HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: homecomings financial

There may be more reports for "homecomings financial"

For more results perform a general search for "homecomings financial"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Mar 03 2006
HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL ripoff DALLAS Texas
DUE TO ILLNESS I GOT BEHIND ON MY MORTGAGE CALL OMECOMINGS SENT ME A WORK OUT PLAN. THE FIRST PERSON MARCUS KANE WHO INITIALLY SET UP THIS PLAN LEFT THE COMPANY I WAS THEN REFERRED TO A YOLANDI BUITETAG WHO SAID SHE WOULD OVERNIGHT ME THIS PACKAGE TO SIGN AND RETURN. ON RECEIPT OF THE PACKAGE I WAS SEND AN INITAL PAYMENT OF $3000. AFTER I DID NOT RECEIVE THE PACKAGE I CALLED HOMECOMINGS THEY USED THERE FEDEX TRACKING SAID THE PACKAGE WOULD BE DELIVERED BY 2/20/06 THE PACAGE NEVER ARRIVED MIND YOU EVERYDAY I CALLED HOMECOMINGS TO MAKE THEM AWARE THAT THE PACKAGE STILL HAD NOT BEEN DELIVERED. I WAS TOLD THEY WOULD FAX ME THE AGREEMENT TO SIGN THEN SEND BACK. I WIRED THE FUNDS ON 2/24/2006 THEY FAXED ME THE PACKAGE 02/27/06.THE PACKAGE THAT WAS FAXED TO ME HAD SOMEELSE NAME HENRY REESE SOMEONE IN LOUISVILLE KY HIS LOAN # HIS REINSTATEMENT INFORMATION BUT THE LAST SHEET WAS MY SIGNATURE PAGE. I STILL HAVE THIS INFORMATION FOR EVIDENCE. I CALLED HOMECOMINGS AGAIN TO TELL THEM OF THERE ERROR HEY SAID I WAS JUST MAKING EXCUSES. WHAT DO I DO? Stacey pleasant grove, AlabamaU.S.A.
Entity: DALLAS, Texas
Sep 25 2006
Homecomings Financial Fraudulent Credit Reporting Dallas Texas
I have been stuck with Homecomings for almost 2 years now. I have been threatened with foreclosure notices, letters from attorneys and too many harrassing phone calls to mention both at home and at work. This is my story.... I have owned 3 homes in my adult life and have never experienced anything like this. I was a Navy Reservist prior to the attacks of 9/11. A little over a year after 9/11, I was activated to Navy Recruiting duty on a full time basis. I bought a home through a different mortgage company, which was sold to Homecomings Financial. This is where life as a home owner took a turn for the worse. After fighting back and forth with Homecomings for a year I finally had enough and attempted to refinance my home. Upon submitting applications to several reputable mortgage companies, I was denied by all of them due to my recent credit history, which had been ruined by Homecomings. Homecomings had listed my mortgage standing as being over 700 days delinquent. Well, this was quite imposiible, since I hadn't even had the home for 700 days. Since that time, my health has taken a severe decline due primarily to stress to which Homecomings has significantly contributed to. After numerous threats of foreclosure and successfully completing the payment plan to get caught up with my mortgage payment, my interest rate just increased from 9.875% up to 12.875%. I was recently discharged early from the military due to my disabling medical condition. Therefore, I have taken a severe cut in pay and benefits. I recently received a letter from Homecomings which stated that they wanted to help us with our current situation in regards to payments and/or interest rates. I called the number and was told that there was nothing they could do to help me and advised me to get a better paying job or just sell the home. I did not buy this home to move into it and sell 2 years later, so this is out of the question! I make $32,000 a year, I have paid off every creditor I have and am totally debt free with the exception of Homecomings and I still don't bring home enough money to pay my mortgage payment and my utilities. This is totally hidious! Something has to be done with this company as well as others like it. Please contact me with any information regarding a class action law suit against Homecomings. Brent Wetumpka, AlabamaU.S.A.
