GEICO Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: geico

There may be more reports for "geico"

For more results perform a general search for "geico"

Showing 51-75 of 648 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "geico"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Nov 27 2010
Geico Bad Faith Insurance, lies, delay and bullying Tactics, Internet
On May 31st, 2010, we rang AAA to tow our RV to our new residence.  AAA assigned Desert Valley Towing who's incompetent driver wrecked our RV, personal items inside and caused physical injury to my husband.  The driver was so wreckless that the RV actually came loose of the hoist on the Tow Truck.  My husband was asked to enter the RV and apply the brakes to enable the driver to re attach the RV.  He jolted the RV around so much that my husband lost his balance and hurt his back.  On exiting the vehicle, the Tow Truck Driver drove off before my husband could get the door closed and the keys out so he was injured again and dragged along side the RV.We put in 3 claims to Geico - the RV, personal property and medical and the fight started.Karma Nelson (vehicle adjuster) inspected the RV and agreed it was a write off, however, informed us our Policy did not have replacement but Fair Market Value.  We were stunned, we were asked if we wanted replacement when we took out the Policy and we said yes!  Why the hell would we say no?   Ms Nelson also inspected the damaged personal property and took photos.  She said she would forward them to the personal property division - she did not.  We looked up links for comparable RV's of similar size and age and sent them to Ms Nelson.  She didn't look at our links but preferred to look at only one site with an RV that was not comparable to ours and made a settlement offer that was laughable.   We refused the offer, however, she stated she had already sent the check and there would be no further negotiations.My husband rang Geico and complained about Ms Nelson's attempt at forcing a settlement amount on us.  We rang the Department of State Insurance who advised us to re send the links and to not accept the offer.  After many phone calls complaining, eventually a Supervisor agreed to increase the settlement offer and stated a second check would be sent to make up the difference (the first one never arrived).  My husband had to continually call to chase the checks which we were assured were in the mail.  Eventually he demanded that someone meet us and physically hand over the checks.  An adjuster met with us and handed over the 2nd check which was dated the day it was supposed to have been mailed.  Shock and horror - they lied about mailing it.  Then the first check turned up, we went to cash it at the bank but it had been cancelled, so another fight followed to get the first check.  3 weeks later an adjuster met us with the first check.During all this time, our personal property was in the hands of an incompetent liar named Jae Cha.  After many phone calls and having to re send photos etc by email that Ms. Nelson had not sent, Mr. Cha informed my husband that Geico would settle for $4049.00.  We accepted that offer.  Mr Cha told us he would be in contact to organize a day and place for the check to be delivered.... we never heard anything more.  2 months of ringing the cell number he gave us, sending emails went unanswered.On Monday 22nd November, my husband again rang Geico to chase the personal property check.  He was told to meet an adjuster (Jean Allocati) the following morning at 9.00am to pick up the check. We went to meet the adjuster who *shock horror* did not have the check.  He stated Jae Cha had not answered his email (surprise surprise) and did not inform him of the amount nor had authorized a check... so why the hell did we have to travel to another town to meet him??   Mr. Allocati said he would look into things.   Later that evening we received an email with an offer of $2870.00 for the personal property.   We argued the point that his prices were based on Pre Christmas Sale prices and not those of the links sent back in July when the claim should've been settled.   He refused to negotiate and stated no further negotiations.  We instructed that if we did not receive the check by 5.00pm Friday 26th November, we would start legal action.  We heard no more.  On Friday 26th November, my husband rang Geico to find out about the check again and was told if he rang again, Geico would call the Police and have him charged with Harassment.In all this time, Geico has refused to acknowledge the medical claim apart from being told that the $5,000.00 coverage we were told we had was incorrect and that it was $1,000.00.  They changed it again - yet we have never received a copy of any policy despite repeated requests.My husband had to withdraw from the last semester of College due to his injuries meaning he received no Financial Aid.Excuse me?  Policy Holders are now not allowed to ring about their claims without being threatened with Police Action???  Geico needs to be investigated by the Department of State Insurance... who the hell do they think they are.  So this looks like it's going to end up in Court.  Thanks Geico for ruining at least 6 months of our lives!
