CINGULAR WIRELESS Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: cingular wireless

There may be more reports for "cingular wireless"

For more results perform a general search for "cingular wireless"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jan 19 2002
Cingular Wireless Rip Off Company
Cingular Wireless Rip Off consumers Our Wireless phone was broken two months after subscribing. We have been using super glue until the last two months of contract period (that was a two years contract) and the phone was so broken that it won't be glued on any more. We called Cingular Wireless, they asked us to pay $20.00 for another phone. Second, Cingular Wireless's customer service is very poor. They don't try to help customers, for example, when we did not receive the last bill and they refuse to fax us a copy of the bill. They turn around charge us for late fee while we have to call the customer service another day to find out. That was a hard situation because the only time I can contact them is after 9:00 PM EST, but they are closed after 9:00. They ignore customers complaints after I emailed them. They keep sending me bills for the late fees for months but never call or email back or anything. Poor products, poor service and Cingular Wireless rip people off. That is what I think of Cingular Wireless. Thank you very much for your help.
Entity: Little Rock, Arkansas
Apr 14 2006
Cingular Wireless ripoff Atlanta Georgia
I was erroneously billed for 18100Kb of data download. The company was not helpful in refunding me money and I got the run around. I am so tired of being ripped off by cellular companies! Kevin North Miami, FloridaU.S.A.
Dec 01 2005
Cingular Wireless ripoff Baton Rouge Louisiana
Last September, I received a letter from Cingular saying that there will be a 25 % discount for people living here in Louisiana as a gift due to damages from Hurricane Katrina and Rita, it made me confident to make international calls to my parents in Asia knowing that other phone companies usually charge forty cents per minute for calls and with this additional discount, it would make it cheaper. Plus, we lost internet connection when Rita struck down and buying phone cards online was not possible, I also would like to update my folks abput the then coming hurricane Rita. So I made several 30 min phone calls to my parents and sister. When I got the bill, the world almost fell on me. Instead of the usual 50 dollars I pay every month, I was charged with 500 dollars for all the phone bills for the month. An additional digit in my normal bill. T-mobile would give you a warning or would stop service to prevent something like this from happening. So what I did to at least remedy my situation, even slightly,w as to check if they gave me the 25 percent discount, but unfortunately, there was none. I called them about this and they said you have to apply first to avail of the 25 percent discount. Any bill before doing the application would not be valid and therefore all I can do was to pay the 500 dollars plus 200 dollars for the month after. I felt so stupid losing 700 dollars for phone calls. I usually make hours of phone calls for just 20 bucks using phone cards or some 1800 number. A friend of mine also was charged 1000 bucks in a month and another 400 bucks. Doesn't cingular warn you about this. I mean like tell a subscriber that you are spending an unusual amount already so you will at least know you should stop and also give people from Lousiana 25 percent discount on the month of december without applying for it. Just go activate it. Jerome Baton Rouge, LouisianaU.S.A.
Entity: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
54, Report #190583
May 08 2006
Cingular Wireless Phone Return Trap Internet Nationwide
I just got my cingular phones on Thursday after ordering May 2nd. I am unhappy with 2 of my LG PTT Phones and wanted to get the other LG Phones with the camera. I have had my phones for only about 5 days and they will not honor the online pricing of Buy 1 Get 1 Free. I am totaly Disgusted with this service and I am going to file a complaint with the BBB of Alabama because the lady at first I talked to told me she would honor it. Then she said, OOPS!! I Forgot to read the whole thing and your basicly out of luck. I have been told so many different stories I am sick of it. No Other Wireless Carrier Is This Screwy. Paige Hoover, AlabamaU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
55, Report #199923
Jul 07 2006
Cingular Wireless Ripoff Broken Promise Bossier City Louisiana
Entity: Dallas, Texas
Mar 13 2006
Cingular Wireless Billing Practices, Not Prorating Internet
If you cancel your service after your next billing cycle begins, they will not prorate your account. I cancelled my service 10 days into the next billing cycle. They will not prorate my account. I originally signed up with AT&T. I never received Cingular's terms of agreement or signed a contract with them after their merger. AT&T has a class action suit against them for not prorating accounts when service terminated during a billing cycle. You shouldn't have to pay for services not received or used. After I cancelled, I wasn't receiving or using Cingular's wireless service. Karen Jefferson City, MissouriU.S.A.