53, Report #196663
Jun 15 2006
Homecomings Financial, Resurgent Capital Services equity gouging Dallas Texas
We believe that Homecomings Financial and their affiliated company Resurgent Capital Services are gouging the equity in our home. Three years ago we filed Ch 7 due to the loss of a small business. We had taken out a second mortgage with Homecomings the previous year. We did not reaffirm the second mortgage. However, they never stopped harassing us and threatened us with foreclosure. Homecomings at that time offered to work with us on a payoff amount if we would sell our house which at the time was not an option for us. They also offered to lower our payment and if we made the payment on time for a year they would lower our interest rate by 1%. Well, that was 2 turnovers ago (Homecomings gave/sold our account to 2 other collection agencies. There was never any written exchange for adjustment so now it seems we do not have a leg to stand on. The problem is that now that there is actually a sellers market we are wanting to sell our house. When we called Homecomings/Resurgent about our payoff they told us that we owe 8000.00 over the original note and interest in accruing daily on the account because we are delinquent. Our attorney advised us to request a Qualified Written Request from Homecomings/Resurgent which is basically an itemized statement of all activity on our account. Our attorney told us that companies such as Homecomings will often add fees for stupid things like sending someone to drive by the residence to make sure someone is still living in the house. Those type charges are illegal. Homecomings has 20 days to send the itemized statement back. If they don't then we may have some footing. We will post the results. Thanks to all who make this site possible and for helping all of us who are struggling against companies such as Homecomings. Stuart and Denese Norman, OklahomaU.S.A.
54, Report #198537
Jun 27 2006
Homecomings Financial ripoff Dallas Texas
I agree with you Brenda. We have had our mortgage with them and no problems. Until I was laid off last year and I just got a full time long term temporary assignment a year later. About 4 months after I got laid off my husband lost his job. Talk about stress. Well Homecomings has not been the most considerate company. On your statements there is always this clause about if things aren't right. Please call us and maybe we can help. That is a lie. Homecomings attempted to help us. I had to contact someone in their consumer credit department. After all was said and done, the lady tells me that we just need better jobs with more income. I was like no stuff, wow what tipped you off. Shortly after that we made payments, but like you since it was not the full amount it went into a supsence account. The killing part is they don't put it on your statement. Even when you call the reps acted as if you didn't send anything. Once you mention that you sent some money then they will say, oh...yes I see it, but since it was not the full amount we put it into a suspense account. They are making more money. Just think about it. If 1,000 people send in a payment that is not the full mortgage amount. And Homecomings stick in an account were they draw interest on your money. The interest earned will not go toward your account at all. I know this coming from the banking industry. Can you image the amount of interest? I'm talking thousands of dollars. Well we were almost 3 months behind. I sent them a payment and they returned it. I called the company and the rep could not understand what was going on. He told me to send it again. I did and it was returned for the 2nd time. This time I got a different rep who was RUDE. I had to constantly tell him to stop interrrupting me. He later told me that the funds were returned because they weren't certified funds. I told him my bank did the transaction and they don't send the money if it isn't there. So then I had to Money Gram or Western union. I went to the store to send the payment Money Gram, just to find out they would not accept it. I called and was told to Western Union it. I told him, that they should take the Money Gram off the statement as an option, if you can't use it. And this payment was more than the monthly amount. They are crooks and are looking for ways to take our homes!! I am still praying that we can get away from them without losing our home. I told them, I would not be in this bind if we wouldn't lost our jobs. I think they believe we are liars. Yes some people lie, but my husband and I have work too hard and saved for many years to get a house. And we are not just going to give up. I think the other thing they do is add the fees to drive up the cost. Sharon Missouri City, TexasU.S.A.
Mar 27 2008
Homecomings Financial Modification Nightmare Dallas Texas
After reading all of the other complaints about this company, I would agree that this has been a nightmare, it started with improper accounting info regarding property taxes, my original documents showed escrows, however for two year they did not collect escrows, i contacted them after i found out from county that they did not pay taxes, i called and they said they would take care of the mistake and send a copy of tax bill from county, i did, they had until october 07 to pay or the house was to be auctioned, they said ok, i assumed they would take care of the mistake and per them ignored the letters from the county, although contacted homecomings each time to advise of receipt of notices, well october came and went and we got a notice from the county that our property had been sold, they said they would redeem which they did, at double the original tax bill and bill us for the shortage, ok fair enough, then they raised my interest rate per my loan by 3 1/2 % the first time, I called and said there is no way I could pay what they were asking, almost 600 more a month, they said ok, we will do a modification to include the escrow shortage and get you square, this was in October 07, they sent the documents that I needed to sign and I sent them back with the downpayment in the overnight they sent, I called to confirm receipt they said yes we received, you should recieve your corrected statement by the next due date which was jan 08, i never got a correct statement so i called them and asked which amount do i pay, they said follow the modification agreement that it might take a few statements for it to be correct, so i mailed my payment in january and thought everything would be ok, wrong, in