BOOK MAGAZINE PUBLISHERS Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: book magazine publishers

There may be more reports for "book magazine publishers"

For more results perform a general search for "book magazine publishers"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jun 09 2017
Viking magazine
 Well they started off as a phone call telling me they had came across my name in a drawing to receive the $250 walmart gift card and asked if i was subscribe to any mags i said no the lady told me i would get some mags for free no upfront payment. Then patched me through to her so call boss who said the same and told me after the call to check my email for the $250 gift card codes which never came by the way. Then went on asking for my ssn i gave it because he said that would be one of the questions they asked at customer service. Luckily i cancel my card after 48hrs but they still have my ssn and im beyond pissed. Im pregnant and have 3 kids already thats why i thought it was a great deal i hope some catches these scammers asap..
Jan 07 2013
Magazine Publishers Service Wouldn't allow me to cancel subscribtion. Montreal, Quebec
received a phone call from this company giving me a very fast and confusing sales pitch for magazines. I don't even know why i fell for this hard sell tactic.  after receiving the first 4 magazines i realized that i really didn't want all these magazines and called them to cancel the subscriptions.  I also realized that I was paying an exorbitant price compared to the shelf prices you might pay at any store.  almost $60 a month for 12 months. i just paid the remainder of my account off via credit card just to stop them from calling me.  i couldn't afford this and now i feel sick that i let them talk me into such a rotten deal.
Entity: Montreal, Quebec
Aug 27 2004
Nme Magazine ripoff Clearwater Florida
OKAY Now IM on to ya. I might not be a lawyer, but i'm not stupid. You people are selling my boys name and pickin his pockets. You should be very ashamed all of you. We are poor people and i know what your company is up too. You are scaming kaniving pick pockets who are not only selling your magazines but your selling his personal account information to other companies and im gonna sue. You put my son in financial dept and on antidepressants. You are giving his account number to mwi connections and mwi homeworks. you are uncaring and strip people of their right, and action will be filed against you. I'm so mad I could spit. Do you people know how much mental anguish you put us through, let alone the financial debt we are going through. Let me tell you something, I'm onto you and you will pay. I will be in touch with lawyer. Rhonda Monroeton, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Clearwater, Florida
Mar 04 2002
NSS MAGAZINE SCAM, YES AGAIN!
I was charged $90 for a FREE 1 year subscription to 3 magazines I wanted to try. This charge MUST be removed. I find that there are many others that have been scammed the same way. I tried to call the phone number and got nowhere with the auto operator and was cut off while on hold for a real person. This was my reward for buying from Half.Com who i trusted would not be connected with a SCAM company. Edwin Kidron Ohio Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on NSS Magazines BUY.com
Entity: Connecticut
Feb 12 2002
NSS-Magazine - Legit Charges, Cancelled Easily
I also had a charge for NSS-Magazine, it was one of those trial offers I did over the internet but forgot about. I DID receive the magazines, but easily cancelled and was told that I would get a full refund in 1-2 billing cycles. I'll be sure to check for the refund, but this is just to say that in my case, the charges were legit (I did place the trial order). Don't jump to conclusions if you have this charge. Call the 800 number, but press 0 at the message until it gets you to a real person (only took about 30 seconds on hold) but had to do it twice. Person was very nice.
Oct 23 2002
NSS Magazine ripoff Stamford Connecticut
Like many others, I got offered the free magazines after filling out a survey. Now I have all sorts of charges appearing on my credit card statement. David Syracuse, New York
Entity: Stamford, Connecticut
7, Report #19962
May 01 2002
nss magazine buy.com ripoff new jersey
I have been trying to track donw this charge on my credit card for two years now, and finally found this website and I think I will be abel to make some trouble now. They have been charging my card for 39.95 every four months for two years. I'm no the best with checking my statement, but on a few months when I did not use the card I was still getting bills, that when I realized I had been ripped off. this whole thing started when they told me I won a free subscription to Sports ill. when I got to the website they asked a whole bunch of infomation ad when i got to the point after entering my credit card I cancelled out. The charges are still hittim g ym card every four months. I will min this battle and if I can sue the heck out of them. jim newbrunswick, New Jersey
Jan 17 2008
Ebony Magazine Magazine received not ordered Boulder Colorado
On 1/11/08 I received an Ebony Magazine without requesting it. I questioned my husband about it and since we are both white, we couldn't figure out why I received it. Then yesterday I got home from work and there was an invoice for $15.00 stating that I had requested the invoice. I was planning on returning the invoice with my comment, but then decided I shouldn't have to waste a stamp on something that I didn't request, so when I got to work today, I looked up the information online how to get ahold of someone. I did find one number and called 1-800-999-5954 and called. I spoke with a woman and she showed where I owed the $15.00. I asked her how she go my name and address, she said I probably took some survey online and checked that I wanted to receive a magazine subscription. I told her that I had not completed any survey. She said she would take my name off the list and let them know if I received any further magazines or invoices. I am still a little worried this will end up on my credit report if I don't pay this invoice. The webpage shows the Publishing Company to be Johnson Publishing, 820 S. Michigan Ave. Chicago IL 60605. Sam Greenbrier, ArkansasU.S.A.
