COMCAST Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: comcast

There may be more reports for "comcast"

For more results perform a general search for "comcast"

Showing 51-75 of 1,486 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "comcast"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

May 29 2014
Comcast or Xfinity Comcast/Xfinity Business Internet a SCAM Nationwide
It is not possible to do something as simple as DISCONNECT your internet service with COMCAST. Probably because COMCAST does  NOT want you to disconnect. 1.  It is not possible to disconnect your service on the internet, even though you can pay them directly by signing on to their site.  There is no email address you can email to, even though they are an internet provider. 2.  You have to call to disconnect, but they do NOT pick up the phone.  I have called two or three times every month for the past five months.  You cannot leave a message.  They are ONLY open from 8-5:30PM. 3.  If you finally get someone to pick up, they will tell you that they have to transfer you to another number, which does not pick up.  4.  When they trap you into their deals, you have to work really really hard to disconnect.  I am a business customer paying $100 a month for fast connection.  Can you imagine what they do to the other customers.
Nov 29 2012
Comcast cable Being ripped off by Comcast Internet
Comcast advertised Cable TV service at $29.99 for the first year, and from month 13 to 24, it will be $49.99 with 2 years' contract.  However, right after the first year, they charged me $68.49.  When I called them up, they mentioned the plan for $49.99 is no longer available.  I told them I'll file complaint with BBB and the California Dept. of Consumers' Affairs.  I have all the screen shots with the advertisement from the computer and even the chat log with customer service at the time I signed up on the Internet, everything written in black and white.  I made a point to verify with customer service so everything is clear and written.  After quite some time, they talked to the manager and finally agreed to the new lower rate.  If i have not been watching my bill, I would not have realized that I had been ripped off.  They know how to lie, being dishonest and rip off customers.
Entity: , Internet
53, Report #1200184
Jan 08 2015
Comcast Home phone mysteriously changed by comcast, no customer service Nationwide
Sometime during Oct., 2014 I lost the ability to receive or make calls from my home phone. After many days of insulting and frustrating conversations with Comcast's customer service folks I was told my number of 20+ years was just an alternate number that I might not be able to get back, and that my primary number was changed on Nov. 26, 2013 to (((Redacted))). I never approved this change. Comcast said they had no work order or documentation to explain this.Has anyone else experienced having their phone number changed by Comcast without authorization, had their phone # changed to a number similar to (((Redacted))), had a similar phone service outage issue?Also, does anyone share my concern there could be fraudulant computer issues going on at Comcast?Comcast is reportedly having major service outages and their call center agents are having computer problems as well. A) I've notified the FCC.B) I'll be calling the corproate office.C) I still await a fix!
54, Report #1191279
Nov 25 2014
Comcast Xfinity Comcast uses deceptive business practices Philadelphia, PA Nationwide
What ever you do dont use Comcast.  They will fraudentally bill you and never answer a straight forward answer as to why.  You will be transferred to an overseas call center and you will only get broken English nonsence
Oct 11 2014
Comcast Xfinity Comcast slammed my home phone illegally ! Nationwide
10-09-2014 07:55 PM Yesterday after trying to get phone support for a Comcast login issue with no success, (the support, person Kathy could not even log in to my account) I was transferred (with long holds telling me how great Comcast is and trying to sell me something) to a Retention Specialist (Joe) who also could not log in to my account. He did try to upgrade me of course. At the end of this over an hour long exercise in futility I flatly told Joe to NOT change anything. After I had hung up my wife tried to call me on our land line home phone and it went to a not available message. Now today, after several hours I find out that Comcast has ILLEGALLY slammed my home phone and now I have no emergency 911 available. (This is what the phone is for) [I assumed both Kathy and Joe are out sourced due to the thick Hispanic accent] I never gave or was asked verbally for permission to do this. I was not transferred to a third party recording verification, and certainly did not sign a document. {As required by law.} I am hoping that comcast will see this and take action as I am now coming up on 76 hours and still have no phone. Tomorrow I will submit a report to the FCC, and have already made one to Consumeraffairs.
Jan 21 2013
Comcast Xfinity Xfinity, Comcast Worst customer service ever! Internet, Utah
Worst customer service ever! I've been with Comcast Xfinity a couple years now and had to recently move. Moving my service was a nightmare. I kept getting transferred from department to department having to explain my situation time and time again. None of their departments could look up my information because they arent on the same system which is backwards to me. Comcast Xfinity obviously outsources their call centers because I couldnt understand a word they were saying and the call quality was terrible. I could tell they are on a VOIP system that didnt have enough bandwidth to support it. Comcast Xfinitys IVR tree they make you go through was ridiculous, saying options after options that dont make sense instead of just connecting you with someone. The only way to reach someone who speaks decent English was to say you want to completely cancel service. Once I said I want to completely cancel I got a really nice lady named Lisa who helped me out perfectly. I like Comcast Xfinitys products and internet service, but their customer experience leaves much room for improvement. Also the tech was an hour late past the two hour time block I was given. Overall experience with Comcast Xfinitys customer service was very disappointing.