Entity: Internet, Internet
57, Report #193651
May 28 2006
Cingular Wireless ripoff very much Internet
This company will help me in the business hours of the day, as far as adding minutes to my phone. Looks like I have to go to another phone service provider. For all of you that like to rebuttal, Rebuttal against yourselves, and have fun doing it, it might be good for a laugh. Scott urbandale, IowaU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
58, Report #191870
May 16 2006
Cingular Wireless Unfair and unethical business practices Atlanta
I had an account with Cingualr Wireless some years ago. I felt it was incorrect and cingular wouldn't adjust it. It was some kind of set up with Bellsouth and Cingular-bad idea in the first place. I didn't pay it for some months because it wasn't correct. I got the usual letters from the collections agency and disputed them, in writing and telephoncally. Then, the collections agency sent me a settlement letter. In lieu of the $663 they were trying to charge me, cingular was offering a settlement of a little over $300. I thought that someone somewhere saw that I was telling the truth and that the bill was inaccurate so they were trying to make it right; honestly, I was tired of fighting and wanted it over with anyway. It was still more than what I had calculated but it was better than $662 so I accepted and paid it. That was September of last year and the matter was settled and the debt was paid, or so I thought. I checked my credit report a few days ago, conducting my annual credit inspection. There is an entry from a second collection agency that I had never heard of, reporting a debt to cingular wireless. How can this be? It just so happened that the amount of the alleged debt was the difference between the original bill and the settlement offer. How can they do that, offer a settlement and then take it back after I pay it? I have a copy of the settlement letter and the payment tracking number plus the name and address of the first collection agency. I feel like I should have just kept my $300 bucks and let the whole thing go. Has this ever happened to anyone else and what did you do? It is not right how these large companies can just push people around; we as individuals, have to live by the credit report. Anything you do wrong is on it and is held against you for a very long time. Companies should have to be accountable for the mistakes they make too. Monica Martinez, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Atlanta, Nationwide
Nov 28 2005
Cingular Wireless ripoff Montgomery Alabama
I purchase my cell phone from the Cingular Wireless company over in Festival Plaza in March of this year 2005. Since having this phone I have never had any problems with this phone til now. When I first got the phone the guy at the store went over my contract with me and explained to me that I would have free anytime minutes after 7:00 p.m. And that my minutes will rollover. Now at this particular time I had 900 or so minutes for 69.99 and I was doing very well until I received a High bill on the second month that I was billed. On the first bill that I received was steep but I understood because the guy told me it would rather steep because of it being the first bill. I paid my bill every month until late August sometime when I lost my cell phone and I decided to lower my bill and call in my phone being lost. So continued to pay my bill every month and in doing so I would always call customer service to see how much my bill for the month and the next month and in some cases I would make payment arrangements. On November 14 or 15,2005 I had spoken with a customer service rep. and I asked could I make arrangements to pay on my bill and asked her how much was it and she told me $86.00 and I also to her that I have a change of address and she changed the address. I asked could I pay $50.00 on the 18 of Nov. and pay the other $36.00 on the 23 of Nov. and she said yes. Now I had called in On the 28 of Nov to let them know that I forgot to pay on the 23 but the money was in the bank and I wanted to pay over the phone. The first customer service rep. I spoke to her I can't remember but she was very nice because asked why was my bill $866.00 and I was told that I only had to pay $86.00 and she explained that I had used that much of rollover minutes now I this time I know that I had called in August and asked for my mins. to be lowered but I have not had any problems with billing until now. At around 11:45 Nov. 28,2005 asked the csr could I have the corporate office number and she stated to me that she was not allowed to give me that information. But she could give me to someone that could. Then she transferred me to a younglady by the name of Robin because they