm not sure if it's Vonage (972-635-3455) or AT&T (972-635-9679). Both lines go to 1108 voice mail after 2 rings (1109 is the main #). My own vm greeting is somewhere in cyberspace (or Vonage just doesn't like it), 'cause it's never been used. I can call out on 1108 but the connection is spotty. Sometimes I can hear, sometimes I can't (which was a problem talking with Vonage but to their advantage, since they couldn't understand everything I said). I came in 3 hours early today to cancel, whether they liked it or not. I was told I'd be charged a cancellation fee for not cancelling within 30 days (even though it took a month & a half for NII to release my #s). I told them to release my #s to AT&T. They said if I cancelled today, before AT&T requests the #s, I'd lose them, so I have to call them back when AT&T actually takes over. I demanded a refund of all charges since 2/2 (automatically charged to Mastercard) & to discontinue charging more. They again said I'd be charged $39.99 cancellation fee. I told them I'd report them to the BBB. (I was firm but kept my cool. It was hard to do since my connection with them kept cutting in & out). I called Mastercard dispute department & filed a dispute for March & future charges but couldn't file for February. I was told if Vonage charged my account, they couldn't stop them, I could only dispute the charges. The only way to stop them is to change my card to another #. Just another way of being bitten on the butt by Vonage. Since I have to use my cell phone bill in place of my office, that bill will be through the roof I just want a phone & fax that work & to never have to talk with Vonage again. Marty Royse City, TexasU.S.A.
Mar 27 2006
Vonage ripoff Internet
Vonage is awful. VERY bad static, dropped phone calls, cannot use wireless phones and have Dish TV, cannot accept collect calls, hard to reach a live person, and more. I just sent the following on 4 local news channels hoping they will investigate. I have never before contact any tv, radio, or other consumer watch group...but Vonage is ridiculous. It cost me a couple hundred dollars to try their FREE TRIAL! While trying to get refunds for an account that was supposed to be canceled 6 weeks ago, they now want to charge me a cancellation fee, and the CSR refused to escalate my call to a manager - we were mysteriously disconnected. It takes a minimum of 30 minutes to reach someone and then they refuse to help. Now I'm trying again...been listening to music for 10 minutes so far...so decided to contact you. Hope you can investigate them!!!! My first attempt tonight was 1 hour they he hung up on me. My second try (45 minutes) I spoke to 2 different people and still was told it's not company policy over, and over again!!! Good luck! Tracy Eagan, MinnesotaU.S.A.
Jan 29 2007
Vonage Awful customer Service!! National
UNSATISFIED VONAGE CUSTOMER I called Vonage more than 10 times in 2 days and still didn't get the basic static in my reception problem fixed. I am leaving vonage ASAP to go back to Comcast Digital Voice phone, because they are local and can come out to fix my phone when I need it fixed. I only left them because I am a cheapskate. The customer service reps at Vonage were nice, but could not understand my problem. Also, Vonage reps are based out of the Philippines and there is definitely a language barrier between them and the USA clients that they speak too. Number #1: Vonage Reps are so very poorly trained to deal with the basic issues of the clients. Hello static!!! Number #2: A good example is that Dell has customer support based out of the Philippines and India, but the reps will stay on the phone until the problem is fixed. The reps don't let the language or time barriers stop them from giving 100% to the customers problems. I would recommend Dell to anybody. I'd do a commercial free for them. The service is just that good!!! Number #3: Vonage reps give extremely simple solutions that DON'T WORK!!!. Then they get off the phone with you after just giving ONE!!! solution and tell you to call back if it does not work (even if you beg to stay on the phone with them). Very poor quality control. Number #4: I will be paying $60 to keep my number, paying an extra $8-10 dollars a month for my Comcast Digital Voice, waiting for 30 days to get my Comcast digital Voice phone BUT ITS WORTH GETTING A PHONE THAT I DON'T HAVE TO HEAR STATIC ON BECAUSE CUSTOMER SERVICE CANT TELL ME HOW TO FIX IT. Note: If I wanted to change my number, they would be out the next