CONSUMER FIRST Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: consumer first

There may be more reports for "consumer first"

For more results perform a general search for "consumer first"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jan 16 2003
Consumer First consumer money suckers Tampa Florida
I received a letter congratulating me for a guaranteed credit line approval of $5,000.00. Of course like many other Americans trying to make ends meet, that was very tempting Only $45.00 (49.00 express). I don't remember ever having applied for a credit card, especially from this company. The letter didn't look authentic to me (now they know and probably will change its looks), so I decided to give them a call. Well low and behold, no phone number. How does one make a rational decision on an offer being made to you when you can't discuss the matter with someone affiliated with the company. I found alot of information about this Consumer First on the internet and that was enough to convince me on their credibility.......RIPOFFS! Sarah Wrangell, AlaskaU.S.A.
Jan 14 2003
Consumer First rip-off consumer fraud Tampa Florida
Thanks to Rip-off-report i saved myself some money. Next time i get another letter sounding too good to be true,I'll know where to check it out. Instead of tearing up these letters, send them back letting these people know there's some people out there not willing to be taken. Oh,, put a few choice words on the letter to get your point across. Penny portage, IndianaU.S.A.
Jan 15 2003
CONSUMER FIRST Scam consumer fraud ripoff TAMPA Florida
Consumer First sent me a letter about a cusumer card for 5,000 dollars.I was excited about the whole thing.It sounded great.To find out later it was to good to be true.With no phone number to contact them about questions i got on the computer to check it out.Come to find out I discovered it was a fraud.I have been ripped off before so thank you people out there for letting people like me and others know about this scam from Consumer First. Shawn 68781, NebraskaU.S.A.
Entity: TAMPA, Florida
Jan 10 2003
Consumer First rip-off consumer fraud Tampa Florida
I am one of the unlucky ones. I found this website too late. I have already sent my check to this company-Consumer First for rush delivery of what I thought was a real credit card and it was cashed about three weeks ago. I still haven't received anything either. I am planning on returning the catalog that everyone has been writing about and calling the numbers for a refund. Does anyone know any other way to try and get my $49 I wrote a check for back? Please, next time you get a deal that seems too good to be true, check ripoff.com. Thanks for the help ripoff.com because without these reports I would have never known what a fraud this company is. Jo Round Rock, TexasU.S.A.
Jan 10 2003
Consumer First ripoff consumer fraud ripoff Tampa Florida
I also received a guaranteed platinum credit card with a limit of $5,000. I searced on the internet for more information regarding this company and I found absolutely NOTHING but reports of the RIPOFF webset. Keep your money. Angela Erie, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Feb 03 2003
Consumer First consumer fraud ripoff Tampa Florida
I sent 49.00 dollars for membership for a credit card.Consumer First cashed my check on 1-17-03 and I never recived my credit card.I can`t get a phone# to ahold of them I`m very pissed off this company needs to be STOPED!!!! Dean Unionville, MichiganU.S.A.
Jan 01 2003
consumer first rip-off consumer fraud tampa Florida
I applid to this creadit card offer that came in the mail and come to find out I am pruty sure that they have riped me off out of 49.00 dollars angela shawnee, OklahomaU.S.A.
Entity: tampa, Florida
Jan 06 2003
Consumer First consumer rip-off fraud Tampa Florida
I got lucky and did some research on them I had went and got the money order to send them and then went online and found out there a ripoff ..... I WAS CLOSE TO GETTING RIPED OFF FROM THEM I EVEN WENT AND BOUGHT THE MONEY ORDER AND PUT IT IN THE ENVLOPE THEN I WENT ONLINE AND SEEN ALL THE RIPPOFF REPORTS THANK YA'LL FOR REPORTING THEM I HOPE NOW THIS WILL HELP SOMEONE ELSE RICHARD WAGNER WILLIS, TexasU.S.A.
Jan 27 2003
Consumer First consumer rip-off fraud Tampa Florida
i was thrilled to recieve this gaurentee thinking i was going to recieve a credit card me and my family are trying to purchase a home and i thought i would use this to furnish the home with things we need,i am so glad i looked into it befor sending my 50.00 $$ to this big hoax .... Melissa bainbridge, OhioU.S.A.