Entity: Boulder, Colorado
Jun 09 2007
TWX Magazine magazine subscriptions Internet
I originally purchased four magazine subscriptions from TWX to help support my granddaughter's Girl Scout troop. As each subscription expired I was charged for renewals that I did not authorize. I called TWX at 800-773-3142 and after several attempts, got through to a customer service representative. These charges were made to my account four times during the period 5/21/07 to 6/09/07 so I had to call numerous times to address each charge. The customer service representative told me it would take up to 72 business hours for my account to be credited. In fact, the 5/21 charge was credited on 5/23 and I am still waiting for credits to be made for the 5/31 and 6/9 charges. Pending debits will be removed within 24 business hours. TWX business days are Monday-Saturday each consisting of 12 business hours. The customer service representative said to stop any future charges, he would enter a do not solicit in to my account. John Ponte Vedra Beach, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
10, Report #1190382
Nov 20 2014
national magazine service scam magazine subscription Nationwide
I received a call from this national magazine service company after doing some couponing and they sounded totally legit and the prices seemed like a bargain. While I was hesitant from the beginning after the supervisor took the price from $49.99 to $29.90 for me and promised me $500 worth of gift cards/online rebates, which I was to begin receiving in about a week and haven't seen anything and this was on the 31st of October. I was charged the $29.90 on the 4th of November and have not heard or seen anything else from them.
Feb 09 2005
Publishers Direct Services ripoff Miami Florida
I was contacte at my place of employment, and like another report I read, the magazines sounded like a great deal. I was not told that I would not be able to cancel my subscription at any time. After a couple of months, I decided to move and go to school. No longer being able to afford the subscription I asked to cancel. I was told that I would not be able to cancel the subscription, if I did, I would have to pay the remaining balance which at the time was over $1000.00. I was furious. Not having $1000.00 to pay I have kept paying the monthly fee. About 3 months after the initial phone call, I received another phone call offering an even better deal for only another $15 per month. I never actually agreed as I did not want the original subscription. So, not only am I paying the 24.90 a month I am paying another $15. As I was looking over the accout the payment is taken from, I noticed the the $15 was taken out 4 times. I tried to call the number but it was after hours, then I tried to get on their website, but it is constantly unavailable. I am furious about this company and would love for something to be done about the situation. Michelle lakewood, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Miami, Florida
Oct 29 2004
National Financial Publishers ripoff Riverside California
I placed an order with this company for some grant books using my credit card, but never received. Gary adelanto, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Riverside, California
Oct 18 2006
MAYRAND PUBLISHERS ripoff Champlain New York
One of our managers got a call from this company stating that they were calling about a renewal to the White Pages - so our manager gets a call from Quality Assurance) and confirmed the information that they had and you know they got her on tape confirming the address and information for them - THEN arriving in the mail is a CD that she never requested (but on their tape she is being told all about it) and an invoice for $409.90 TOTAL dated 9/25 but not arriving until the second week in OCTOBER - conveniently AFTER the 14 day period stated on the invoice that you have to cancel and ship back the stupid thing. She called them and got a MARK in Accounts Receivable - who was a condescending jerk to her- he said he would check into it and call her back and NEVER did - at this point she sends it to me in Accounts Payable to handle. I called them on 10/16 and left a message with our company name, my phone # and the invoice #. Two days later this MARK person calls me back and is totally condescending to me and acting like we don't have any other option but to pay for this RIP-OFF that they pulled on us. ANYWAY, I got them to play the recording of our manager to me and taped it myself so I could play it for the manager in question - she says YEP it was her on the tape (I already knew that) BUT that the other person on the line is not the same person she talked to. HMMMM - so makes me assume that they are not only ripping off unsuspecting businesses they are tampering with the recordings of the conversations to justify the invoice sent out. Another thing - I went to the website that MARK told me we were supposedly listed on as part of this rip-off (www.mayrandpublishers.com) and low and behold this is what I got at the top of the page NOTICE:This Domain Name EXPIRED on 10/08/06 and is pending renewal or deletion talk about adding insult to injury. Needless to say we are NOT paying this invoice DeeDee Lansing, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: Champlain, New York
14, Report #820173
Jan 09 2012
American Publishers Services Dishonest Morristown, Tennessee
I was contacted and told that I had won a $500 Wal-Mart gift card and a magazine subscription for five years.  I was told all I was going to have to do was pay the shipping for the magazines.  They then asked me if I was willing to pay the shipping which was going to be a one time fee of $49.90.  I said I agreed.They proceded to ask me for my credit card or debit card number for the $49.90 which I gave them.  I gave it to them thinking they were legit.  They took the $49.90 out, then told me it was going to be once a month.  I told them I could not afford that. They said I could not cancel because I had agreed to it earlier in the conversation.  I do feel they lyed to me about winning the gift card and the magazine subscription.  I have NEVER received anything in the mail from them. Not the gift card or a magazine.  Not even something to fill out about which magaines I wanted.  These people are a rip off.  DO NOT speak to them.  If they call you HANG UP!!!!!