day. WOW!!! Number #5: I have been more than patient to even call more than 10 times in the span of 2 days (I really stopped counting after 10. The number is really much much higher.) Number #6: I only kept Vonage for a year because I never had any problems until recently. The static problem just started this month. I never wanted to call customer service. ( I just put up with the dropped calls, voice feedback and dropped faxes for the past year.) I dreaded calling customer service/ technical support and I was RIGHT!!! Number #7: WHAT WAS VONAGE TECHNICAL SUPPORT'S TOP 10 REASONS FOR WHY MY LINE HAD STATIC: 1) call Comcast Cable ( my internet provider) because your bandwidth needs to be changed ( I called comcast and they said that was ridiculous .) 2) Call comcast and have them raise or lower your high speed connection. ( I called comcast and they said that was not true) 3) Unplug the cord 4) Unplug the cord 5) Go to vonage.com and go to trouble shooting. ( Nothing on the website helped my static line. NOTHING!!!! helped.NOTHING !!!) 6) Two of your techs had me hook my home phone up to the vonage device and they could hear me more clear, but I COULD NOT HEAR THEM. The clicking remained and they said the problem was solved because they could hear me just fine. What !?!?!? 7) Go to vonage website and change the bandwidth 8) Make sure the phone cable is disconnected outside your house. Daa!! I did that when I got vonage. It said that for new installations when I purchased it. I went and checked again anyway. THAT. DID. NOT. WORK! 9) I don't know 10) Number ten of the TOP 10 was the best. I finally got a chance to speak to a supervisor in Advanced Technical Support. This is what the supervisor said after I demanded a new device after over 10 phone calls in 2 days. I'll send you a new vonage device, but I think we still need to do some problem solving. Please unplug your phone or get a new phone cord. I tried this as well and it did not work. I am infuriated. I was not mad at the long 20 minute wait times to speak with technical support, (who always transferred me to Advanced Technical Support for another 20 minute wait each phone attempt.) I was not angry at the disconnected lines on the 20 or so additional phone attempts that I am not counting. I am angry that no one was able to solve my static, clicking, and voice feedback line. And quite frankly, I plainly see that they just don't know how. And no, the new device does not make it any better and my internal home phone wiring is just fine. At this time, the person I call hears static and clicking and so do I. In conclusion, I think I'll just use my cell phone for the next month until I can get my new Comcast digital voice. A month after writing Vonage this complaint, I found out that they had charged me $75.00 for a device I did not recieve and refused to refund my money. I spoke to Kathlin # 22831. They also continued to charge me $30 for service after I had transferred my phone number to Comcast. They stated that I have to verbally close my account, even though they did not own the phone number anymore or have service with them. What a mess!!!! I explained the whole ordeal to Kathlin and another male rep and they both were ubconcerned or helpful in the matter. Augusta Ypsilanti, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: Unknown, Nationwide
Jan 13 2007
Vonage Extortion! Internet Other
Poor sound and no connections, after multiple attempts to ajust my computer I emailed the problems and got a prefomatted email, but NO solution so I emailed a cancelation, I got a preformed email, saying they would be in contact. Then I noticed It was still being deducted from my account, as I had set up an electronic funds withdrawl so they'd be paid promplty. I tried to cancel with my bank and I wrote the bank to stop the withdrawls. That still did not confirm my cancelation. my Then after I finally got someone at VONAGE that understood I was no longer going to pay for a service I was not getting,and never DID, they accepted my cancelation and then they FINALLY canceled my service, which was now convieniently past their trial date. They now want the cancelation fee. They have turned it over to a collection agency I have 780+ credit score and thus by EXTORTION I will have to pay, even though I have my cancelation emails! and the dated letter to the bank...clearly this is EXTORTION! I never had any decent sound and only could use the phone with echo and feed back for about 4 weeks. Denise Bothell, WashingtonU.S.A.
