CNAC Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: cnac

There may be more reports for "cnac"

For more results perform a general search for "cnac"

Showing 26-50 of 455 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "cnac"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Dec 12 2004
JD Byrider - CNAC ripoff Columbia South Carolina
Entity: Columbia, South Carolina
Feb 16 2005
CNAC - JD Byrider ripoff dishonest fraudulent overcharge crooks ignorant idiots lemons uncooperative Alliance Ohio
The biggest mistake of our lives was to get a car (actually, TWO cars) from JD Byrider. We were living on a very low income, with limited credit (not BAD credit, unestablished credit) and had tried several car lots with no luck. We had been walking everywhere for the previous 6 months, and it just wasn't working out. It took them 5 hours to get us financed, and by then, we were about to walk out the door. We should have. We viewed several cars that day, including a 1993 Ford Escort wagon with over 300,000 miles on it. Of course, we turned that down. What we did take was 1991 Grand Am with 102,000 miles. It ran fine for the test drive. Of course, they charged us $6500 plus the standard (for those crooks) 24.99% interest rate. And they deferred the down payment, with interest, and added interest to their mandatory junk warranty. The very next day, the car broke down. We spoke with them on the phone, and they agreed to pay the towing charge for the 30 miles, and fixed it free of charge. Two days later, we picked it up. On the way home, it broke down. So we called them again. They had a bit of an attitude that time, insisting that the car was fine, but agreed to fix it again. See, they claimed it was just the water pump, which they kept replacing. Anyway, they fixed it again. It broke again. Thats the third time. Now we were pissed. We demanded a rental car, which they refused, until we told them they could take their peice of junk and shove it. We got a rental, and they finally fixed the alternator(ie the real problem)at a local dealership, on our insistence. They were rather nasty about all this, but we forced them to deal with us, which we found, is how you must treat them. Over time, the car was alright, we had it for about a year, made all of our payments early, drove it in every month because they would not give us a payment book, and the hell if we were gonna trust them to properly credit it. Now, towards the end of the year, the car started overheating, and smelled very strange. We had a mechanic look at it, and it was determined that the wires were literally melting, and that the car was a fire hazard. JD Byrider didn't care. The warranty was up and that was that. The Alliance JD Byrider is owned by Courtesy Kia of Alliance, and the deal was, that after 6 months we would be able to trade up into one of their brand new vehicles. HA! We tried at 6 months, they couldn't help us. We tried again at 12 months, and though they were glad to let us sit there for 2-3 hours, they still wouldn't finance us. So we had no choice, it was either fix the whole electrical system (costing thousands of dollars) or trade in the car for another JD Byrider lemon. We chose the latter. After another 5 hours of finance work, we were approved for another car. This time, we got a 1992 Chevy Lumina, for over $7000. We made our payments early, like good little troopers, and had no immediate problems, except having to buy it new tires immediately. Two months later, JD Byrider had a talk with my fiance. It turns out that our previous car did indeed catch on fire, giving the new owner 2nd degree burns over 70% of his body. He sued, of course. Anyway, after having this car for about 10 months, it started leaking oil profusely (it had been leaking about a quart every 3 months anyway). It seems that leaks had sprung out of every gasket. Odd, wouldn't you say? We contacted JD Byrider several times. It wasn't their problem. So we kept dumping in oil (it got to the point of dumping in 4 quarts EVERY TIME we drove ANYWHERE). Eventually, the motor blew, and we made a decision. We had already paid $2,000 for a car worth only $600 (kelly blue book value) in prime condition. We would NOT pay another $5,000. So, with help from family, we bought a car straight out from a private owner, and voluntarily returned the Lumina to JD Byrider. They held my fiance against his will for 40 minutes with threats and told him he couldn't turn in the car. They went so far as to chase him out the door, still griping, with the keys in their hand, trying to get him to take them back. But we drove away, honking and waving, with his brother driving us to our waiting new car. Now they plan to auction off the car, and will supposedly put that amount towards our balance. They have added $800 in fees, which we plan to contest, and we are planning on filing bankruptcy against their ridiculous loan. The point is, if places like this were REALLY out to help people, there would be leniency, lower payments, and lower finance rates. They aren't concerned about taking a chance on people with bad credit, they make it HARDER for people with bad credit to get better credit. They will not negotiate any parts of any contracts or payment agreements. JD BYRIDER: YOU SUCK If they want to do us a favor, they can go out of business and stop scamming decent people. Raymond Boardman, OhioU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on JD ByRider
Entity: Alliance, Ohio
Jun 23 2005
CNAC - Dan Nelson ripoff, Major ripoff, Harassment, PURE HELL Des Moines Iowa
My husband and I purchased a car from Dan Nelson in des moines iowa in October 2003. It was a 1994 pontiac sunbird and was a piece of sh** from the very start. In december the transmission went out, and on the way to the shop the heater core and radio went out also. So in the dead of winter no heat to get there. They told us the heater core was not covered under warranty and neither was the radio. They never fixed it right so we stopped paying it we told them to come get it, that we was not gonna pay for it, since it is undriveable. Every bump ya hit makes ya think that you will be thrown off the road at any time. So now they have started calling me everyday on the phone and asking me when I am gonna pay the lemon off. I said when I find a job. Well now they have taken it upon themselves (1 in particular) to find me a job. Even thou I am almost a 1000 miles away. My word to the wise or unwise, yeah the cars look good on the outside but pop the hood do a thorough investigation at the motor, etc. Better yet, run the opposite direction. Jenny bham, AlabamaU.S.A.