Oct 09 2002
Consumer First ripoff consumer fraud Tampa Florida
I RECEIVED A PRE APPROVAL FOR A PLATINUM CARD WITH A $5,000 LIMIT AND 0% APR FOR THE FIRST 12 MONTHS WITH A $45 PROCESSING FEE. I WENT ONLINE AND CHECKED OUT YOUR WEBSITE, BECAUSE THERE WAS NO WEBSITE FOR CONSUMER FIRST. THANKS TO THIS WEBSITE, I WILL NOT RESPOND TO THIS ADVERTISEMENT. KIM WARREN, Ohio
Feb 19 2003
Consumer First consumer fraud ripoff Tampa Florida
I was really overjoyed when i got a mail from the Consumer First,Tampa,Florida, offering to give me a Platinum-visa credit card with a credit limit of 5000 dollars and 0% introductory APR. I mailed a check payment of 45 dollars which was supposed to be my membership fee,upto now am still waiting for the credit card-five weeks down the line.Any effort to bring the fraudulent and unscrupulous operators of Consumer First to justice will be appreciated. Ezekiel Gaithersburg, MarylandU.S.A.
Feb 16 2003
Consumer First scam consumer fraud ripoff Tampa Florida
I reveived an acceptance certificate congratulating me to receive a Consumer First platinum card with a credit limit of $5,000, with 0% APR for 1st 12 months. In order to receive this platinum card there was a one-time only membership fee of $45.00. To good to be true, it is. Printed on the form was no application or credit check necessary. In reading between the fine lines no one out there is going to process a credit limit of $5,000.00 without any obtaining any financial history. Sad thing in order to expedit rush processing and delivery they are trying to obtain an additional $4.00 and have indicated that your request cannont be processed without this fee. This consumer fraud needs to be stopped so that honest tax paying citizens are not taken advantage of. Luckily I was able to detect this ripoff and did not fall for this scam. Maria Columbus, OhioU.S.A.
Mar 11 2003
Consumer First ripoff consumer fraud ripoff Tampa Florida
We received the exact letter from your file. I can't belive we fell for this. We were trying to rebuilt our credit and just purchased a new truck when this bullsh*t came in the mail. I only hope I can get them in time. I haven't received any of their worthless crap yet, they just made off with our $45 bucks. Sean Hubbard, OhioU.S.A.
Mar 16 2003
Consumer First ripoff Tampa Florida
i was suppose to get a credit card ( master card ) but all i got was a catolge to order from. i paid $49.00 for a credit card and i recieved Nothing in return Melanie Harrison, ArkansasU.S.A.
Entity: Consumers First, Florida
Feb 19 2003
Consumer First, (National First) rip-off Tampa Florida
I was one of the unfortunate ones who believed what I was reading and sent a $49.00 check for what was supposed to be a $5000.00 credit card. I am a single mom who cannot afford to give money away, especially to those who have no conscience about ripping anyone off, no matter who they are. I guess I'm one of the luckier ones who did not give my information over the phone and had to close their bank account. Does anyone know how to get a refund when it's a check? This site gives you information if you had paiod over the phone but not by check. I learned a valuable lesson for the future, DO NOT trust everything you read!!!! Too Trusting Seattle, WashingtonU.S.A.
