CREDIT ACCEPTANCE Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: credit acceptance

There may be more reports for "credit acceptance"

For more results perform a general search for "credit acceptance"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Apr 17 2017
Credit Acceptance unnecessary repo Southfield Michigan
I am very upst with the way CREDIT ACCEPTANCE has been handling thier business...  My car was repoed back in I believe Sept. 2016 for non payment, which is understandable because i was late.. I had to pay $520 to get my car back.. I payed the $520 to credit acceptance and had to drive from Romulus all the way to Flint to get my car. when i got there it took them 45 min to tell me my car wont start n smells like wires are burning.. there was nothin wrong with the car before they towed it.. they said i would have to tow the car (from flint to romulus would cost alot of money for towing).. couldnt afford to tow so i had to leave the car there nd file a report.. Finally at the end of Dec. they called n said they fixed it and I could come pick my car back up after I pay another $520.. Well I payed the $520 again and go to Flint to get my car.. now this is where there get over on me.. I had a payment due the 17th of March.. I was a couple days late so they charged me a late fee..I owed 550 now ok fine I paid it on the 21st of March.. so now i got until April 17th to pay again.. So I thought.. i woke up on April 10th to find my car has been repoed again.. I am very upset and hurt because every time i turn around its something with these people.. Making my life hard.. Im a single mother n have to work.. I call Credit Acceptance to find out why the repoed my car again it hasnt been a whole month since my last payment.. They told me I was suppose to make another payment date which I was not aware of since my payment date was the 17th and that since I was late I was suppose to pay the car off in full.. which made no sense at all because they told me over the phone to just pay the $550 that included the late fee.. everytime i call to talk to someone they say something different..Now they want me to pay another $520to get out of repo.. i dnt think i should have to go threw this it hasnt been a month... I need a Lawyer immediately.. can someone Please help me or refer me to someone who can.. Thank You
27, Report #519406
Nov 04 2009
CREDIT ACCEPTANCE CORPORATION Credit Acceptance Corporation did not honor their use car warranty. Internet
My husband purchased a 2001 Chrysler 300M in November 2008. In April of 2009 the car began having overheating problems.  First it was diagnosed as a bad water pump.  Credit Acceptance paid for that because it only cost them $100.  Then again it overheated beginning in August.  This time it was diagnosed as needing a new head gasket which cost a whopping $1170.  The waranty company sent someone out to the repair shop to look at the car and based on their findings, stated that since the problem wasn't internal, they would not cover it.  Since when does a car overheating not consist of an internal problem.  So me and my husband had to come out ofpocket $1170.  Needless to say, the car is still overheating and the problem the car is diagnosed with now is needing a head cylinder.  The warranty is not covering this either.  Please do not deal with Credit Acceptance Center or anything they have to offer.  Their customer service is always rude, and they don't honor their contract agreements.  Yes some people have poor credit which is why they turn to this company but I don't think that people should be disrespected and taken advantage of because they have poor credit, especially when they are trying to get their credit together.  My husband still has a carnote with this crappy company.  He's paying them $300 a month for a car that is sitting in the drive way because we can't afford to have it repaired and the warranty won't pay.  Beware of Credit Acceptance Corporation..ripoff snakes!
