WELLS FARGO BANK Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Wells Fargo Bank

There may be more reports for "Wells Fargo Bank"

For more results perform a general search for "Wells Fargo Bank"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Apr 16 2006
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff con-artists, manipulative system Chandler Arizona
Wells Fargo needs to be called out when it comes to their business practices. I had a negative balance, which is my fault. I spoke with a Wells Fargo banker who informed me as long as I get the negative balance brought to a positive balance before noon on the follow business day I would not be charged an overdraft fee. Well, I was short on cash & decided to use their direct deposit advance service as the fee for direct deposit advance is cheaper than an overdraft fee. So I did the direct deposit, checked my account again after the close of business that same day, everything looked good. Just to be sure, I checked my account balance the following day, everything still all good. So I figured I had taken care of the problem & didn't check out my account again until 3 days later & I had a little extra money in the account, so I made a few small purchases. When I checked my account 3 days later I had a negative balance of $260.00. $198.00 of that $260.00 was overdraft fees. They have the overdraft fees documented as being placed on my account on the very day I got the overdraft fee, & even before I ever got the direct deposit advance!! Was so bad about it is if that was the case, (that they had been placed on my account the day they claim they have), they continued to allow me to use my debit card for a remaining 3 business days while it was negative!! Had I known, I obviously wouldn't have spent the money or got a direct deposit advance and just paid the overdraft fees!!! My card to this day is still active!!! I checked my account after the direct deposit advance after the close of the business day & the account was fine. I checked my account the following day & it was fine, so how the hell can these people document my account that an overdraft fee was placed on my account on a day it wasn't? And they listed the transactions out of order!! This company is ludacris & I guarentee after this situation is straightened out I am closing my account with this crooked bank!! Anonymous Phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Chandler, Arizona
Nov 29 2005
WELLS FARGO BANK HOME EQUITY, MORTGAGE DEPARTMENT TOTALLY LIED RIPOFF MINNEAPOLIS DES MOINES Iowa
My husband and I wanted to obtain a home equity line of credit for home improvement. I dealt over the phone with a Kelly in the home equity department. Firstly, she was one of the rudest people I have encountered in a very long time. My questions were dismissed or totally ignored. I told her repeatedly that I did not want an interest only loan she became even more rude and told me I could go elsewhere if I didn't like it. I explained to her we had been customers for almost 30 years, since the days of norwest. She once again rudely told me to go elsewhere. I stated I wanted to know what else they had to offer, she said call someone in another department. The next day a Vicky I think was her name and went over my loan, I stated I did not want an interest only loan. Once again I was dismissed without an answer. The third time I received I spoke with a man Inglisis or something to that nature. He quote some figures and I once again stated I stated I did not want an interest only loan. He said ok. The day came for signing the papers, we get to the bank with a tracy (she actually was in disbelief, and very professional) (she is out of the Prescott Valley office), she was in disbelief over that there was no payment amount, no total amount nothing, she attempted to call the main people and they were as rude to her as to me. She strongly suggested we do not sign the papers. Which we already had decided not to do. She said she would look into it. We never heard back. I spoke with the office in Colorado, customer service, and there was no solution. So far we have not paid them anything and we are changing banks as of NOW!!! What an unprofessional, untruthful company. We want everone to know and steer clear of this horrid place. Tami CHINO VALLEY, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: DES MOINES, Iowa
Nov 28 2005
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff excessive overdraft fees and fraudulent taking Las Vegas Nevada
Recently I inadvertently overdrafted our account (my fault). Our account was overdrawn $157. Wells Fargo notified us, by mail, 5 days after the incident. By the time they notified us and proceeded to add on their fees, the bill came to $411. In addition to the $33. per check, Wells Fargo is also tacking on $5.00 per day until account is settled. After going to the bank the customer service rep. took off 3 of the $33.00 charges and we had to pay 312.00. Although this was my fault, my complaint is the excessive fees being charged against customers, not only for overdraft problems, but for every request of the bank you may have. I ran out of checks and went to Wells Fargo to get a couple of counter checks to tide me over. Wells Fargo charges $3.00 per counter check. They also charge $5.00 for money orders when right outside the door, in the supermarket, you can get them for 39 cents. If you use someone else's ATM machine, Wells Fargo will charge you and additional $2.50. When are people going to start saying NO MORE? What ever happened to the banking industry who would bend over backwards for their customers. Why has big business become so mean and money hungry? Another incidence with Wells Fargo was when a friend (who lived solely on Social Security) was informed that her account was $900. overdrawn. She went to the bank to straighten this out and found out her ATM number was being used for on-line gambling in a foreign country. In the meantime, Wells Fargo had confiscated her direct deposit Social Security check, leaving her no money at all. Wells Fargo told her they could legally do this whenever they wanted to. I went on-line and found a ruling by the 9th Circuit Court saying they could not legally attach her Social Security check. Once she showed them this ruling her money was immediately put back into her account. Fair warning to Wells Fargo customers, direct deposit with this Bank could be disasterous to you well-being. Big business in this country has become mean and money hungry and when excessive fees and penalties are placed upon our money, credit cards, etc., we seem to have no recourse. BUT THE FAT CATS JUST GET FATTER! Joanne las Vegas, NevadaU.S.A.