never give their last names. Robin asked could she help me and I told her yes, may I please have the corporate office number and then she wants to tell me that she can't give out that information either. Then she states that she is with solutions and I made my complaint. Then she tells me that I have used a 1000 rollover minutes in August which she's lying because that's when I changed my minutes. So she goes on to tell me that I used again a 1000 in Oct. and the rollover minutes are $.40 a minute. So I explained to her that could not be true and she says that I over talked my minutes of 600 and I stated to her that I had a contract stating that I could talk after 7:00 p.m. because she stated that my time started at 9:00p.m. And that's incorrect plus I did pay for rollover minutes. Then I asked her did she see where I made numerous calls to Daytona in September and she replied around what date in September and I replied to her that I can't remember the exact date but I made numerous calls because my son was there. And after the fact that she kept asking me in a nasty tone I told she the one looking at the computer of the dates and times she tell me but she never could. I then asked her what happen to the ring tones that let's you know that you bill is due or your over your minutes and she replied with a bold face LIE that there was never any services like that. And told her that there was a ring that they gave when you were due and a minute monitor that I could pull up on my other phone before I lost the other. And she told me that was not true. And asked her was she calling me a LIAR and I told her that if she could not give me the Corporate office that I did not want to speak with her. I understand that this is not the first time that Cingular has been reported to BBB. Please Help I do not have that type of money to be spendig and I do not want this on my credit. Katrina Montgomery, AlabamaU.S.A. STOP! ..before you think about using the Better Business Bureau (BBB)... CLICK HERE to see how other consumers were victimized by the BBB's false or misleading information. Don't be fooled! It has been reported, when there are thousands of complaints and other investigations underway by authorities, the BBB has no choice but to finally give an UNsatisfactory rating to a BBB member business that is paying the BBB big membership fees every year. When a business is reported that is NOT a BBB member, BBB files WILL more likely show an UNsatisfactory rating, then reportedly shake down that company to become a member of the BBB. One positive thing about the BBB is, either way, if a business has an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB, you can be sure, the business is bad. But what about all those BBB member businesses that had complaints filed against them? Consumers never get to hear about them. What about the BBB advertising to the public? Is this a false and misleading perception they are giving about consumer confidence when dealing with a business? Click here to understand more of what consumers and business alike are saying about the BBB. You decide. ..Remember. The BBB membership is not earned, it's paid for! Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Cingular Wireless
Entity: Montgomery, Alabama
Jan 30 2007
Cingular Wireless rebate offer run-around, scam Atlanta Georgia
In September 2006, my wife and I extended our contract with Cingular Wireless and bought/upgraded two cell phones. At the time, they were offering a $50 gift card/rebate with each cell phone (IMEI number) purchased. The next day, after we made the purchase, I completed and mailed out the gift card/rebate submissions for both cell phones. Using the site, I could check on the status using both cellular numbers; one individual cellular number and status search per time. Keep in mind that BOTH numbers worked in the search query. Mid-November I received only one gift card. I waited until the end of the month to see if the second card would arrive, keeping in mind to allow the four to six week time frame specified, it didn't. At the beginning of December, I contacted Cingular using the provided e-mail address on their rebate website/page. I received a response telling me that they had no record of the (second IMEI number) submission and that I would have to resubmit the information, which I did the very next day. Six weeks later, I checked their website and found no record, nothing. I sent a follow up e-mail to check on the status and again they say they have no record of my RESUBMISSION. Based on the experience in trying to get this issue resolved, I guess Cingular thinks honoring one rebate is good enough and that if they keep giving me the run-around, I will give up. Charles Puyallup, WashingtonU.S.A.