Entity: Internet, Other
Sep 26 2007
Vonage is a rippoff!! Apopka FLORIDA
I made the mistake of trying Vonage 30 day free trial on the assumption that my number could be ported over. Two months later of being enticed to allow Vonage to try and port my number the nightmare begins. Spending hours on the phone with their arrogant customer service, technicians and account management, I was told that my original number could not be ported over due to the lack of a global connect agreement. This took 2 months of frustration of failed number transfer attempts while I was still paying for my original service. Here is the kicker being that I ran over the 30 day trial due to there supposedly attempt to port my number instead of a $39 dollar disconnect fee I have a $95 disconnect fee! There solution was to stay on for a total of 6 months for free and then disconnect, can you believe this!! Just drag on the frustration further of a untrustworthy organization who flat out lied to me! The expectation is 100% misleading, the false attempt to drag the frustration over the 30 day period is a scam and the quality of service to NJ from FL is horrible. I was bounced around internally between 3rd party outsourcers like a small mom and pop company but mistakes happen. At the end of it all, I was never able to connect my service with Vonage fully. I will report to the FCC, the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General. What a horrible excuse for a company!!! Hope word gets out because businesses like this don't deserve to be in business. Javier Apopk, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Apopka, Florida
Sep 12 2007
Vonage Total Rip Off to Cancel! Nationwide
I signed up for Vonage in 2004. Up until a few months ago I loved it. When it dawned on me that I was wasting $35 a month for a phone I have only used 3 times in 2 years, I tried to cancel. This started 5 months ago. You call, you sit on hold for obscene amounts of time. I called this company 18 times, 80% of the calls I sat on hold for over 30 minutes (one call logged 43 minutes hold time before I had to finally hang up!). Because I could never get anyone on the phone, I sent an email to cancel, explaining that they were only open during my work hours (9am to 8pm EST) and I can not make calls from work (especially when you sit on hold that long). They emailed me back saying I had to call to cancel. I understand it is to protect my account, but when I call EIGHTEEN TIMES and can not get someone on the phone, my email request should have been honored! After the second email request to cancel and my explaining that no one was picking up the phone, they stopped even reading my emails and simply sent the same reply over and over. I finally was able to get on the phone while no one was around at my job and again sat on hold (for 27 minutes) before someone picked up. The rep barely spoke English and I couldn't understand him at all. I asked to cancel, explained that their customer service is absolutely horrible, he then had to go into making his 200 sales pitches for free months and discounted rates. Every time I said NO! Just CANCEL he offered me another pitch. I demanded my 5 months worth of charges that occured since the first day of trying to cancel. Of course I will never see that money again. I was ripped off for at least $150. Basically they won't let you cancel your service by making it absolutely impossible to do so. Martin west chester, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Jan 05 2008
Vonage Got My Money Back Nationwide
I had problems with Vonage a little over a year ago, and they never did get my phone to work right, and they could never give me a straight answer whenever I talked to them. I tried to cancel and they kept taking money out of my account. Luckily for me, I went to my financial institution, gave a written statement of what had happened and they got me my money back. Stephanie Putnam Station, New YorkU.S.A.
Jan 19 2008
Vonage Bogus charges on closing of account Internet
I opened a vonage account on Nov 26, 2006 from Circuit City and received a $200 gift card. I was relatively happy with the service, although the sound quality was not as good as a landline. Also, when my internet went out, you also lost your phone. After many problems with Charter, I finally canceled and got DSL and Dish. I had to move back to a landline. I called AT&T and had them port my number from vonage to AT&T. This was done on Nov 18, 2007. I did not call vonage to cancel my account. Their terms of service indicates I have to call, not another phone provider or else I would be liable for the ongoing charges. They canceled my account anyway. Apparently, there was a one year service agreement on the gift card. I was 8 days away from that one year date, and they charged me $200 for the gift card. The problem is, you pay a month in advance and I was paid up through my anniversary date. The customer service was horrible. I explained all this and pointed out their terms of service. In the end, the only thing he said was We can cancel your account at any time, and you are liable for charges. I told him I would contact my bank and they would reverse the charge and he told me Well if you need the money that badly, go right ahead. I hung up at that point and thought they were the ones who must need the money that badly. I presented the evidence to my bank, the customer service manager actually gave a chuckle when I presented everything (including their terms of service) and he said he'd take care of it. Two days later, I was reimbursed. They also had my debit card on file, and the manager issued me a new card so when they tried to re-run the charge, it would reject. I told vonage throughout the ordeal that I was relatively happy with their service and would likely move back if/when I return to cable internet. Over this $200, they have permanently lost a customer and I am telling as many people as I know about their shadiness. Corporation Birmingham, AlabamaU.S.A.