Entity: , Internet
May 30 2008
Wachovia - Credit Acceptance Corp Collected on money not owed Credit Acceptance Corp Roanoke, Virginia
Credit Acceptance Corps (Wachovia) collections department called me several times a day for over three months. I had contacted Wachovia's fraud department concerning a bill I had received from a creditor, which shouldn't have been billed in the first place. This bill took place well after I had closed my account at Wachovia!!! The fraud department agreed with me and eliminated the amount due from that incident. The Resolution Team refused to honor or even communicate with their fraud department. Finally I got so very tired of dealing with them that I paid the $60.00. How come more than a month AFTER I paid them are they still calling me to collect? Gary Houston, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Roanoke, Virginia
Apr 24 2009
Credit Acceptance If they say credit acceptance RUN AWAY FAST!!! Southfield, Michigan
Credit Acceptance is a total scam, on there website they say 100% Approval Guaranteed, so I contacted on of there dealers. They just bring in a recent check stub, and phone bill. I am not going to lie I do make really good money, but I had some medical issues, and with my medical pay not even being enough to pay my house payment. My credit got crashed to the bottom. I have been back at work for around a year, and was trying to rebuild my credit, that was the reason for going to there dealer. They put me in the cheapest car on the lot, on Saturday with a LARGE down payment. Well on Monday the dealer called and said Credit Acceptance did not believe my income. They wanted tax returns, so I sent them. The next day they contacted my employer and asked them for a letter stating how long I have been with the company, job title, and salary. They sent them a letter , with the CEO signing the letter. About two hours after, the letter was sent that was not going to work. They wanted my employer to send a full report of my salary , and it had to how that it was printed on the companies payroll system. Ok I had to call several people at the corp, office to get this. They all said we have never had to do this before, and I could not find anyone in payroll that could print it showing that it was from the companies system. Well after calling around corporate for about 2 hours I finally got payroll's manager, finally someone that could get what I needed . They faxed it right to me, and I sent it in. I was thinking after all of that everything should be fine. Well guess what the next day I got another call wanting my bank statements for the last year. Ok I had that at home , so I ran home and got the file and took it back to work, and faxed it all in. They showed deposits for each month around $4000.00 sometime more. So that was not good enough. They still was treating me like scum, making like comments like you cant bring home that much. I replied as nicely as I could that they better watch what they say , and I don't know what kind of person you think you are dealing with but I will not deal with that kind of S*** .The lady on the phone hung up on me, then I got another phone call , CA wanted copies from my employer of my last six pay checks that I had cashed. At that point I was thinking everything I have been though and now they want me to do more. At that point I could not deal with it anymore. I said I am not dealing with payroll to kill another day to get this, if you cant approve me on what I have already sent than just for get it. I did advise them that they where committing false advertising that has been over a week ago I still have the car, but the loan has not been approved. I called the dealer and said Ill bring the car back just give me my down payment back. We they said just wait and we will get it worked out. I still have the car but I called CA just today and they had another list of things for me to send. They I was told the loan was still not approved or funded. What do I do, I mean the dealer has my money and don't want me to bring the car back. But they bank has not paid them. I just cant understand all of this. RL Dalton, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Mar 18 2010
Credit Acceptance Credit Acceptance repo'd our car even though we made the payments Internet, Michigan
My husband and I bought a car and financed it through Credit Acceptance. We've made several payments through Western Union and also by phone with check card. Then on a friday a ruck backs into my driveway, an hour before we are due to take our son to a cardiology appointment for a follow up on his heart surgery. The many who is from Quicksilver Recovery informs us he is there upon request of his contractor Credit Acceptance to reposses our vehicle because we are $900 dollars in arears. Despite calling local law enforcement, and talking to the company on the phone, we have no choice but to let the repo man take the car, but with a verbal agreement from an agent at credit acceptance that if we can fax over reciept and bank account info proving we made the payment that they would have the car brought back because of company error. So my son has missed his appointment and we're calling all over to get rides to the bank to get paperwork proving our payments. Once at the bank we fax the papers over, not once, not twice but three times until they get it. So upon calling back in reference to having our car returned the lady I spoke to laughed at me and asked if I was retarded because everyone knows they do not get thier car back after it has been reposessed. I then state the representatives name I spoke to and stated what he had told me and she referred me back to the company who put me on hold for 10 minutes and referred me back to the lady who called me retarded. So in the end after being bounced around the phone line and insulted they tell us if we want our car back we have to go get it, in Manasses, a 2 hour drive from my home. My husband then has to call out and get a ride all the way to Manasses Va. to pick up our car, and only mode of transportation, misses a whole days wages at work, and ends up waiting three hurs for the man who owns the lot to get back from Hanover County. Our experience with this company has been absolute horrible, they deserve a class action lawsuit as I see many similar stories. I deserve to have this removed from my credit being that the mistake made was the company and no fault of my own. I wouldn't entrust my dogs life to this company or even that of a common sewer rat.