Entity: Des Moines, Iowa
Jul 09 2005
CNAC, JD Byrider Ripoff artists, dishonest, RUDE, unfair Indianapolis Indiana
I was finally able to get a lease through a reputable finance company and was going to suprise my wife. When I called and told her we were going to pick up our brand new car, she informed me that she had just made a payment over the phone a couple of hours ago. I thought, no problem, I will just give them a call and ask them to reverse the charges, problem solved. So I thought. I told the rep that I was currently in the middle of leasing a new car and my wife had mistakenly made a payment earlier. As soon as I mentioned that I would like to have them return my money, the representative I was speaking with got all defensive and informed me that he could not reverse the charges. I asked why, and he informed me that a payment was due that day and it did not matter that the car was being paid off by the dealership I was leasing from, and just flat out refused to discuss it any further. I feel that I should get my money back, simply because the car was being paid off by the dealer, so there is actually nothing to be paying on. Michael Indianapolis, IndianaU.S.A.
Oct 04 2005
JD Byrider - CNAC Rip off at it's finest Louisville Kentucky
My experience goes like this: I was young, bad credit, son had just had heart surgery, etc. I went to JD Byrider and they had me fill out some information for a credit check. They told me they couldn't quote the price or let me test drive until this was done. A day or two later I received a phone call stating that I had been approved for a bank loan on one of the newer cars. I drove my beat up little car on the lot (where it died.) My dad and my infant son were in the car behind me. My father left me and my son and went back to Indiana. After waiting forever, the salesman told me that the bank loan, in fact, didn't go through. He told me I still qualified for a car. It was late and he told me I had to hurry and pick out a car. The car I picked out, I was unable to test drive, because they were getting ready to close. I asked if it had been wrecked and they stated no. I asked them if I could come back the next day and pick a car. They told me to go ahead and sign for this car and they would honor me bringing it back the next day. I tried to bring the car back (which, in fact, had been wrecked) and they told me I drove off the lot, so it was mine and they weren't taking it back. I turned in the keys and told them I wasn't taking it. They told me I would have to take this other car in order for them not to press charges and ruin my credit completely. Once again, I was not given a choice. I took the car. The back door wouldn't open, the back windows wouldn't roll down, the radiator hose was leaking, etc. etc. It was a mess! Needless to say, I paid thousands on this car worth about 200 dollars. I was about 2k short on payoff when I said I wasn't going to do it anymore. I had it towed back to the lot. (At this point I hadn't driven it except the first couple of months after I bought it because it kept breaking down.)I handed the keys back and told them to shove it. Didn't hear anything out of them until May, when I received a paper from my employment place stating they were garnishing my wages for OVER and almost DOUBLE the 2k I owed when I turned it in. I never received court documents. Recently, we were attempting to buy a house and I received a call from my mortgage broker asking me about my business relationship with CNAC and JD Byrider. I said I had no current business. She informed me the company has been checking my credit every 1-2 months. This has been going on for a couple of years. Needless to say, I hope the company goes UNDER. I hope those that are behind this know what it feels like to not be able to buy groceries, etc. because they have to pay out a VILLAIN! I am now in the process of paying about 12k on a 92 Geo Prism that ran for approx 3 miles after I drove it off the lot. Thanks JD Byrider and CNAC! Crystal Mt Washington, KentuckyU.S.A.
Entity: Louisville, Kentucky
Dec 09 2003
JD Byrider - CNAC It's a rip-off DON'T DO IT Milwaukee Wisconsin
I've read quite a few of these rip-off reports and I concur... JD Byrider is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Now it is a given that people buying a car from this company have had or currently have some credit issues, myself included, but to be blantantly misled is wrong. I bought a 1991 Chevy Lumina Minivan in 2001. It only had 66,000 miles on it and appeared to be in good condition. I did test drive it and it did seem at that time to ride ok. Fast forward to December 2003. To date I have replaced the transmission, the heater core, the alternator, the starter, the battery terminals, the brakes (front & back), the water pump and the radiator. This has all occurred in a 9 month span and to make things interesting, the engine went out on it back in October. I contacted JD Byrider who gave me the run around. I asked them how I could accelerate/reduce my pay out because I only had 3,000 left on it to pay. I spoke to 4 different people who gave me 4 different answers. I was finally told that they couldn't make that decision because they sold my account to another company. When I asked the name, address, telephone number and name of the account rep, I got nothing. I was told that I couldn't deal with him directly, but that the Byrider rep would email the new company rep and pass my information along. This process took a month with me calling back daily to find out what was going on. I have never missed a payment. I have not stopped paying on the vehicle yet, even though I can't drive it. I finally went to the Better Business Bureau with my complaint and proof! all of a sudden I was sent a letter from Byrider giving me the name, address and telephone number of the company who bought the loan. To make a long story short, the company is EMCC in New York and the offer they gave me was: I pay another $1000 in payments, pay them $1,000 up front and surrender the car for them to resell at auction. They were serious and that is why I still have my car. I can get an engine put in for $2,000 and still have my car. If I pay them $2,000 AND give up my car, what do I have? One last thing, I was mailing my payments in anywhere from 1 to 3 days BEFORE the payment was due and you know what they are doing? They are holding the payments an extra day or two which applies more of your payment to their interest and less to your principal amount. This usually is only a few dollars, but it is still wrong. I caught them doing this on 3 separate occasions and again I went to the BBB with a complaint. Within 2 weeks I got another letter from Byrider saying that the amount they collected (due to the unreasonable holding of my check for 2 days after my payment was due) was reversed out of their interest amount and applied to the principal amount. KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS, CHECK YOUR BALANCES EVERY MONTH!! For those of you who needed a car, I understand why you bought it here, but if you care about your friends, family members or co-workers who may be in the same boat, steer them clear of JD Byrider. D. Milwaukee, WisconsinU.S.A.