Entity: Las Vegas, Nevada
Mar 27 2006
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff overdraft abuse preying on low income Salt Lake Utah
I have read alot of complaints on this same matter and the re-buttles i have read are ridiculous. my experiance starts out with wells fargo mailing my checks to a wrong address..not once not twice but three times...totally theyre fault i called each time gave them the correct address even went into a local branch...but they CHARGED ME FOR EACH BOX OF CHECKS...i should have ran scared there.... and before you re-buttle this next one I HAVE ABSOLUTE PROOF...AND KNOW OF ATLEST 37 OTHERS IN MY AREA THAT YOU HAVE DONE THE SAME THING TO...i did not write any bad checks,...actually i am very good with my bank accounts and have NEVER had a bad one before. ok what wells fargo does is force you to be overdrafted then they charge you fees to make any pending transactions overdraft they wait until your account is close then charge you some misc. fee like 6.00 well that 6.00 then gets you a 33.00 fee then that 33.oo fee causes your next pending tranaction to overdraft....charging you another 33.00 they do this to all pending transactions and even reverse some that have been paid and charge you fees...that 6.00 added up to 448.79 !!!!!!!! I investigated them after this and have found many others they did the same thing to. And was even told by an ex- employee of wells fargo that they porpously do this to you if you do not keep a minimum balance of 1000 in your account at all times....then before you can even pay them they place you on check systems SO YOU ARE UNABLE TO OPEN A NEW ACCOUNT ANYWHERE ELES. then they continue to rip you off weekly. I took my ststements into a branch and was literally screamed at by theyre employees. they have the worst customer service ever they are nasty and mean when you call them to resolve any issues. I finally gave up arguing with them and went in to pay them what added up to over 900.00 just to be done with them once and for all and they refused to take a payment from me. they made me drive clear across town to another branch then tried to double the amount!!!!!!! They are horrible and i dont know how any honest person could possibly sleep at night working for them....they rip people off they know they do. i am trying to orginize a major lawsuit because theyre fees on fees on fees is against federal law. you can think iam one of those people who writes bad checks if you want but believe me iam not...i pay very close attention to my accounts i am just warning you they will do it to you too.. also it is pretty sad that OTHER BANKS WILL OPEN AN ACCOUNT FOR YOU IF YOU ARE ON CHEX SYSTEMS BECAUSE OF WELLS FARGO..,. THAT IS REALLY SAD THAT EVEN OTHER BANKS KNOW THEY ARE A RIP OFF..... PLEASE DONT TRUST THEM WITH ANY OF YOUR MONEY...THEY DID THIS TO ME A WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS THEY HAVE NO CONCIENCE. Kari midvale, UtahU.S.A.
Entity: Salt Lake, Utah
Jan 30 2007
Wells Fargo Bank Overdraft Charges Rip OFF!! Hercules California
Wells Fargo Sucks!!!Beware!!!They make their money poocharging hard working poor, middle class people by charging $34 for each overdraft occurence.I went into the branch in Hercules, CA to make a cash advance from the Cashcard Jackson Hewitt gave me after doing my taxes with them. (you get your refund loaded on the card and it works just like a debit/credit card) Anyhow the teller did the transaction but when getting the approval the manager said they couldn't do a cash advance and voided the transcation. She told me there was going to be no wait on the funds being returned to my cash card. I didn't see my money until a week and a half later all the while incurring these overdraft charges. I called the Customer Service Hotline and they basically told me they couldn't waive any of the charges. I'm closing my account tomorrow. To hell with those people. Laura El Sobrante, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Hercules, California
Mar 16 2007
Wells Fargo Bank MasterCard Master Card Debit Refused Eugene Oregon
Several years ago, my wallet, including MasterCard debit card issued by Wells Fargo bank was stolen. I immediately reported it, and the hassles began. Though the store that honored the card, Fred Myers, also of Eugene, for the amount of $300, without any ID or PIN number, this 'bank' refused to refund the amount, or even investigate it seriously. After some coersion, they informed me I would have to fill out a form to get said refund, which I did. Time passed, and I do mean a LONG time, FINALLY I got a notice from this 'bank' (reason for the quotes is I don't feel they are a REAL bank, a REAL bank would NOT treat a valued customer in such a manner, and they informed me it was the WORNG FORM. Nice. Since they gave me the form. Further, I was informed it was now to late to send the PROPER form. I was incensed, because at the time, that $300 was a hge sum to me, as I hadn't been in the area long and was re-establishing myself financially. Thank you WFB, nor NOTHING, except a RIPOFF. I took what little I had remaining in the account, and opened a new one with US Bank, who has served my account well, even though I lost my debit card in Vegas on vacation, they came through in a crisis situation, after wallet and ID materials dissappeared there. Good luck if you bank with WFB. I am very curious how WFB could condone or even rebut this kind of behaviour, but I await same with amused nonchalance. Jay NOYB, OregonU.S.A.