Entity: Internet, Michigan
Feb 23 2010
Credit Acceptance CAC Credit Acceptance financed vehicle without title, vehicle sold with forged carfax...important link inside. Southfield, Michigan
Firstly, a well researched and irrefutable article on CAC's buisness practices, to help you make an informed decision about using them as a financing source... http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/display.php?id=16926 Credit Acceptance provided funding for my vehicle without ensuring that the dealer partner who signed the paperwork was able to obtain a title for the car.  I went to the DMV and tried to change the address on my registration, they told me that proof of ownership would be required when the registration needed to be renewed next year...After talking to the dealer and credit acceptance, both blaming each other, I do not have the required proof of ownership information to register the vehicle. After realizing that I would be unable to register my vehicle, I decided to try selling it by using an investment account of mine to pay off the car and hopefully release the title.  After taking my payoff amount, credit acceptance told me that it would take them 30 days to get me my title...35 days after funds were taken from my bank account, I have no title, and credit acceptance continues to refer me to a variety of reps who tell me that the title is being processed without providing an ETA. Along with the 20% interest rule 78 loan and a top dollar price for a car that was mediocre at best, the dealer partner who sold the vehicle and loan utilized an incomplete carfax(omitted second page) to attempt to prove the car was accident free.  When my first buyer showed up to look at the car and ran a carfax...it came back dirty, rear end collision damage. The vehicle has encountered a number of very extreme mechanical problems some of which have been very costly repairs and resulted in costly towing fees. Among mechanical problems encountered... Engine Replacement, Transaxle Replacement, Catalytic Converter & Oxygen Sensor Replacment, 2 Batteries, Fuel Leak, Brake Failure(sudden onset, highway speeds, brake hose popped) The warranty company which covers the car and has a partnership with CAC has repaired the 2 major(engine and transaxle) failures with parts which are clearly much older than the originals, as evidenced by excessive corrosing, poor compression on the new engine, and the transaxle turns fluid black and burnt in only 2000 miles. CAC financed this vehicle, despite the apparent lack of a title, and the accident damage at a wildly inflated price(170% of KBB's excellent condition value), my only saving grace has been a stable salaried job that makes enough money to cover all these costs. I went for this loan knowing I was getting the short end of the deal in an attempt to build credit, assuming that the car would be reliable and would hold its resale value well enough that I wouldn't loose every dime I spent.  I got nothing but a worthless car without a title, and a bunch of big repair bills.
Mar 22 2007
Credit Acceptance Double the Trouble with Credit Acceptance Corp Livonia southfield Michigan
I also had car fiananced through credit acceptance in 2001. One month after purchasing the car it needed a timing chain. This was covered by the warrenty at the time. But soon after the warrenty expired the whole car started to fall apart. After paying repair bills to keep the car running i didnt have nothing left for the car payment. So aftr a being behind a couple of months I asked them to come get the car, they said they didnt want the car just their money. I told them i didnt have the money so therefor come and get your car; that never took place. I eventually had to stop paying for the car altogether because had to get another car. I started recieving collection notices from Credit Acceptance towards the end of 2005 for the balance owed on the vehicle which was around $2,600. I contacted them to make payment arrangments on the outstanding balance not one, not twice, not just three times but in all nin times. The last person i spoke with told me that i need to make a four hundred down payment and they would accept two hundred a month to pay it off. I told them i didnt have that type of money and offered $100.00 down and $50 per month she told me that they are unwilling to accept that, I then suggested again to come and get the car. anyways they ended taking me to court for double the amount owed and the orginal cost og the car. Carol Detroit, MichiganU.S.A.
Sep 09 2015
Credit Acceptance credit acceptance is nothing but a scam! La Quinta california
I got a car for around $3,000 financed through credit acceptance. I drove around the block the car seemed fine. It was ugly but I was desperate. I put a down payment on the car and drove off the lot. In just a few days the car broke down and continued to break down before I even made my car payment. I tried to explore options, and I talked to credit acceptance and even battled all the way to the owner of the car lot (I didn't know about lemon laws back then, or many of my rights) so because I couldn't come to a resolve, I stopped paying.   This was in 2007.. fast forward I had a child that died in 2012 and have been off of work from 2012-2015 but prior to that I was on the same job from 2008-2012, anyways they claimed they served me at an address where I lived in 2007 but had not lived there since prob around 2008. Its funny how they can find your money but not you to serve you. In the state of California you can't be sewed if you can't be served so they simply send someone out to serve you and lie and say you were served.   I finally after over a year of looking got a job this past march and credit acceptance is garnishing my wages, and the $3,000 they claim is now $9,000   People you have rights!!! if you were served the judgement can be thrown out and wage garnishment set aside and you can even fight the debt. I hired a lawyer! these people ripped me off and now are taking my money and I have a one year child!   For anyone looking here is the name of the lawyers representing me, Higbee & Associates, and they do offer payment arranagments and reasonable rates.