61, Report #219025
Nov 03 2006
Cingular Wireless Small Claims Court Sacramento California
Does your cell phone have a lifetime timer that records the totals of all calls sent and received since day one? My bills say Cingular has charged over 5,000 units more than the life of the phone. Cingular has charged more than 40,000 units more than the timers say I've received and sent. And of course, Cingular has accused me of way over talking my monthy limits, no matter how closely I watch the timers. Since I can't afford to pay more than my monthly plan, they've shut off my service. The Public Utilities Commission gave me their Presidents' (Stan Sigmund) office number in Sacramento (866-894-2464) and when I asked his secretaty Tammy some questions, she refused to answer. I asked what name and address do I put on my Small Claims Court papers, and she replied that nobody else in her office could answer that one. I asked these questions because when I went to file in Court, (using a low income fee waiver program,) the court clerks said I could not just say I was sueing Stan Sigmund, President of Cingular Wireless. Was it Cingular Wireless LLC, Corp, or whatever else? We finally decided to try the Corporation Service Company, since their name is listed with many of the various ways Cingular Wireless is registered in the Sacramento Secretary of State's computer. Cingular boasts having 50 Million subscribers. If they can program their computers to overcharge you only .50c, that represents $25 Million dollars. Would they try overcharging if it brought in an extra $25 Million a month? Student Santa Monica, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Sacramento, California
Dec 27 2006
Cingular Wireless Fraudulent Billing Ripoff Nationwide
I have been a customer of Cingular for almost 5 years now. My last 2yr contract was signed with them 21 months ago (contract renewal is in late March '07). Until recently, I have had no major complaints about them, and in fact, was very pleased with their service. I signed my current contract at the Cingular kioske at the local mall. The Cingular store in my town has horrible customer service, but customer service at the kioske is excellent (or so I thought). I made it very clear that I wanted the family plan that had free nights/weekends, free mobile-to-mobile, and free nationwide calling area (no roaming). I made sure to tell him I wanted the nationwide plan because occationally I go to GA to visit a friend (I'm in NC). Four months ago, I started traveling with a new job. In the space of six weeks (covering two billing cycles) I was in TN, GA, and VA. When I received my next bill, I had $160 in roaming fees. When I called Cingulars customer service, I was told that I did NOT have the nationwide plan. She was very helpful, and changed my plan retroactively to the nationwide plan when I explained that I had asked for that when I signed my contract (I could not find my copy of contract and they could not send me a copy). The following bill had another $65 worth of roaming charges on it. I called customer service again, only this time, the customer service rep was extremely rude. I explained to her what had happened the previous month, and what the previous rep had done. She informed me that it was a legitimate charge and I just needed to pay it. I disagreed with her, and she put me on hold to speak to someone else. When she came back(again, being very hateful), she told me that the reason there were roaming charges was that the roaming was for international calls, not nationwide, I had made and received. I then informed her that I have never made or received an international call, EVER. She put me on hold again to speak to someone else. When she came back this time, her tone of voice was completely different. APPARENTLY, Cingular billing had made a mistake (imagine that), and charged me international roaming charges made on calls from VA to NC. Cingular corrected the charges, but I am getting tired of having to call them every month about my bill. A couple of months before this happened, I also had to call them for $50 worth of charges for a new phone they said they had sent to me after I made a broken phone claim to them. I had never made a claim (my phone was just fine), and I had never received the phone they claimed to have sent to me. They removed the charges, but I have learned that I have to go over their bills with a fine-tooth comb. Beware of their billing mistakes!!!!!! Heather Graham, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Jan 08 2007
Cingular Wireless Identity theft Louisiana United States nationwide
I was a victim of identity theft. Cingular wireless was one of the accounts opened in my name. I filed charges and the man was arrested, he paid the bills off. Cingular will not provide me any info on the account. They would not send me any bills or paperwork on the account. It is the only negative item on my credit report. I have disputed it, even listing the name of the District Attorney that had the case with his phone #. They have refused to remove it. What can I do? I have been violated, and cannot do anything about it. S somewhere, LouisianaU.S.A.
May 14 2004
Cingular Wireless ripoff Atwater California
I used pre-paid services from Cingular Wireless for more than a year, purchasing $20 calling cards for 90 days. They always had a rule that if a customer adds funds within a 14-day grace period after the card expires, all the previous balance would be carried over. This rule was clearly written on their website for KIC prepaid services from Cingular Wireless. I took advantage of this rule almost always, adding funds after cards expired (sometimes, in several das) and my previous balance was always carried over, but today Cingular Wireless ripped me off. This time a card expiration date was May 13, 2004 with a balance over $62 and I purchased a $20 airtime card just several hours after the card expires (May 14, 2004). Airtime balance should have been more than $82, but it turned out to be $20 even. I called customer service and they deny that they ever had a 14-day grace period for balance to be carried over for pre-paid services. I even asked to get connected to the manager and he also denied that they had a rule of a 14-day grace period for the balance to be carried over. I went to their website and the info about a 14-day grace period was missing. Looks like that Cingular Wireless changed Terms and Conditions about a 14-day grace period, but they did not send me a written statement in the mail, or email, or even an short message to my cellphone, as a company with a good customer service would do. They claim they did send an SMS message to all the customers, but I never got it (I never disregard any messages, especially from customer services). This is the story of ripping me off by Cingurar Wireless. I feel robbed in the middle of the day. Customer service of Cingurar Wireless company is very unfriendly and they just lied to me denying that their Terms and Conditions for prepaid services have been changed. I have my credit card statements with the dates of paying for Cingular Wireless prepaid services, which prove that I always paid for services $20 every three months after card expiration dates and my last airtime balance of more than $62 clearly showed that my balance was always carried over. Cingular Wireless customer service refused to return my money to my account, so, I will be using their services for the last three months since the money I paid for the last $20 3-months card is non-returnable. Magomed 95616, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Atwater, California
