FIRST PREMIER BANK Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: first premier bank

There may be more reports for "first premier bank"

For more results perform a general search for "first premier bank"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Mar 23 2007
First Premier Bank Not posting Legitmate payments ripoff Sioux Falls South Dakota
After trying to figure out why when i made two payments through the same bank account one posted and the other didn't. Basically bringing my card to a paid off status. I contacted CS, they were very well scripted and just as the person before, referred me to the T&S. What i find odd and so does my bank is previous bank transfers going to FPB (electronic) post usually in 48-72 hours. But now that I'm trying to pay off my card I'm told the money won't be available for 14 days. Even though it was taken out of my bank account electronically within 24 hours. Any company that uses these sort of tricks is really just doing bad business. I already filed a complaint with my bank. I've also written the Attorney General and my Congressman to request a law that would limit the amount of time a company could hold an electronic transfer. After all (electronic) sort of defeats the purpose if companies like the one above can hold the amount for two weeks or longer. I will be building a website that should rank high on google, warning people about their T&S and other tactics mentioned on here. ACID SHAVED Las Vegas, NevadaU.S.A.
Jul 01 2007
First Premier Bank billing refund ripoff Sioux FAlls South Dakota
On June 7, 2007, First Premier opened a $200 secured credit card for me; the card arrived on June 20, same month. On June 21, from my bank account, I paid the $69 yearly fee. To pay that fee on the internet cost $7.00, plus a one time internet use fee of $3.95. Subsequently, to see if the card was functioning, I attempted to buy a book from Amazon. The card was shot down. Contacting First Premier's customer service, I was told that the card would be reactivated in seventy two hours. Therefore, in seventy two hours, I again attempted to make a small purchase over the internet. Again the card was shot down. I again called customer service and was told that First Premier had attempted to confirm my bank account (it worked just fine when they accepted my first $200 check plus the $69.00 yearly fee) and because my bank refused them information, they would have to lock up my account till I could produce a letter from my bank stating that the account was really mine. Outrageous. I then told First Premier that I wanted my every cent returned, and I subsequently sent them proof of the $69 yearly payment. Of the $269 paid them since June 21, they are willing to refund $189.05--they have refused to refund the $69 yearly payment; plus the $3.95 internet charge; plus the $7.00 charge to transfer funds via internet. They are swine. Frank Mountain View, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Sioux FAlls, South Dakota
Jul 03 2007
First Premier Bank These people do NOT answer the phone!!! Ripoff Sioux Falls South Dakota
I've screwed up my credit, and if this card is the best I can do, then I'll take my beating. However, reaching this outfit is IMPOSSIBLE. I called and listened to an automaton giving menu options for at least five minutes (I set the phone down and just let it run). After the line disconnected (about ten minutes after I'd called), I got an immediate return call from the automaton saying something about starting an investigation immediately. HUH??? I had a question. They list a phone number on the bill...and can't be bothered with having it answered. If anyone has a telephone number that is answered by a salient being, I'd appreciate a post in reply. J. ., IdahoU.S.A.
Nov 30 2007
First Premier Bank issues Credit Cards without your approval!! Louisburg Kansas
At separate times, First Premier Bank issued Credit Cards to my husband and me without asking for approval. We got the cards in the mail Congratulating us for being accepted?!?! When I read the terms I immediately canceled each card which in tern created a negative item on our credit reports! What a scam!! Glena Louisburg, KansasU.S.A. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Jan 14 2008
First Premier Bank payamnt protection Sioux Falls South dakota
I lost my job in 2006 and tried to utilize this insurance with first premier bank. I was denied several times. So i tried to keep up with the payments but i fell behind and recieved several calls saying if i made payments by western union that i would recieve extra credit for doing so. everything that i was told was a lie. when i tried to close the account they would not let me or evem try to work with me to get it caught up. this company wants your money and does not want to give you honest infromation. Isaacredrose milton, West VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: Sioux Falls, South Carolina
Oct 31 2002
First Premier Bank slow prossessing ripoff Sioux Falls South Dakota
They took my money,sent me a paper that says I have a savings account, but no credit card Robert Seneca Falls, New York
Entity: sioux falls, South Dakota
Feb 13 2003
First Premier Bank rip-off Sioux Falls South Dakota
I recently applied for a loan through citi-financial and I was rejected because of the information on the credit report they pulled on me. I think that once your bill is paid, that First Premier would at least have the decency to let all the credit reports know that you have paid your balance off. Instead, My balance shows to this day as having a balance due and a charge-off and that is the reason why I was dissapproved for my loan. I am thoroughly disgusted with First Premier Bank right now because of their lack of attention to the customers they once had.I would encourage all of you that have fair to bad credit to seek other means of credit cards rather than applying for a First Premier Bank card. Chris Honolulu, HawaiiU.S.A.
