ADVANTAGE AMERICA Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: advantage america

There may be more reports for "advantage america"

For more results perform a general search for "advantage america"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
11-02-2005 For the past week or so I have been receiving phone calls from what I assumed was a telemarketer. Today I finally acknowledged that I was infact who they were asking to speek with. The woman spoke with a heavy accent and said her name was Urana Leo, and was calling from Advantage America. I wasn't really reluctant to listen, but did anyway. She proceeded to tell me of the company she represented and told me that I had been entitled to receive a government grant in the amount of $12,500. This caught my attention, especially since I have been applying for grants online for a few months now, as I have just completed medical school and have outstanding student loans. The woman asked me for my banking account information and I proceeded to tell her I didn't have one; which I do indeed have one, but I would not give my information so easily. The woman proceeded to tell me that if I had a family member who was willing to let me use their account to have this $12,500 deposited into, then that would work also. This sparked a red flag for me, I don't really know how government agencies work, but I do know that what she had just told me sounded desparate and fishy. I told her that I was going to talk to a family member and she asked what time she could contact me to confirm my information. We set up a time and hung up. I immediately got on the internet and found your web site, THANK YOU so much! I am very leery about giving my information anyway, but after reading what you have posted I am very grateful I wasn't so eager to jump on this offer. I also checked on the status of my applications that I put in for government grants and it was no surprise, I didn't apply through any company involved with Advantage America. Thank you again, DON'T BE FOOLED THIS IS A SCAM! Nina Denver, ColoradoU.S.A.
Advantage America RIPOFFS Winterpark Florida
11-02-2005 For the past week or so I have been receiving phone calls from what I assumed was a telemarketer. Today I finally acknowledged that I was infact who they were asking to speek with. The woman spoke with a heavy accent and said her name was Urana Leo, and was calling from Advantage America. I wasn't really reluctant to listen, but did anyway. She proceeded to tell me of the company she represented and told me that I had been entitled to receive a government grant in the amount of $12,500. This caught my attention, especially since I have been applying for grants online for a few months now, as I have just completed medical school and have outstanding student loans. The woman asked me for my banking account information and I proceeded to tell her I didn't have one; which I do indeed have one, but I would not give my information so easily. The woman proceeded to tell me that if I had a family member who was willing to let me use their account to have this $12,500 deposited into, then that would work also. This sparked a red flag for me, I don't really know how government agencies work, but I do know that what she had just told me sounded desparate and fishy. I told her that I was going to talk to a family member and she asked what time she could contact me to confirm my information. We set up a time and hung up. I immediately got on the internet and found your web site, THANK YOU so much! I am very leery about giving my information anyway, but after reading what you have posted I am very grateful I wasn't so eager to jump on this offer. I also checked on the status of my applications that I put in for government grants and it was no surprise, I didn't apply through any company involved with Advantage America. Thank you again, Nina Denver, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Winterpark, Florida
Nov 08 2005
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
I was contacted by Advantage America today and to my suprise i am getting a 12,500 dollar Goverment Grant thats great considering ive been trying to get one for years. (NOT!!!!) Thank you Rip Off Report you saved me lots of stress and financial strain. I was contacted and did fall for the scam or should i say scum but my wife always checking things out started digging and found you and Advantage America and saved us a world of hurt Im a small bussiness owner and im looking for a little help getting my business off the ground but the sad thing is I have a 8 month old daughter with a bad heart and scrape every dollar we can to pay our bills and pay are hospital bills she gets a shot once amonth that cost 1,600.00 this was the break we needed and i fell for it but because of you i called my bank and closed my account and on thursday when they try to take the money they will get nothing and im going to contact the local media and let the consumers in Denver Know befor they fall in to the trap Thank you so much Leon Thornton, ColoradoU.S.A.