Entity: Eugene, Oregon
Mar 05 2007
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff escrow to forclose your home Newark New Jersey
im writing as i also see many others like me who have dealt with wells fargo bank/ home mortgage. i work for a mobile home company in northern ny and have been there for many years now. i purchased my first home through them and got my financing through wells fargo home mortgage. everything was good for the first 3 years and now all of a sudden i get hit with and put into an escrow account in which i had signed off from when i did my closing and did not want to be in the first place . my payments were very affordable and then doubled once in the escrow. six monthes after the escrow was set up without being contacted i found myself in forclosure because i could not make the doubled payment. i tried working with wells fargo but everytime i called them i would get a diffrent person and would tell me the exact opposite that the very person before him would tell me. i did everything i was told to do but still found myself in forclosure and ended up borrowing a lot of money from 401, and also my parents in order to keep my home. i am very disgusted with this bank and am now in the process of trying to refinance but am finding that i cant since wells fargo has ruined my credit rating from the forclosure proceddings. is anybody out there with me in this situation? i think wells fargo should be a responcible company and lookinto helping the ones they have hurt and come forward and admit what they have been doing to not only me but as i have read alot of others also!!! Matt canton, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Newark, New Jersey
Aug 29 2007
WELLS FARGO BANK OUTRAGEOUS OVERDRAFT CHARGES RIPOFF UNION CITY California
I HAVE BEEN WITH WELLS FARGO FOR ALMOST A YEAR NOW, AND I AM FED UP WITH THEM. AT FIRST I FIGURED IT WAS MY FAULT THEN I STARTED READING POST ON THE WEB AND REALIZED I AM FAR FROM THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS ISSUE. THEY CHARGE PEOPLE FEES THAT ARE REDICULOUS. I MEAN THEY HAVE CHARGED ME A 34 DOLLAR OVER DRAFT FEE 5 TIMES ON TEH SAME DAY. I NEVER TRIED USING MY CARD OR TAKING MONEY OUT THAT DAY. I AM NOW OVER DRAWN 547 DOLLARS AND HAVE NO IDEA HOW, I HAVE TRIED TALKING TO THEM AND EVERYONE THAT WORKS THERE SEEMS LIKE A MORON. I MEAN IT'S ALL TEH SAME BS WITH THEM. I AM DONE BACKING WITH THEM I AM GOING TO GET ALL BACK BANK INFORMATION CHANGED OVER TO SOMEONE ELSE. I HAVE PAID AT LEAST 2,000 IN OVERDRAFT CHARGES SINCE I OPENED THE ACCOUNT AND SHOULD OF LEFT A LONG TIME AGO. I URGE EVERYONE ELSE TO LEAVE THIS BACK AND RUN THEM OUT OF BUSINESS ANYONE THINKING ABOUT JOINING THEM BE VERY CAREFUL, YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF!!!!!!!! Spyder union city, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: UNION CITY, California
Oct 31 2002
Wells Fargo Bank stole money from me Boise & Meridian Idaho
For many years my husband and I were very pleased with the 110% service given by First Security Bank. When they merged with Wells Fargo Bank, our nightmares began and, now, nearly 4 years later, they get even worse! They continually tack on late fees to every single payment due for the line of credit associated with my checking account. When the late payment fees first appeared, I called and asked them how that could be when every payment had been made on time for many months. I was never given an answer, just snotty, rude comments with instructions to either return to a branch and ask them or call another number. I finally got someone at their institution to look up why I was getting late payments. In July of 2001, they told me that I had missed a payment the previous January, making each payment thereafter late. I asked why I wasn't informed that my account was in arrears. The rude lady had no answer for me but only told me, That's just the way it is. No statement ever mentioned anything about a late payment or additional money due! I was appalled that they could do this illegal practice of charging me $15. per month without ever letting me know it was past due. I then decided to have money transferred automatically online from my checking account to my line of credit. I made a payment of $100 ($25. was due each month) and set up the transfer to be done on the 4th of each month. I was relieved to know that there would be no more late fees. Two months ago, I was charged another late fee!!! I talked to a collection lady who called saying my payment was late and she told me that the transfer date was in the next billing cycle and, therefore, no payment had been made for that cycle! THEY suggested the transfer date, it worked fine for 6 months, and now I'm getting $15 late fee charges again EVERY month! They've apparently changed their billing date! I can't stand the harassment and will pay off the line of credit and close my accounts at Wells Fargo Bank tomorrow! What an unfair company to rip consumers off like this and we have NO means to fight them for what is right unless we all band together and STOP them! Rita Redmond, Oregon
Entity: Boise & Meridian, Idaho