Entity: Nationwide
Aug 12 2007
Asset Acceptance Credit Abuse, wrong credit information Warren Michigan
This company have the wrong credit information they will not let me speak with a manager they accused me of opening up a account that i have no knowledge of. Latasha muhammad dolton, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Warren, Michigan
Feb 18 2005
Asset Acceptance Ripoff extortion Warren Internet
The Asset Acceptance LLC Story: Monday February 7, 2005 I came home from work and had a letter from a company called Asset Acceptance LLC. It was a letter informing me that I was in collection to them for $314.36. I thought this was really odd since I had just gotten a mortgage back in August. At that time, my mortgage broker and myself went over my credit report several times. We cleaned it up and I paid off some additional debt, but this figure of $314.36 was nowhere on that report. The next morning while at work, I decided to call this company to find out about this collection letter. My first thought was that I had been a victimn of identity theft, but I knew I needed to speak to someone before jumping to conclusions. February 8, 2005 at 9:58am: I called and was transferred to a man named Jack Earle. I quietly and calmly explained to Mr. Earle that I was unfamiliar with this particular debt and asked for more information. At all times throughout the conversation (and a subsequent one several hours later), Mr. Earle was loud, rude, and obnoxious. He yelled at me, ridiculed me and tried to make me feel foolish. Apparently this company believes that instilling fear and anger in a customer is the best way to get paid. How wrong they are. Anyway,I explained to Mr. Earle that I believed that this debt was not mine. He asked me if I was Laura B. Gorman, I said I was. He then recited my social security number and asked if it was mine, again, I said it was. He then said yeah, you thought this was identity fraud didn't you? Well it isn't, and you owe us $314.36. I asked him what company I owed this to, he said it was from an Associates Mastercard/Visa from 1993. I explained to him as best I could (although it's difficult o get a word in edgewise when dealing with Mr. Earle) that I had paid this debt many, many years ago. He then got very loud and rude and told me that he didn't care how old the debt was, the most important thing was that I owed the debt. I explained to him that if in fact the debt was mine I would happily pay it and pay it in full, but that I would need verification of this debt before I went about writing random checks to random people at random companies for a 15 year old debt that I believed had been padioff many, many years ago. Mr. Earle did not like that response and loudly told me to just pay the bill Laura, you know you owe it he then wanted me to write him a check for $300 or I was wasting his time, at that point, I have to admit, I laughed at him. Mr. Earle was being ridiculous and we both knew it. However, Mr. Earle did not find the humor in the situation whatsoever and said well you know what? Thanks for calling in because now I have your work number, he then repeated that I was wasting his time and hung up on me. Immediately after his phone call I went on line and did some research. I found that according to the FDCPA, AAL is required to provide me with validation of this debt. Meaning that they must show me where and how this debt came to them. It was further stated that I can request this information of them over the phone or in writing. I also looked in Statute of Limitations and found out some interesting things. Firstly, SOL only covers lawsuits, not debt collections, but if forced to go to court, this would be helpful information. I then set about finding out the SOL for Massachusetts where the debt originated; it is 6 years. Rhode Island where I currently live; 10 years. And lastly, Michigan where Mr. Earle was calling from; 6 years. I also set about trying to prove that I had paid this debt. I had several things in my favor, the least of which being that I got a mortgage through a reputable, established loan company (Sallie Mae) just this past August. The second thing was that I request my credit reports every 3 months from each of the three credit bureaus, so I KNOW my credit history. While at my desk, looking aroudn on-line for any helpful information, my phone rang, and thus began Jack Earle's harassment of me. It was precisely 11:41 am. I answered the phone by stating my full name, I heard a pause and then Jack Earle's familiar loud voice screamed Hey LAURA I FOUND OUT WHERE YOU WORK-AND THAT'S GREAT BECAUSE THAT IS JUST ONE PIECE OF THE PUZZLE. NOW I CAN TRACK YOU DOWN ANYWHERE. (please note that I work for a major university and if you know my first or last name, you can look me up right on-line, hardly the move of genius, it's not like I'm trying to hide!) Mr. Earle then went on to loudly proclaim that he's very good at what he does and he WILL get this money from me. Told me that instead of arguing over the amount of time that has passed I need to just pay the bill. I explained to him that I had already paid the bill and that I would be happy to prove that to a lawyer a judge, but not him. He told me that if this was paid in full it was my burden to prove it, I explained that it was not my problem and he told me that he was going to aggressively pursue this debt and ruin my credit if I didn't write him a check for the $300.00. He then told me that I was wasting his time and hung up on me. Again. That night I went home and combed over my credit reports from the last year. It was