Nov 10 2005
Advantage America ripoff, fraudulent billing Winter Park Florida
On 11/10/05 @ 1130am I received a call from a company called Advantage America stating I was eligible to receive grant money ( $12,500) after filling out paperwork etc. with the government which I would receive within the next 3 days. I received an ID # for the grant etc.etc, just like the stories from the persons in Maryland and Florida.However, I would have to pay $49.95 for processing and legal documentation, coming out of my bank acct. I incidentally also had to give them my bank routing# and bank account #, so the grant could be deposited there. I know, I know ! How naive and stupid could I have been in retrospect... Well, I did have a bad feeling and went online immediately and sure enough found the rip-off report about this company. I tried to contact the co. directly and cancel the whole transaction right then and there. I was told it would be too difficult to find the particular representative I spoke to (a Mr. Mike Travis)because there are over 2000 employees etc., besides I wasn't in their system yet and would have to call back in 24-48 hours. I'm sure by that time the money will have been deducted and I'll never see a dime of it again. I did contact my bank, but short of closing the account ( another beaurocratic nightmare)there's not much that can be done since it takes about 3 days to put a HOLD on a transaction. Marion Moorpark, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Nov 10 2005
Advantage America ripoff scams Winter Park Florida
OMG I can't believe how foolish I am. This lady called from a 001-819 number, no area code, and she was foreign and talked really fast. Said I was to get 12,500 bucks. Said that there was a processing fee of 49.95 dollars and that there was healthcare benefits I was qualified for, and long distance phone service. All which sounded good and that she wanted me to spend the money on buying a new car. Paying off loans and what not and not to spend it foolishly. This was like a godsend but stupid me I gave her my acct. info. I was kinda curious though cause I couldn't get thru on their phone number to talk to a rep. to ask more questions. Looked online to see if I could find a website and found this site with lists upon lists of people who fell victum to this scam. I called my bank and now I have to open a new bank account and close my other one. Big time pain and this is just a stepping stone. What a fool. So anyone that is out there, GL AND DON'T FALL VICTIM TO THIS SCAM THANKS BBB AND RIPOFF REPORT John Elyria, OhioU.S.A.
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
There are too many stories about this company ripping people off. I am ready to file a class action suit against them. Does any one have any suggestions on how to go about doing that? Sabrina Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Nov 01 2005
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
they called me to say id won $12000. I thought it was a scam so i told them to take me off thier call list which they did not do. They later called again and talked to my wife. they said they needed our account # to deposit the funds which she gave to them.today i had to go to the bank and clear up a $300 charge on my account that was not authorized Matt chillicothe, MissouriU.S.A.
58, Report #199286
Jul 03 2006
ADVANTAGE AMERICA ripoff WINTER PARK Florida
In November 2005, I received a call from a represetative for Advantage America who claimed he was calling from the U.S. Grants division and that I had won a grant for $10,000. When I asked how they got may name he stated that I was chosen from a lottery of people who filed the taxes on time. I know this sounds stupid and I was dumb for believing any of it. This guy was foriegn and it was hard to understand him. He went on to say that the money was absolutely free and that all he needed from me was my checking account number (nothing would be taken from my account). The trickery of the whole situation was when I had approve everything, I was told that I would be put on hold and then i would be asked questions from the automated system. The problem was the agent kept talking OVER the automated system and I couldn't understand what was being said. He told me to just say yes to get through the process faster. Of course a few weeks later, I learned that my account was debited $300 from Advantage America. After speaking with my bank, they played the phone conversation back and of course there was no voice talking over the automated system. All I could hear was me saying yes to several things that I never heard on the original call! After numerous attempts to talk with a Manager or supervisor, I still haven't heard from them and this is now JULY 2006! But I'm not through with Advantage America. I want to know why our government is still allowing these type of organizations to prosper? Javonna NASHVILLE, TennesseeU.S.A.
Entity: WINTER PARK, Florida
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
My mother is on a fixed income. She received a call from these people stating she was going to get a grant from the government. She gave them her bank information ie: routing number account number etc. They withdrew $49.95 one time and then $299.95 another time. When inquired at the bank to send duplicate checks I telephoned this company. What a nightmare. They put you on hold and are told to check in every minute or so and the supervisor is never given the call. One guy named Mike Tan actually sang a song as he was mocking me. Asked me if I heard of Tom Jones, Goldilocks and the three bears, Peter Pan, Incredible Hulk and on an on. This lasted for two hours. Then he finally hung up on me when we had words. Don't Give these people any personal information. They ned to be investigated, prosecuted and put in prison. There scam is that they promise you a grant and as a consolation give you grocery coupons that cost money and are actually worthless. They also promise you telephone long distance minutes. Beware this is a huge scam. They employ many young individuals who basically have no conscience of participating in this theft. Gene Bend, OregonU.S.A. Gene Bend, OregonU.S.A.
Advantage America Grants ripoff Nationwide
I am frequesntly getting calls from this organisation saying that I was eligible to receive the grants 12500. I need to provide them the bank details where money will be directly credited. When I ask more details about this to the person who called me he could not tell answer. I asked what is the time over there. He was saying 4-30PM ,then 1-30PM etc. He disconnected the phone by himself. Please don't belive anyone if they are asking ur personal details over phone. These Bast..s should be killed without mercy. Pav Iselin, New JerseyU.S.A.