Jul 10 2011
Geico Put in payment without my say so Internet, Maryland
So I was looking at my bank statement online yesterday. This has never happened to me before, but guess what? I had $3.89 when I still had a week to go before pay day. I was trying to save up, and I'm trying to pay off my credit card bills after I get some money in savings. Geico had taken $62.75 (or something like that) from my account when I had already paid them for this month and did not authorize another payment transaction. I'm a single teacher so I was mad and terrified at the same time. I called up Geico, and talked to this girl named Heather who told me that I was on automatic payments, and that that was how that came up. She told me that Geico would not refund that payment even though I told her that I would pay that payment immediately on the 15th. I never have and never will authorize automatic payments, and I told Heather this. She got irritated with me on the phone and told me that no one at Geico would have put me in for the automatic payments but myself. I told her that it was not possible that I put myself up for that. I'm always careful not to do that as I need a little cushion to get me through the rest of the month. She also told me that the automatic payment thing had been up since March, but there were never any sudden deductions like the $62.75 I saw. I was seething mad after talking to her so I just got off the phone as quickly as I could. Now I'm going to have to take some of the money out of savings that I just put in for this month. I am soooooo mad!This is not the only time Geico has tried to do something stupid. They have tried to get double payments from me in the past when I paid them during the month until I called them on it. Some man tried to get me to pay more on my mileage once, and when I called him on that he tried to act all innocent. I hate Geico. I'm thinking about switching to Progressive or some other auto insurance company.  If I had enough money to sue them for the misery they have put me through, I would.
Entity: Internet, Maryland
Jan 31 2012
Geico policy cancelation Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I submitted to Geico an insurance policy and paid in advance. Afterwordsthey said they reviewed my policy and decided to reject my policy. After a month and a half they said my policy was canceled and my money would be refunded. After about a month I called them to ask why the letter proclaiming my cancellation letter did not come with a refund check. They said it was in the mail. It did arrive later. I did not lie about my driving record and I paid 6 mo in advance in the hopes that I would not have to deal with an insurance company any time soon.After calls to the company they reiterated the ending date of my policy and thanked me for doing business with Geico, I let them know that the pleasure was all theirs. I saved $200 by switching to another insurance company for the identical coverage which was minimum coverage required by Florida law.
Entity: Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Jan 31 2012
Geico insurance This confirm my claim Internet
As a body shop owner this does not surprise me.  EVERY claim that comes in to my shop from GEICO  is an exercise in utter STUPIDITY!; an non-productive battle consuming time that could otherwise be utilized to SERVE THE CUSTOMER!  Purely opinion, GEICO is thee WORST provider on the face of the planet.  Although, a similar challenge, Safeco and Infinity insurance round out my Top-3 worst insurance companies to deal with.
Oct 29 2011
Geico Insurance How they stiffed me, hard. Palmdale, California
I'm not one for reporting buisines, but I've got to put my experience out there regarding what it was like dealing with Geico.  I started my insurance with Geico around 8/23 of this year, even though the prices were a little steep, I knew I was covered by one of the biggest insurer's out there. I give them the starter funds and signed up for the 6 month payment plan. Anyways so about a month later on exactly 9/16/2011 I make my second payment through a VISA transaction and move on with my day. A normal payment, payed before the due date. The payment, to be exact, was 159.74$ The next bill came along on 10/14/2011 and I payed the the amount due at 159.74$. No problems. So all is good with my new insurance company and I'm doing about my buisness. Along comes 10/24/2011. I notice a transaction tried to go through my bank of 134.70$. Of course, it didn't go through because I didn't have enough in it. What the hell, right? After some confusion I call up Geico and this is where the fun begins. Apparently, when I initially signed up for GEICO I did two things: One, I allegedly signed up for an Auto-Pay feature when I had never done such a thing, I NEVER have authorized an auto-pay feature. And two, my mileage is significantly lower than California's average. Therefore, Geico claimed to have sent me a verification letter via E-mail, if they have not received anything back, they were to up my insurance charges. I asked them if they had sent it through the mail and they had said no, because I was signed up for paperless billing. Which, is bullshit, because I got payment letters from them. Anyways, so because they were not able to get proof of my mileage the payment plan jumped up 300 or 400 dollars and this is where the remaining auto pay is. After being blind-sided by the additional funds robbed from my bank. I called back and explained what I'm typing here. I was greeted with apologies and concern and they agreed to cancel the still awaited transaction. Come this morning I check my balance in the account and they had cleared the payment, never following through with what I'd heard yesterday. Not only that but I was charged an additional 10$ service fee.  In conclusion. This may not seem like much. But if these large corporations get away with robbing this amount of money from the amount of people they insure. We're all in trouble. I hope you read this and take in consideration before using this insurance company.