65, Report #31979
Oct 07 2002
Cingular Wireless ripoff business Atlanta Georgia
Using my cell phone in my calling area I have been charged over $300.00 in roaming fees. These erroneous fees have shown up on my bill for the past two months. Cingular will no longer remove any incorrect charges. I was told I would have to switch to a more expensive plan with less minutes that I have now to stop incurring incorrect roaming fees. This is unacceptable! After having my plan for two year without any incorrect charges, since the advent of their new no roaming plans, Cingular is trying to get long-time, loyal customers who are happy with their plans to change to more expensive services. Moreover, Cingular, admittedly, does not inform customers on the phone display, or in any other way that the phone is roaming. One would assume when using it in his/her home area, it will not be charging .45 cents/min. This is not the case. I find it unlawful for Cingular to charge customers without notice. Especially when these fees are incorrect. Since Cingular can not honor the terms of my contract, by allowing me to make free calls when in my home state, I asked that I be released from my contract (without fees) due to their breach. They said no, I would have to pay for that too. Utimately, Cingular is charging fees no one can prove to customers who are within the range of thier contract and have been provided no notice. Cingular claims the only way to not incure incorrect fees is to change the terms of the contract, where the customer pays more and gets less. THIS IS A SCAM!!! K New Jersey, New Jersey Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Cingular Wireless
Jul 28 2004
Cingular Wireless rip-off! Dallas Texas
Changed plan to nation plan from local plan on telephone. Several months later my son inlaw went to florida with my phone, recieved 1400 dollars in roaming charges in one month. I called twice during month to make sure son in law did not go over my minutes, and was never advised about roaming fees. Contacted Cingular and was advised employee only changed my minutes not my plan. Cannot get Cingular to do the right thing. They advised they only go by contract that I signed not what I did on phone. I started paying 100 dollars a month and have received notices that I was being taken to court for not paying the whole amount at once. Dennis garland, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Dallas, Texas
Jul 20 2005
Cingular Wireless ripoff Atlanta Georgia
I got a family plan with Cingular Wireless in January 2005, my first bill was for two phones and it was $124.00. I then added a third phone in February, my next bill was $213.00. But, when I received my next bill is was for $903.57, I call the customer service number to complain about the problem. I told them that I thought my lines were crossing with someone else's lines, because I would call someone and the phone would ring, someone would pick up the phone, but would hang up if they didn't recognize my voice, I guess, but when they would hang up my phone would go back to ringing again without me dialing the number again. I explained this to several people at Cingular, and they told me that it was impossible for someone to clone my phones, but could explain that problem. I told them I've been having that problem since I got my phones and nothing was ever done. I spoke to a Linda Myers who suppose to be in office with the company's president. She was just a nasty as soome of the customer service people I spoke to. She told me that my bill was based on the downloads and text messages, I told her that was impossible. She said with their new technology that it wasn't possible for someone to clone our phones. I told her something was wrong with their new technology. Now my bill is over $2,750.00. If someone else has experienced this problem, let's get together and do something about this. I have notified the Better Business Bureau, who are investigating my complaint and the Federal Communications Commission, I have yet to here from them. Yolanda Baltimore, MarylandU.S.A.
Aug 03 2005
Cingular Wireless ripoff Tampa Florida
I have had several issues with cingular and most of the people working for them are rude and don't won't to hear what you have to say. They are to eager to tell you that you are wrong. I had a phone number to show up on my account for 4 days. The number did not belong to me and have to deal with rude people to explain that to them. I have recently been charged a reconnect fee for a bill that I paid that was never credited to my account. When I called cingular to discuss this matter with them all they wanted to discuss was a credit I was given for the number that did not belong to me The only wanted to tell me that because I was given a credit only months prior to this they could not give me another credit. I was also informed that the other number would be removed from my account. I have since found out that it can not be removed and would always show up on my account. If you have any other options for a cell phone company I would recommend that you go with them even if it means more money. Cingular does not feel that they make any mistakes. I will leave cingular in a matter of months as soon as I am out of contract and don't plan on going back. I just hope others find out how difficult cingular is todeal with before signing a contract. I hope to see some actions taken against cell phone companies ripping consumers off with their fees that are not necessary. Make sure that if you use cingular you pay your bill even if you don't get your statement. They will turn your phone off in a matter of days (less than 10). Good luck if you use cingular you are going to need it. After speaking with a third person they did remove the reconnect fee. Something others said that could not be done. If you decide to use cingular be ready to have to fight for what you feel is right and make sure you have documents to prove it to them. Lynn Martin, TennesseeU.S.A.