Entity: Nevada
Advantage America ripoff Livonia Michigan
I received a phone call from a man with a heavy indian accent. He told me the reason for the grant money was because I had been paying my taxes on time for many years. He said that the grant funds of $5,000 would be deposited into my account and that there were several fees that would be charged to my account totalling the amount of $299.95. I asked him to give me their name, their address and phone number. Then he gave me his name which seemed odd -- Joseph Parker. I felt so bad after I hung up that I didn't sleep at all that night and immediately called the bank the next morning. No funds had been withdrawn. They offered me the option of closing that account and opening another account and to never give out that sort of information again. I have learned from this mistake and I just want anyone that is uneasy with giving their bank account information over the phone, your FIRST intuition is always the correct one -- DON'T DO IT. W. Livonia, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: Livonia, Michigan
Feb 04 2006
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
this company has stolen 299.95 from our bank account without my permission. and being that they had taken everthing we had for this week with no way to go buy grocery this week being a mother of four that hurts because i needed that money not for someone to steal it from me and my family. this company needs to be stop. if there is anybody that could help me out please do so. Laura baxley, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Jan 31 2006
Advantage America ripoff scam dishonest Winter Park Florida
I received a call from Lance B. Hanson, Gov ID 8R40072 from Advantage America. He explained a program to me regarding grants and that I was going to receive $12,500 minus the $49.95 process fee into my checking account. It would take 4-5 day to receive the money. In the mean time, in 15-30 days I would receive free coupons worth $500 to use at my free will. I had 10 days to use the free long distance or I would be charge $19.95 a month. The $49.95 was a lifetime fee and I would never be charge again for it. I decided I did not want this so called grant and on 1/31/06, I called the 866 number and spoke to a customer service representative named Jem. I told her I wanted to cancel my account. She told me no I didn't. I had to wait for my welcome letter, which I told her I already received. She told me that this was free money and after 6-8 weeks I would get a big package in the mail and then I would have to fill out paperwork to request grants up to $12,500. I still told her No and she would not cancel my account. After 25 minutes on the telephon telling, yelling and being just rude to her, she still did not cancel this account. She was so adament about explaining the program to me. She finally said thank you for calling have a nice day and hung up. Account not cancelled. I called back and spoke to Raymond Michael (Mike) and explained to him to cancel my account. He told me he would but I had to call back tomorrow to get the cancellation code. I asked to speak to a representative, but he said they were all taking calls. I left my name and telephone number, but to no avail. I asked for Crystal Brown who is the CEO, but she and her assistant Linda Davis is in Italy. Phillip Lake is the next in charge, but he did not return my telephone call. Still waiting. This company will not let you cancel your account with them. When you do get a change to cancel the account, you are past the 10 days of free trial period and they try to charge you. It is like the bank said, if the government is going to give you free money, they will without asking for your account number to your bank. Beware!! There is no grant money and if there is, you have to apply for it by their guidelines. L Northern Virginia, VirginiaU.S.A.
Feb 03 2006
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
I recieved call from Company (Sean Micheals) Advantage America With all the same details, I would recieve 12,500.00 with in 24 hrs For paying taxes on time and being a good citizon never being in trouble.. They said there would be a one time prossesing fee of 49.99 that could be withdrawn from my account after the grant money was avalible w in 24 hr.. Well no $$$$ But they got theres on Jan 5 2006.. I called the # several times They are allwaays very busy and there is never a manager os superviser avalible. The just keep saying a welcome letter will come and the the $$ would be avalible..ON jan 3106 They called agian (before I found out they were ripoffs) That there company had made a huge mistake and the did not want any unhappy cust. they verified my info And said this money would be in my account 2 to 3 days (STILL WAITING) This company has not got me for the $$ 299.95 thank god because I had to close my account etc etc etc This company Should be sued and should pay every one $12500.00 just because there a bad company and should do what they are offering to all people they affected.My bank is working on getting my charges back But How do I know that there not selling my info to other people.. I want them to be taught a lesson and pay us what they offered.. THEY LIE THEY LIE they need to be taught a lesson and we need to get what we deserve in return... Wendy fort bragg, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Feb 03 2006
Advantage America ripoff Miami Florida
this company is a FRAUD A SCAM if you get a call from them HANG UP!!!! My husband was out of work for two months and i have an 18 month old daughter and they illegally took ***** out of my account after persuading me to say yes to ther things on their automated questionaire and then doctored it to make it sound like i had okayed it. I have contacted an attorney and they say i definitly have a case they took ***** illeagaly frim my daughterand i wiil not rest until i get it back and these people are properly taken care of so they can never do this again to other hard working americans!!! Dana kansas city, MissouriU.S.A.