Entity: Morristown, Tennessee
Oct 24 2007
SEF Publishers Major Ripoff Bradenton Florida
I have been doing bussness with this company for over a yaer now. To begin with the charged me double a couple of months. I called to find out what the problem was I was told it was a mistake but the subscription will just be paid off all the sooner. So I said fine but it cant happen again cause $58.27 twice a month is gonna hurt me my budget.He said it wont happen again he was taking care of it will I was on the phone with him. It continued to happen and I called often to have it taken care of. I said if you cant get it taken care of I need to cancel my account the told me I couldn't. Then after I should have already been paid off they charged $582.70 Which caused my account to over draft. I called and was very upset. They did refund that amount right away. And said my account is paid in full. I told them I believed I was being over charged for months. So I double checked my account and I had to print out my personal bank statements as far back as I could and faxed it to them on in the end of September. They did send me a check for $306.00 and said the account is closed. They were suposed to send me a leter stating that a month ago I still havent recieved it and have been charged over $400.00 since the account was supposidly closed. I call every time I get charged and all I have to do is say my first name and they transfer my to a superviser. I asked what in the heck is causeing the problem and she said it is a computer error. I also asked if this is happening or has ever happened to other customers and they said NO>>>> Well that was a lie..now im waiting tfor a letter and another refund of $285.35 This company is very shady dont ever do busness with them!!!!!!! Faith Brodhead, WisconsinU.S.A.
Entity: Bradenton, Florida
Feb 24 2003
National Publishers Exchange ripoff Clearwater Florida
this company started sending me different publications I never ordered, like Times, Fortune magazines among others. I would like to be taken off their list of clients, which I was never one to begin with. it is very difficult to cancel multiple subscriptions I never ordered, and it is impossible to contact this company so they can stop sending me these publications I do not want. Ruben Lawrenceville, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Clearwater, Florida
Mar 31 2014
Magazine Publishers Service www.canadamags.com False Advertising by Magazine Publishers Canada -- most listed titles not available!!!! Montreal Quebec
This company is a fierce fraudster! I only wish I had checked the complaints before I accepted their magazine subscription offer in August 2013. At that time the friendly telemarketer told me about the 5-year subscription package, and though unusual, I did understand paying for the 5 years in advance over the first twelve months. I accepted because I do like to read magazines and could see myself enjoying these for the coming 5 years. She signed me up for 3 titles initially which I had no interest in but she assured me that once processed I could easily arrange to swith any or all of the subscriptions to other titles -- we have sooooo many. So far, so good. I saw charges on my credit card start but no magazines. I contacted the company by email and had no answer. In November 2013 I contacted them through their website contact page to alert them that the PDF link to list of magazine titles was blank/broken. After no answer, I checked again on December 1st and found the list was there; at that point I emailed my request to change 2 titles, one to Flare and the other to Canadian Business, and I inquired about MacLean's which had a * next to it. I received a reply from Ashley Oneal aoneal@magazinesolutions.com on December 4th that both those titles were unavailable and MacLean's is a premium title but it was not available either. At that point I replied the same day, expressed my disappointment in the lack of titles as the telemarketer had said there were lots to choose from and asked for the CURRENT list of available titles... so I'm still dealing in good faith with them because I had received the personal email response. One month later, on January 4th 2014 I received Ms O'Neal's reply with only 8 print magazines (I did not own a tablet and had no interest in electronic versions). On January 5th I searched online and found complaints about the company for persistent billing and collections; one site recommended cancelling one's credit card to avoid further charges so I did that and then notified them in a reply email to Ms O'Neal that since I have no interest in the current list of titles and that the company was misleading in their telemarketing and website advertising (listing titles not available) that I was in my right to cancel the subscription agreement. I'm so glad that I cancelled my credit card straight away. I figured if they just accepted my cancellation they should be happy having got five months X 4 years' advance payments from me already! February 17th I re-sent my email cancellation message so that they could cease the deliveries. No reply emails to me this time, but the phone calls started and they called every day. In March the calls were coming twice a day, from two different phone numbers now, which I did my best to avoid answering. Mistakenly I answered on March 27th and I said I cancelled it -- I was told the period for cancellation had past but I corrected Gina and said that the advertising was misleading, there weren't any titles I wanted to switch my subscriptions to despite being assured there were lots to choose from and I hung up. Well, that stopped the calls for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but they were back calling me on Monday (today). I have now received a Statement notice in the mail and it says IT IS OUR INTENTION TO PROCEED WITH AN INVOLUNTARY PAY PROCEDURE. ONCE THIS ACTION HAS BEEN SCHEDULED WE WILL BE UNABLE TO STOP. Scary language, eh?! Searching online didn't give me much detail what an Involuntary Payment Procedure might be, especially applicable to this case, so I have come here to Ripoff Report to record my story. I expect they can try to take make a claim against me but I am prepared to dispute it in Court. I've learned my lesson, I will never agree to buy anything from a telemarketer again!!!!