Entity: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Feb 18 2004
JDBYRIDER/CNAC ripoff, rude, overpriced, junky, dishonest, thieves, incompetant, cheaters, unprofessional WAUKEGAN Illinois
my car is a piece of junk. it has been at JDBYRIDER since 12/26/03 till now 02/18/04. i have engine problems, transmission problems, idle problems, you name it i have it with this car. when you call them they are too busy to talk or you get switch around to 5 different people. who try to sugar coat the problem. no one is never available when you need them but they are quick to call you when you are a day behind on your payment. i had this car a year now. the first car was total out due to a ccident insurance paid off. some one pocket the check. that is not my fault. i refuse to pay for something that i can not drive. DO NOT EVER PURCHASE A CAR FROM THEM. THEY SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN. REBUILD CREDIT MY BUTT. PS THE NEW NAME FOR THE WAUKEGAN SITE IS NOW CAR CREDIT AMERICA WHICH IS STILL JDBYRIDERTO ME. Shirley waukeagn, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: WAUKEGAN, Illinois
Sep 02 2004
CNAC- JD Byrider unfair practices and lies Ft Wayne Indiana
We have been paying for a 1997 Pontiac Sunfire for almost 1 year now. EVERY payment has been on time or early. We recently moved to AL. from Ohio, and we were called and told by CNAC that we were NOT allowed to take the car from there, and that it was listed in our paperwork, which I am unable to find listed in mine. they said that if we didnt send them a monthly payment for 1 month ahead of time and a $200.00 processing fee along with it within 1 week, they would re-po the car and we would be paying the balance for it through payroll deduction. I dont believe this is fair at all, we paid on time and we should be able to take the car anywhere we move, as long as we notify them and keep making our bi-weekly payments on time. We shouldnt be forced to pay a processing fee and monthly payments ahead of time now. They have called our families demanding to know what we are going to do, and they live 4 states away, they have no ideal what our business is. I have called them and asked what we can do, cause I dont want to lose my car after paying 1 year on it and our down payment. It is a good car so far, no problems. Hard to find at buy here, pay here types. I have read many stories online about CNAC and JD Byrider today. If I was to do it over again, I would NOT buy from them again. Please do your homework andmake a informed decision before buying from them! I wish I had! Connie Decatur, AlabamaU.S.A.
Entity: Ft Wayne, Indiana
Sep 15 2004
JD BYRIDER CNAC ripoff, Messed up my credit, sold the car at auction. AKRON Ohio
My husband and i have 3 kids and 3 foster kids 6 total. we bought a car from jd and it was not safty checked at time of purchase.they told us to test drive it and see if we liked it. we returned and said It feels like something is wrong with the front end she said well i will just write front end elignment needed. I said well i'm not a machanic so i dont know if thats it. well we had no idea that they would put us through what we went though! we had the car in the shop more than we drove it and they kept our car from us because we got behind on one payment while it was in the shop from lack of work transportation! so after 5 to 7 times of we will get it fixed, the manager Adam says All I owe you is a front end alignment and slams his fist on the desk.we said to him is that really how your going to act knowing that we didnt say that? he said yes. we took the car to another machanic and they wrote down everythign wrong with the car, we took this info back to Adam and he said he refused to do the work. tha car was marked unsafe to drive from the other machanic and we could not ride our kids in this car. we made a bold move and told jd here is your car back gave them the keys and left. they sold the car at auction and put the remaining balance on our credit that is to this day Incurring Intrest!!!!!! we told them we would sue but the attorney said since they put front end elignment on there wasnt anything we could do! If anyone has any help for us please let us know. thank you and may god bless and keep you all. p.s we also asked them to for give us this dept in the name of jesus and they said no!!!! we also filed a claim with BBB and they couldnt do a thing either. Julie AKRON, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: AKRON, Ohio
May 24 2004
Entity: AMHERST, Ohio
Nov 25 2003
J.D. Byrider/CNAC sold me an overpriced piece of junk. ripoff! Milwaukee Wisconsin
I purchased a used vehicle (Chevrolet Lumina Euro 1990) from J.D. Byrider/CNAC on 08/26/2000. In 10/00 the vechile's rack and pinion was not functioning correctly(before I purchased the vechile I asked the salesperson was the stearing wheel supposed to be so tight. he told me yes it's an euro sport it supposed to be that way). J.D. Byrider told me that I would have to pay for the repairs. I only had the vehicle not even 2 months and it's already broken down. In 11/00 I went and purchased a new vehicle from another dealer. I returned J.D. Byriders vehicle. In 2001 J.D. Byrider sent me a notice stating they sold the vechile for about $1,700.00 give or take a few hundred. Now (11/2003)I recieved a notice from Ameristar Collection Agency stating I owe J.D.Byrider $8,028.59. I was told by an older woman that once they sold the vechile I should not have to owe anything. Especially when I'd returned the vehicle. If they would have just fixed the problem without me paying out of pocket for a vechile that shouldn't broken down within no more than 2 months. Amanda milwaukee, WisconsinU.S.A.
Entity: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Oct 27 2004
JD BYRIDER - CNAC Financing rip off Saint Louis Missouri
JD BYRIDER IS A COMPLETE RIPOFF, DO NOT BUY, VISIT, BROWSE THERE LOT BUYER BEWARE IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT When I first got the vehicle the check engine light was on. They told me I had to take it 20 miles to get it fixed, I had to make the trip 4 times just to get the car fixed. They couldn't get the part in, or they didn't have the time. The van wasn't even clean when I got it. There was food and bowls and trash under the seats. It was disgusting to get to the point, since I had to make so many trips to get the problem fixed, I was fired from my job. Luckily I got a new job, but when I explained to them why my payment was late my account rep told me she didn't care and it wasn't her problem. If they are supposed to be such a good company and have good people working there, why wouldn't they care. How am I supposed to get to work to make the money to make the payment, again my account rep told me that wasn't her problem. When I asked to speak to her boss, she told me he said the same thing. My wife called them back and spoke to her, and she told my wife that her boss wasn't even there. Tthe lady had lied to me over the phone. What kind of company is that, I ask you. Tthis is to everybody who reads this, DO NOT BUY FROM JD BYRIDER, DO NOT USE CNAC FINANCING, do not even go to their lot, they will blow smoke up your ###. Justin hazelwood, MissouriU.S.A.