Entity: Palmdale, California
Jun 30 2011
Geico Hail Damage Insurance Claim pueblo west, Colorado
Recently filed a hail damage claim with Geico upon the adjusters inspection Geico stated that the amount of hail damage is 1400.00. Afterwords I get a few estimates and the cheapest was 3200!!!!! ok WTH is up with that! your talking 1800.00 dollars difference. When I call the adjuster back and tell him he pops his top on me. They are the ones coming in with some low ball slap in the face estimates. I guess ill be changing insurance companies what a joke Geico is!
Entity: pueblo west, Colorado
Jan 06 2010
Geico Insurance (Auto) Fraudulent Quotes Internet
I have had a policy with Geico for several years. I had called the customer service to receive the cost of adding a new car to my policy with the vehicle ID # and received a reasonable quote and decided to purchase the vehicle the next week. When I called back to add the car, I was surprised with the huge difference in the new price verses the price given 8 days earlier. I was told that the price may change daily and the customer service rep did not save the quote that was good for 14 days. If they would have saved this information, they would consider honoring the quote. I have learned and wanted to help others to know that if you receive a quote to have it in writing or e- mailed to you before making a decision.
Jul 18 2012
Geico Geko Ads say 15 minutes may save you 15% Internet
their ads that say you can save  15%, but when you are  a client and have paid premiums for auto insurance, monthly, you are so screwed by these crafty SOB's. I found out the hard way. I was traveling quit a distance from home, (frequently)and did not have automatic payments set up. So when a single payment was a day late, GEICO says they sent me a notice for insurance termination, yeah right. I told them I have not been home for a month.GEICO SAYs to me, don't worry we'll reinstate your insurance. But the cost  of the premium escalated to almost double, because GEICO did some record hunting,(WHY why why)>>> which they never did before on my car insurance.<<<, and they doubled my car insurance to over $1000. So when I found out about their fraudulent way to scrape up more $$$, , I left them for another car insurer for  HALF of what Geico up-charged me for, that's right  50% less. Lesson learned!!!