good news and bad news: there was no mention anywhere of this credit card or this collection company. So it's good in that it shows that it's not on my credit report but what's bad about that is that it doesn't show that it's paid...and it doesn't show if it wasn't paid either. So it's really anyone's guess what judge would say. However, being an educated consumer, I knew that I had some rights. The idea that a company can just call you up out of the blue some 15 years after a debt was incurred and demand payment is absoltuely beyond my comprehension. I think that the fact that I paid it is almost irrelevant, to me the insult lies in that they can harrass and come after you at any time for any thing and it's somehow legal? So like I said, I went over my credit reports and found nothing to indicate anything either way. No phone call from Mr. Earle on Wednesday, February 9th. Thursday, February 10, 2005 I mailed Mr. Earle a certified letter asking him to please provide validation of the debt in accordance with the FDCPA. I further asked that he no longer call me at work and to communicate with me only through the mail. It is now February 18, 2005 and I have not heard from him yet. However, I have followed all the rules: I wrote to them within the 30 days and am hoping that this resolves itself as I am trying to buy another home. I have no idea how this is all going ot unfold, but I will say this, if I owe this money, I will pay it immediately. However, I will not allow ANYONE to call my work, scream at me and demand cash from me or they are going to ruin me. To me this sounds a lot like blackmail and I believe in my heart that no judge in the world is going to stand for the harrassment and extortion of a decent human being. This company is disgraceful and the people that work at this company should be ashamed of themselves. It's one thing to be a debt collector, it's quite another to be a mean, nasty person to a perfect stranger. The bottom line is that I am ready to go to court if need be. I have no intention of letting these creeps steamroll over me because they think they can. Not going to happen. And that is my Asset Acceptance LLC story. I know there are more out there! Laura Providence, Rhode IslandU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
Jul 26 2007
Asset Acceptance Credit Reporting Warren Michigan
I have made several attempts to validate an entry on my credit report because I believe that it is not mine. The debt was supposed to belong to Household/Orchard (HSBC) Bank originally. I wrote HSBC directly and asked for documentation of the debt. They removed the entry from my file. Asset Acceptance purchased the debt, but is refusing to validate it or remove it from my file. Numerous attempts via written correspondence to get them to honor my rights per the FCRA have proven unsuccessful. My efforts have been met with statements generated from their office, stall letters, and just simply being ignored. I have also disputed this debt with all three of the CRAs who claim that the debt has been verified, however, none have been able to provide me with any proof, or documentation. I also have a letter from the original creditor apologizing for the inconvenience of the entry being on my file in the first place. Asset Acceptance has been totally uncooperative and has exercised blatant disrespect for the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Trich701 Dallas, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Warren, Michigan
Aug 28 2004
National Credit Acceptance rip-off! Sacramento California
dear sirs: This collection organization has no sense of decency. they are telling me for the past three years my wife I are related to a person who owes them money. I have been told I and my wife are lying, after repeated attempts to have have them stop they, nca have sent a subpoena demanding evidence about this persons affairs. We have told we have no idea who she is. we have an appointment with a lawyer wed. Gregory victorville, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Sacramento, California
Jul 06 2007
Credit Acceptance Corp. Harassing employer to gain access to employee information Southfield Michigan
Credit Acceptance Corp. is harassing us, as the employer of one of their account holders. The company has engaged in 3 to 4 phone calls a day trying to contact an employee. We have verbally informed them to cease and desist. We have sent a registered formal letter demanding that they cease and desist. They informed us that untill we gave them another number to reach this employee by they would not stop calling! The only step left is to file a formal complaint with our State Attorney Generals office but I am not certain that will do any good as this is not fraud, it is harassment. Naomi Elko, NevadaU.S.A.
Oct 28 2006
Credit Acceptance Corp dishonest scam of repair warranty and reposession Southfield Michigan
My name is Lytonia. I financed a 2001 dodge ram through credit acceptance. They told me if anything goes wrong with this vehicle that I can call (wynn's warranty company). Yeah right, scam scam scam. The contract said that they warranty internal lubed parts in the motor. My husband Jesse and I took it to a repair shop when the motor went bad. oil was everywhere. The inspector said it was lack of maintaining oil changes. We showed them that we got the oil changed by dodge every 2 months. they still did not honor the warranty and snatched the truck. Now is this right? I think not. Please people do not finance through credit acceptance. or use wynns warranty insurance. Lytonia birmingham, AlabamaU.S.A.