february my statement was wrong again only this time the interest rate increased again, i immediately called, held for over an hour, got disconnected 2 times and finally spoke to a live person who then said that the mod did not go through because they did not receive the paperwork back in time, however, i said how is this possible, i overnighted in october, they then said that the originals were wrong and they sent another package in dec07, which i never got, and therefore the original modification was null and void, in the meantime i had paid over 3000 to them and the payments were being held in suspense? during the same time, my february payment was rejected, and i was know owing for over 4 months because of their screw up, one of the reps said i will contact my supervisor and have them call you, guess what no calls! Called again and was told that i would have to start the process all over, send in more money and the paperwork will be on its way for a permanent modification, which is really only a 5 year freeze? I did what they asked in hopes to get this done, i have called every 3 days, since i have not gotten any modification paperwork and have sent another 2700 to them via western union, i am know being told that they are backlogged and it should be here any day, and to check back every 2-3 days if i have not been contacted by a notary to sign the documents, yeah right like i have 3 hours to hold for someone to actually answer the phone, i would love to be involved in a a lawsuit against this company, as what they are doing is totallly wrong, and i feel cheated and threatened to lose my home Lisa Fort Mill, South CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: Iowa
Mar 03 2008
Homecomings Financial inaccurate credit reporting Dallas Texas
Homcomings is reporting my loan derogatory and included in a bankruptcy. I paid of the loan years ago and was never late with a payment as it was automatically deducted from my bank account. I did have a bankruptcy, but this loan was not part of it. I have sent them the copies of the paid in full document, the settlement papers when it was paid off and a copy of the automatic draft monthly payment. I have filed complaints with all 3 credit bureaus. They say there is nothing they can do. Homecomings continues to tell me they have no record of my account. Of course this is effecting my credit scores. I have been fighting with them for over 3 years. Please help me get this off of my credit report. Taboz hanover, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Feb 08 2008
Homecomings Financial Forced into foreclosure Dallas Texas
I searched the name homecomings financial and lo and behold what do I find. This company is my mortgage company, maybe (after reading reports about them, they might be in line to own my house) and now that they have refused to a workout plan I had to file a C13 to stop them from foreclosing and now I'm scared about the next step because I don't want to lose my house to anybody. I just want to save my house and make restitution over a period of months. I meet with the bankruptchy attorney/judge in two weeks and will present them with the information found recently about this dishonest mortgage company. I'll repost as soon as I have further information but in the meantime thank you to all those who have posted and I'm sad to say we have this in common because of a financial hardship. Kdkd corbett, OregonU.S.A.
Feb 01 2008
Homecomings Financial Escrow Account, Payments, Rude Louisville Kentucky
I have a home in Indiana it's been with Homecomings since 2005 and ever since then I have had trouble with this company. First was the Escrow account we have 3 parcels on our HUD paper and they are not paying for one of the parcel so I have called them email them several times they have hung up on me it took them about 3 months to send me the HUD with the signatures on them and right there they were the 3 parcels on them. Me and my wife had 2 other homes that we had to filed bankapucty on because renters did not want to pay so I ask my laywer about Homecomings and that was about 2 months ago and we heard nothing so far. I got on payment plan because we falling behind and now it's all caught up and my statement still says that I'm behind still they even lost one of my payments that my wife had over night they finally got it about a month later. Also they have lost paperwork that I sent them to let my wife talk to them 4 times. I have a 1st and a 2nd mortgage with them. I have talk to the 2nd mortgage and he told me that they don't want to put our payments in since we had filed bankapucty. So my answer is what are they doing with my money. I have try to get rid of Homecomings to refinanced and they wouldn't send the paperwork to the other company plus they have also put us our a 3 year penty so we would have to give them over $3000.00 and I think they have enough money of my already because my question is where did my money go to them. Chuck Knox, IndianaU.S.A.
Entity: Louisville, Kentucky
Jan 30 2008
Homecomings Financial Forcing ME into Forclosure Dallas Texas
I have been having issues with Homecomings for over 10 months. I fell behind two months on my mortgage. I called them and they set me up on a temporary catch up plan to help satisfy my negative amounts. They set me up all right, the money I have sent in was NEVER applied to my account payments or rears, it was displaced into never never land by late fees and interest compounded on interest. I owed 33k for last years scheduled payments, as of 12-07 I paid Homecomings over 40k. I am receiving past due notices of 25k. I have asked repeatedly for a copy of their records to show where my money has gone. They repeat themselves with each of the 50+ phone calls with I do not know. I ask to speak to a supervisor and I speak to voicemails, never a returned call. I have reported this to the FTC and I know this is the definition of unfair lending. The only call I get now is from collections asking me to send more money! I cannot send them money with the knowledge that the money will never be applied to my account. I have three kids and a wife and I am being foreced into foreclosure. I was promised a loan modification on December 21st, 2007. They wanted to add the BS past due amounts on top of the principal of my mortgage. I told them no way, and that is the last I have heard. This is unjust and criminal. If you know of a lawyer or any one else that has had similar situations please have them contact me. Joe VA Beach, VirginiaU.S.A.