Nov 23 2003
Consumer Preferred/Consumer First ripoff, credit card scam Tampa Florida
I received a certification letter for a guaranteed credit card with a $5,000 credit limit from Consumer Preferred (formally known as Consumer First). The only fee was a $45 or $49 (rush) processing fee that was guaranteed to be returned if not satisfied. I wrote the check on 11/3/03 and it was cashed 11/10/03. To this date I have not received anything in the mail regarding my card. I decided to search the internet for a web site or phone # since one was not provided (should have been my first clue). I found a web site that is not valid and close to 100 entries regarding this company on this rip off site. People have complained of not receiving any info, receiving a cataloge instead of a credit card, only getting an answering machine that says to call back during normal business hours regardless of the time your calling, one person was lucky enough to get a person and was promised their refund check only to receive a check that was stop paid. Most people think they have no recourse......this is not entirely true. I encourage us all to contact your Better Business Bureau, Federal Trade Commission, even a consumer law firm to encourage a class action suit. Some firms take your business without you having to make direct payment to them as they take their fee out of whatever money is received in settlement. The American Consumer is not powerless to scam artists such as these! Please contact me through the rebuttal key if you receive or find any other info on this matter. I refuse to let my $49 slip away. Amy Cleveland, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Jan 19 2004
Peoples Credit First, Consumer Preferred, Consumer First Companies sued by Federal Trade Commission, Receiver Appointed Tampa Florida
The Federal Trade Commission sued Peoples Credit First, LLC and Consumer Preferred, LLC, f/k/a Consumer First, LLC, On November 10, 2003. The same day, the FTC received a Temporary Restraining Order from the Federal District Court in which the case was filed. The TRO enjoined Peoples Credit First and Consumer Preferred from further violations of Section 5 of the FTC Act, froze all of their bank accounts, and appointed a Receiver for the companies and charged him with investigating their activities. The Receiver has determined that the business of Peoples Credit First and Consumer Preferred will not be operated henceforth, and he is returning all new membership fees to the consumers who sent them. Existing customers of Peoples Credit First and Consumer Preferred will not receive any refunds unless and until (i) the FTC ultimately prevails in its lawsuit, and(ii) the Receiver is able to liquidate the assets of Peoples Credit First and Consumer Preferred and raise funds to distribute. Consumers with specific questions may e-mail the Receiver. Mark J. Bernet, Receiver - Tampa, Florida U.S.A. Mark Tampa, FloridaU.S.A.
Nov 03 2002
consumer first aka peoples first consumer almost caught me, big joke tricks and lies false promises fraudulent ripoff Tampa Florida
i guess i was one of the lucky ones, we put 2 and 2 together and looked this great deal up hopes for a christmas and home repairs, then we saw and read all the stories and looked at this paper and it was not a credit card! only it was not written for people to understand at a first excited glance, then it became a horrible event as we read on about all these people we were glad we looked this so called company up first. No return phone numbers, only slight difference is they reversed there name and changed there po box # how can people be so deceitful and let families who need a break and deserve something good for themselves and there families crush there dreams and destroy any trust and take there little but needed money. This is one of the most rotten things to do i hope people look at these reports first i am glad we did. Before they take there last $50.00 for the month and expect something huge besides the actual headache and misfortune of this very raw deal through this wanna be gonna be rich sob's!!!! ashley lewis, New York
Jan 27 2003
Consumer First Aka First Consumer RIP-OFF WARNING! SAME COMPANY Tampa Florida ..Thank You Rip-off Report
Thanks to badbusinessbureau.com I was able to stumble across another potential scam. I received a letter that was an EXACT copy of their example letter. I was suspicious as I noticed no guarantee of a credit card, just a platinum card. I continued to look over the letter and noticed no phone number and no listed terms and conditions on the letter. All there was was a statement of Terms and Conditions included in your Membership package. We became very excited as my credit is not good at this time and we thought to use it to help resolve an issue that we could pay but would help if we could pay it off faster. After bouncing it around, I decided to do a web search. I placed in the words Consumer+First. But I couldn't find anything on that name (the plus sign means the search must include both words). What I kept finding was First Consumer notices. I decided to take a look. I saw one good report out of seven I read but again, nothing that really showed me it was the same company. So I then decided to check out this website because I was sure it was a scam even if I didn't find anything on Consumer First. I clicked on the link that led to the UPDATED info How to deal with phony credit cards;lo and behold. An exact replica of my letter right down to the signature. I got lucky. I know it. But we all need to know that First Consumer and Consumer First are the same companies. Here are the hints I look for when deciding if an offer is legitimate. 1. No terms and conditions listed? Not a credit card. 2. No Visa/Mastercard or similar symbol? Probably not a credit card. 3. No toll free phone number? ALL valid credit card companies want you to keep in touch. It saves them money tracking you if you are late and helps resolve your complaints quicker. (Yes, I know but believe me, they don't always go out of your way to be a pest.) 4. Does your letter say Member of FDIC? No? If it's a bank, I wouldn't put money in it. That's the symbol that protects banks from losing money and going bankrupt. Remember those recent times? I do. 5. No Email address? Again, it has become an important tool in banking these days and credit cards are banking. If the too good to be true credit card offer doesn't have an e-mail address, odds are, they don't want to be contacted. Why? Good question. Not a valid offer. 6. Hey remember when they say reserved a card for you? Notice that letter never says credit card in it? Maybe because they only want you to think it is a credit card. My letter is long but I hope it helps. If you think my advice is bad, give me a call, I used to sell vacation spots and could probably offer you a few condos. Good luck folks and remember, research and wonderful websites like these are our best tools for protection and getting back on our feet! Thanks again! Jessica Arlington, TexasU.S.A.