Oct 27 2006
Credit Acceptance Corporation 6 YEARS LATER, CAC STILL RIPPING ME OFF!!! Southfield Michigan
In May of 2000 I purchased a car that was financed through Credit Acceptance. Due to a divorce and loss of income my vehicle was repossessed in 2003. I received a letter from CAC stating that I owed $1800 after it was sold at an auction. Due to a pending divorce settlement that went on for years I was unable to pay it in full at that time. During the these years CAC sent me several settlement letters offering to settle the debt for as little as $700. I did not reply as I needed to wait until the divorce was finalized and all monies discharged. My credit report read repossession with a balance of $1800. In September of 2006 I sent CAC a letter stating that I was financially able to pay off the the debt and was told that it was $1800. I sent them a check for the full amount and asked for a letter stating that it was satisfied which they did not send. They them reported it to the Credit Bureau with a balance of $400 dollars. When I called to inquire about it the representative was rude and stated that it was a interest bearing account and that the $400 is interest that is owed to them. He was very nasty and said when do you plan on paying it because it will still be accruing interest. Is this legal? I could have waited out the time and let this debt disappear in the seven years, but I wanted to pay them what I owed. I also could have setteled it for less as it was charged off and they never expected to get paid. Now I wonder if I just should have let it go as I do not have $400 to pay on this accruing debt. Do you or anyone have any thoughts on this. I would welcome them. I am trying to build my credit back up after divorce, but it seems like the creditors and the credit bureaus are working against me. And the more I read about this company, I must have been really desperate. Come to think of it I was and I needed a car and due to divorce and loss of income I took what was offered. I advise you out there not to make the same mistake. Thanks for listening and I would welcome any advice. Sharon Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Oct 28 2006
Credit Acceptance Corp ripping off and over charinging me on the repossession Southfield Michigan
I was 1 payment behind by 7 days and Credit Acceptance snatched my vehicle. I didnot want to waist any time on getting the vehicle back(2002)dodge durango. It was 5 miles from my house. I called and got the balance it was $2294.89. I talked them down to $1694.99. The balance was paid in two weeks. I kept conversation with them in the process. They didnot tell me that my durango was almost 200 miles away after everything went through. This durango had multiple damages when it was redeemed. Please donot use credit acceptance corp!!!! Jesse birmingham, AlabamaU.S.A.
Jan 24 2007
Credit Acceptance Ripoff, Thier repo man assaulted my husband Detroit Michigan
Credit Acceptance sent a tow truck to repo our car. My husband wanted to see the repo order,and when he went to look at the papers, he was hit by the repo guy. When I went to call the police they ran off with our car. We would not have given them a problem with the reposession, but we wanted to make sure the order was valid. This man hit my husband in front of myself and our child. We are persuing legal action. Elizabeth Portage, IndianaU.S.A.
Entity: Detroit, Michigan
Jan 27 2007
Credit Acceptance Corp ripoff made false arrangements and then repoed my car Southfield Michigan
Nice to know I'm not the only one. One month behind, I called and made payment arrangements, but today they came and repoed the car before the payment arrangement date that was agreed upon. How can this company keep doing this to people? No notification? Now it looks like they will be charging me some kind of repossession fee....this is crap!! Debbie Tonawanda, New YorkU.S.A.
Nov 20 2008
Credit Acceptance Corp. Repoed 2004 & STILL CHARGING in 2008 Southfield Michigan
Back in 2004 my car was Repoed in Feb.04 after making a $940 payment. Two or three days later my car disapeared out of my driveway. I called the police and they told me that my car had been repoed, mind you that I only had a few more months before my payments were done, and I would have been the owner of that 1999 Chevy Malibu. I had lost my job and I called them for an extention in Jan.04 they gave me until the 1st week in Feb. So I made the payment thru a Postal Money Order and they cashed it. Now here it is 2008 & they're still billing me for the ballance of$2600 they claim is still owed on the car(which I don't have) and the marker plates were never turned in, so as of today Nov20,08 I'm still owing car taxes on a vehicle that I don't even have or own. So if you know anyone who might be able to help me with this situation e-mail me. How can I get a release that I don't have or own that vehicle so that I can be realeased from the tax office. I don't feel that I should have to pay the taxes on something I don't have. PLEASE HELP ME. Marjorie Waterbury, ConnecticutU.S.A.