Entity: Internet, Utah
May 12 2013
COMCAST COMCAST CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NONEXISTENT Internet
I downgraded my cable service for economic reasons. Immediately, within one hour of my telephone  call to COMCAST U.S.A., my wifi and everything depending upon it stopped working. I telephoned customer service. Someone from Comcast in Asia tried to help me.Nothing they suggested helped. I was then advised to contact the Super Duper Tech Team with an initial cost of $39.00 and a subsequent $9.99 monthly charge. I was dubious but gave it a try. The tech consultant was friendly, but could not help me and determined that my wifi modem must be inoperable. That took no more than 15 minutes, maybe only 10 minutes for him to make that determination.My wifi terminal was never broken. It worked then and still works.I had to hire tech support in my community in order to resolve the problem from downgrading Comcast services. That is a very big problem for both Comcast and Comcast users.I asked COMCAST to remove the $39.00 charge (because I did not receive any help) and I terminated the purchase of the high-end tech support based upon my experience.I am still being charged $39.00 on each statement when the incident happened 3 months ago. I have called Comcast (directed to Asia) at least 4 times asking that this charge be removed and I was guaranteed that it was removed twice.It is still on my account. Because I cannot seem to get them to remove this charge for services not rendered, my only recourse now is to make this a larger more public issue and/or to switch to another internet and cable carrier.COMCAST has no customer service. They feign customer service but it seems they've grown so large no one within their network knows how to do his or her job.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Apr 28 2014
Comcast awful customer service! Comcast ripping people off! Bad experience! Nationwide
I have NEVER had such a nasty experience with anything that I have with Comcast! Here is the story:I was living in a condo where the cable was included and I have to pay only for the internet. I chose Blast Internet and was paying $34.99 per month plus all the fees. The total bill was $43.47.In the begging of April I was moving to the new community. I called Comcast to set up the move. The representative informed me that the cable is not included anymore, and asked me what services I want to have.I told her, that I want to keep my Blast internet as to the cable I only watch TNT, FX, SYFY and NBA. The representative told me that these channels are in the Digital Starter package and the price for the internet and this cable will be $54.99 + fees.I agreed even though I couldn’t understand why the bill is so high. I will be paying now $73.47 for internet + cable TV with Digital starter package.My services worked for 3 days, after that everything went OFF and it says: Requires Activation. Called Comcast 5 times to do the activation – nothing helped. Finally they said that the technician has to come over to see what’s wrong. The technician came on April 23.Mind you, I was without service for 2 weeks already. The technician has to re-wire the house, because however connected it the first time made a mistake! Also the technician informed me that I have only Limited Basic TV. I was really frustrated.Called Comcast AGAIN!!!!! Spoke with really nice representative who informed that the $54.99 per month is a promotion for Blast Internet + Limited Basic TV! I was like: ‘But that’s not what I was told!” He apologized and told me that he will contact the Resolution department so they can fix the situation. The resolution department then informed him that even though they don’t have the package for this price – they will create the package specifically for me, so I will have Digital Starter TV + Blast Internet for $54.99. The representative informed me, that Resolution department will create a package and will take them 1-3 days and they will contact me. NOBODY DID!I called the Resolution department on April 25 to check the status. The representative was really nasty and told me that the only was he can do it is for me to pay $89.99. I got frustrated and told him, that the previous representative assured me, that they can do it and about the price and also he was in contact with the resolution department. “That’s not true! I apologize for miscommunication……….” And so on and so forth. I asked to talk to the supervisor – He said that the supervisor is not available and he can create a memo, so that the supervisor will get back to me within 24-48 hours.Guess what? Nobody did get back to me. Today is April 28, I will pay for this month service which I didn’t have $73.47. I called Comcast again – got the same response about $89.99 + fees.Comcast is ripping people off. In my new community Comcast has internet monopoly, so not any other company can provide the internet service. And as everybody knows, only when you bundle you can get the decent pricing.My friend lives in North Miami – she is paying $64 for Blast Internet + Digital Starter package (fees included). And since I live in the community where Comcast has monopoly – I will pay $105 per month for the same services!!!!!BIGGEST LEGALIZED SCAM EVER!!!!!! AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! COMCAST IS RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!!!!!  I would gladly cancel the service, but I can’t, because nobody will be able to provide internet for me. I'm stuck with Comcast!After so many years with Comcast this all came as a nasty surprise! I was really under the impression that Comcast has nice service in all areas!! I was mistaken!!!!!! I would NEVER recommend Comcast to anybody and will definitely post my story everywhere!! What and awful, nasty and frustrating experience!!!!! BAD BUSINESS!!!! AWFUL COMPANY!!!