Entity: Montreal, Quebec
Aug 17 2005
Magazine Wall ripoff Brooklyn New York
I was billed for two different subscriptions and never got the magazines. No phone number that worked. No email that worked. Filed a report with the BBB and they got no response therefore, no refund!! RIPOFF! Kathy Bedford, IndianaU.S.A.
Entity: New York
May 23 2004
NME Magazine ripoff Westville Oklahoma
I recieved a call, one to to renew a magazine order over the phone. I was to use my credit card and the payments would be set up in thirds throughout the year. They have been taking out every month since then and it should already be paid off. Stephanie westville, OklahomaU.S.A.
Entity: Westville, Oklahoma
Sep 28 2006
PC Magazine ripoff Stamford Connecticut Internet
Although I have cancelled my subscription for PC MAGAZINE some two years ago, I have discovered that this company has again renewed my subscription without my requesting them to do so. As a result, debit charges have been made on my Master card in the amount of U.S. 39.95. I wrote the company and I was referred to NSS CONT SERV who they claim is the agent responsible for the billing and distribution. Reference number to this transaction is : f193700ll000ixfrt dated Sept. 19th Transaction Number twxX89U99 PC MAGAZINE 800 205 9198 N.Y. I wish to categorically state atht i did not request this subscription and I have no desire to do so. It is rather strange how they got hold of my Credit Card number since I had my number changed after I stopped my subscription a few years ago. I thank you for your kind assistance. Rowell Miami, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Stamford, Connecticut,Internet
Jun 28 2008
Magazine Subscriptions - Deceptive Sales Tactics -Nationwide
Magazine subscriptions can save you lots of money off the cover price. What you have to be aware of is that many magazine companies, or companies representing the magazines, will continue to send great offers through out the year offering great renewal deals such as two years for the price of one (ect). This is to hopefully catch people who have no idea when their subscription expires to renew and get a great deal. Only problem. Before you know it, like I fell for with one magazine, you'll be a paid subscriber through 2012. I finally found out that the expiration date of your subscription is posted somewhere on the bill, but most people don't see that and think it's time to renew again, which is easy to overlook if you subscribe to several magazines, and every time you renew you're adding years to your already active subscription. Dave1978 Los Angeles, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Jan 03 2009
Magazine Services Tamarac Florida False reports Tamarac Florida
They had called me many times before and i had told them to take me off of their list but then one day i received a call, listened to them and the offer didnt sound horrible so i agreed to it. they had told me they would be sending all my confirmation information in the mail and that they would be making one charge to my account. i have already had two charges to my account in the last two-three weeks. The amount that we had discussed earlier was also not correct. If they would have told me that it cost around sixty dollars a time i would have hung up. Jakej39 aurora, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Tamarac, Florida
Mar 17 2010
Travelhost Magazine : The Biggest Mistake I've ever Made Dallas, Texas
Personally, I wished I had found this site before investing in Travelhost.  It was the worst mistake I have made financially in my life.  The reason for my failure might have been me, but before investing, PLEASE talk to some of the MANY associate publishers that are no longer in business.  The one thing Travelhost does an excellent job of is cleaning up the web of any negative comments, and most people won't make any statements about them.  I'm not after anything from them, just trying to alert potential investors to definitely do due diligence and take your time, and talk to a lot of people.  They will tell you lots of people are after the market you are interested in, and believe me, if someone else buys it, they have done you the GREATEST FAVOR of your LIFE.  After getting into the business, and finding out just how few people were making money and had their markets for sale, I asked why they didn't let unsuspecting potential investors like me know about it, by posting comments on the web......know what they said...Are you kidding me?  We'd never sell our markets if people knew how bad it really is!!   Just check out the failure rate of the franchises throughout the United States.....it is amazingly high.  Again, if this information had been provided to me, it might have made me ask more questions.  Just know that the failure rate is excessively high and when you fail, it will be totally your fault.  They will tell you that in Dallas - the reason for failure is totally the Associate Publishers fault.......so I failed - it was all my fault, and it was the most miserable job I have ever had.....I have nothing to gain from this, and want nothing.  It has been a few years for me now, and I just feel the responsibility to not see my mistake repeated by someone who really can't afford to do this.