Entity: Miami, Florida
Feb 10 2006
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
I received a phone call about a month ago. Not sure of the name of the person i was talking to it was hard to understand. He told me he was working with bank of america and i was going to get a grant because i payed my taxes on time. All he needed was my bank information. He asked me a few questions that he said were recorded. He told me i needed to say no to all the questions. The fee of 49.95 was taken out and the grant wasn't put in. I got a welcome package talking about some type of benefits, that i remembered i said i didnt want. I needed to cancel within 7 days when i read that i called and cancelled. I had some problems with whoever i talked to, but he said he was gonna put in the computer that wanted to cancel. Its now 3 weeks later and 299.95 was taken out. I called Advantage America today and all that came out of it was that i cant cancel right now or i won't get money money back. I was getting no were. Iasked to speak to a supervisor but they happened to be busy. Erika bridgeville, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Dec 15 2005
Advantage America ripoff offering free money Winter Park Florida
I recently received a phone call from a man with an accent claiming that I had been one of 20,000 people in Pennsylvania selected to receive a $12,500 grant from the government. This person told me that since I paid my taxes and was over 18 years old I would be able to receive the grant. After explaining to me that out conversation was being recorded for governmental purposes he went on to ask me a few questions. He began by asking me if I had a middle name, so I told him my middle name. Then he asked what bank I went through and I learily told him the name of the bank, from which he was able to find my routing number for my checking account. He told me to write down all of his information so that I would have it just in case. I had a hard time understanding him but I wrote down the address as he spelled it to me. Then he said that he just needed my checking account number and I would be able to go to the three way teleconference to receive my identification number. At this point I was becoming a bit skeptical about the whole issue and I asked him if he would be able to mail me this information so that I would be able to read over it because I did not feel comfortable giving such a number over the phone. He told me that it was too much for the government to send out this information to all 20,000 people, but I did not believe him. He could tell that I was beginning to think the entire thing was a scam so he tried to convince me that no one could do anything with my routing number and checking account number. He used the sinerio that if I were to write a $500 check out to someone, they would not be able to get into my account and take out $1000, which sort of made sense. He kept trying to get the checking account number out of me and I got so frustrated that I just told him I would appreciate if he could e-mail me this information and I hung up. Less than 15 seconds later he called me back and asked me why I hung up. He tried to explain the entire thing to me again and how he was part of the government and in order to get this free money he would need my checking account number. He tried to make me feel bad by asking me why I would not want this refund for paying my taxes from the government. In an attempt to get rid of him I finally told him that I did not have my checking account number on me at the time and I had somewhere that I had to be shortly. He agreeded to call me back at around the same time the next day. That evening I search the internet for Advantage America and found a similar Rip-off report. I decided that it was definitely a scam and the next day I told him I was not interested and hung up the phone. Susan Lancaster, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Dec 15 2005
Advantage America ripoff, Federal Grant Ripoff, ID Theft Nationwide
Several times this week, I have been getting phone calls where someone with a mid-west American accent asks for my name, then the call is switched to an Indian-accented person (either a woman or a man) who tells me that they are offering Federal grants. Because I have dealt with them before under another alias (at least, I think so), I just go ahead and tell them that I am going to report them to the FBI. I tell them that not to alert them but to give me a chance to hang up on them. Since they just try to keep people on the phone and I was so pissed off at them. I needed a way to just break off their incessant patter. Cynthia Salinas, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Dec 14 2005
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
I received a call on 12/10/2005 from a man claiming he was from the Federal Goverment and that I have been approved for a Grant. The amount would be $600. He explained to me that that i would reieved the money on 12/12/05. Justin Cooper, he claimed to be on the phone. He told me that I would not be charged any fees because I had already been approved for the grant. On 12/12/05 I had not receive the money. I contacted the company and asked them why I not recieved it. They explained to me that I was just a good canidate and that I would have to apply for it still. I called my bank and told them what had happened. They tried to work with me by getting my money back. They ended up telling me that it was to late and the money had already gone through. I told my bank about this web site and they agreed to file an Aphidavid. I haven't recieved word yet but am looking forward to it. If there is anyone that can help me please contact me! Conrad Garden City, KansasU.S.A.
Feb 02 2006
Advantage America Benefits ripoff Florida
These people are getting your account number and telling you that you are going to get no risk money from the goverment and if not your fees will be refunded. They say that there are no refunds unless you complete the program and this takes six months. They sound to be of Asian decent or India, and they all have americann names and the don't give last names. They keep asking you about a welcom letter with coupons. This is a total ripoff and something needs to done about these people. Mario Winona, MississippiU.S.A.