Feb 24 2003
First Premier Bank rip-off Sioux Falls South Dakota
i had recieved this card in the mail,with a bill oweing them before i even could activate it,needless to say i did not activate this card. sure enough i got another bill,i tried to contact them but all i get is a machine,and there are no options to cancel cards when listening to the recording.this is a 300.card. where they automatically bill you 193.95 which leaves you with 106.05 credit. what kind of idiot do they think i am all i want to do is cancel this card before i get any more bills.and i think it should be aganist the law for them to mess with your credit report by filing a breach of contract report when i never even used this card,this is a rip off. Jack rocky point, New YorkU.S.A.
First Premier Bank Credit Card Rip-off BEWARE! Sioux Falls South Dakota
I just recieved a letter in the mail from this company stating I was approved for a credit card and that I had to pay no-up front fees and no security deposit. But, beening that I have been scammed from another credit card company, and that I mentally knowing that I have bad credit, refused the offer. Come on guys, why would a company give someone with bad credit already, more credit without a catch to it. Please everyone be a little bit smartier. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, because yes, I to feel for it before. I guess it takes at least one time to learn a vaulable lesson. When I recieve things in the mail with offerings like this, I always check the BBB, and this wonderful site that stays updated. Good Luck EVeryone! Also, once you have been scammed before, they do send your name down to other scammers; and believe me this is not there only scam. They have health insurance scams, roadside assistance scams hotel and vaction scams! Good Luck! God Bless. Dede houston, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Sioux, Falls, South Dakota
First Premier Bank rip-off Soiux Falls South Dakota
I sent in my FIRST PREMIER BANK CARD paymont on time by personal check. I sent a letter with the paymont and noted on the paymont stub for them not to try and deduct the money from my Bank account by the means of electronic Banking. For them to send the check through. They decided they didnot want to send the check through as I instructed instead they tryed to get the money electronicly. My bank would nit let them. Now they are trying to charge me a $25.00 return check fee and a late charge on my account. After talking to there collection dept they say that they didnot try and draw the money out electronicly but my Bank sayes other wise. William Easley, South CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota
First Premier Bank rip-off thieves Sioux Falls South Dakota
I made a payment two months ago on my husbands credit card, which my name is not included on the card. I started noticing different amounts coming out of my bank account without my authorization. I called and explained that i did not authorized them to take money out of my account each month. They told me that i had no say so over the account and they will continue taking money out of my account. I believe that it is wrong for them to take out any amount ofc money out of my bank account without my authorization. I am currently trying to get my money back. Misty hollywood, FloridaU.S.A.