59, Report #197215
Jun 19 2006
GEICO DECEPTIVE Ripoff BAIT AND SWITCH TACTICS Fredricksburg Maryland
Open letter to the public: I recently had the misfortune to have to work with the auto insurance department of Geico. I filed a claim against a Geico insured motorist who had decided to manuver his vehicle into a lane in which mine happened to be occupying. After exchanging license and insurance information with Mr. MaGoo I called my insurance company and then his, Geico. Much to my dismay instead of working with the cute and witty lizard that they use to promote their company, I was connected a deceptively charming person who recorded my call and told me they would launch an investigation. This person I will refer to as the Cheshire Cat called me 2 days later to inform me that the investigation was over and that Geico would be responsible for paying for the repair of my damaged vehicle. You could have knocked me over with a feather. It was too easy. I couldn't believe in an insurance company that worked at the speed of light and accepted responsibility for their clients illegal and destructive activities. They told me they would pay all the damages; I will buy a lottery ticket, they told me they even had the body shops selected that I could take my car to; praise the lord, they even told me that they would pay for the rental while mine was being repaired, halleluiah! I was walking on clouds. Being from Poland I was used to getting the short end of the stick and I have to admit I was a little dubious. Because I am such a skeptic I decided to call Geico each day for 3 days in a row before I handed my car over to a Geico sponsored body shop. You can imagine my doubts relying on the 2 professions that according to my American friends have a long and proud history of sticking it to their clients, an insurance company married to an auto mechanic. Is this not a marriage made in hell? The Cheshire Cat, forever smiling assured me daily that it was true they accepted the claim against them and would be completely paying for the repair bill and car rental. It was with some hesitation that I handed my keys over to the nice toothless gentleman at the repair shop. This man was a caricature of the cartoon when the client brings his car into the repair shop and asks how much and the grease covered mechanic responds How much you got? This is where my fairytale takes a turn for the worse. A few days after I leave my car with the nice gentleman I receive a call from the Cheshire Cat. He informs me that they have received further evidence and that they are now reviewing my case. I ask the always smiling and ever elusive man what evidence they would possibly ponder that could erase the conclusion that they had already come to. I was informed that they had a call from their client an 81 year old man with coke bottle glasses whose vision was so impaired that I had to write both of our general information down because he could not read my drivers license or license plate. Apparently Sherlock Holmes went back to the accident scene and with no debris, no skid marks combined with a heavy traffic area and his keen eye sight he could prove he was not at fault. Never mind that he violated 2 Maryland driving laws and sideswiped me in my lane pushing me into a curb he was definitely not guilty. I don't blame Dick Tracey; he would probably like to avoid having his insurance premiums going up. Unfortunately Geico in good faith informed that they were responsible for the repair of my car and assured me during my numerous follow up calls that they definitely were paying my repair bills, in their words case closed. They didn't change their minds until my car was in their possession. I can't even have my car released until they approve it. Let me summarize it. Geico reneged on their promise to pay for my repairs and car rental. They are holding my car hostage at theGeico Approved Auto Body Shop. They are reversing their decision on phantom evidence. They took away my freedom of choosing the mechanic I would use at half the price or waiting until I was in a better financial position to pay for the repairs (there is just cosmetic damage). They are doing all this with a big, wide, smirk on their face. I am beginning to learn now how your OJ Simpson was found not guilty and how there were no weapons of mass destruction. People like the good claims people at Geico served of that jury and provided the intelligence on Iraq. I would say avoid Geico at all costs. I would also challenge the Geico public relations people that seem to answer these rip off reports, to prove me wrong. Please tell me how you can send someone into a repair shop they have never used to repair a vehicle that you have promised multiple times that you would pay for. Additionally please explain to me in layman's terms how you find new evidence at a crash site that has no cameras, skid marks or debris? If you can convincingly I will write a retraction, sing Geicos praises and send you a personal check for $500.Good Luck Geico. Joanna Arlington, VirginiaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on GEICO Insurance
Entity: Fredricksburg, Maryland
Feb 14 2008
Geico Steal your money right out of your bank account! Internet
On 2/8/08 I signed up for Geico insurance and the effective date was to be 2/9/08. They required a $196.10 down payment. I gave my credit card #. Within 2 hours I got a call from State Farm Insurance with a quote that total blew Geico away so I called Geico and cancelled the policy. They said there would be no charges since the policy never went into effect. 2 days later they withdrew the $196.10 from my checking acct and caused a total in overdraft fees of $126.00. Now they refuse to pay it back. I have sent them my statement several times by fax and I have the confirmation that they received it. They just keep saying it's not the information they need. Then they ask for a statement from my bank... which is what I keep faxing them! Tammy West Jordan, UtahU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
Jan 26 2007
Geico car accident ripoff Woodbury New York