Jun 03 2016
Comcast Xfinity Comcast Overbills and Make No Apologies Fort Lauderdale Nationwide
Comcast does not give a damn about you. They will not take responsibility for anything they do. I have had them for over 10 years and over the last 6 years they have managed to slither their way into my wallet in the form of random rate increases to the tune of $260 per month!!! At one point I apparently had 5 cable boxes and at least one modem rental. I have never had more than two at a time, one of them being the dinky little “main” cable box. I filed a complaint against them with the BBB and got a NIGHTMARE representative named Luis J. I explained that a rep calling himself an “escalation agent” located (where else!) out-of-country promised me a free month of service after Comcast drafted almost $400 out of my account around Christmas time (!!!) when they were only authorized to take $187.00 which resulted in three(3) NSF fees of $35. This “rep” told me they couldn’t refund the fees but when I threatened to cancel he offered me a month free.  Afterwards he tried to sell me the sun and moon and when I refused he became rude and eventually “got disconnected”. The free month never happened and they kept telling me “there is no record if it”. I also had the TERRIBLE experience of speaking with the WORST manager EVER at an Xfinity location named Vanessa Johnson. She was terribly rude and basically called me a liar. The day after I left her a service suspension train began and has been going on ever since. I pulled every single bill statement from 2009 to 2016. Of course, Comcast doesn’t want to let me see anything over a year online so I had to dig them up in my garage but, believe me, I learned to keep the paper statements a LONG time ago. Based on the statements and the itemization on THEIR bills, I was charged for one standard box and 3 HD DVR boxes at $9 per month! Let’s not forget the Modem! I have had my own modem since the internet called for them and have NEVER had one from Comcast. They have been charging me a $6 modem fee since 2010. LET’S CALCULATE, SHALL WE?? So, Comcast wants to curtly deny me a month of free service? Ok, FINE… but let’s see how much I paid Comcast for services I never had… 07/01/2009 thru 01/01/2015 = 66 months I had ONE HD DVR and ONE STANDARD BOX and NO MODEM. 2 (x) $9 (+) $6 = $24 per month $24 per month for 66 months = (DRUMROLL, PLEASE!) $1,584.00!!!   $1,584.00 PAID TO COMCAST FOR SERVICES I NEVER EVER EVEN HAD!!!!   They have overbilled me to the tune of $1,584.00 in a 5.5 year period but the idea of giving me a month of free service at a measley amount in comparison is unheard-of??? WOOOOOOW.   The best part of this? They informed me when I asked how to get them out of my life forever that I am UNDER A TWO YEAR CONTRACT!! I have NEVER been under contract and now I am conveniently stuck with them?   After all of this was argued with BOTH of the reps, Luis told me there was nothing else he could offer me and “we are not going to reverse policy to keep you as a customer, we just aren’t”. DISGUSTING.   Oh! I didn’t even mention the notes in their “system”. An off-shore agent (shocker) told me in a chat that she cannot help me. When I asked why she copied and pasted the notes Luis J. put in the system:   THE CUSTOMER MADE CONTACT AGAIN VIA EMAIL COMMUNCATION AND IS VEERY UPSET THAT SERVICES WERE SUSPENDED. THE CUSTOMER CLAIMED THAT WE NEVER FOLLOWED UP WITH THEM. I SENT AN EMAIL REPLY WITH AN ATTACHMENT OF THE PREVIOUS EMAIL COMMINICATIONS RECEIVED AND REPLIES SENT WITH THE MOST RECENT ON 5/31/2016 ADVISING THAT THE ACCOUNT REVIEW WAS COMPLETED. WE WERE NOT ABLE TO SUBSTANTIATE THE CUSTOMER'S CLAIM THAT A FULL MONTH OF CREDIT WAS OFFRED DUE TO A DUPLICATE PAYMENT DEBITED FROM THEIR ACCOUNT. THE DOCUMENTATION REFLECTED ON THE ACCOUNT IN REGARD OF AN ADJUSTMENT WAS DUE TO A DUPLICATE PAYMENT IN THE AMOUNT OF $196.97 BEING REVERSED BACK TO THE CREDIT CARD USED TO MAKE THE PAYMENT WHICH WAS COMPLETED ON 11/20/2015. I APOLOGIZED FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY HAVE CAUSED HOWEVER, WITHOUT SUFFICIENT DOCUMENTATION WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE A CREDIT FOR ONE MONTH OF SERVICE AS THIS IS ONLY PROVIDED IF SERVICES WERE NOT RENDERED, NOT FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUES. UNFORTUNATELY WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO RESTORE SERVICE WITHOUT PAYMENT BEING MADE FOR THE COMPLETE PAST DUE BALANCE AS WE HAVE EXHAUSTED ALL PAYMENT EXTENSIONS AND PREVIOUS PROMISE TO PAY THAT WERE SET UP WERE NOT KEPT. THIS IS OUR FINAL DECISION.