Feb 28 2008
Homecomings Financial Mortgage Rip-off Louisville Kentucky
We have been trying to work with Homecomings for several months to come to an agreement regarding our account. You wait 50 min. on hold just to speak to a different person each time, just for them to give you the run around over and over. NO one gives you the same answer- then send us a couple grand and we will see if we can modify your loan for you. HA I have been given a different reason for not modifying our loan at least 3x,s. However, they are more than willing to raise an already outrageous interest rate yet again. Other companies are becoming easier to work with due to the current mortgage issue whats up with homecomings?? I WONT let them take my home with out a fight!! And exactly what are my payments being posted to??? Suzy Plano, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Louisville, Kentucky
Feb 15 2008
Homecomings Financial frauds, and crooks Waterloo Iowa
I have had rpoblems with this company ever since my loan was sold to them several years ago and they have only gotten worse!! My problem when started when they claimed the company I had been with before said a check was no good. I had had some problems and lost most of my records but for three months (July,August and September) when I called Homecomings I was told that wasn't true, the check had cleared but the funds had not been transfered from the old lender to them. Then October they started to show it as a late. I went round and round with the and was put on hold,hung up on etc. I faxed many demads to them asking for a check number for the supposedly bad check. They said they would get back to me almost daily and I faxed and called for over nine months. In the mean time my payments were being boosted higher and higher and my other credit was being ruined with rolling lates. I finaly got someone who gave me a check number and waited a few weeks but was able to get a copy from my bank and fax it to them. After almost a year they sent a letter saying they were wrong. I was assured over the phone that they would take it off my credit report and my statement would show I was in good standing in about six weeks. None of that happaned. Instead I called when it didn't come off and was told that all the other people that had told me the June payment was bad were wrong it had been October and or I could pay up immediately or my credit would still be ruined!! It was anyway!!! They never took the lates off my credit and just continued to up my payments. I felt helpless and didn't know where to turn. I finally started to get behind but would periodicaly get caught up. I finally got to the point where I was behind so asked to be considered for a refi. I was told they were thinking about it and I shold wait 2-3 months to hear what they had decided. I was told that if I started right away I would not be foreclosed on, I even sent in a paer that said I would only consider the refi if they didn't foreclose while I wait. I e-mailed and called many times and was told to keep waiting they would let me know. Suddenly one day I get this paper that says they will foreclose soon if I don't pay the back payments, I had the right to demand proof of how much I owed and would not be foreclosed on until they answered. The amount they were asking for had no proof or statement to prove where all the extra they said I owed!!!! I immediately sent in the protest to them and the letter that I had signed and had been received by one of their agents. They of coarse claim to have no knowledge of the offer to refi or of the letter that was e-mailed to them. I recently called to get the payoff amount and get my account out of default because while I was waiting for a statement of what I owe I got a notice of foreclosure. I sent them $ 19,000.00 they say I owe to bail out my home. Now I am very concerned that they will just take the money and take my home too!!!! I found all these horror stories after I sent off the money and I'm concerned that they will clamed not to have received the right amount as has been done to so many other people and I will loose everything!!! I have contacted wolf popper about the lawsuit. NO one in this country should be taken again by these cheats but it looks like they have been doing this for years!!!!! I have contacted my congress person and all the other government agencies I can. From what I've been told the government helps them want to foreclose buy giving them 80 percent of what was owed as soon as they do the foreclosure paperwork, so why work anyhting out. Jan Bremerton, WashingtonU.S.A.