Nov 21 2008
Credit Acceptance Corporation, Phil Steinhle Class Action Law Suit Southfield Michigan
It's nice to see that there are people out there that are on my side. It's unfortunate that those people have also been taken by Credit Acceptance. I see that there are quite a few consumers who have dealth with the same issue as I have with Credit Acceptance Corporation. I would like to find out how to file a class action law suit to get my money as well as all other's who have been wronged by this company. I let the car dealer know that someone will be giving $1900 down payment as well as all of my daughter's payments back. I was told by the person that sold me the car, good luck with that, you won't be getting it from us. I received a letter from Credit Acceptance stating that the vehicle was going up for auction and the starting bid was about $900, what a joke!!! I reported them to the BBB which was basically a waste of time. I received an email from BBB stating that they had forwarded my complaint to the company. Then another stating that the file was being closed as Credit Acceptance did not respond. Then about a month later, I get a letter in the mail from Credit Acceptance which contained their response to the BBB. They stated in their letter(trying to prove me the incompetent one) that I in fact did not put $1900 down but only $1500 as it states in their contract. Well, they supplied a copy of that contract to myself as well as the BBB along with the letter, referenced above, that clearly showed a $1900 down payment. This proves the incompetence and ignorance that this company has displayed since the day I purchased the vehicle. I wish there was a way to upload the entire mailing that I received from Credit Acceptance that they sent to the BBB for everyone to see their ignorance. Is there a way? A few of the comments that I have received have also noted the name Audrey from Credit Acceptance. Does anyone else beside me doubt that this is her real name??? Now on to Phil Steinhle: The sales woman that sold me the car happens to have a daughter that attends school with mine. She had her daughter go to school and harrass mine about this issue. VERY PROFESSIONAL!!! Phil Steinhle has been in our local news lately for drinking and driving his motor boat, crashing it!!! Again a very professional way to promote your business. I would very much like for someone to contact me be it an attorney that handles class action law suits, consumers that have also been taken by this company. I personally am tired of companies like this thinking they can take people for their hard earned money without thinking twice about it. Kimberly Vermilion, OhioU.S.A.
Nov 05 2008
National Credit Acceptance, Inc. UNRELENTING PREDATORS Sacramento California
I have experienced everything all you have a more. These predators have been after me for 9 years so far. Up to now they have only gotten $5.00 from a bank account they levied. It cost them $300 to levy the account so of course my account got charged for that too. I started with a $4000 defaulted credit card due to being unemployed and couldn't pay. They purchased the account and now the balance is close to $15,000. They obtained a judgement against me in 2001 - due to circumstances not under my control I could not make the court date so they won by default. They have been running credit inquiries without my consent (isn't this illegal?) and have violated all privacy rights by threatening my account holders unless they get ALL information including payment and bank. So far they haven't found out where I work but it's only a matter of time. I have 3 years to go before the judgement statute is up but I'm afraid they will renew the judgement and I'll have another 10 years of nightmares and dodging these horrible people. I just wonder that in today's economy with people losing everything and few jobs available how their employees can live with themselves. I've just now gotten back on my feet financially and am totally afraid these people will ruin everything. Can we all get together to file a class-action to stop their unethical and predatory practices? Pw Salyer, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Sacramento, California
Nov 06 2008
Credit Acceptance Corp Problem After Problem Southfield Michigan
I Was Financed Through Credit Acceptance Corp,Which Started out Fine. I Made All My Payments On Time Every Month. Also I Mailed Them On The Same Date Every Month. One Month For Some Odd Reason My Check I Mailed Was Delayed. I Went To Get In My Car One Sat. Morn, And It Was Turned Off (GPS INSTALLED) ,So I Called They Told Me I Was Late So I Ask About My Check I Sent. Well It Wasnt There. I Told Them That I Was Always On Time And That The Chk Would Be There Soon. Well They Didn't Want To Hear It, Actually They Was Kinda Rude! After Arguing With Them And Hanging Up Then Calling Back I Ask About Paying With My Debit Card. Well One Rep Said I Couldn't ,Man Was I Mad! After Cooling Off I Called Back .Well This One Agreed , But There Was A Fee , And A Fee From My Bank To Cancell The Chk. I Did It To Get My Car Back On . I Went Ahead And Cancel The Chk. Well The Next Week Or So My Car Is Off Again. This Time They Called Me Saying I Was 35 Days Late But I Wasn't And They Didn't Want To Hear It. By The Time I Got This Straighten Out And They Found There Mistake ,But Was Very Rude About It. The Time Im Trying To Fix There Mess I Was Scared To Send Any Money , Well I Was 5 Or 6 Days Late On This Month ,I Woke Up And My Car Was Gone They Repoed It!!!I Coundn't Believe This !! The Night Before My Wife Wrote Out Chks For All The Bills To Be Mailed, When She Left For Work That Morning GONE!!! Now They Want Me To Pay What I Owe Which Is Fine, But They Also Want Me To Pay An Extra $700.00 In Fees That Is Nuts ,I Called To Talk With A Supervisor Three Times Always A Voicemail , And No Call Back . What Do I Do? I Know A Few People Who Are Getting Screwed Over. No One Else Is Going To Give Me A Loan For A Car. Now They Want To Sell It , My God Where Do I Turn Now? Shane daphne, AlabamaU.S.A.