Entity: Tampa, Florida
Jul 23 2005
Cingular Wireless ripoff Baltimore Maryland
I was an ATT wireless Customer for many years, with no real issues. When Cingular bought ATT Wireless, I signed a new contract. This was the family plan, free cell to cell / free nights and weekends including 1,100 anytime minutes. I Received my first bill in June 2005 it was not unreasonable. The next bill for July was over 500.00 dollars, I got in touch with Cingular immediately. In all cases listed bellow except the last one , I called them: The first customer care (lol) person I spoke to was Angela Kane on 7/5/2005, She said this would be resolved in 7 to 10 days, it was a billing error. Spoke to Ron Edward on 7/11/2005, He said it would be definely taken care of be 7/12. Spoke to Bruce Bennet 7/12, he said it would be taken care of by the 13th. of July. Spoke to John Highlan 7/15/2005, he said it would be taken care of by 7/18/2005. It is still not been taken care of as of 7/23/2005. I am being told now it will take till 7/25/2005. But they did call about the bill, wanting too know why it hasn't been paid. Are these people kidding, incompentent, or is Cingular plain dishonest? Ed Stamford, ConnecticutU.S.A.
Entity: Baltimore, Maryland
Feb 17 2005
Cingular Wireless Ripoff dishonest and fraudulent services from ATT, Cingular Wireless Atlanta Georgia
I was a loyal customer with AT&T for 3.5 years. I was always very pleased witht he service I received from them, that's until they decided to merge with the Snakes from the Pit of Hell: Cingular Wireless. Each month there's fraudulent charges, my bill flucuates from month to month, but that's not the biggest issue here. I added a new line of service 8/04. It was at this time that I was approached by a customer service rep for the new line and the the free phone. I informed him that I was moving to a new city and didn't want to add another line because I was concerned about the service there. He assured me that it wouldn't be a problem, so I signed a contract. Since I moved, I have not been able to get ANY service on my cell phones. I contacted the now Cingular wireless, and they don't give a damn. They said that if I decided to cancel the contract, I'd have to pay the $175.00 fee for each line of service. They don't care about the fact that they gave me incorrect information. They don't care that I've called them every single day for the last 2 months because I'm finding error afte error on a bill that I don't even understand. If there's an attorney out there who's willing to help, please contact me. I'm sure there's some sort of consumer lawsuit we can do considering I see multiple complaints on this site just like mine. Sophie Chesterfield, VirginiaU.S.A.
Jun 21 2005
Cingular Wireless ripoff cingular wireless company sucks Baltimore Maine
over billed me $950.00 the first month! Over billed me $700.00 the 2nd month! Customer service SUCKS!!! I want OUT! Better wireless company's to go with! Cingular SUCKS and sould be on the Oprah show to show the public how they RIPP OFF Customers!!! Edward Sch Haven, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Baltimore, Maine
Mar 12 2005
Cingular Wireless cingular wireless ripps you off Keyport new jersey
cingular wireless charged me a return check fee of 80. 00 for a check that did not clear my account . i payed the fees then they hit me with mutible fees good to be a big company haaaaaa i use my cell phone for about 20 minutes a month and i am on the 30 dollar plan yet i receive bills in amounts of 134.00 then after i pay them they hit me with a 84 dollar bill??? that's 29.95 per month this company is a corporate rip off and should not be patronized when they were at@t controled it it was ok however when the companys merged greedy board of directors came up with ideas to legally robb the general public by charging excessive fees from almost anything to the drop of a hat in this present economy this should not be allowed i feel a class action would show these big rippoff companys like cingular wireless the the general public will not be pushed around into paying fees on everything your board of directors say should be deemed legal in my opinion your should be held liabel and lawyers should hit your company with fees the people will speak and one of them has spoken John keyport, New JerseyU.S.A.