Entity: St. Louis, Missouri
Oct 25 2004
JD Byrider/CNAC Ripoff Verbal Abuse, Harrassment Maumee Ohio
On July 1, I went to JD Byrider to purchase a vehicle, my credit was shot due to a recent divorce, and my car was shot as well. They sweet talked and did their shpeel, and to make a long story short, i ended up purchasing a car from them. When I was making the payment arrangements with Tony the salesman, i stated that I got paid the 15th and last day of every month (bi-monthly)and he said fine. They stated that I only need $200 down, etc. and that they would give me a minimum of $200 for my van. Well when the contract was written up, they told me that I had to pay $900 down (first they had mentioned it) would give me $100 for my van, take my $200 downpayment and defer the next two $300 payments. Ok not a problem, and I agreed to that, and reiterated that I do get paid on the 15th and last day of the month so I could make the next two $300 payments, which i did. They told me that the paperwork to get my license plates would be mailed to me. It never came, and when I went in to pay my second $300 towards my downpayment, I found out that they were holding that paperwork at the office to make sure I paid, and I had to pay before I got it. I was a little surprised by this second lie, but still it was not a problem, i paid it, got my paperwork, got my plates. My first official payment was dues on then due on August 15th....which was a Sunday (and they are not open on Sunday). The financial manager called me on MOnday and started right in on mne because I had not been in to pay and demanded that I drop everything and drive all the way acroos town and pay that evening. So I did, then I was assuming that the next payment was due on August 31, being as I stated I was paid the 15th and last day of the month at least 3 times. Well this guy called me on on Monday the 30th, calling me a dead beat, a stupid bit**, and etc because I was late, I tried to explain to him that I got paid the next day and would be int o make the payment then. He stated that i agreed to Bi-weekly payments, which i know I did not, because I get paid bi-monthly, why would i agree to that. I asked if there was a box that was checked that said bi-weekly because I could not find it on my contract...and he said there was one that said bi weekly and one that said bimonthly, etc.and I had checked Biweekly (which I know I would not because I don't get paid biweekly)...I have yet to find that on my contract anywhere. Since then, because i have been paying on when I agreed not when they want me to, this David Karnes from CNAC calls me every 2 weeks, calling em names, threatening me, calls me at work, asks to speak to my empolyer, the whole 9 yards. I even called their corp office in Cleveland requesting that this guy not call me at work...still he did. The last time I finally put it in writing and faxed it to him not to caLL ME at work. Well, that really made him mad because he called me back and left a very intimidating and threatening message on my cell phone, then he proceeded to call me everu 2 minutes alternating back and forth between my home phone and cell phone, but blocking the number using #67 so I wouldn't know it was him. Now it is going to get worse because my car is a piece of crap, and i had to have it towed in for service last Friday. When I called to check on it this morning they put him on the phone and he told me that I would not get my car back until I started paying on the days they want me to. I have also requested a copy of the video tape but have gotten no response yet. This man has called me every name in the book, called me a deadbeat, threatened me with everything short of physical harm. Is there anyone else in the Toledo/Maumee area that has had similar problems with this company? I would like to get a class action suit against them just due to their abusiveness and intimidation. Jerianne Oregon, OhioU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on JD ByRider
Entity: Maumee, Ohio
Oct 12 2004
CNAC, JD Byrider strong armed and lied to. Rip-off! Mishawaka Indiana
My husband and I bought a car from JD Byrider/CNAC in October of 2002, we have paid for every payment, although we have had some payments get behind, we have never failed to make a payment. We are down to 5 payments owing and let me tell you, CNAC is getting real pushy about our payments. I was treated with total disrespect by one of their managers and when I reported him to the main office, I thought I would get someting done about it, but I didn't, yes they called me and listened to my complaint and they said they would do something about it, but I am still getting calls from the same manager that I requested not to ever call me again. Three weeks ago, I was contacted by this manager, I told him that I could not come in that day because my husband, who is an over the road truck driver, had all the money with him and he was not at home yet and would be home the next day, his answer to me was, Maybe you should just bring the car back. Again, I am down to 5 payments left, my thoughts on this is, they know I have a nice looking car and they could sell it again and get more money out of it. This past week I was 6 days past my payment and I was told that if I did not have the money in by 3:00 that day, they would come and get my car, I say this because I was told by Carmel, Indiana that they don't threathen to Repo your car, they would not do that!, YES THEY DO! I would never send another soul to JD Byrider/CNAC to buy a car. I was going to buy another vehical from them but with the experience that I have had, I would not and will not send anyone else to them, in fact I will do what ever I can to discourage anyone from going to them. By the way, the money I took into them that day they wanted me to bring my car back was my sisters house payment, but they didn't care where I got the money, just as long as I got it! I am very disapointed in the type of people they have working for them, it seems like every time they get someone with a heart, they get fired or move on to other jobs, I guess you can't have a heart and work for CNAC/JD Byrider. Viola Elkhart, IndianaU.S.A.