Aug 05 2008
Credit Acceptance!! What A Joke not a satisfied customer Southfield Michigan
I went to a dealership in Birmingham Alabama to try to get a car by myself, with my credit not so good, I had to go through Credit Acceptance to get financed, What a joke, My payments are due on the 1st of each month, and they are high, extremely high, I have complained to the dealer ship because the day after I drove off the lot with my durango, the check engine light came on, they said that there was nothing they could do about that, had to change 2 tires, hole in the front bumper of the truck, did not leave the lot until it was dark, so, it was not seen until the next day, did not get to test drive the vehicle, pressured into a lemon. that is exactly it. I have spent more time on fixing this thing than driving it, I am tired of them calling me 8-10 times a day, they had a device put into my truck that if my payments are not made by a certain date (which is always changed) they cut my truck off. I have yet to have that done, but the fact of the matter is this, this company should be out of business or take some classes on how to handle things better, they are nothing but phone call harrassing jerks that cannot grasp the concept of the word harrassment. They are a menace, and should be reported. Jtm bessemer, AlabamaU.S.A.
Entity: Michigan
May 27 2009
Credit Acceptance What a crock of sh-t! Southfield Michigan
I am astonished at all the reports I've read about Credit Acceptance. I only wish I would have read them 5 yrs ago. Reading these reports are like reliving what we've gone thru since signing the papers. My husband and I traded in a mini van for a 2000 Dodge Durango the day our bankruptcy was discharged. We were told that because of our recent bankruptcy our payments would be larger and that our loan term would only be 3 yrs. After a year of making regular payments we could refinance for smaller payments and longer term. We were also told that we had to do the automatic bank withdrawal because of our shady credit. We were skeptical but needed a better vehicle so we agreed. Our payments of $489.00 were due on the 15th of the month. For a year I made $500.00/mo payments on the 1st of the month. When it came time to refinance they had every excuse not to. I still made the payments just to get it over with for another 5mo. I then started receiving calls saying that my last 3mo payments hadn't been received. I sent them proof of payment, but they say they haven't received that either. So I just quit making payments. I figured if they aren't even receiving them why should I send it. 2 summers ago I received a letter from them offering a deal called the Summer Blitz Offer. I talked with my husband about it and he said to give them a call and see what they had to offer. So I called and was told that if I made a payment they would double it for the term of the loan. Which at that time was 18mo. I set up to make $300.00/mo payments that they were supposed to match. A year later I called to find out the payoff and they told me $17,000.00. Are you flippin kidding me. The sticker price was only $11,900.00 and I had already paid 2-1/2 years. Not only that they said that if I paid it off early that the Summer Blitz Offer didn't apply. Meaning that I would have to come up with the $300.00/mo that they were supposed to be matching the last year. So again I quit making payments and don't plan to give them another dime. They have threatened repossession in the past but have yet to come get the piece of junk that had MANY problems to begin with. My husband and I are now trying to buy a house and are unable to until we pay off this account. If I had only known we wouldn't be dealing with this now. We would love to out from underneath of this debt. If anyone knows any way please let me know. I would suggest to anyone looking for a car loan, talk to your bank. Do NOT use Credit Acceptance. Sick and tired Perry, KansasU.S.A.
Jul 13 2009
CREDIT ACCEPTANCE APPLY FOR JOB LAS VEGAS Nevada
DONT APPLY THERE IF YOU ARE MALE .ITS SEEMS THAT LADY IS NICE WHEN SHE INTERVIEWS YOU ON PHONE ,BUT TALKING TO OTHER PEOPLE THERE SHE ONLY SEEMS TO HIRE WOMEN ..4 OTHER WOMEN WHO WORK THERE TOLD ME THAT Thomas LAS VEGAS, NevadaU.S.A.
Entity: LAS VEGAS, Nevada