Entity: Waterloo, Iowa
Mar 11 2008
Homecomings Financial Deceiving, manipulating, liars! Waterloo Iowa
I was sent to Homecomings through a website that finds lenders for equity loans. When speaking to the respresentative he told me that I qualified for a $50,000 loan @ 7.5% fixed. He DID NOT mention it would be a variable rate of 13.5% which,as you know, can be devastating if your thinking a payment is one & turns out to be another. The loan went from $109,$258 then to $579. They told me that the reason this happened was that I spent the whole $50,000. Well, I explained that after they had paid all of my debt, THEY sent me a $15,000 check that I deposited. I had no idea that would set the variable off & it has been out of control for 2 years now. From what I've heard that they should never have sent that check! Now, another issue is that when I pay over their website, I always go by what is on that website. Well, they can't even get that right! They have added late charges & past due amounts saying I wasn't paying the correct amount. Now instead of $50,000 I owe $50,460.92. When will this end??? I had no idea there were so many unhappy people. I am now going to turn them over to the Attorney General of Louisiana to see if there is someting I can do about these people. If anyone has a class action going please count me in. Look I am a single mom just trying to make her way. People like this should be delt with appropriately. Suzanne Baton Rouge, LouisianaU.S.A.
Entity: Waterloo, Iowa
May 07 2008
Homecomings Financial Ripped off in Maine Dallas Texas
Wow. Why does it not surprise me that I was able to find as many unfortunate people such as myself. About 3 years ago, my wife and I purchased our first home together. After about 3 months in our new home we received a letter from our current mortgage company telling us that it was being sold to Homecomings Financial Corp. Shortly after that is where the problems began. To make a long story short, this past year my wife and I ran into some financial issues and subsequently got behind on our payments. We were offered a loan re-mod, asking us to pay Oct, Nov and Dec 2007 payments, which we did before they were due and they would lock us in to a fixed rate for 2 years. Our first Payment was sheduled due for January 25th and I placed a call to them after mailing all of the paperwork I signed AND notarized, telling them my payment was not going to be done until February 1, which was my pay week. I was told That was fine, made it via western union and called them to confirm all was ok with that. I was told yes. 2 weeks later I did another western union payment for February and March's payment. All of a sudden, out of the blue I receive a letter threatening of foreclosure if I didnt pay them over $5,000.00 in arrears. The first call I placed to them I sat on hold for over 1 hour and got this gentleman who proceeded to take my financial information over the phone and then had he nerve to tell me I couldnt afford to keep my home and then said he was getting me to the loan modification department. After sitting on hold for another HOUR and 10 minutes I got a woman on the line, and she proceeded to tell me that they never received my paperwork, that the loan mod failed due to payment not being received by the 25th. I had her look at the account and she saw where I was told that Feb 1 was going to be fine. Iwas told at that point that $2400.00 of my money was paid to October November and December, which I already paid!!! She then placed me on hold (for another 30 minutes) and came back and said they were working on this for me and got put on hold YET AGAIN for 20 more minutes before conveniently being disconnected. This was a week ago and I now have yet to be able to rech them. I spend 2 hours a day in the morning before work sitting on hold, waste my lunch breaks, have sent e-mails, and yet to get this situation resolved. Now that I can't reach anyone to get this resolved, they have me by the you know whats and I have nowhere to turn. If there is someone out there who can direct me so I don't lose my home??? Bobbyg Waterville, MaineU.S.A.
Mar 27 2006
GMAC - Homecomings Financial ripoff Dallas Texas
I have a fixed rate loan with GMAC on a property owned as an investment. I have insurance and taxes escrowed. I have payments made automatically via my checking account. I didn't notice that the payment amount was different, due to a change in the minimum escrow amount required (unbeknownst to me!) by GMAC. I continued to pay the full PITI that I THOUGHT was due, but was not paying the minimum due to this escrow shortage. The total amounted to about $6 per payment. There was NEVER a time when there were insufficient funds to pay the principal, interest, taxes, and insurance PLUS the mortgage insurance, but GMAC insisted that I was underpaying because the minimum escrow balance was too low (it was hundreds of dollars higher than what was required). So, I have months of delinquencies reported on my credit report, and--here's the REAL kicker--my insurance carrier sent me a check for $100 because GMAC had OVERPAID the insurance. Now, my credit looks horrible, I can't get out of the mortgage insurance (even though the house appraises at $210K and the mortgage balance is only $136K), nor can I pay my OWN taxes and insurance (so I'd NEVER have to deal with this again!). So, I'm just going to refinance. I WILL NEVER, EVER DO BUSINESS WITH GMAC/HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL EVER, EVER AGAIN. They have LOST a customer for life! Jeri Evergreen, ColoradoU.S.A.