Mar 09 2003
Consumer First ripoff consumer fraud ripoff consumer rip-off fraud corruption Tampa Florida
I recieved this Guaranteed Approval for Platinum Card! No phone number to make inquires and so I looked them up and sure enough! They are rip-offs! they ask me to send them 45 dollars one Time membership fee or 49 for rush! Dave 45505, OhioU.S.A.
May 09 2003
Consumer First ripoff Tampa Florida
I was sent a letter in the mail saying that I was approved for a Platinum Credit card with a 5,000 credit limit and to rush my card I would have to send them 49.00 and for standard deliver 45.00. So I sent them 45.00(money order) and I got the book and the card 3 weeks later. I am gonna take some action I going to sue them for false advertisement. Tasha St.Cloud Sarasota,Florida Tasha Sarasota, FloridaU.S.A.
May 16 2003
Consumer First ripoff Tampa Florida
I sent in a check for rush processing for the Consumer First Visa Card on April 28, 2003. It is now May 16, 2003. Still no credit card. Went on internet to look for web site to contact them. There is no website and I found the rip-off happened to someone else. I hope I can get my money back and warn others of this scam. Randolph devils lake, North DakotaU.S.A.
Feb 17 2004
Consumer First ripoff Tampa Florida
WELL THEY SAID IT WAS AROUND $50.00 FOR THE CARD WITH OUR UNDERSTANDING IT WAS A REGUAL CREDIT CARD WHEN WE GOT IT THEY TOOK MORE MONEY OUT OF THE BACK THEY HAVE COSTED ALMOST $400.00 DALLARS AND WE CANT EVEN USE THE CARD. THE ONLY WAY WE CAN ORDER ANYTHING IS WITH A DOWN PAYMENT SO ITS NOTHING LIKE THEY HAD TOLD ME.SO I WOULD LIKE MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Andrew fortuna, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Sep 11 2003
CONSUMER FIRST ripoff TAMPA Florida
My name is Shana Williams. and I live in Seattle,Wa and I have sent for a plantium card and they said that it will take up to 3 to 4 weeks and they said that they needed $100.00 dollars for the memebertship fee and I sent it to them and they said that it will take up to 3 to 4 weeks and it has been 8 weeks and I still haven't gotten it. I had called a bank and they said that it sounded like a rip off because they said that it usually takes up to 2 weeks to 4 weeks to get the card and I still haven't gotten it and I need my money back because I need things and they even sent me something telling me that I have a card waiting and I have been waiting every since. and I think that if I don't get my money back I will sue them for the rip-off and maybe even more like the 5000.00 that they were supposed to send me . Thank You Shana SEATTLE, WashingtonU.S.A.
Entity: TAMPA, Florida
Jul 17 2003
Consumer First rip-off scam dirt bags Tampa Florida
I sent Consumer First a $49 rush processing fee for what I thought was going to be a credit card; only to recieve (over a month later) a catalogue with a crap card that I could only use with their company. I also sent everything back to them for their GUARANTEED refund if I was not satisfied and that has been over two months ago. I was totally ripped off, don't let it happen to you!!!!!!!!!!!! Angie Lowell, OhioU.S.A.

Showing 51-75 | Showing Page 3 of 5,058