Entity: Florida
Feb 07 2006
Advantage America ripoff Dont Know California
I whent to my account on line and notticed they had deducted that amount of $299.95 and $49.95. I then went straight to my banck and they told me that the check was cashed by Advance America wich me or neither my husband had made out to them. We called the number they gave us 866-503-7345 and was put on hold for 3 1/2 hours while a recorde said that all representitives where busy.Then I called my bank and noticed that they wouldent do anything after I file a Forgery claim, I then found out that they made an electronical check under my husbands name with out his concent and they told us their was a recording with my husbans voice stateing things that wherent even true and not even his voice. Then again my bank didint even re inburse us for our money after proving it was a fraud they said it was our fault for doing are payments online and that gives people easy access to uor information. Advantage America is a scam and aces to people information without even their concent. Alicia San diego, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: San Diego, California
Dec 07 2005
Advantage America Benefits ripoff Winterpark Florida
I was told they would take the 299.95 out after a year. when i got the welcome letter i saw the take it out after 7 days. so i called them and told them that i didn't have the money and i did not want them to take the 299.95 out. well they still took it and i called them got no where with any one. i ask for a supervisor and they were all planning the christmas party or in a meeting. I HAVE GOTTEN HELP IN GETTING MY MONEY BACK BY CONTACTING A DIFFERENT COMPANY Daniel NORFOLK, NebraskaU.S.A. sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company your comments on this policy are welcome! CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: Florida
Dec 01 2005
Advantage America Benefits ripoff Winterpark Florida
I received a call from a Michael Garcia badge #49410 who said he was with the Federal Government and my name had been chosen to receive a grant in the amount of $12,500.00 by the end of this year. I normally do not listen to these type of calls and hang up, but I belong to the Federal Grant web site and have for over a year so I listened. I asked him all kinds of questions to verify the validity of his call and even went on the web site while he was on the phone with me, but I wished that I had gone to google and typed in Advantage America Benefits because then I would have known that it was a scam. I was asked twice what time I would be home until the next day because DHL was to deliver my package, so I told him a time. When that time came and went and no delivery I emailed my bank the next day (it was a Sunday) and told them of the scam. My bank told me that I had to cancel that checking account since it had been compromised. I did not do it right away because it was difficult to get away from work, abd four days later the charge came through. I called the bank right away and will have to go through the hassel of cancelling the account, and notify all the automatic debits and credits to my account as well. I was angry so I called the 800# that Mr. Garcia gave me only to talk to another person who could not speak english very well. He told me that the money was non refundable, and I argued with him that I had not received anything and that they told me that I would not be charged until I got my packet. I was also told that the money ($12,500) would be deposited into my account but it would be before my account would be charged. Well, like an idiot (giving out my account # which I never do!) I received nothing! I asked this person who I called how he lives with himself scamming hard working Americans out of their money, and he tried to tell me that it was not a scam. Then he gives me another number to call (The Federal Grant support number 1-800-688-9889) and talk to them. Like I'm going to believe anything else these scam people tell me!!!! My bank gave me the number to the attourney general's office here in Kansas and I think thatn anyone from Kansas who gets scammed by these people should call. I hope that something can be done about this. I know that identity theft is a crime now, why can't this be? Colleen Olathe, KansasU.S.A.
Entity: Winterpark, Florida
Dec 29 2005
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
My kids father got the call and decided he would take the chance in thinking this would be a deal and legal. He was wrong. His account was withdrawn 49.95 about and never recieved the information or the grant money he was suppose to receive. Now they have taken 299.95 and he is trying to get the bank to stop payment. If any one gets a similar phone call about a grant and the people don't sound american don't believe them. Wwe have not seen anything from these people. If any one knows of a way to get repayment please post. Thank you Clara new bedford, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Dec 23 2005
Advantage America grant ripoff Winter Park Florida
Got a phone call saying I was approved for a $10,000 grant. They had all kinds of info. on me. Said I would have my money in my bank the next day at 12:47 p.m. They were going to take out 299.95 for fees & other accomendations they were giving me. They said they were with the U.S. goverment & Bank of America. But , I had to close my account. My wife received a uninspected child support today with direct deposit & it open the closed account up & they tried to take out the $299.95 but, there wasn't enough so, they took out $49.95 instead. Jerry Bremen, OhioU.S.A.

Showing 51-75 | Showing Page 3 of 1,449