Feb 22 2006
Homecomings Financial ripoff liars and theivesDallas Texas
We fell behind by one month during a family crisis, homecomings sent a letter telling us we had to make two payments now to be current.I spent literally week after week trying to get a person on the phone , all i ever got were voice mail of a forclosure specialist. We began getting forclosure notice in the mail by the beginning of the second month.We had the money but wanted the exact amount with interest ,so we gave up trying and just sent two months worth of payment . Only to have them return it to us and say it wasn'nt enough we sent 2 payments of 599.60.we got letter after letter telling us to just call.when i tried every other way to get a person like not enter loan number etc..it went right back once i told the person to the voicemail. When i finaly got this tammy she agreed to work out an arrangement ,so we began paying again month after month. The forclosure was never stopped and i walked out of walmart oneday to see on the bulletin board the auctioning off of our home in 15 days ,while taking our money with no notice to us. i contacted a lawyer this began with 1200.00 behind in 2002,and now they have the amount at 16,000.000$$.we had no choice but to file a hp 13 to have an automatic stay put in place,the payments were 510.00 and 599.60 for our monthly ability to keep the home. Then homecomings took it upon themselves to pay our taxes for us when we payed seperate as written in the contract,then charged us 1089.00 when our taxes were 600.00 thru star savings.Then they took out their own insurance when we had some seperate and want an additional 1000.00 for it . The payments and fees got so out of control we have been devestated financially,emotionally and exhausted.we have used all of our resources there is to use ,this company is crooked,un-co-operative,and rude.this could have all been resolved had they returned one call,instead they wanted it to go here ,and now we have filed three seperate chp 13 spending 600.00 each time to try and save this house.Now they have succesfully increased the amount they say owed so high we are traumatized at what to do. They now have us defeated and succesfully had our automatic stay lifted for them to begin to recover costs they say they have into it.We do not know how long we have if they will give us notice or just change the locks one day,but we are not wiling to let our once paid for home go away,when the right thing could have been done , we had the check in hand . Now thousands of dollars later thru all of the bogus attorney fees they brought on themselves. they send us an escrow account letter telling us to pay taxes and insurance at 1089.00 per month on top of the 599.60 We have given thousands of extra dolars to them ,during the forclosure beginning when they promised to take it out and make arrangements,they stole all of that money,tried to sell out from under us And think we are ever going to trust them again to send additional escrow payments .We are so completely devestated and emotionally drained . I even contacted the attorney general and the fannie mae foundation who gave us more attorney names , but again requires more money .We don't know what to do can any one help us? Sherry springville, New YorkU.S.A.
Feb 16 2006
HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL non-comunicative Ripoff MINNEAPOLIS Minnesota
I will never reffer anyone to Homecomings fianacial, they never answer the phone, all you get is voice mail, they do not return your phone calls, and if you do get lucky and someone does answer, you get transffered until you end up with voice mail. My husband and i had been calling these people since march of last year, they had sent us 1 payment slip and that was for the month of feburary of 2005,may of 2005 they had already started the foreclosure process, by dec. they had an auction and actioned our house, january they sent a sheriff over to deliver an eviction paper and had only 48 hours to get out. we have tried making contact with them, it was them who would not make contact with us! i think they need to pay us and everyone else who has had problems with these idiots. it is not our fault, it is theirs. why should they get paid for working when in reality they are not? I think we need to get a class action lawsuit going, and show these money hungry people that we are not going to put up with this kind of behavior from any mortgage company! we have 2 children what did they do to deserve this? nothing! what have your children done to deserve this? nothing.i have been to the complaint page of Homecomings financial, there are so many of us in the same boat, out of a rating of 5 they have a rating of only 2., that is bad. for anyone wanting to join me in this matter please feel free to contact me, hope to hear from all of you! mellie Melanie grantsburg, WisconsinU.S.A. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
Nov 02 2006
Homecomings Financial Mortgage Company - GMAC company ripoff Dallas Texas
This company is ripping off millions of people and a class action suit is hard to file because they are sly about it and ripping people off in different ways. A class action is the same type of thing over and over. We have had issues with homecomings since day one on our home loan. It was supposed to be a fixed rate after one year, its not it's an ARM loan, we were paying for disability insurance on our loan and when I was ill for several months and off work and tried to use it we were told we didn't have it. During that time we anticipated our payment being late and contacted them and was told don't worry you can pay extra for a couple of months and get it caught up or we can just add it to the end of your loan two months later we tried sending them a payment with what we thought the agreement was and they refused the payment and started foreclosure on us. We contacted them and after raising much hell they offered us this so called forbearance plan. We have paid them over 10,000 in one year and this month ends our original agreement with them or so we thought now they say we must come up with 4000 or sign another agreement. We have paid every payment on time during this agreement and even paid extra to have it overnighted to them. Upon reviewing our credit report, they never reported the agreement or brought our loan up to date it list it as we have been in foreclosure for over a year...this has absolutely devastated our credit score. We are now stuck with them because no other lender will touch us with what they have reported..lies, lies,lies. This company should have to refund all these poor peoples money and be shut down. What makes it really sad is our home has been totally remodeled to make it handicap accessible for our daughter and they are trying there damnest to take that away from her. I will fight these guys tooth and nail until the bitter end, I just wish we could all fight them together. I have been advised by several attorneys to notify my local attorney general. If everyone would do this maybe something would get done. Lets join forces and get these crooks. Loretta Greenville, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Dallas,, Texas