Apr 10 2016
comcast xfinity Comcast ripping off customers Palm beach Florida Nationwide
I am a customer of Comcast less than six months, when I signed in. In January 2016. There was a promotion price of 19.99 a month for a year.Since then, they change the price once, and in April. They double my price. Or even triple. When I complained to customer service billing department. They told me that I have to sign for direct payment. And they removed all kind of promotions that I was not aware of. I talked to other people and they told me that Comcast is known of doing those kind of ripping off customers by changing prices after you sign been for a special price.
Jul 18 2015
comcast xfinity comcast customer nonservice nationwide Nationwide
 I orders comcast internet and there rwally limited channels just the locals. After swnting up the order and paying $100 deposit I keept recieving emails saying there was one more step eventhough I had a scheduled install date so I called. Talked to a guy for awhile he found no problems after a coue days still getting emaila I called again this time I was told I have a $380 overdue from years ago at a differant address a addresa I did not live at was told they where sending me some fraud papers fill them out send them back but there where going to be collection calls than was told to just ignore the calls I did. I answerd one due th the fact it was conctant calls it was comcast saying that I owe I am a liar and I will not get service untill I paid the full due eventhough i never had service at the given address
Mar 28 2017
Comcast Comcast Business Lies and Steals from hard working Americans Nationwide
DO NOT SIGN UP WITH COMCAST BUSINESS Contracts are a scam by this internet giant. They lock you into an agreement and deliver the worst customer support. The technicians lie. My internet has intermittent issues.  I have contacted comcast numerous times and they did their typical song and dance in blaming my competency and equipment. A few techs actually saw the problem. If you get a sub contractor like I did one of the times, they tell the truth and made it clear it is not just me having the issue, it is comcast's infrastructure in my area. But it would cost too much to replace it so we are stuck with an ongoing problem. I can accept this. But why lie to me? Why blame me? Why not give me a credit in the months I exprience several days of no service and call it a day?Why? Because they employ some of the most miserable reps because these people get attacked by a frustrated public. Comcast fails to own their problems and pins the consumer against their staff.   On March 3rd I cancelled my business service. I was told I would receive a refund and would NOT get penalized with a cancellation fee. 25 days later still no refund and service not cancelled. Now I am told I have to pay for this service. I did not even know I had service until today. I would have at least used it. SCAMMERS! LIARS! FRAUDS!   GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!   STOP THE THEFT!!!
Oct 19 2005
Comcast Thief, Ripoff Richmond Virginia
Comcast billing department took $96.75 out of my checking account on September 28, 2005. I notified Comcast the money was illegally taken out since I had cancelled my account on September 16th. I phoned Comcast customer service on September 28th and informed them of the unauthorized withdrawal. I also told them I needed the money returned immediately because I'm unemployed and had just enough money to cover my bills. The first rep I talked with blamed me for the withdrawal. I requested to speak with a supervisor and I was connected to a rep name Jeremy, who did his best to help me. He contacted the accounting department and someone told him they would credit my account. Jeremy called me on September 30th and informed me someone in accounting contacted him and said they would not credit my account until I returned their modem. I shipped Comcast the modem on October 3rd. They received it on October 5th. I phoned Comcast again on October 10th and talked with a rep name Patrick. He sent accounting an urgent notice to call me. No one ever called. I phoned Comcast again on October 12th and spoke with Betty. She filed my request for a refund for the third time. It's now October 19, 2005 and I still have had my money returned to my account. I've had two automatic drafts to bounce since Comcast illegally took the money from my account. I've been charged $40.00 for the drafts. Money I don't have. Comcast constantly brags about their customer service. I'm one example to show they lied. I want my money plus the overdraft penalties. Cardell Greensboro, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: Richmond, Virginia
Feb 05 2004
COMCAST RIPOFF DISHONEST FRAUDULENT BILL ARLINGTON Texas
One Saturday morning on 09/27/03 while me and my wife were at a friends house, a representative from COMCAST tapped on the and convinced us with a hot deal 6 months free high speed internet and 3 months free for cable plus a credit bonus of $150.00 as cash buy back program if we cancel the satellite service. The rate for high speed internet was to go down from $45.00 to $24.99. The deal was too good that we did not hestitate to sign up for it. The sales rep filled out the service and installation order form no 48539 which also included her rep # 43444,Ph number 214-493-3343. The nightmare started when the installers did not arrive until after 2 days after we called Comcast numerous times yet the installation was supposed to be done that very day we sighned up for it. One month later we got a bill in mail we called the Phone number on the service order form,talked to the rep who got us the deal,she told us that we should not be worried about it her supervisor will take care of it. Two months later both the cable and highspeed internet were cut off due to non payment. I went to Comcast location in Irving Tx disputed the charges and I was told that it was a vendor who gave us this deal; what they can offer is me 6 months free for high speed internet, S150.00 credit but I had to pay $128.00. Two weeks later another bill came that we have to pay $297.00. Comcast cut off the highspeed internet and cable. I tried to call the same rep who signed us the deal and the person who answered the phone said that she does not know the person we are trying to reach. There are 2 other People who were done treated the same way we were treated. It So disgusting and annoying that we have gone through this. I have just signed up with earthlinks DSL I am comfortable with it. PETER Irving, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: ARLINGTON, Texas