Dec 12 2004
At&t Wireless, Cingular Wireless Throughly Disgusted. Rip-off! Redmond washington
This is how it all began I had gotten service with them in 2003 this was a disaster waiting to happen. I cancelled service paid them the 600 dollars they said I owed. Then sept of that they same yr I recieve a collection letter on behalf of there company. I immediately dispute the amount in that month I had called customer service to have the problem resolved. In this one month I went back and forth between customer service, recievables management and collection. All 3 departments said one of the other departments can send me a copy of the bill but they said we cant guarantee you a copy of the bill just request it. Because of this company I have not been able to get a credit card,loan or anything else I have needed. I now work for this company because it was the only cell phone job available when I needed one and then when I worked for the company they still could not help me. Because of this company I have been unable to get a loan so I can start my own cell phone company authorized dealer and improve cell phone customer service problems. That is why I have the job with them today. I have hired an attorney that says it should be taken care of by the 18th of Dec but I will believe it when I see it,since I now work for the company I have inside information. I would love to join all 60 of us in a class action lawsuit because I will be quitting the company very soon because I think I have found a way to get my loan even with my credit the way it is. On my credit report is shows 2 different collection agencies is trying to collect the same debt TWICE. This is very illegal as you might as well know. I have the ceo of cingular wireless his email address. If your group would be interested in contacting me further about this matter me having inside information about the company I believe we can win a class action lawsuit. I would love to be in charge/help insure a sweet victory for all of the people involved. I believe there is enough people where stan stigman would want to settle with us before it even got to court. I am so glad this group has been created because people need to take a stand and say enough is enough. If anyone has any questions please contact me at Thank You for your time Anthony Anthony olive branch, MississippiU.S.A. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Apr 21 2010
AT&T WIRELESS - CINGULAR WIRELESS Internet Charge is Outrageous Internet
I have been with AT&T for about 6 months now and I am already on my 5th blackberry 8900 smart phone. AT&T advertises that they have the best 3G network for internet services; this is totally untrue. I pay the minimum $30 a month (min for smart phones) for service that I do not get. I have spoke with technical support numerous times and they say the reason is that it depends on where I am located. I understand the designated towers that help to gain internet connections, but how can a company advertise that they have the best network? Technical support has also investigated my phone and says that the phone is working probably. Every time I try to use my internet, it takes forever to load and I can not log into websites. My phone will display 3G, GSM, and Edge depending on my location. My smart phones speed does not increase with any of these networks. My WiFi is also on at all times and the WiFi does not increase the speed. The only comparison of the network AT&T offers is a slow dial up version of the internet. I am not an internet expert, but I know that I am getting ripped off. I am stuck with this blackberry smart phone until my next my next upgrade. I would cancel my internet to save money, but I need the internet so I can receive emails that are directed to the email application in the phone. The email application works like an SMS and has no comparison to an actual inbox. I wish there was some other alternative.
Entity: , Internet
Aug 05 2003
Cingular Wireless ripoff Lubbock Texas
I have had a Cingular phone for a few years now, and repeatedly fought the over-billed wars. (And they want us to allow them to take it out of our bank account directly?) My particular complaint was while in Washington DC, I called Cingular and asked whether I would incur roaming charges if I made calls. I have a preferred nation plan. I was told no. I also explained my grandson was with me, also a congular customer, and wanted to know if we could know if he would know if he would be billed for roaming by having roam or cingular extend show on the face of the phone. The representative indicated that was correct: cingular phones only charged roam or extend when calls indicated such. I asked the representative to make a note of that call. Then he gets a $300. bill for calls made in Washington! When I contested this, I was told since he had a different plan his phone did not show roam or cingular extend. (This has not been our experience. It has shown roam at other times.) When asked to explain why the representative would have told me it would I was told, She probably thought he was on one of your lines. NOT. After years or arguing about astronaumical charges: too few minutes, bad transission, misunderstanding about night-time versus mobile to mobile minutes, etc. I have finally cancelled my service. They cut off my phone so quickly I could not retrieve my phone numbers from the system's phone book. Patricia Spring, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Lubbock, Texas