Nov 20 2006
Homecomings Financial Forced into foreclosure! Dallas Texas
I refinaced my home 9-2005 after my divorce. The mortage company I signed with transferred my loan to Homecomings Financial shortly after. I have continued to pay my monthly payment until june-2006. I am a single mother of two. I have a good job as a nurse and take pride in being a financially responsible person. I was hospitalized twice in may-2006. I did not have vacation or sick pay at work yet, due to not enough time accumulated. I called this company to ask what I could do to make my payments. Knowing my income would be affected and needing asistance. ie: extend payment to end of laon, etc. I was offered no assistance. I did fill out a financial statement for review by this company to see if I would qualify for some type of change. I sent in all requested info. I didn't hear back from the company, so oviously I called. I was told all info didn't get sent. I did tell them I didn't get notified of this. I was told that would take to much time on their part to notify everyone of needed changes. In September-2006 I called to question what I needed to do. I was informed that day I called, my mortage was being turned over for foreclosure. The person told me to send them a payment for sept. of 566.oo. This was on a Tuesday. I told him I had to work the next two days 12 hours shifts and would not be able to do this until Friday. On Friday I could not get all the money together until my check from work was direct disposited until the following tuesday, to have access to cash. I called the company back on that friday and asked if the next wednesday would be okay. I was told yes. On the next wednesday I sent the full amount by western union. Soon after this, I received a letter from western union that the money was denied. I then called the company and asked,what was the issue. I was told since I did not send the money on Friday the mortage has been turned over for foreclosure. I then explained that I did call and was told that was ok to send it the next Wednesday. The person said they had no record of the call, and there was nothing more I could do. I then asked of the decision of the financial packet I had sent in. I was told that was denied, without any reasons. I scheduled to go to court Dec-7-2006 to deal with this. I also was told I have their company lawyer fees of 1000-4000 dollars on top of my loan. I have lived in the same home for 14 years. Before and since the divorce, the mortage has been payed. I wanted to keep my children in the only home they have known. I cannot fantom the concept of being late two months, with a circumstance out of my control, and now losing my home. This has affected many areas of my life, and needless to say, my credit. I am very anxious and prepared to go to court. I am not a low life and work hard to make a living for my children. I am not going to stand by and except a corporation to take away from me what I have worked for and just think this is okay. I will continue to trust in God, that the court will be fair and justice. What ever the outcome, I will continue to pursue this injustice with all means. We have to all stand up for our rights, and put a foot down that somethings are just not excepted. Vicki Yates Center, KansasU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Jul 09 2007
HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL REPAYMENT ARRANGMENT Dallas Texas
we had a repayment arrangment since feb 07 been paying every month on time.just recieved a call that we are 1200.00 behind. we have spoke to seven people and none can tell us why it was kicked out. been triing to resolve for two weeks now.we were sold to this company four years ago and have had one problem after an other.we have lived in our house for fifteen years and i am afraid of what might come next.maybe some help is out there!!!! James lakeland, FloridaU.S.A.
Jul 09 2007
HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL REPAYMENT ARRANGMENT Dallas Texas
Jul 24 2007
HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL IN THE PROCESS OF BEING SCREWED Ripoff Nationwide
We entered into a payment agreement and made 11 of 12 timely payments. We called cust service and advised them our 12th payment would be 10 days late. They told us that was fine but no later. We made the payment through Western Union on that date and come to find out they defaulted the agreement 1 day earlier. Next we are now placed in a temporary agreement and make 3 payments completed May 20. Now the account is sent to modification to set up a new payment schedule to include new lawyers charges and late fees because they defaulted our original agreement. After no less than 8 phone calls we cannot get the modification. Every time we call a new person is working on it. In the interim,we receive a letter stating we owe $13,000 and just send a check to clear this up. Our credit report shows we have been late every month for 18 months because they report late every month while making timely payments. Cannot get out of the loan because no one will re-fi because the loan isn't current. Bob MARIETTA, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Mar 25 2007
Homecomings Financial Cons with a Title ripoff Dallas Texas
Homecomings is a servicer of my origional mortgage holder. I did not have one single problem to they came in. This was not by choice. I did not know that the loan would go to them, I think that they purposely confuse Homeowners to default on their loans. I am a 70 yr old man who has resided in my house for 9 years. When I was hospitalized they negotiated a short sale with an Investor here in Houston, on a Attorney In Fact that should have been void upon my incapacity. They would not answer my phone call nor return them. The Investor who bought is now charging 2500.00 for me to have a place to live. Then intended on making approximately 57,000.00 on my home within a 6 month period. I would like to join the class action law suit. I was medicated and recovering a major heart bypass in no condition to negotiate. Under severe duress. William Houston, TexasU.S.A.