May 13 2004
Comcast Cable ripoff Boston Massachusetts
This Cable Monopoly Slowly and quietly is ripping off the customers in the Boston and Metro area by shobving packages down their customers thorat whcih are of poor value including channels in Russian, Japanese and spanish,plent of tv guid channesl with nothin gon them,Theie cheaper package is a little bit morre than basic, as they give us less and ask for more money. I have referred this matter for the Boston Cable VCommision which in turn did not investigate but sent my complaint over to them, thus not doing their job.Their packages and channels assigned is the worst of any city in the country for any city I have ben in,this includes the depp south. Please forward this to the right person at the FCC for their review as the local cbale regulatory agecny here is Boston are sitting on their asses and doing nothing to investigate Comcast and their unfair and illegal practies, Afeter Susan Wornick of Channel 5 informed many consumers fo the Tier Buy Package for stations many subscibers did not want on a TV Buyer Be Ware package.It seems quietly they have eliminated this Toer Buy program quietly and the only way now you will find out if you ask about as they want manysubscibers to take the most higher packages wich averages almost $90 per month.Comcast is ripping up off. Please do someting to help. Cleveland DORCHESTER, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Entity: Boston, Massachusetts
Mar 30 2004
Comcast ripoff dishonest billing Sacramento California
If I had known about this web site I would have filed this report sooner. Last Sept., 2003 Comcast came out to upgrade my cable box to digital at their request not mine. After the change out I found out I did not need a converter box to watch standard basic channels. They had descrambled their channels in August of 2002. The only reason I needed a box was for PPV. (I have never use PPV as long as I have had cable.)a month and the new digital box So, I have been paying for a Cable Box for a year when I really didn't need it. (Also, for my VCR.) The new digital box would increase my converter rental from $3.25 a month to $5.00 a month. When I called for the removal of the converter box I got the same run around as others. They said they couln't stop charges for the box until they picked it up. (which was 5 days out.) I told them I had already diconnected the box and wasn't using it. That made no difference. I wonder how many other people are paying for a cable box they don't need? Didn't the telephone company SBC get sued for this kind of practice? Earl Sacramento, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Sacramento, California
Jul 10 2003
Comcast ripoff customer service liars Illinois USA
Comcast LIARS And Customer Care Representatives Are USELESS the business that doesnt care about its customers ComCrap Westmont Illinois ..... Comcast would charge me one price, I go to pay it and I get a different price. I pay the money. They tell me they are going to turn it on. I wait for the installer to come, never comes here. I call them up to find out when it is going to be installed and now they can't find my account information. So they can bill me but not know my account information? How does that work? I ASKED ABOUT RECEIVING CREDIT ON THE ACCOUNT AND THEY TOLD ME NO. IF you ask me Comcast has horrible customer service and the Internet is Fast when it is connected. When they were ATandT Broadband the company was good never once had a problem with the Internet connection. I almost forgot to mention when I first gave them the money for the bill, they gave me a confirmation number. I called up to see why the didn't turn it on. They told me I never gave them the money. How did I get a confirmation number then? Mike Westmont, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Westmont, Illinois
May 23 2003
Comcast ripoff deceptive company Norcross Georgia
Comcast took over AT&T's cable business early this year. Under AT&T, I received the Digital Package which, in addition to Expanded Basic, included Channels 120 to 147 plus the music channels. AT&T charged $42.95 for this package. When Comcast took over, it revamped the lineup and advertised that it was improving the service by adding more channels. Comcast changed the Bronze Digital to Digital Basic, excluded the movie channels (143-147) and substituted uninteresting channels that meant nothing to me. In addition, Comcast raised its price to $49.99 and advertised that it had improved the lineup. Further, Comcast bills indicate that I still have the Digital Bronze Package which includes Music Choice, Encore and Encore Plex. I called Robin of Comcast to complain; she indicated that I should still be getting the movie channels; however, the technician wiped out my ability to get any of those channels. Comcast boasts that it provides a better deal than the Dish Networks but this is not so since Comcast is expensive and did not keep the bargain to provide me with the channels under the Digital upgrade. Presently, under Digital Basic I am paying $49.99 for Expanded Basic (2-78) plus channels like ESPN News, C-Span 3, NASA, Shop NBC and other similar channels. Glenda Douglasville, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Norcross, Georgia
Feb 27 2002
Comcast Internet Service Stinks
I am very disappointed with Comcast High Speed internet service. For the past month as they have transitioned from @ Home to Comcast I have had nothing but problems. It is difficult to ever reach a customer service rep and when you do they often are unable to help or simply put you on hold again to transfer you somewhere else. I have spent the past month trying to resolve problems with them with no success. They refuse to schedule a technician to come to my home. I have been unable to receive e-mail for the past week now. However their bills always come on time. I transitioned to this service for quicker connection to the internet. I transitioned from AOL and swapped quality for speed. Now I am paying over $50 per month for internet service that only works half the time. I have lost address books, files and never received countless emails because of the poor service of this company. I wish I could tell them to go to hell but they don't answer the phone. Steven Nashville Tennessee