Aug 12 2005
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff, Illegal banking practice San Francisco California
I deposited a personal check of $400 at an ATM machine in Hayward, Ca. Three days later I noticed the check has had been reversed. I called Wells Fargo and was told to call back the next day when the ATM processing center was open. After calling back I was told the check was not processed by WF because it was missing the date. I checked the Electronic Funds Transfer Act, Check 21 Act other regulations and found nothing to support their view. I was read over the phone the WF blanket warranty and told that they can reject any check they want for any reason. I told them they can't refuse a check because they don't like the cut of its jib. Well Fargo proceeded to charge me 4 overdraft fees at $33 each. The biggest problem is my family and I recently moved to Austin and used all of our money for the down payment on our second house. We have been living off our CC until our old house closes in 2 weeks and I receive some business payments next week. Therefore WF took my last $400, plus $250 I used to cover some payments. Now I am completely broke. This is put so much stress on I thought I was going to have a Heart Attack (I'm still having checks pains over this). I contacted the California Banking Association and they are now looking into this. If I found out they truly have broken the law, I plan on suing them. Frank San Leandro, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: San Francisco, California
86, Report #120574
Nov 30 2004
Wells Fargo Bank Excessive OD charges, Shady means of processing RIPOFF Mount Vernon Washington
Over a year ago our small town Pacific Northwest Bank (poof!) turned into Wells Fargo Bank. Hmmm. Nobody asked me if I wanted to make that change? Do they count on the fact most people who work at least 40 hours a week will not take the time required to do the necessary research to make an informed switch..? At least not until the OD charges come rolling in like lava. So, $1000.00 dollars later I will make the change and spend my valuable time looking for another 'institution'. It seems to me that if we are letting them use our money ( and USE it they do!) they should not be so greedy, rude and insolent. Banks and gas stations, no service any more, they just want more and more of your money. In my first OD experience, they took $700. The OD fees just kept trickling in, even when I had heaved a sigh of relief (after the first $300) thinking I had become flush. HA!! Somehow they fenagled another $400 in OD fees. The 'kind and just' bank manager reversed three in the end. Please keep in mind I am not an accountant nor am I a banker but I can add and subtract and I do keep a close accounting of transactions because I am one of those lowly pay check to pay check people who HAS to keep very close track. (Thank GWB for some of that)These people work fast and have the upper hand because they have the funds that once were yours and now suddenly becomes theirs. I allowed my account to dwindle down, which didn't take long considering WFBs 'help-themselves'OD'd overdraft attitude toward my hard-earned money. I stopped automatic deposits and only deposited (personally) what was required to pay monthly bills and operated on a cash-only basis. I stopped my debit card. I paid very close attention to my account and WFBs barely legal and underhanded way of processing fees. During this clean-up process I deposited a paycheck in the WF branch in Sedro Woolley, WA about a month ago. The woman behind the counter was not the usual nice young people I had dealt with in this particular branch. She (was OLDER) made rude comments about knowing the company I was employed with made automatic deposits and how come I wasn't and spoke down to me in the attitude I have seen some tellers use. You know how it is: I the ignorant and lowly customer who knows nothing and she the bright and shining teller is going to set me the ignorant part of the human masses straight...ha. Well, within three days of this deposit at the WF Sedro Woolley Bank I received an email at work from WFB telling me all about automatic deposits. HOW did they get my work email?? I had never given them my work email address nor have I ever given them permission to use it. My employer does not condone unsolicited emails and I call this SPAM from an ignorant self-important bank teller who in REAL life probably couldn't grab her proverbial hiney with both hands.. And I am still wondering HOW she got my work email address. This is one I will add to the complaint I am in the process of filing with the FRS. I was beginning to think (in spite of the ignorant and rude relapse described in the above paragraph)I had things under control and we could all get on with our lives. So, I reactivated my DEBIT card but still deposited my pay check personally. I kept very close track. But NO, it's all happening again. The total this time (so far)is $330. I am willing to pay $197 of this because I feel I owe it to them, but the $132 they have creatively stolen from me is the last straw. It