Mar 25 2007
Homecomings Financial Calling and Harrassing our household Dallas Texas
We bought our house in 2004. We had a different mortgage company for about a month then Homecomings Financial picked it up. At that time our mortgage went up on a few dollars. We were okay with that. We were on time with our payments for about a year and then my husband got laid off his job that he had worked for 5 years. So at that time our mortgage has never been on time. I had called homecomings to tell them about my husband being laid off of work. That I am the only one working. They told me about the payment plan, how they can divide the past due into 6 month payments with my current payment. I agreed to it at the time so I didn't have lose my home. My mortgage payment went up from 868.00 to 1200.00. That was a huge payment for us. It didn't help us at all. But we managed to pay it with letting our utilities getting shut off. After we had paid that off, we got our normal payment back to 868.00. It stayed that way for another year, then we had recieved our monthly mortgage bill and it went up from 868.00 to 1084.00. Big difference. We had called them and they told us that it was because it was that two year mark in our house aggreement that it would go up. So we became very behind to were we were at the two month past due. My telephone was ring off the hook. Every hour they would call. It came to the point when we had to turn the ringer off. They have been harrassing us non-stop. My husband and I arguing because we are getting hounded by these cruel people. I don't think it is right to do these to families. Things happen in life that we can not prevent. They need to understand that. Is there something I can do to stop them from harrassing us like that? Valerie REYNOLDSBURG, OhioU.S.A.
Aug 14 2007
HomeComings Financial Scamming a Senior! ripoff Dallas Texas
I am a 78 year old senior citizen being scammed by these sneaky crooks. Just this month, without any warning to me at all, my interest rate shot up to 10.8 percent. I bearly live month to month on my measly social security check with not a penny to spare, now they will be taking more than half of it. I was finally able to talk to someone on the phone from Homecomings after many tries and long waits, and all they said they could do for me is to close my existing loan with them, I would have to pay all closing costs, then they could open a new fixed rate loan with escrow for me, after I pay again for lawyer and assessment fees, and the new monthly payment fee they quoted was $100.00 more than what I am forced to pay now! How does this benefit me? It sure does benefit them! These people have NO mercy, I wish my loan was never sold to them, I wonder if they purposely search to purchase loans of the easiest, weakest targets. Shirls Buffalo, New YorkU.S.A.
Aug 01 2007
Homecomings Financial What a Nightmare Dallas Texas
Let me start by saying that all of the stories on this site make me feel for each of you. My family was also a victim of these bloodsuckers. My story is much the same. Refinanced. Mortgage was sold. We too fell into the lost payments, insurance, and no response game with these clowns. In all my years I have NEVER seen such poor customer service. Not even close. My wife did not believe me at first when I told her about the phone deal. How they never return your calls. My favorite was the he is only doing Outbound Calls Today Sir routine. WTF? But then she tried. Ill never forget the call I got from her after that. She was crying and telling me how rude they were to her. Went so far as to call her a liar. We lost our house of 10 years. Only had Homecomings since 2005. My wife and I tried to save it by filing a Chapter 13, but after reading the stories on all the different web sites about Homecomings, decided it was not worth it. This was our attorneys recommendation also. When we first went in to try and salvage our home, he said that he had heard of these guys and warned us. That is when I started doing my reading. I was shocked by the stories and relieved that we were not alone (I kept thinking we were) but quickly realized that a Chapter 7 was the only way out. We have since abandoned our home in Wisconsin and moved to the Gulf of Mexico here in Florida. Granted I will have to rent for the next couple years, we are much happier now that this nightmare is over. Not to mention the weather is much nicer. I wish all of your GOOD LUCK in you dealings and screw Homecomings. Humpybumper Gulf Breeze, FloridaU.S.A.

Showing 51-75 | Showing Page 3 of 2,097