Apr 11 2003
First Premier Bank Rediculous Fees Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I am well aware of all fees that comes along with a secured card we have had this card for almost 3 years now. It is not the only card we have but I am just now wanting pay to pay this bill online. I pay my other cards online and have no problem at all. This card requires you to pay 3.95 to sign up for online acces to your account! FINE!! So I signed up. Then only to find out they charge you $7.00 everytime you pay online and after calling to reverify and to make the payment over the phone instead they told me the charge $7.00 to pay over the phone also! I was told by the rep that he tells hundreds of people this information all day. Why and how are hundreds of people putting up with this? Ok secured cards and fees go together but when is it too much! NOW it is too much! This company is taking advantage of people who want to establish credit and I want to know why and how is it possible to charge so many fees and still be legal. Rediculous and insane!!! V Barstow, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Jul 24 2005
First Premier Bank ripoff Sioux Falls South Dakota
Hi, Because of attempted I.D. Theft, I am now an ardent devotee to Rip Off Reports..Thank you guys!I sure got my eyes open! My wife received Saturday 23rd August a Pre-Approved Gold Mastercard from First Premier Bank offering her a new mastercard with the whooping credit limit of $300.00. WOW! As I have been following reports on your web site, the name rang a bell and I immediately got on line and was not surprised see 179 rip off reports against First Premier Bank. They charge a total of $244.00 in initial fees oh and if you need a second card for your spouse that is an additional $20.00. And wait for this, if your credit gets better and you are eligible for an increase in your credit limit they generously charge you an additional fee of $20.00. So the better your credit the more they charge! This must be without doubt one of the worst credit card rip offs I have come across. Now one thing concerns my wife and myself, the Pre-approval they mention which I assume means they have checked our credit. I was of the understanding it was illegal for someone to obtain a credit report without the clients permission and if this be the case does that mean there is an unauthorised search against our records. Can someone advise on this please. We have to now contact each of the credit reference agencies to see if we were checked by First Premier Bank and if we find we were and it was illegal, we intend to sue their asses off. Readers, please be aware of these types of rip offs. If we were pre-approved and had good enough credit rating (which we have incidently), do you think we would be stupid enough to buy a useless low limit highly expensive credit card from these rip off merchants.WE WOULD GO TO A LOCAL BANK! There is also a PRESCREEN & OPT-OUT NOTICE on the terms and conditions which is toll free at 1-888-567-8688 so I will try it to see if it works. Under this notice they also advise you to contact Experian Target Marketing, Equifax Options, Trans Union LLC,and Innovis Data Solutions as well.... Why? I have only lived in your wonderful country for about a year with my American wife and as is promoted world wide, America is the land of opportunity and I totally agree, but it is also the Rip Off Merchants Land of Opportunity also. What the hell are the Authorities, Legislators, FDIC and others doing about these rip offs? Come on guys, get up off your lazy asses and do something for the consumers who have to put up with this disgraceful crap on a regular basis and remember those of you who were voted in, you better do your bit or we will remember your non-actions next election day! Tom Clovis, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Dec 22 2004
First Premier Bank ripoff broke settlement agreement Sioux Falls South Dakota
My husband and I received a credit card from first premier bank.after finding out about the hidden fees we cancelled.they reported to the credit bureas that we owed them 400.00 and due to it ruing our credit we contatced them about settling and they agreed to 262.50. Well we paid them and 1 week later we found out they had agin reported it to the bureau that we still owe them 120.00 and when we called them they said that even though we made the settlement payment that we still owed it and it would be on our credit report for 7 years. I am tired of dealing eith them. it is time we consumers stop them from ripping people off Barbara somerset, KentuckyU.S.A.
Mar 11 2005
First Premier Bank - Dakota ripoff Sioux Falls South Dakota
I also applied for a first premier card about a year ago. they said the limit would be up to 1000 dollars. i got it in the mail and the limit was 300 bucks. there was also a charge of about 100 dollars for a 1 time member fee and yearly fee so i was like this card is useless, im not activating it. sure enough, 31 days after they sent the card, they said you are late with the payment. i said huh? i never even accepted the card. they said the card was active when we sent it, when you use the card its activated. i said i never used it. they said well you had 30 days to cancel. they also charged me 35 dollar late fee! i think i actually tried calling when i first got the card in the mail, but the place wasnt even open at 6pm EDT!! they dont even answer calls on the weekends!! the first month i paid it all off, and the next month i didnt use the card. i didnt make a payment, because well, i didnt use the card. (i didnt look at the bill, my fault), and then the next month i recived a bill for $40 because each month was $3.95 fee and if you dont pay it that month, they charged you 35 dollars!! for a measley 3.95!!! the stamp and walk to the mailbox isnt worth that! I had no choice but to pay the card off, and i kept it for a year. it came in handy once or twice in vegas. but with all the charges and interest, id say i paid off 600-700 bucks and actually charged myself maybe 150 dollars. its actually hilarious. Nick Hoboken, New JerseyU.S.A.