i have been with geico for 15 years. well my wife had a car accident,the car didnt look bad but geico said it was totaled. so we had a police report. lady who hit my wife, was in the wrong. she only had a permit and was giving a ticket. police said the lady was in the wrong. geico claim adjuster then said he pulled up the google earth to see the picture of the area and my wife was 100% wrong. even though the police clearly stated other wise, so there was $500.00 off but this is just the start,they told us to get the money we had to send them in our title, and bank statements showing the car was completely paid for,end of problem? then we get a call saying the title was not it our name and we had to go to motor vechicle, so we said ok send it back. weeks went by and these people lost the car title, and wont take responsibility. they keep switching us to different people. it has been 2 months and i didnt receive a dime as of yet. on top of this i cancelled my policy as i had no car,and they have this automated payment and they are still taking out money for the insurance even though it was cancelled. anyway im going to switch as there customer service is horrible,and its ok to have them. just never get into a car accident. Kevin 11703, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Woodbury, New York
Jul 02 2008
Geico Won't pay for claim Augusta Georgia
I switched to Geico in November 2007 because I needed storage insurance. I talked to the representative over the phone. The representative told me that I need to pay full price for the insurance and I would get refunded a percentage. I told the representative that I needed full coverage because the car had a lien on it. I deployed to Afghanistan two days later. After returning at the beginning of June 2008 I called to reactivate my insurance. I got the refund check no problem. On June 30 I was in an accident where I went into a ditch. When I called to make the claim I was told I was not covered. The insurance agent told me I only had liability and comprehensive. The accident happened in Louisiana while on leave. Geico is doing an investigation. In the mean time my car is sitting in storage lot collecting bills and I need to return to Fort Gordon Georgia where I am stationed. Every time I talk to someone from Geico they tell me that everyones definition of full coverage is different. Michael Fort Gordon, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Augusta, Georgia
Apr 03 2013
Geico Insurance Think your information is safe? Internet
Think your personal information is safe with Geico online? think again! several months ago I went to Geico.com and applied for renters insurance via their online application. We recently had a burglary and we filed an insurance claim through the underwriter American Bankers Insurance of Florida / Assurant. ( thats a WHOLE other complaint ). We were recently told our claim had been denied. Reason? The adjuster claimed we committed fraud! Yes, came out and said it was a fraudulent claim. Needless to say I was, and still am, LIVID..She stated that during our application we withheld information such as the fact we had a previous claim in another state some years ago and we failed to state that. And that is concealing information which is fraud. I informed her I know D*** well I listed the previous claim and specifically remember doing so. I told her I wanted a copy of the original application . She informed me I would have to go through Geico since it was their website. I called Geico, explained the problem, and the rep informed me he would have someone check into it and email me the information and/or call me the same day when the other rep got off the phone with another call. 3 days later now, still no call or email. I called geico ( after spending 20 minutes through the usual automated msgs, press this number for this......) I bet I pressed each and every option listed and spoke to as many reps who informed me, I do not know who would have that information but i can transfer you to someone who does..JUST TO BE PLACED BACK ON HOLD IN CUE in circles. Then, they started telling me they would transfer me to Assurant ( the underwriters). I informed them, NO, i do NOT want to be transfered to them, i want the information from geico who originally took the application online. they reply, oh ok, let me transfer you to OUR help desk..Of course they transfer you to Assurant. When I get to assurant, I enter my policy number/claim number and then, It disconnects me. ( as if they have me black  listed for complaining now). Each company is pointing the fingers. They accuse you of something you KNOW is false. then, when you ask for the proof. NO ONE CAN FIND THAT INFORMATION!!!!! Not withstanding the fact that: My claims adjuster stated, if you had stated you had a previous claim, we would not have insured you. I informed her 1. we DID list that information 2. when we did a recorded statement with her some weeks ago, she asked, have you filed a claim in the past? we answered yes and gave details, dates, amts, items etc etc etc. She didnt ask a follow up, have you had any others?. WHen I pointed that recorded statement out to her, she stated, well, that is beside the fact.. Yet I played devils advocate and went to Geicos website today, applied for insurance with a different name, address etc etc. I entered 3 different claims, 1. $25,000.00 2.$6,000.00 and it allowed me to go all the way to the final page to enter my credit card, electronically sign, state the date I wanted the policy to start . IN other words, it was going to allow me to start a policy. In addition, no where on Geicos website did it have a legal statement to the effect, prior claims may or may not be held against you. in the field where it asks if you have had a previous claim, their is a little (?) mark symbol you can click for information that states, that information is needed to assure the best rate for the policy, it didnt state any legal terminology about fraudulently withholding that information. Regardless, the original application we DID list a previous claim!! And now both Geico and Assurant are not wanting to forward me that information. It is important to note: if you go to Assurant's website to fill out a quote for insurance, you go through the process and if you enter a previous claim, it will not allow you to proceed further. Many people will say, the application is for a quote subject to change/cancelation etc and is not a guarantee of service, however, the minute we received our policy, payment receipt and payment plan and months pass and nothing sent to us to the contrary. This is clearly a bad faith denial.