Entity: Dallas, Texas
Jun 02 2010
Atrevete Magazine Ms. Contreras Incompetent Allentown, Pennsylvania
I had contacted Ms. Conteras of Atrevete Magazine witn a possible story. Ms. Conteras advised me that my story could be published in a section of her magazine entitled Atrevete a decir la verdad which in english means dare to tell the truth. Since my story was about my negative experience with a well know entertainment company in Florida Ms. Conteras requested proof. She was provided with emails that backed up my story. This is where the problem starts. Upon receiving my emails she told me that she would be reviewing them with her partner and that together they would decide when my story would be published. After first being told that it was scheduled for an upcoming edition, Ms. Conteras then decided that they were not interested in doing my story. Fine. I simply requested that she return my package containing emails with sensative information. This is something I told her in the beginning. If for some reason you cannot do my story I will need my package and she gave me her word it would be returned. For many months Ms. Conteras promise to return my package. The excuses were endless. Deadlines, moving, rearranging the office, I can't find them. I spoke to her partner once and he told me my package was in the office and that he would speak with her about returning them. Two additional months passed. Upon once again contacting Ms. Conteras about returning my personal material, I was told that she did not know where it was. All I can say is....INCOMPETENT! Shame on you Ms. Conteras and ATREVETE MAGAZINE.
Entity: Allentown, Pennsylvania
Sep 16 2010
periodicals magazine Liars grand Bay, Alabama
First word of advice about these people is call a lawyer and block your bank account! I first ordered magazines through Periodicals because I was actually trying to get to a completely different deal online and somehow they got all of my information. The first woman that I spoke with told me that for the magazines I wanted for 4 years would only be 2 payments of $65.00. The first month came along and I was charged $99.00. I called and they said I was mistaken and that my payments would be $99.00 a month. I told them to cancel and they said ok. The next month came along and I found out that I was pregnant. They charged me AGAIN!!!! I called very upset and spoke with a woman again she sounded very concerned but of course they could not refund me my money and she stated that my account was cancelled. I had lost my debit card and ordered a new one. A month later I kept getting a call from a blocked number and finally I answered it... I was Periodicals wondering why they couldn't get into my account. I told them I had cancelled and changed my card. They then told me I couldn't cancel my account because I was in a binding contract. I told them about the other 2 people that I had Spoken with and they said I was mistaken. They kept calling me because I refused to give them my new debit card information. I finally got tired of them hassling me and paid everything in one payment. I paid over $600.00 and told the man on the phone to lose my debit card information and to cancel my account for good and I never wanted to hear from them again and he said that was fine and cancelled my account. I check the mail today and find a letter from PERIODICALS!!!! It says that I am such a valued customer and they know that my subscription isn't up yet but they want to get a jump start on my next $600.00 subscription!!! They want to get a jump start on stealing my money!!! $16.60 per month because I'm such a valued customer and they state in this letter that they will go ahead and charge my account by 09/24/10 if I do not contact them to say no. I tried to call the 800 number on this letter from Shelly Stephens and it had a busy signal. I call again later and the office is closed!!!! They don't have an e-mail address or a physical address, only a PO Box and phone number. I am so pissed. I am calling my bank account tomorrow and having them put a block on my account. My advice to anyone dealing with these people is to block your bank account as soon as they start charging change your number or block their number if at all possible and call a lawyer. Sue these people and get as much of our money back from them please.
Entity: grand Bay, Alabama