seems, once they have their claws in a person they have a hey-day and overstep moral and leagal lines. And never mind the moral part, no one expects a corporation to be moral and it has been proven many times over in this century no corporation IS moral. But they all leave a trail, and this is one instituion that will (I sincerely hope) do themselves in just as Enron did. Legally? I will find out with time if I can recoop some of the funds they have taken away from me. I am just adding to this thread because it is a good place to vent. I don't know if any good will come for the WF customers who have been stolen from. I DO know I will file my personal complaint with the Federal Reserve System. I also realize some overdraft fees are warranted, but I believe WF (and probably other banking institutions) has overstepped fairness and replaced it with their own kind of 'barely legal' matrix of rip-offs. If everyone takes the time to file their negative banking experiences with the Federal Reserve System and if enough of us do this, maybe we will see some legally required policy changes in the way banks do business. Joyce Burlington, WashingtonU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Wells Fargo Bank
Entity: Mount Vernon, Washington
Sep 24 2013
Wells Fargo Bank Held my money after closing down my account California
I've had several business accounts with wells fargo. I sold one of my business and received a check for 29,000. I went into my branch and deposited it the following day. The next day they informed me that they were going to close all my accounts due to some unknown facts that they wouldn't tell me or explain to me. Ok. I've called loss prevention several times and can't an answer as to why they've closed my accounts. I've asked them several times when are they going to release my funds of 29,000 and got an answer we are working on it. They told me that my money is in suspense. I asked them why and they said that they couldn't tell me why. So now it's been weeks. I walked into my branch in westminster and spoke with Carlos Pena the branch manager. He called up to loss prevention and he told me that my money is still in suspense and that they couldn't release any further information. What kind of business are they running here. This has caused alot of inconveniece to me. If they can do this to me who know who else they've done this too. Basically they can do this to anyone. Just imagine if you had 500,000 and one day they send you a letter and telling you that they are closing down your account and hold your 500,000 in suspense and can't give you a reason or when they are going to give you your money back. It doen't make sense. I need help. I need an attorney or somebody to help me deal with this.
Entity: westminster, California
Jul 11 2013
Wells Fargo Bank Taking money from account after not filing correct paperwork Nationwide
This spring I went into my local branch because of an issue I found on my statement. BestBuy had charged me for $224 when I never authorized it. My banker called right away and let the claims department know. Told me to wait 24 hours I should get a phone call. I did get that phone call, I told the lady the story that if it was for phone insurance it had been canceled a long time ago. She then said they would re-apply the funds to my account and handle it for me, which I thought was done. Today I looked at my account and had a funds debit of $224 and called in to ask why. They stated that VISA told them they lost and I was to be charged. When I asked why they are taking money from my account when it was supposed to be handled more than 60 days ago the only response from Warren in claims told me that if I want my money back I need to go to court for it and he will not do anything from here. I am filing not only online with social media, my friends and also my local television station on this fraud that Wells Fargo/BestBuy/Visa are working on but also am filing with the Better Business Bureau. I will go into Wells Fargo tomorrow, close my accounts and transfer my mortgage to another bank.
Entity: San Francisco, California
Jul 01 2013
Wells Fargo bank not good costumer service , liers greenville South Carolina
MY NAME SERGIY SUSIDENKO , I HAVE BUSINESS , AND OPEN CHEKING ACCOUNT WITH WELLS FARGO BANK , MY COSTOMER PAY FOR TIRES I COME TO PICK UP TIRES AND PAY , BUT CARD WAS DICLINED , I CALL TO NUMBER BACK ON CARD THEY TOLD ME TO COME TO LOCOL BRANTCH , I WAS COME AND SPEEK WITH THE BANKER AND THEY TELL ME TOMORROW WILL EWERITHING WORK , NEXT DAY I COME TO PAY FOR TIRES BUT CARD WOS DICLINED AGAIN I CALL AGAIN TO CARD ON BACK AND THEY TALD ME AGAIN COME TO LOCAL BRANTCH , SO COME AGAIN AND BANKER ASK MY DRIVER LICENCE AT THAT MOMENT I DIDNT HAD MY DRIVER LICENCE I GIVE TO HIM MY PASSPORT BUT THEY TALD ME PASSPORT IS NOT GOOD ID AND HE CANT HALPME AND DOT GIVE MY MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT , BECOSE THE DID BLOCK MY ACCOUNT  AND TALD ME I DID ASK TO BLOCK . NEWER RECOMED HAVE ANY BUSSNES WITH WELLS BARGO BANK !!! I DID LOST REGULAR COSTUMER BECOUSE WELLS FARGO BANK SERVICE ARE VERY BAD!!!!!!!!