Jan 24 2008
Vonage rippoff Holmdel New Jersey
I went to Vonage to try to save money! We wanted to try vonage, I signed us up, under my husbands name without them havings to speak to him and payments came out of my account his name is not on. It was not compatible with my online service never used there device, I sent the device back in its original box return to sender. This was received in Breinigsville PA on Dec 24, 2007 at 12.10 pm. This is Jan 24 2008 they still have not acknowledged my return, I didn't realize till after I returned it that there was a SPECIAL return address. So why hasn't Vonage in Breinigsville forwarded it to NJ. I'm sure I am not the only person to have done this. So they have $49.99 - $32.22 - and a diconnect fee of $44.47 for a service was NEVER used. To date there has been no refunds to my checking account. Someone has to stop them from taking advantage of people that are only trying to save money in these hard times. Beagle Parish, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Holmdel, New Jersey
Apr 20 2004
Vonage ripoff Edison New Jersey
I have three lines with Vonage, two are perfect - the number transfer was terrific. The third has been in number transfer hell for three months. The ladies at the number transfer department have stopped taking my calls and emails. I want to use this service, but the customer service is horrible. Jamy Orlando, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Edison, New Jersey
96, Report #252005
Jun 03 2007
Vonage ripoff activation disconnect fees ripoff Internet
I have a small business with five telephone lines. I use two names for the business. One is for my wholesale customers and the other for my retail customers. This protects my wholesale accounts. As a result, I have two separate hunt groups where a person calling one number that is busy will automatically roll to another line. This has worked for years with QWest. I moved two of my lines (one of the two hunt groups) to Vonage in September of last year. I did not move all because I wanted to test their service. On Friday, May 19 I went onto their website to move the other two lines. Immediately after signing up and paying the $30 per line activation fee, I went to set up the second hunt group. I found I could not, so I called tech support. I was told that the only way to do this is to establish a second account and have the second hunt group on that new account, but that the customer service department would have to do this for me and they were closed for the weekend. I called customer service on Monday, May 22 and was put on hold for 45 minutes. I had to hang up as I had customers of my own to serve. I called again on Tuesday, May 23 and was told that the only way to establish a second hunt group was to pay a cancellation fee of $40 per line and then repay an activation fee of $30 per line again. I elected to cancel the lines without reestablishing a new account. I am reporting this company to the Washington State Attorney General and would invite any other Washington State residents who have had problems to do the same. Chris Bremerton, WashingtonU.S.A.
Jun 07 2008
VONAGE FRAUDE HOLMDELL New Jersey
I HAD A BUSINESS PHONE LINE AND A FAX LINE WITH AT&T, I SWITCHED THEM TO VONAGE TO SAVE SOME MONEY. A BUSINESS MANAGER WHO WORK FOR MY COMPANY MANAGED TO CHANGE THE COUNT FROM BUSINESS TO PERSONAL UNDER HIS NAME. ON JUNE 4,2008 MY PHONE AND FAX WERE OFF. I CALLED VONAGE TO KNOW WHY, THEY INFORMED ME THAT MANAGER CALLED THEM AND REPORTED THAT HIS (MY) VONAGE ADOPTER WAS LOST WHILE HE WAS MOVING, AND THEY ARE SENDING HIS A NEW ADOPTER TO HIS HOME ADDRESS. I INFORMED THEM THAT STORY IS TOTAL FRAUD AND I HAVE THE ADOPTER IN MY OFFICE AND I HAVE 100% PROVE THE NUMBERS ABOUT TO BE DIVERTED TO THE MANAGER HOUSE ARE BUSINESS NUMBERS AND THEY BELONGE TO ME. HIS INTENTION IS TO DIVERT THE BUSINESS CUSTOMERS TO HIS HOUSE. VONAGE REPLY TO ME THAT THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING FOR ME, WHICH MEANS THEY PART OF THE CRIME. THEY EVEN REFUSED TO INVESTIGATE THE CASE. I ASKED THEM TO SEND ME OR E-MAIL ME THERE RESPONSE IN WRITTING THEY SAID THEY CAN'T. THE POINT IS THEY ARE HUNGERY TO MAKE MONEY BY ANY MEAN AND YOUR INFORMATIONIS NOT SAFE WITH THEM. THEY DO'T KEEP RECORDS OF ANY THING. THE CUSTOMER CARE PEOPLE CAN'T DO ANYTHING FOR YOU UNLESS YOU WANT TO START ANEW ACOUNT WITH YOU. THE SUPERVISORS OR HIHGER MANAGERS REFUSED TO TALK TO ME, THEY ASKED ME TO LEAVE A MESSAGE AS IF THIS MATTER IS NOT IMPORTANT. BUT I AM TAKING VONAGE AND THE BUSINESS MANAGER TO COURT FOR THIS FRAUD Jamal BRIDGEVIEW, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: HOLMDEL, NEW JERSEY
Jun 18 2008
Vonage Unauthorized charge Holmdel New Jersey
We have used Vonage for several years with only a few minor problems. We recently decided to bundle our phone in with our cable and internet to save some money. After canceling, my husband found that they had charged our credit card. When I called to question them, I was told that there was nothing they could do! Unbelievable! I got absolutely nowhere with the kid on the phone and after he continued to ignore the fact that I was trying to talk and kept on talking himself, I just said, forget it, I'll contact the attorney general. He just kept right on talking so I hung up. I called Discover who did not even question me, gave me a credit and said that they will deal with Vonage. When my daughter dropped Vonage last year, she went on for months with them to try to get them to stop charging their account. I will never recommend them to anyone again! Michele Green Bay, WisconsinU.S.A.
Entity: New Jersey
Nov 05 2014
vonage lying, and deciving salesman Internet
a vonage salesman contacted me to offer the service, I was very specific on the international rates, and I asked repeatedly about the rate to leb. and he replied 11c a min. I was suspicious but I went ahead and signed up. one day after I activated the service I went online to check my account and found that they charged me 32c a min. I was on the phone with them for an hour but they didn't honor the rate they quoted me over the phone. the sales rep over the phone are liars only interesed to make a sale.
Mar 28 2013
Vonage Fee Scam Internet
I signed up for a $9.99 Vonage account in June of last year.  The first charge was $16.28, meaning they tack on $6.29 in taxes and fees which is a ridiculous amount on a $9.99 billing.  Anyway, shortly thereafter (2 months) they tacked on another $1.00 in fees.  Then this month they tacked on another $3.00 in fees.  Today my bill is $20.62.  They are now charging me more in taxes and fees than I am paying for the service!  When I signed up with them, no one told me that they could arbitrarily tack on fees whenever they wanted to. I called today (after taking over 5 minutes trying to find a phone number, it's buried very deep) and talked to a representative who was singularly unhelpful.  Then he transferred me to Account Services.  When the representative there figured out that I was angry, she hung up on me!  The first representative told me that I would be charged an early cancellation fee if I cancel my account now. Don't sign up for a Vonage account unless you are willing to allow them to tack on new fees whenever they want.   I will soon be putting up a website called vonagescam.com.  I think the world needs to know what scammers these people are.
Entity: Internet, Internet