Entity: Mishawaka, Indiana
May 29 2003
JD Byrider And CNAC ripoff, dishonest, misleading, unhelpful, con artists Duluth Minnesota
My husband and I purchased a 1992 Buick Century from Jd Byrider. We went through them because they always say in thier ads that they helped with the credit challenged, and that thier vehicles were covered under an excellent warranty. We even bought extra coverage for repairs if we needed them. Not even a month after we owned it, the car blew it's air conditioning unit wich ended up siezing the whole engine... After that fiasco, it was in the shop every other month for work on it's fuel sensor. Every time something would happen to the car, it would never be covered under any part of the warranty. We would have to shell out $300.00 out of our own pocket (not including towing ) to have this fixed... by a garage that Byrider took it to. After the third time it went down, the garage we had look at it said that the senser was put in wrong. We had just gotten back, not even a week went by, and ( I must add that we were financially strapped so CNAC offered to put the car repair on the end of our loan ) the car's fuel line blew off the gas tank at a corner stop leaving my whole family stranded with gasoline POURING all over the block. That was the last straw. After thier mechanic looked at it again, they said that they had no idea how that line could have come off but guess what... now it needs an engine... We talked to the district attorney here in Minnesota but he said the lemon law in this state only covers new cars. It's still at the garage it was towed to by CNAC (yes, they offered to replace the engine and put the difference at the end of the loan) but I refuse to use anymore money to fix this lemon... I'm paying for a car I can't use and STILL riding the bus... I got screwed on this deal... I hope that someone reading this will take this into consideration,... No matter how bad you need a car, no matter how bad your financial situation or your credit report is,JD Byrider and CNAC IS NOT the way to go.... Lynette duluth, MinnesotaU.S.A.
Entity: Duluth, Minnesota
Nov 15 2004
CNAC - JD Byrider Ripoff Lies to me and harasses me Mesa Arizona
I have been a very good customer to CNAC and JD Byrider. I have purchased two cars from them in the last 4 years. Even though I am a loyal customer they still treat me badly. My first complaint deals with a situation that started about a year ago. I called them and asked if I could change my payment schedule to a week later (to coincide with my payday). They said they could not do this. I called again a couple of weeks later and explained to Joe at CNAC that I could not make a car payment and I would really appreciate it if my payments could be moved to the following week. He was very rude about it, but did eventually agree to move the due date. With the adjusted pay schedule I have been on time EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! After about a year, I get a call from CNAC demanding a payment from me. Since it wasn't due until the following week I was confused. I asked to speak with Joe and they told me that he was fired due to moving my due date. I feel guilty about that, but realize that Joe did not have to agree to my request. I also thought it was very inappropriate that the CNAC rep told me that. What was the point? I explained to the CNAC rep that I was unable to make a payment until payday. He said I have to or they would repossess my car. I explained again that I did not have the money. He then said that I could pay late, but would have to pay a late fee. Ok fine. That was four payments ago. I just received a call from CNAC stating that I have not paid my late fees. I explained that when I call to make payments, I tell the reps, I would like to make a payment. I did not realize that I have to explain to CNAC's rep that I HAD TO PAY A LATE FEE. Apparently you do because I have not paid a late fee. They were VERY rude and told me that I was the idiot because I did not pay the late fees. I am the idiot????? I guess I am since I bought a car from CNAC. This company is unprofessional and rude at best and harassing at worst. Shanna Mesa, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Mesa, Arizona
Jun 12 2004
JD Byrider - CNAC ripoff isn't the word and Customer service is lousy Louisville Kentucky
First of all, I would like to say that I have dealt with this same company before several years ago w/o any problems whatsoever. It was a decent car & had no problems with either the car or the financing aspect of it. This past January, my husband & I decided that we definitly needed a vehicle of some sort. Now, I want to say that we are not the usual desperate, biggest credit risks... we are both around 40 yrs of age, my husband has a great job that he still works at despite several major colon surgeries in recent years & I do not work now because of a heart problem. Unfortunatly, because of all the medical prob's, even w/ insurance.. our credit has truly sufferred as the bills mounted! We had actually been paying almost $600/mo. on a new $32,000 98 Blazer LT which was nearly paid for before all the med stuff started to happen & they hauled it away one night. We'd been w/o a vehicle since Nov. 2003. To make a long story short, we spent the better part of one very icy, snowy cold day at JD's looking at cars. We already had one picked out, but they kept trying to show us things more suited to us. Yea, right. Like they would even know what suited us. It definitly wasn't that little S-10 with rust on the bumpers & 190,000 miles...or the Galant w/ the rust on the motor.. To make a long story short, we finally did settle a deal on the 1999 Explorer Sport. The best looking vehicle they've had on their lot in years, obviously! We had them run a CarFax report on it before we put anything into writing, (which we made them pay the $19 for it!) It was (and still is) a good vehicle-it had some 'hesistation in the motor, which they gave us a We Owe to have that repaired. We brought the truck back down there the next week, had it taken to a l ittle ma & pa shop they are in cahoots with to have it fixed. We were there for nearly 4 hrs while they did whatever to it. It ran fine for a while, but eventually got shaky again. They were to have replaced the plugs, wires, etc, all the filters, etc etc etc. It turns out that all they did was CLEAN the wires & plugs & change the fuel filter! Now JD is not wanting to stand behind this 2 yr/24,000 mi warranty to continue to have this problem corrected like they should have done ot begin with. But that isn't my major beef-OH, NO!!! Mine is with CNAC. The day we signed the papers, a very nice lady sat down and went over everything completely w/ us about the financing arrangements, etc. She outlined that our pmts were due on the 14th & the 29th of every month. Both my husband & I asked her if that were the days the pmts were due on every month?! She replied, Yes! These are your due dates! Well, when we purchased the vehicle, we were going to use part($500) of our tax refund due for the dn. pmt...we'd not filed yet, and they hard-pressed us to use THEIR Rapid Refund to do so. We found out it was going to cost around $200, so we declined. I e-filed that very evening, and they gave us until February 15th to receive the refund & pay the dn. pmt. However, there was a delay of sorts in getting our refund, so it was approx. 