Entity: greenville, South Carolina
Jun 25 2013
wells fargo bank pmi insurance fraud  Internet
Most of us have heard that banksters are being arrested in other contries & the goverments have been bailing out the people rather than these criminal banks. I purchased a house in Clinton Twp, mi over 12 years ago. I lived in the house while paying my mortgage payments ontime via EFT for over 10 years. The purchase price of my house was $135000.00. Over the 10 years or so, I paid about $130000.00 to wellsfargo. My foreclosure was recorded around november of 2011. Prior to the foreclosure (or maybe just after, I don't recall); there was a sherrif's sale in which my house was sold for $24000.00 to an investor. My PMI (private mortgae insurance) Paid to wells fargo $100000.00. Its my feeling that EITHER my hose was only ever worth $24000.00 OR it was worth $135000.00 right up until the sherrif's sale. To me this is blatant insurance fraud by all of these banks. Either they ripped off home owners by artificially inflating home prices for many years or they stoled equity on the day the bubble burst. Given that these criminals received $850 billion, AND given that wellsfargo got $110000.00 more than the house was worth from my pocket; the fact they ALSO THEN received $100000.00 from my pmi, which i paid for not them, is fraud or outright theft. All home owners who are underwater, or have been foreclosed on are victems of the largest insurance fraud ever. They may be to big to fail; but they're just the right size for people to sue them out of existance, tear them apart for violating our rights. The declaration of independance clearly states that we have the right to persue happiness. What could make one happier than owning a home worth at least what one ows on it? There is no garentee that one will catch happiness when trying to buy a home, but I could afford the payments on my happiness. I would venture to guess that most people who paid ontime for years could also.
Entity: Internet
Nov 10 2012
Wells Fargo Bank Bill Pay fraudulent charges, Internet
My WELLS FAEGO BillPay posted a payment to JC Penny for 180.43 . I do not own any money to Penny neither I posted any payment, but a payment was posted on my Bill pay account and I was told it can not be retrieved. I confirmed with Penny that I do not owed any money. WellsFargo offer to additional protection at a cost for my accounts on line. What a ripoff. This happens once more in the pass for a $200.00 charge place on an account I do not have and it was a problem to get the mony back. I would like to know where I should go to report this type of business from Wells fargo.
Entity: , Internet
Nov 02 2012
Wells Fargo Bank Closed account and takes kids money!!! Highlands Ranch, Colorado
My son and I had a joint account at Wells Fargo Bank. I depositted a cashiers check that I received and it turned out to be fraudulent. Never took any money from the cashiers check as I was waiting till the funds were available. My son went into the bank to cash his check that is drawn on a Wells Fargo account and told him that I intentionally depositted a bad check and that I was going to be arrested for it. My son freaked out and started calling me frantically. I called Wells Fargo and explained that I had no idea that the check was bad and I apologized. I told them this was not intentionally and thank goodness that I had not used any of the money. The person on the other line laughed and said yeah you didn't know. I told her that I had no idea as I worked for an online company and this was the first time that I had worked for this client. SHe made me feel like I did something wrong. I told her it isn't like I made this check and that I would give them all the information regarding the company that I was working for. She siad it didn't matter. They closed our account, and we didn't do anything. Wells Fargo charges customers anywhere from $7.00 to $8.00 to cash a check that is drawn on their bank if you do not have an account with them. My son who only works about 25 hours per week and needs every cent he gets was charged $8.00 from the same bank and when he asked if he could open another account they told him he couldn't because of what your mother did. Again, like I had any idea that a cashiers check could be made fraudulent. No only do they steel your money they insult you to boot. It is banks that continue to take homes, insult people and steel money from you...at what point does the government get involved to stop this. They get involved in giving the big banks money but can't seem to correct the true problem...them steel money from you and penalize you for not banking with them. This is a bank that I wish would have gone away or at least fired the management team incharge of this horrible bank. WELLS FARGO YOU SUCK!!
Entity: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Nov 08 2016
Wells Fargo Bank items stolen from saftey deposit boxes Fort Myers Florida
I found all three safety deposit boxes completely empty at this Wells Fargo Bank in Fort Myers Florida. I Had witnesses and then had the Sheriff  make a report. Suddenly the Wells Fargo Bank people came in  with a four page pre-printed  Report to complete with Wells Fargo Bank's name, called Items missing from safety deposit box..  What an interesting situation. Wells Fargo Bank must have had a number of safety deposit boxes in their keep which had items missing from them in order to have a standard pre-printed form  form for those unfortunate folks with missing items to complete. I would love to hear from other people who have had a similar event occur to them
Entity: Fort Myers, Florida
May 18 2016
Wells Fargo National Bank - Marquis Credit Card No Warning!