Sep 17 2013
Geico United States Slander Austin Texas
I just had this happen and wrote this email today to/with Geico.I saw the claim person today, I understand that insurance companies have to deal with a lot of fraudulent claims. And in my circumstance I understand I forgot to include a major detail that happened after the first accident. Because not only was there a lot of things going through my mind to keep me from thinking properly, but I just wanted to get my vehicle off the road before it got hit again. But I found it abso---------lutely offensive when I was told, that the claim person felt I made up a hit and run story to claim hit and run. Had he talked to my manager, my manager would have confirmed after the accident happened I told him I only had liability and was going to have to repair the damages myself, even if I had full coverage I don't trust you or any other insurance company to take care of any of your drivers.I know you people have not received any messages from me about payout or vehicle repair, because after I was even called by Geico and informed that the other thing I had on my insurance covered hit and run, I knew since I forgot to inform the police about it I was going to have to pay for it own of my own pocket still, and I HAD NO --- ---- PROBLEM WITH THAT until this ------------- basically said I was lying. Is this what I should expect? Do the right thing, report the accident, get ------ up in a another accident and be told, your a liar, the second accident was bull---- and never happened? I don't know what part about I didn't file the claim right away, instead I got online to find out how much it was going to cost ME to repair this vehicle, since I thought I was only paying for liability he did not understand. I have never been so utterly ------- insulted in my life.---- YOU VERY MUCH GEICO. SINCERELY,
Entity: Austin, Texas
Aug 19 2015
Geico Poor Service will give you the runaround Nationwide
I got hit by a drunk driver.  He did about 5,ooo worth of damage to my car but totaled another vehicle.  He did not have enough insurance so I had to file a claim with Geico, my insurance company.  They gave an initial low ball estimate that did not even have the correct parts listed.  The body shop sent them a supplement to correct this.  After several days with no response I finally got ahold of the adjuster who stated he never got the supplement.  I sent him the email that showed it was sent a week ago.  He then sent an email to the bodyshop to set up a reinspection but never showed up.  I called the adjusters supervisor who had no answers as to why this process is so hard but assured me someone will reinspect the vehicle tomorrow.  Very poor service, just giving me the runaround.
Jun 18 2015
Geico Horrible Experience as they constantly lied to me USA Nationwide
Horrible experience here! The service manager did not reply and waitied for him for my damaged car. Next, the repair manager was terrible at responding and actually talked the insurance company out of my repairs??? I would NEVER reccomend going there as this was the worst service eperience of my life! Encore motors was less than half the price! Im sure you can get sales to do a good job but for service I would NOT reccomend anyone go there!!!
Jun 22 2015
Geico FMLA didn't work for me! Dallas Texas
 I trained as a Claims Adjuster in February of 2014, the State Test only requires a 72 to pass and that is what is pushed for, only the minimal requirement. After passing the test and moving on to training, although my trainer did try, she couldn't control the class and didn't prepare her students for real life situations. After getting through the training I started new medication which caused memory problems, and other issues. My Doctor filled out all of the paperwork for FMLA. I was given time for the employee with disabilities act after which I had to take a week off for medical reasons which dropped me below the 87% they require for attendance, my Doctor submitted a note via fax from his office. Geico HR would not take the note because they stated it wasn't sufficient enough and my Dr. needed to submit another, my Dr refused. Stating, I was under his care and that's all they needed to know. After that HR notified my manager and I was escorted out of the building. I am a disabled Veteran and have a family to support, I had never been fired from any job I've before. Prior to Geico my job History was excellent, now I never want to work in the Insurance field again.
Entity: Dallas, Texas
Feb 25 2015
GEICO Insurance auto Insurance premium ripp off Nationwide
GEICO is NOT easy to deal with. THEir CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!!!. . Not only have I found out they have been charging me extra for a car. Customer support has no authority to solve your problem. I needed my son removed because he has gone out of the country for 2 years and they will NOT remove him UNLESS I spend time SENDING them paperwork and proving he has gone to another country  for church service. I don't have time for this. This is a service. Do what I tell you to do . You are my agent.  YOU work for me. NOT the other way around.!!!  Not only will I will be cancelling my policy. I will spread the word about this nightmare of a company.  I called to cancel him over the phone AFTER 15 minutes of hold and BS excuses they refused to remove him. I will be seeking a legal remedy for these predatory practices. This email refers to the following confirmation number(s): 22CF-A3F046IG-12709I5 GEICO Casualty Company February 24, 2015 Dear Christopher : We received your request to remove Tanner from your policy.  Before we can complete this change, we just need proof that Tanner has other insurance. We are requesting this information because he is considered a youthful driver.  We also wanted to let you know that because of your relationship with GEICO, Tanner may qualify for GEICO Family Pricing by establishing his own policy with us.  To learn more about this very special offer, please call us at 1-800-555-2760. Your current premium is $1,737.30.  Once this change is complete, your premium would be $1,514.62. To finalize this transaction, simply provide us with an insurance ID card or declarations page that includes: - Tanner's name and address        (DOES NOT APPLY TO MY SITUATION) - Insurance company's name - Policy number - Effective dates - Vehicles covered You can also provide proof of residency showing Tanner is no longer in the household by providing a utility bill, lease agreement/mortgage document, bank or tax statement, or a copy of a pay stub showing the new address.  Be sure the date on the document is after the date of your request and in Tanner's name.  Please black out sensitive information, such as account numbers. For your convenience, you can provide this information to us via: - Email -- Policyholdersupport_r10@geicomail.com - Fax -- 866-954-0541 - Mail -- GEICO, ATTN: Region 4 Policy Processing, PO BOX 509090, San Diego, CA 92150-9090 Please be sure to include your GEICO policy number on all correspondence. Thank you for using our online services.  We appreciate your business and look forward to serving your insurance needs for years to come. Sincerely, Laura Daniels GEICO Internet Service Representative geico.com
Jun 23 2017
geico fraud bait and switch on policy pricing buffalo new york Nationwide
given a price online to buy car /liability insurance/bait and switch/almost paid it/toyota camry(price went from $383 quote after subtracting uninsured motorist and medical/then when i got quote to pay price it was $547 for 6 months----------------i almost paid it /and lady selling camry contacted me and said she took the higher price for vehicle/so indirectly this lady from bristol rhode island did me a favor/person i dealt with from buffalo was breanna balz/won't deal with geico ever again/though you should know.
Jan 23 2018
geico insurance co. fraud Richardson Texas
WAS hit by  geico policy holder. geico with police confirmed and ticketed policy holder.geico jerked me around for 2-3 weeks paper work,police report, estimate etc. GEICO estimated damages and a supplement.together with use of rental car they  authorized while vehicle was being repaired. near end of repairs  body shop inquired about payment .GEICO then held up payment due to limit on policy coverage and there was a $3.00 differance. i said you got to be kidding! i agreed to pay the $3.00 the next day 01-23-2018 payment was not made to body shop.i inquired with GEICO TEAM LEADER and after an hour  of going around and around they finally told me the differance was $2,559.00 and i was responsible and that was that.now, they authorized rental car authorized repairs and a supplement.they had the file , access to a adding machine and two months to review ,re-review and double check the review of the review.According to GEICO whom i do not believe, that the policy holder can not be reached.now, i can either dig up $2,559.00 to pay for their incompents  or leave my car at body shop and give up rental car GEICO authorized.SO all u drivers pray to hell u do not get hit by a GEICO insured.apparently they have pre-ression under writing policy.and if i had rode with the western outlaw i would get a GEICO policy a/s/a/p.
Entity: Richardson, Texas
Oct 12 2009
Geico Auto Ins. Geico Auto telling Lies again! Internet
On 10/12/2009, I called my Geico Auto Ins. Co. to cancel my policy. My preimum was getting higher and higher. However, when I callled to cancel the rep. ask several questions. First they ask why do I wish to cancel; I gave my reason due to excessive premiums. They said all insurance companies have the same rates across the board for all the perks that I am getting. Their response was due to the the information given I had 5 Accident in the past five years. I was SHOCK! I've had only 3 accidents and they were all cause due to the other driver. a.) running a stop sign, b.) tracker at a red light merges to the right and crash into the rear driver side. c.) a truck merges over at a toll both an never stop which crash into the driver side door of my 3mo. old 2006 Chevy, Finally, in the parking lot of my job a delivery truck back into the hood of my car. I put in a claim for the lot inncident and than canceled the claim and paid out of pocket. So I ask the rep were did he get this information from...he responded from Me. To make a long story short I tried to tell them that my friend purchase the car and on the night of the purchase, when appling insurance they ran his license and regisration instead of mine.  I return home and call to correct the misinformation and was told that it has been corrected. My friends keep saying that my auto insurance should not be that high. I was called a liar and he (the rep) got very nasty. I was paying 2500.00 a year on a 2006 Chevy Cobalt. Finally, I found a insurance company that had the same perks and I paid 1600.00 less. I was a happy camper. Please research all auto insurance companies before purchasing and STAY AWAY FROM GEICO.   The little green guy is cute, but not for that amount of money. They are full of it!!!
Jan 31 2009
GEICO Insurance Geico cancelled my policy and kept my money Austin Texas
Geico might just offer the worst customer service yet today. Not only did they cancel my policy early and keep my money, I was left arguing my case with about eight different customer service supervisors. I realize that with all the big business that exists today, spending a few hours on the phone struggling to get any help with your concerns is now a common practice. I have even adjusted and become not bothered by this......except when it gets down to the complete worst of the worst. Geico has just made this list for me. I don't appreciate being bullied because they already have my money. In fact, this is the first online review I have ever written. Here's to you Geico for dropping the bar on business ethics to an ultimate low. Crh austin, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Austin, Texas, Nationwide
May 22 2008
Geico Keith Slonski Geico director of customer relations email KSlonski@geico.com Seattle Washington
They added coverages i did not want and verbally declined, and when i moved to a new state they did not mention them when i signed up because they were optional such as roadside assistance( I have AAA), and Mechanical breakdown insurance (my car is a lease) and added them again automatically. I emailed Keith Slonski at KSlonski@geico.com and he had someone call and basically tell me tough luck... But since he did respond I recommend emailing him directly i got a faster response from someone high up. alex seattle, WashingtonU.S.A.
Entity: Seattle, Washington
Nov 26 2008
Geico Financial 100,000 pay off + geico swepstakes Dallas Texas
I too received a letter stating I won $100,000. I took took the check to Bank of America to cash but the check was denied due to an identification problem on my part. So, I took the check to a local check cash. The owner looked at the check and denied the deal. wrong numbers/then Jaun O Wane/ Ripoff Tjoyner Neptune, New JerseyU.S.A.
Entity: Dallas, Texas
May 29 2011
GEICO Ins. Geico doubled my rate for a missed payment fredericksburg, Virginia
How unfair and un-ethical is this.  I didn't get my Geico Inc bill.  Two day after my policy was cancelled I get an email asking if I want to restore my auto insurance policy. Since I didn't know my policy was cancelled I immediately called Geico to make a payment and restore my insurance coverage. First, why couldn't Geico send me an email a day or two before my policy cancelled for non payment instead of 2-3 days after it canceled. Second, Geico Ins.  doubled my insurance rates, yes doubled.  How unfair and unethical is this
Entity: fredericksburg, Virginia