1 week late. We were harassed on a daily basis about it starting a week BEFORE Feb. 15th! They NEEDED the down pmt ASAP or they were coming to get the Explorer!? My hubby works in construction-the weather had prevented him from working regularly at that time, so here he goes to a Check Advance place to get the $500 so they'll shut up. He takes them the money, but because he is all of 2 days later than promised, they want TAX & LISCENCE FEES, ($300!) as well! After much argueing w/ them, they got another $225 from us...again, another Check Advance place... Everything seems very musch 'squared away' now, right??? WRONG! My husband had to go to work in another state a few days before the first payment was due. He'd inadvertantly forgotten to tell me he had the pmt ready to mail 3 days before the due date. I mailed it on the 15th-they'd have gotten it the next day. Well, at around 5pm, this a-hole from CNAC calls me up, and rather than the usual Hello.., I get his smart mouth immediatly. He is telling me that we are a day late (umm..14th was yesterday..on a SUNDAY, you fool!), that they give no grace periods, it has to absolutely BE THERE by 7pm THAT EVENING or they would come to get it. No excuses. Well, I'm sorry, sir, but My husband is out of town, he has the bank acct. in his name only because I'm a louse w/ money, I mailed the pmt TODAY-wait til your mail runs tomorrow.. NO! Unacceptable! The Explorer had better be at this address that evening when they come to get it, and don't think about hiding it!? DO WHAT???! I was able to w/d at an ATM & rush my butt the 40 miles down there by 7pm to get it to them..the check they would get the next day they were to HOLD until the next pmt was due 2 wks later..I will give them THAT-they did hold it until then. I just did not appreciate this guy's attitude towards me. Last month, we had a check to bounce. They called at 7:30am and immediatly-the same guy (his name is Shawn Burton)starts in on ME about the check bouncing, it was LATE anyway...(nope..) then he informs me that we do NOT pay on the 14th & the 29th??! WHOA!! Hang on a sec, boy! That's what we have WRITTEN DOWN here by the NICE lady..he tels me that she was not affiliated with CNAC whatsoever..ok, then why did she have authorization to wear a nametag bearing her name saying she was a CNAC Mgr., as well as sign her name & title to various papers closing the deal??! I dont' have to say that he hit my one bad nerve that day, too. He told me I didn't have to curse him, it wasn't solving anything. I told him he was an a** and I hung up on him. I called back later to put it on the debit card..I was connected w/ his Manager, a Peter something the other, who was just as potty-mouthed and bitchy as Shawn. (They sure can pick 'em!) I hung up on him as well after declaring that I would find CNAC's coorporate office & file a complaint about their attitudes to me (and I'm sure many of you!?) I later talked to a guy named Kevin, who was very very nice & sympathetic about things. Gave him the debit #, etc...he took care of things, and said from here on out, contact him about the pmt. thing. He told me that from what he could see, our pmts had been set up on the 14th & 29th, as well, rather than every other Monday like Shawn & Peter had claimed. Don't worry. Just ask for him whenever I needed to contact someone there. Finally(WHEW!!!) - our payment is due this coming Monday.. they've been calling since Wednesday. I won't answer the phone. They have harrassed my husband's boss, talked hatefully to his wife trying to get in touch w/ him, etc and needless to say, everyone is exptremely irritated. Just for my own thinking, which I plan to use the info in the future(wink) when they called last evening, I got my mother to answer the phone, tell them we were out of town because of a death in the family... I wanted to just see how that would work.. LOL! Once again, Shawn was unsympathetic-he immediatly started yanking Mom's chain, saying repeatedly, The payment has to be here by 8pm!!- That pmt. BETTER BY GOD BE HERE by 8pm!!!...She yelled(screamed??! lol) I told you they were out of state at a FUNERAL! Are you so (blank-blank) STUPID to not HEAR THAT???! He kept repeating himself, to which my mom called him a very terrible name & hung up on him. He called back and I admit, it wasn't pretty on this end.... All in all.. to involve others that have NO CONTROL over YOUR BUSINESS, and in the manner in which this fool, as well as the others have conducted speak to these unknowing individuals in the manner in which they be so verbally abusive, even to their customers... We didn't get such a bad deal on the's not a crappy vehicle like everyone else has reported getting from Byrider...I have worked in Customer Service/Billing before for a major have a few peope that do get nasty, yes, but there is no reason at all to call up someone and start in on them in such a hateful & demeaning manner. Even if they (customer) gets a little hateful (or a lot) there is a better, more polite way of handling the situation. CNAC, I think, is the REAL culprit here. JD Byrider is like all other Buy-Here-Pay-Here lots... they do tend to sell some junk, don't stand behind their promises, warranties, etc etc..all that. But I've been to a lot of other reputable dealers in my years of buying new vehicles when my credit was A-1 and some of those could be pretty ruthless, as well!!! All I can say is... having bought 2 decent vehicles from this place, I will not degrade them entirely.. in some ways, I will, yes. But CNAC can go to ......! :D Deb Bardstown, KentuckyU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on JD ByRider
Entity: Louisville, Kentucky
Jun 15 2004
J.D Byrider CNAC total and complete ripoff Massillon Ohio
Last March I bought a car from J.D Byrider to help improve my credit. The price I bought it for was $9998 for a 1995 Chevy cavelier. My payments are 270 a month for the last 14 months which comes to $3780 for just the first year! After its all said and done I will end up paying over $10,000. I checked the blue book price of the car and its barely $2000. How can they get away with selling a car for 4 times its worth. Also when you go their they don't really give you much of a choice as to which car you can get. They showed me 2 cars and i had to pick betweent the 2 of them and i wasnt told the price of it until it was all said and done. If anyone knows how to go about suing this company or is already in the process of doing so PLEASE let me know. The government should not let this go on! They are in business to rip people off not to help them. I am a week behind on my payment right now and they already are threatening to come and take it! Rebecca Mansfield, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Massillon, Ohio
Dec 27 2002
JD Byrider and CNAC ripoff BBB Scam doesn't help Indianapolis Indiana
We bought our Caravan in 2000 and it has been nothing then a pain. It has been in the shop over 10 times. We had to repair the transmission twice and the belt four times. Our contract says nothing about late fees but yet I just found out that I'm being charged a fee everytime I'm a couple of days late. I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau but they really don't help. If I can give anyone advice DON'T buy a car from them I would rather have no car then put up with the BS you get from them. The Van has been in the shop more then we have driven it. Debbie Westfield, IndianaU.S.A.
Oct 04 2006
JD Byryder And CNAC what a rippoff Parkersburg West Virginia
This is my story with JD Byryder I bought a 1999 Suzukki Esteem from them last december and It ran fine for about 7mos or so then I started having problems first the brakes had went when I had bought the car they had told me that they had put brand new brakes on the car and tires. Well I had moved to lima ohio shortly after buying the car so I was still covered under warenty well then my brakes started griding so I took it to the JD byryder in Lima Ohio and they said that they we all franchised out and I would have to go to the original shop where I bought the car and this being 4hrs away I couldn't drive my car back there with my brakes grinding. Finally after dealing with the service manager for about an hour he agreed to set me up with the 8 am appt and as you guessed I sat there waiting with the other 5 people too after about an hour or so I left cause my little boy was getting very impatient I came back 2 hrs later and they hadn't even touched my car yet. So after this I was a little iritated and just said I would reschedule my appt for the next day so the next day comes I get right in first thing in the morning after waiting about a hour the service guy comes out and tells me my car is done.I ask him what was wrong with them and he tells me there was dust on the brake pads they needed cleaned so he took them off and cleaned themIm no mechanic but I know you dont just take brake pads off and clean them they probably need replaced. I left the garage thinking that I wasnt going to have anymore problems out of my brakes the next day they start grinding again and as Im driving home from town the next day my front right passenger brake pad completly falls off the car the car will hardley stop and I had my little 2yr old son in the car. They said that they fixed the problem, fixed it my ass. I ended up paying to fix the brakes myself because I wasnt putting my sons life in their hands again. I have also had the harrassing phone call about your payment being 1 day late they would call me at work on a saturday night and harass me I would me in the middle of dinner rush because I was a server and they are very busy on a saturday night and it would cost me money to sit and argue with them on the phone for 15 min while my customers where getting very upset so because of them I didnt get tipped like I should have. I had explained to them the reason I couldnt get there before they closed is because I had to work all day and I wouldn't get off till 10:00pm they told me they were going to repo my car if I didnt get there before 8pm when the office closed to make a payment so the whole rest of my shift I had to worry about my car being repod and looking out in the lot to make sure it was still there One angry customer somewhere in, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Parkersburg, West Virginia
Dec 22 2008
JD Byrider - CNAC Financing Uncaring, and very RUDE!! Madison Tennessee
I financed my 2000 Volkswagon Beetle on March 20th, 2007, knowing that the interest rate was 22% which is ridiculously outrageous. I thought that was what to expect since I had bad credit. The car was priced at 10,792.25 with payments being made semi-annually of 186.45 for 84 months. In the end I will have paid 16,961.80 for a car that is 13years old once paid off. That is a rip off in its self. Since I was naive and signed the contract, I have lived up to my end by making all payments early, never on time or late. Except for this past week. On December 16th, I realized that my debit card was missing out of my purse when I was in line at a grocery store. I assumed that it was probably at the bottom of my pocket book. The line was very long so I just decided to use my ATM in card. My card was declined twice, finally I just told the cashier to place my items to the side why I contact my bank. I knew that there must be a mistake seeing how I just got paid the day before. When I contacted my bank they informed me of over 30 purchases made in one day on the 15th that I knew where not my. I immediately had them cancel my credit card but before they could place the funds back on my account and stated that it may take anywhere from 5 to 7 business days. I was so heart broken and upset because basically my christmas was ruined. I had no money because my savings account was linked to my checking account and was wiped cleaned to cover the expenses of all the overdrown charges on my checking account. The next day I got in touch with the electric, water, phone service, etc.. and last but not least contacted CNAC to inform them of my situation. I wanted to let them know that I would be anywhere from 5-7 days late on my payment because of my credit card being stolen. I spoke with a Wandy (Name changed for privacy) and she stated that was unacceptable and that I knew from the day that I signed my contract that I could not be late. I informed them that this was not in my control, she stated that is why you pay more each month for rainy days such as this. I told her that she was unsympathatic and she stated NO, don't put words in my mouth, you assume that is what I am thinking. She continued to state that she understood my concerns but that she could not do anything at this point. She asked me to get a pay day advance or borrow the money from friends or family. I informed her that I had alreadfy asked friends and family and since it was so close to Christmas noone had it at that time. She stated well. We continued this converstation for another 10 minutes, finally after I had cried all the tears that I could she demanded that I come to her office which is roughly 45 minutes away and was about to close in an hour and a half and bring in documentation from my bank showing that my credit card had been canceled the day before because of charges that I did not make. I informed her there was no way that I could get to the bank in that short period of time nor did I have the gas to get to her office that day. I offered to go to the bank and see if they could fax the information over. She stated that would work but that I would still have to come into her office the next day and speak to the head CNAC person Oliver (Name changed for privacy). I informed her that I probably could get a friend to bring me up there tomorrow. She also informed me that even though I will do all this there still was no guarantee that they would not come and get my car. Remember my payment was due this day, during this converstation my payment has still not been late because it was not due until that day. I went ahead and went to the bank and got the needed information faxed to Wandy and called back the next day and this time I spoke to a Timmy (Name changed for Privacy). He went over the same topics that Wandy and I had gone over before. He asked me to get a payday loan, ask friends and family to loan me the payment, or refer someone to get $200 cash that day applied to may account. I again explained to him about my situation and he again gave me the same respone. I understand but we can not do anything to delay your payment and you must talk to Oliver and he should be in the office within the hour. I stated thank you and and informed Timmy that I would call back in a hour. Thank goodness, my fabulous brother came to my rescuse. Unfortunately it was at the cost of his sons christmas, he had taken one of his sons Christmas present back so that he could make a payment for me. That was so thoughtful of him. I was so angry at CNAC because they could have just postponed my payment for 5-7 days and I could have made a full payment at that time and been more than happy to pay extra for the delay. I plan to pay my brother the money back in 5-7 days once my account is cleared. I just wanted to let everyone know how awful CNAC was to me in my time of stress. No only did every company that I asked for an extension gave it to me they also gave kind sorrys and I hope you have a Merry Christmas. But I got neither from CNAC. I called later that day to make sure that they actually posted the payment to my account. I finally talked to Oliver, he stated that yes a payment had been posted to my account. Than asked my for my phone number and wanted me to verify my address even though that has never been asked to me before unless I was making a payment. CNAC has been the worse company that I have ever dealt with in my entire life and I would NOT recommend them to my worse enemy. They are a sorry excuse for a financing company and they are only here to make outrageous profits at the cost of us hard working people that are just trying to get our life back on track. Oh yeah, by the way I woke up this moring to find that my car would not start. I contacted JDByrider and they stated that they could not do nothing for me until I bring the car in for inspection. Hello, the car want start and guess what they want pay for towing expenses either. Who would have thought. Bridgit Murfreesboro, TennesseeU.S.A.
Entity: Madison, Tennessee
Jun 14 2009
My husband and I bought a used car in 1998. The car was a lemon. We gave it back 3 months later. It went on my credit as a repo. In May of 2005 my check started being garnished. The debt was paid off on Feb 2009. a total of 13,000. that included lawyer fees and interest. Now on June 13, 2009. CNAC / Bartolini Finance Corp. has started garnishment against my earnings for the same debt. My husband has been unemployed for the last 16 months. This debt has caused me to lose everything I had plus being homeless. We were able to get on out feet when the judgement was paid off. I need help. I am not a rich person. I work for Scottsdale Healthcare in logistic. I can not afford a lawyer. How can this company do this? It is illegal, it is wrong. Lynda PHOENIX, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: MESA, Arizona
Jan 07 2009
JD Byrider & CNAC Predatory sales practices & financing Overland Park Kansas
My daughter's first experience with getting a used car is turning out to be a really bad situation. She traded in her previous vehicle and the salesman picked a car for her. They first took down her financial information, and they told her they based the car's price on her income. What she now found out is the car is only worth $2,300 and Cnac financed her for $15,000 in the total cost. I could not believe they did this to my daughter, this was her very first experience getting a car, she's a college student and new mother. The people at Cnac have called all the people on her reference list and have harrassed them, telling them threatening things and then telling them to call my daughter and give her the message. Then they would call her after they harrassed everyone else. In hindsight, I wished I was not sick the day she looked at the car and was conned by the slick salesman, and slick Cnac people. To make things worse, the first thing I noticed about the car right after she got it, the engine shook, it vibrated the whole car, and they told her she can just bring it back and their mechanic would fix it, well, she's taken it there once, and when she got it back, there was no change. It's been a few months now and she still has the engine problem with it shaking. It makes me absolutely sick knowing that once these people had my daughter's signature on the paperwork, it looks as if she's stuck with a car that has engine problems, they knew she was a college student and worked part-time, I don't get how they figure she was able to afford a $15,000 car on her income plus having a baby to deal with and college. Angry in KS Angryinks Shawnee, KansasU.S.A.
Entity: Overland Park, Kansas
Mar 16 2009
CNAC / JD Byrider Lies, lies, and more lies, and a rude bank person Indianapolis Indiana
JD Byrider had a $10 special where you pay the $10 and they will defer your down payment for up to 50 days. So I put an online application in to them. They called and said I was pre-approved for the $10 offer. So, I go to their office. They made me do an application. Took about 5 or so minutes. Then I got to talk to the bank person. He was rude as could be. Said he would run my app through their underwriter. Came back and told me that they would have to have a big down payment. Said I wasn't stable enough. Was still rude. So my problem is, they say you are pre-approved, to get you in there, so they can shoot you down. This has happened 3 times with me, at their dealerships, one in Greenwood, IN, one in Fairfield, OH, and now Indianapolis. Don't fall for them. They are liars, and cheats. I wasted an hour or so of time for NOTHING!!! Except to walk out mad as fire. Tmpj1524 Indianapolis, IndianaU.S.A.
Mar 27 2009
I purchased a vehicle with this company over a year ago,only to find out that it was the worst mistake i had ever made as well as everyone who has posted here...i feel the same as everyone if not more furiated than some of you!! Today was the last straw with this company(CNAC). I contacted several class action lawsuit attorneys that are willing to move forward due to a large amount of complaints abount CNAC and J.D. Byrider. If there is anyone willing to explore this pending Class Action suit, i can be reached @ (((Phone number redacted))) Bonecollector727 TARPON SPRINGS, FloridaU.S.A. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: Pinellas Park, Florida