After Paying off our Wells Fargo Marquis Credit Card, we unexpectedly get a charge off on our credit almost a year later.  There were no emails, phone calls or regular mail correspondence stating we owed $110.00.  It's a shame how a credit card company can make a mistake and its ok for them, but in the meantime it messes up your credit.  This needs to stop.  Look at the statements and do not mess with people's credit.  We will continue to dispute the credit bereaus.Never using Wells Fargo again!
Entity: nationwide
Dec 15 2015
wells fargo bank allowed relative to have my safe deposit box drilled open carmichael California
i've had accounts and a safe depost box at wells fargo for many years.  i went in several months ago to get some items from my safe deposit box, only to be told that i no longer had a safe deposit box there.  they had no record of my ever having a box there. the bank representative assured me they would investigate and find out what had happened.  the paperwork all had to be sent to california from the east coast, which took weeks.  it then had to be gone through piece by piece, but after 2 weeks they did find the information on my box. turns out that my nephew came in and claimed the box was his, that he'd lost the key and paperwork.  despite his name not being on the paperwork, or being listed on the authorized signatory page, the bank told him they would have the box drilled open.  the bank never contacted me, and had my nephew return in a few days to be present when the locksmith would be there. he was given access to the box, and stole eveerything out of it, over $15,000 in gold, jewelry, family jewelry, and so on.  the bank never could explain how that was allowed to happen,  i had to file a police report, file a notarized statement of loss, and i was told the legal department would handle it from that point. a month later they contacted me and finally agreed to pay 2/3 of the value of my loss.   i was told i should have had insurance on the box.  i was told i had to be able to prove the items were actually mine and in the box.  half the items were inherited, so how do you prove ownership??? the fact that they screwed up didn't play into this at all, and not a single apology from the legal department.  how are they not responsible for their error?  they allowed someone with no legal right to my box to have it drilled open and cleaned out.
Entity: carmichael, California
Aug 24 2017
Wells Fargo bank Filed forgery,fraud charges,and confiscated my automobile for storage charges Rushville Indiana
Entity: Rushville , Indiana
May 03 2011
Wells Fargo Wells Fargo , Las Vegas, NV. 89103 Big bank thieves, Wells Rip off enapt Fargo Las Vegas, Nevada
  Wells Fargo, a personal checking night mare. Why a bill collecting agency was getting more then they were supposed to is another nightmare but when I called Wells Fargo to report it, it turned into a hellish problem that ruined my credit. The first person I talked to was really wonderful but just as she was putting in the fraud report we got disconnected. Once you are disconnected you cannot get back to the person you were just speaking to so you have to go through it again and again and again. The second time I had someone who is completely inapt but finally, I thought, we had addressed everything and it would be taken care of but she still instructed me to still go to my branch ASP to speak with them and to be sure everything was taken care of. So the next day I'm at Wells Fargo and I, once again, have to tell them what happened, apparently they don't believe in forwarding useful information on, if that is if they actually do keep a record. I repeat my story, again, and again I think it has been taken care of. Oh no, of course not, the payments on bills start to come in on the now closed account but are they transferred to the new account? Of course not. Do they pay them with my new account or notify me? No, of course not, they happily bounced them all along with $35.00 fee charges. Now, I'm getting calls from everyone saying, I wrote bad checks being a conscientious person I was horrified. Now, I'm in over my head with fees, bounced everything and humiliated. I get right to the bank and they deny everything right down to ever receiving a fraud report but after a warm debate I still I have to leave the new one open until my Social security comes in. It came in today and where did it go? Not the new account but the closed one. I immediately tried to transfer it into the open account and was shocked when it transferred, I should not have been able to do that, I was leery about it but glad I had some time before I got out of that bank but not much. My snail mail arrives and guess what? They are now bouncing payments from my new account. I got in the truck and went to the bank as fast as I could, got my money out before I had nothing left. This is how Wells Fargo handle my fraud report, no, I'm sorry, they never did do an actual report, they did nothing and I mean nothing to help with what I was faced with but made matters for me just a nightmare, they ruined my credit and my reputation and they made a killing at my expense. The person I dealt with each time I had to go to back lied to me. Just because I am an elder doesn't mean I can't read or add. What did this young man say to me? If I say it's not there, it isn't, my reply, If I said it's there, then it is. Very disrespectful. You want to keep your money? Stay away from them. They have fees for the air you breath.