Entity: Nashville, Tennessee
Aug 10 2008
Comcast Quality of cable service Chicago Illinois
I have had Comcast Cable service for the last 3 years. I have contacted them from the beginning about the service I receive on my television. I am constantly (by constantly, I mean EVERY day this happens, throughout the day) getting tiling, freezing pictures, no audio, audio with no freezing, etc. I have contacted Comcast on NUMEROUS occasions and have had numerous technicians come out to fix the problem. The last time they came out 7/24/08, their Tech Ops Supervisor (Joseph Morales) also came out to evaluate the situation. According to them, they state that one of the connectors in the box was bad and they replaced it. Imagine my surprise later that day when I experienced the SAME problem. Today while watching TV, it continued to happen throughout the entire show I was watching. I am sick of Comcast and am looking for another cable provider! There have also been occasions when my phone was dead without my knowledge! My son is currently in IRAQ through his service with the Marine Corp. I need a land line phone! In addition to several times the internet was very slow or NO internet service at all! For those of you who are having problems with their bills, I would suggest contacting the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and the Citizens Utility Board. I had to do so a few months back due to a Customer Service Rep advising my boyfriend that we would only have to pay a little additional to upgrade our internet speed. WRONG! They discontinued the Bundle Package and billed me over $400 for cable, internet & phone service! Their customer service reps and managers would NOT budge or assist me, after being a customer with these people for almost 3 years. However, after contacting the BBB, I did get that issue resolved, AFTER keeping an eye on my bill and realizing that they were STILL trying to charge me an addition $150. And how is it that faithful/long term customers don't get the great offers that they offer to NEW customers. Don't the older loyal customers deserve a break after paying bookoo bucks to these people? MaryAnn Chicago, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Chicago, Illinois
Apr 28 2009
Comcast Comcast's unexcusable negligents! Bremerton Washington
I have signed up for Comcast when I've moved to my new apartment. I picked a bundle service (cable: phone/tv/internet). The internet connection is really bad that it got to a point where I had technician come to my apt. once a week and I keep getting issue with it since the day they connected me. To top that off, I called them to put my account on seasonal plan because of my work (merchant marine) for 2 months, and the costumer rep agreed and I was told it's on seasonal. I left the day after that, I had 9 dollars automatically withdrawn from my bank to pay for the seasonal plan/month. After my job (after 2 months) I returned back to my apt. with shock to have found all these disconnection notices, and letters from a collection agency regarding my account with Comcast. I was very much so disappointed and for the lack of better word: pissed off. I called them and complained and I was told it's not their problem anymore but I have to now talk to the agency to pay my debt. I have begged and told them that it's not a fair action and the rep told me ok ma'am we will do this, have a copy of your proof that you were gone for those 2 months and we will investigate and resolve this issue. It will take a week to find a resolution to this issue, so please be patient and wait. And I sent them my Coast Guard discharges as proof. A week after that conversation, I called them and asked about the status on my current complaint. I was told they received the fax, but haven't got to it yet so I will have to wait for another week. While waiting I still keep receiving letters from the agency threatening me to pay my debt. I contacted Comcast about it and I was told I have to call them and deal with them, and so I did. I called the agency and told them what's going on. They told me if it's under investigation then why hasn't they canceled the order to them, so the agency advised me to write them a letter telling them that I'm disputing it and that it's under investigation. After I sent that, they stopped sending me threatening notices. After 3 weeks, I called them again thinking to myself that's more than enough time for them to come up with a resolution - but I was wrong. They still haven't got around to it, and I reasoned with them and begged yet again that I have to leave to work again and I won't be home in case I need to do something about it, and they said Well ma'am we're doing our best to resolve this issue but you have to give us some time. By then I was again frustrated as any time I could get a job that will not permit me to be this close to home and I've mentioned that I have consulted a lawyer and advised me to blah blah blah. And as soon as I let the L word down, the representative freaked out and told me sorry ma'am from this point I cannot help you anymore and I have to transfer you to an executive representative. And so she did. I spoke with a secretary and told me that an executive representative will contact me once she get to my case. And it's been almost 3 months, since my complaint and I still not a single call heard from them. And I have postponed my other job offer due to this matter. I have contacted them again for the last time yesterday, and the representative who I've talked to, said that I have to re-submit the documents that I've submitted before or I have to work with the collection agency myself, and that's the option I have. She said that there's no notes on there and she can't find it. So today, I am going to contact my lawyer and ask for an advice. I am sick and tired of the neglects they keep doing to me and to others. Msanonymous Bremerton, WashingtonU.S.A.
Entity: Bremerton, Washington
Jul 13 2009
Comcast class action law suit Cypress Texas
I wish an attorney would read all these complaints and file a class action law suit against Comcast. Clearly all these people at different locations can't be wrong that have the same stories. Clearly...the rip off is coming from the companies headquarters who tell their workers how to treat customers. I think there is some kind of US law that prohibits some software from Microsoft from leaving the United States and USA citizens personal information without their consent. Comcast hires employees to answer phones in third world countries like Mexico and several other places that creates a high risk for identity thieft to American consumers. All the personal information Comcast stores about you like address, SS# and bank information is routed to those call centers outside the USA. They have access to your information just like in the United States. Microsoft strictly phrohibits their software from being used outside the USA but Comcast has done it anyway. I also think there is some kind of government law that prohibits big companies from trying to dominate the market in one area. There should be more choices for consumers when selecting a cable company besides Comcast or AT&T in one area. Some areas it's only Comcast. Why are there not more cable companies out there? I have read a lot of the horror stories and I concur. It's very true. I suggest that anyone who has to do business with Comcast to record every single phone conversation with them. Post the conversation online via Youtube. Transcribe it and post it here. Comcast does lie and tell you different things ever time you call them. No matter how many times you call it seems no one is on the same page at Comcast. They all give you a different price every time you call. 2 weeks ago I was offered a $69.99 package then after calling back to ping my modem they said it was $79.99 and that the offer online ws not available in my area. Huh? But they offered it to me. Also I originally had Roadrunner cable w/ high speed internet. Then Comcast took over Roadrunner. Comcast slowly took off the Tv stations I had in my package and decreased the internet speed I had. I had no knowledge of that until about a week ago when they told me my speed was compared to DSL. I informed them I did not switch from DSL (phone line) to cable to get DSL. How stupid! I ask why my bills say high speed and I have DSL? I told them my videos lock up and my speed is dragging. Then they said well...You can upgrade to our high speed for around $59.00 a month. I said no. My package should not have changed. EVEN if it changed your videos should still run via Youtube. All I can hear is teh voice. The picture locks up. WHen in e-mail I get dropped connections. I have a log and watch the connections online and I can see when they log my computer offline. All of a sudden....No matter what I'm doing I get a blank screen. My computer is up to date. The best software. No virus. It works fine. In fact I have a NEW computer and when online it does the same things. It's all a comcast problem and they have created internet cable packages from turtle speed to lawnmower speed to car speed to try and haggle comsumers out of money. If your connected via a cable there should not be a speed issue. It should NEVER be slower than DSL or run at a speed of a 56K modem. Comsumers go to cable for speed. Not lack of speed. I think Comcast practices deceptive marketing techniques and scams comsumers into a more exspensive interent package by slowing down their connection so much that they are really barely online at all. Leaving the consumer to think they need to upgrade and give Comcast more money. They do this with all their services. The stations you get change and they tell that was a package deal. Now we can raise the price on you. When you sign up for cable you should know what package your getting and they should not be able to put things on your bill without your knowledge. I hate Comcast. They are the worst company I have ever had to do business with in my life. Their techs are stupid. It's true they hire contract labor workers to come out and fix your cable. You would think they could afford to pay a certified tech. Right? Not. I will be posting videos of my computer trying to watch a video via youtube.com while connected to Comcast (internet service). I will also post videos of my speed and connections that I am getting from Comcast and any other important information to show how this company is a rip off on Youtube. Just type Comcast or Comcast rip off. If those are taken I will will post with words that contain Comcast. I wish that some class action attorney reads this. Gets the evidence against Comcast and compensates consumers who are being screwed. BTW - My lease is up and I am moving. Comcast will be gone. Poof! Getting Direct TV and the NEW HP Mini Laptop through Verizon wireless. Direct TV $39.99 month and you get over 200 stations. Mini Laptop $199.00 down w/2 year internet service agreement that is only $39.00 a month or $59.00 a month. Take your laptop with you anywhere. Does everything the PC does. N slow connections. And YES, you get good clear live videos from Youtube!:) My solution to get rid of this horrible service I'm getting. What a waste of money. P.S. If your an attorney who reads this and want to file a class action law suit against Comcast please post links for consumers to file their own complaints. A web site link? Alias Houston, TexasU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on ComCast
Entity: Cypress, Texas
Jul 20 2009
COMCAST They lie, lie, lie Nationwide Maryland
I got the Comcast triple play three years ago. Great price, everything was fine. Once the year was up they tried to double the price. I negotiated a new price, which was fair. Every single month for the past 12 months my bill has been different. Sometimes its 20 dollars more, sometimes 50 and sometimes more. They always tell me the bill is correct, even though the history of the account shows I've never paid such an amount ever and the month before was lower. Common sense would tell you something has changed or something is wrong. Every month I'm on the phone with them for over an hour and they can't seem to give me an answer as to why it's different. On top of this, half the time my cable channels don't work at all. So they tell me I should sign up for their maintenance plan for $5.00 a month. I tell them that I shouldn't have to.I'm paying for cable and its not working. Why should I pay for a maintenance plan?? So I'm on the phone at least once a monthfinally after two weeks with NO cable or internet, they come out and fix it. Then I see a $30.00 higher bill. I call them and after an hour of waiting on hold they tell me it's a service charge for them having to send a tech out to fix the cable!!?!?! So I pay for cable/internet, it stops working (because of something on their end) and I have to pay a $30.00 service charge? Nope. Going with Verizon today. Comcast stinks. Their customer service is the worst. My wife has been in customer service for 20 years and she's never experienced anything like it. Their techs don't care and you can never speak to the same agent that promised you somethingthey'll tell you whatever to get you off the phone because even with their name and extension, you'll be talking to someone totally different next time. Jon Maryland, MarylandU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide, Maryland
Dec 27 2008
Comcast Billing Outrage Minneapolis Minnesota Nationwide
So, I'm sure there are several reports on here for the scam artist also known as Comcast. Let me tell you my story. My family and I signed up for Comcast's triple play. Phone, internet and cable television. We got a 6 month promotional deal. It was great. We had free on demand, etc. Before our 6 month trial was up, we called them and told them we wanted to down grade our cable to basic only. We didn't want to pay those outragous prices once the promotion was up. They took the information and confirmed. The next bill we got, they HAD NOT adjusted what we requested. Our bill was for well over $200. We then called Comcast, spoke to a very nice gentleman who apologized and told us to only pay what our new service required. We did that. Next month comes along. We get our next bill. Guess what?! Now we have a past due balance of the difference we didn't pay on our last bill. (Because we were told it was their error and we didn't have to) We called again. This time, a very nice woman told us she saw the error, was taking it off of our account and our billing would be right after this. She also saw that we were not on a bundle deal. She told us we should be on this so called bundle deal and readjusted our account. Next bill comes. AGAIN we have a past due amount and now it says we must pay in 10 days or our service will be interupted. Are you kidding me?! We called AGAIN. This time, the gentleman (keep in mind we've now spoken to different people every time we've called) and he said he would adjust it and have a manager call us since we were having such a hard time with our billing. The manager did finally call. 5 days later, on a Sunday night while we were out. No message was left. All we had was an 800 number on our caller ID. We called back one last time. This time we were not as pleasant as we had been the previous 4 or 5 times. We didn't get anywhere. It was pay the bill or your service will be cut off. I now owe Comcast over $300.00. Most of this bill is the past due balance for something we never had/have nor will we have in the future. We are going to pay it and then get the hell out of dodge using Comcast. I can't believe 4 different people told us they got the error fixed and each bill after that was never fixed. I am so tired of huge empire companies doing whatever they want. I saw a news report about a month ago regarding Comcast. Some poor sole was being charged a $2000 bill by Comcast. WOW. How does this company get away with all of this?! I'm paying for something I never had. Pure profit for Comcast while they run to the bank laughing. It sickens me!! Katie w Richfield, MinnesotaU.S.A.
Mar 26 2009
Comcast Overcharging Liars Danville Illinois
I checked with comcast about upgrading my internet threw their online chat. The service tech (john) said my service now was 12000 down and 1500 up and he could upgrade me to 16000 down and 2000 up for $10 more a month. John said I would need a new modem to service these new speeds and they would provide one (free) at my local office. Ok I agree to upgrade and am sent over to the sales department still online chat. A lady (dont remember her name) gets on and sees our chat about the upgrade and asks a couple questions about my account, name, address, phone # and adjusts my account to the new speeds. When shes done a popup comes up and says your new speeds will apply in 24/48hours, so I get off chat and reboot modem and pop theres my new speeds right away. So now I have my new speeds and its working great and decide that Ill call comcast and see about HD movies. Call them and they tell me my new service costs a extra $27 a month. I tell them what John has told me and they say dont need new modem yours is fine (Witch I figured this when the new speeds came) and that their sorry John told me $10 its $27. Last year they adjusted my billing. I have bundled services and they went from $114 a month to $170 a month. Ill be glad when we have more choices for High speed internet. Allen41547 danville, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Danville, Illinois