Aug 08 2005
First Premier Bank card ripoff Sioux Falls South Dakota
I applied online for a First Premier Credit Card. I received a letter in the mail a couple of weeks later stating that they could not verify all my information and in order to be considered I would need to Contact them. After taking a closed look at all the fees and charges I decided that I did not want the card and never contacted them. However, about a week ago I received a card in the mail. The card was already activated and had already been reported to the credit bureaus. I then thought that maybe I should just keep the card. But after visiting the website I found out that there is a charge for everything such as a $3.95 fee to have access to the website, and a $7.00 charge to pay online. Plus annual fees, activation fees etc totaling close to $185.00 and I have never made a purchase. This is a total rip-off. The bank sent me a card that I never activated or had a chance to change my mind and decline and reported to the credit bureau before I ever received the card. Please be aware to never use First Premier Bank! Leigh Memphis, TennesseeU.S.A.
First Premier Bank Ripoff fraudulent lender Souix Falls South Dakota
this company sent an unsolicited credit card to my wife for 250 dollars w/178 dollars in fees already on it.when you try to contact them to dispute the card its impossible to get a human on the phone.they have already sent a statement w/a closing date before the card was issued. Carl Theodore, AlabamaU.S.A.
Aug 28 2013
First Premier Bank Lying, cheating, corrupt, horrible people Sioux Falls South Dakota
They lie, they lie, they harass, they threaten, they don't have the fist clue about customer service, they are rude, condescending, and nasty. STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE AT ALL COST!
Nov 22 2016
First Premier Bank Security Deposit Action - Slow Sioux Falls South Dakota
I opened an account with this company years ago at a time in my life when I did not have the best credit.  They offered me a secured card wherein I would have to make a deposit to get a credit line.   After working on my credit and getting to a place where I no longer needed this card which charges extravagant fees to maintain, I opted to pay it in full and just leave it alone.  However, I began receiving bills thereafter with a charge due for maintaining my account.  So, I of course called them and low and behold they offered me a no charge maintenance fee to keep my account open with them.  I love how credit card companies in general continue to rip off the consumer until we make a call to them.  They would have done nothing but let me pay month after month had I not called.  So I requested that they send back my security deposit.  I find it so disinheartening that they are so quick to harass me for a maintenance fee but when I want MY money back that they have been holding they take their sweet time.  I was told last month that my refund would be in the mail to me within 7 days.  Still had not received and it's been a month.  So today I called and was told the same - how can these companies get away with these pratices.  I will check back and let you know if and when I do ever receive my refund - and I was told that even though they held my funds for over three years it earned no interest.  But I sure paid their interest charges.  I am so proud of myself for getting my credit in order so that I don't have to deal with these shady companies any longer.
Entity: Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Jul 15 2016
First Premier Bank Card Brandan Degrading Tone... Sioux Falls Nationwide
Had my First Premier card since Dec. 2015 and I closed it July 15th 2016. I was treated like a child trying to close my account. Talked to like I didn't know what I was doing. A statement of threat your ruin your credit report because you are closing card. Just a note... I have build my credit up and closing an account doesn't hurt your credit report or score. It might lower it for the first 30 days but you will recover just fine. Also their processing of payment is slow to produce new available credit. STAY AWAY! Some states do not allow FPB to offer their card or services. Nasty customer service!!!
Entity: Nationwide
Aug 17 2016
First Premier Bank Sioux falls M.D. Hungry Hippo's Sioux Falls Maryland
 First Premier Bank is a creditor company claiming to help people re-build their credit scores back up. Not only do I have to pay money to start the card up, but now I keep seeing an additional $50/month automatically withdrawn from my credit card, that by the way only has a $300 limit. I have not been late in any payments, and have always paid more then minimum amount due. I keep asking for a credit increase but they keep saying I haven't had the card long enough. I've had it over 6 months, so yes it's been long enough for them to match my original payment NOW.
Entity: Nationwide
Jul 07 2015
First Premier Bank Fraud Sioux Falls South Dakota
 I sent money to First Premier Bank through MoneyGram in the amount of $300. First Premier Bank states that sending money through MoneyGram is considered guaranteed funds that cannot be disputed or placed on hold. I have a reference number from MoneyGram that is a record of my transaction. First Premier Bank is saying they have no record of the transaction and does not want me to give them the reference number because they don't want to help me. I called MoneyGram and they say that they cannot get my money back from First Premier Bank. I have been cheated out of $300 and they have charged my account a $27 late fee for a payment that I made and got to them on time. It's terrible that a company can lie and take your money. I paid several other companies through MoneyGram and never been treated like this.

Showing 51-75 | Showing Page 3 of 5,967