Entity: Las Vegas, Nevada
Jan 23 2011
Wells Fargo Bank Wells Fargo Bank Teller Error Trashed My Credit Internet
My transaction was for money to be transferred from my savings to my checking account to pay my bills until my monthly pay check became deposited. I made my transaction at the Wells Fargo Bank Branch at 401 S College Ave in Fort Collins where I was a customer. The teller was vigorouslychatting with co-workers about what they were going to do that Friday night. She ended up depositinga withdrawal from my checkinginto my savings account. All my checks bounced and my payments were late.This ruined my creditscore. I tried to appeal to Anita Nimitz, the branch manager at the 401 S College Avenue Wells Fargo branch. Shewas unsympathetic to my problem, when I started crying on the phone, she yelled that she couldn't understand me and that she wantedme to stop it and speak clearly. I began cryingharder and then she hung up on me. I no longer am aWells Fargo Bank customer. When I closed my 20 year old accounts, I was handed a check and told to have a nice day. No apology, no remorse.I'd like to sincerely warn others to avoid thishorrible,unfriendly, inhumane bank.
Entity: , Internet
Jul 02 2012
Wells Fargo Bank Wells Fargo is Bad Bank, Do not Bank there. They do not care about customers. West Covina, California
I would not recommend to open an account in the Wells Fargo. You will end up with tons of fees on your checking and saving accounts. They set you up with automatic transfer from checking to saving and tell you that it is free, but you will end up with fees in checking and saving accounts up to $20.00. And if you do not check your statements on time  they will not refund you your fees. I went to Branch on Barranca street, West Covina almost 5 times to correct the issues, but looks like their system set up to charge you anyway after 5-6 months of correcting everything. I am tired of going to the Branch where they change employees every 6 months and they do not know what they are doing. CHOOSE ANOTHER BANK FOR BANKING! WHAT A HEADACHE!
Entity: West Covina, California
100, Report #191166
May 12 2006
WELLS FARGO BANK NO BANK HATES AMERICA LIKE WELLS FARGO BANK TERRORISTS COMMUNISTS BANKSTERS HATE AMERICA ripoff Nationwide
WE PILLAGE AND PLUNDER AND EAT YOUR MOTHER! - The WELLS FARGO Creed of Faith WELLS FARGO BANK has been trying to destroy the U.S.A. since their ancestors were robbing stage-coaches and trafficking in slaves (white, black and Indian), selling drugs, counterfeiting U.S. currency, to this day- supporting OSAMA BIN LADEN and every communist nation on earth, ready to pounce on the UNITED STATES after the parasite, WELLS FARGO, devours AMERICA from within. WELLS FARGO, similar to the THIRD REICH'S BANK, shuffles paper and people behind the scenes while the jack-booted thugs do their dirty work to TAKE AWAY EVERYBODY'S FREEDOMS, FORCE MICRO-CHIP YOU WITH THE 666 BEAST WELLS-FARGO-STYLE NANOBOT MICROSCOPIC IMPLANT-> TOTAL HUMAN REMOTE CONTROL. PUTTING THE NATION IN SLAVERY AND FINANCIAL BONDAGE IS NOT ENOUGH FOR WELLS FARGO. THEY WANT COMPLETE CONTROL OF EVERY HUMAN ON EARTH. THE ULTIMATE PSYCHOPATHIC SCHIZ0-PSYCHOTIC CONTROL FREAKS AND THEIR B.E.A.S.T. SYSTEM OPERATING IN EUROPE, BRINGING FORTH THE ITALIAN X-EU PRESIDENT ANTICHRIST TO CRUSH THE UNITED STATES BY THE FIST OF HIS COMMUNIST WORLD DOMINATION SCHEME. THINK WELL'S FARGO IS AN ORDINARY BANK? THINK AGAIN. WELLS FARGO HATES SMALL BUSINESS, AND THEY DESPISE INDIVIDUALS WHO EVEN BY ONE SMALL FRACTION, STEP OUT OF LINE. WELLS FARGO DEMANDS COMPLIANCE TO THEIR RULES, WHICH THEY DIK-TATE AS THEY GO ALONG. WELLS FARGO, ON THE OTHER HAND, HAS NO RULES TO FOLLOW- THEY ARE EXEMPT. WELLS FARGO IS THE ULTIMATE DUNGEON MASTER, AND YOU, FELLOW AMERICAN CITIZENS AND THOSE WORLD CITIZENS FIGHTING COMMUNISM WHEREVER YOU MAY BE,YOU ARE THEIR SLAVES. THE CHAINS ARE MADE OF ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY DESIGNED TO ENSLAVE EVERY HUMAN ON EARTH, BY THE WELLS FARGO ALIEN OVERLORDS. MEET THE UNOFFICIAL LEADER OF THE WELLS FARGO ALIEN INVASION OF THE PLANET EARTH OTHER COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS EVIL REPREHENSIBLE COMPANY-> WELL'S FARGO BANK: Small Business Tech Notes Shame on Wells Fargo Bank By James Gaskin Networking for Small Business, 12/28/04 Shame on Wells Fargo MAY WELLS FARGO ROT IN HELL! PLEASE HATE WELL'S FARGO BANK- IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO! Manny orlando, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide