INSTANT CHECKMATE Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: instant checkmate

There may be more reports for "instant checkmate"

For more results perform a general search for "instant checkmate"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Nov 17 2012
instant checkmate - bad, wrong, missing information, Internet
Instant Checkmate is meant to be able to do background checks on individuals. The information they provide includes wrong information and provides less than a google search on a name can do! Checks against my own name provided neither my marriage or devorice information - googling my name gives this! Information on a second name I tried provide none of their criminal record but details of a traffic offense at age 3! Immediately (within 10 minutes) rang for refund - they attempted to word it as a cancel and no future charges...I spotted their careful wording and insisted on my money back...which they say they will but only time will tell on that!
52, Report #1198689
Dec 31 2014
Instant Checkmate Trust Your Gut!!!!! Internet
Make you jump through hoops and make u wait incessantly through all sorts of processing only to tell you at the end that there is a fee and what the fee is. Reasonable for one month but you have to cancel before the next cycle or your are automatically billed again! Who knows how difficult that process to cancel will be! When you finally download PDF (another fee!) they give you totally outdated information, and not neccessarily for the person you are looking for! You can get the information yourself from a basic internet check BECAUSE the information you really need and joined to get because you can not get on the internet is an additional fee!!!! Didn't even check to see what that fee was!!! Disgusted, and the site is totally misleading!!!
Nov 09 2014
Entity: las vegas, Nevada
Apr 19 2013
Instant Checkmate Background check Las Vegas, Nevada
I signed up for this service to find an old friend.  I looked up the friend on their site before I signed up for the service.  They told me they had information on three people by his name.  After they took my money, they said they had 0 zero information on this name, then I called to get a refund and they put me off saying they would have to wait until I was in the system, however they charged my credit card instantly.  THESE PEOPLE ARE ULTIMATE SCAM ARTISTS!!!
Jan 09 2013
Instant Checkmate Theft of Funds Las Vegas, Nevada
I signed up for a 5 day trial for $1.00.  I didn't know I was supposed to cancel before the 5 days were up, so they charged my credit card twice for 29.63 (2 months).  I used the service for one day and the information they provided was useless.  These people need to be shut down.
Dec 21 2012
Instant-CheckMate This company has no integrity! Internet
I signed up for this service yesterday because I looked up a guy and the site said there were 2 secrets about him.  This leads you to believe that this person has some kind of a criminal record.  I paid to receive the report and then found out that there were NO secrets about this person.  This kind of advertising is fraudulent, dishonest and has no integrity.  It is a trap to take peoples money!  I called customer service and asked for a refund. A woman named Christiana who was suppose to be a superior supervisor to the first person that took my call, told me that they would not refund my money because I had used the site for one day.  She finally told me that she would refund all but $10.00 on my credit card and gave me a confirmation number.  I will be watching for the credit.  She was very aggressive and argumentative on the phone about the fact that I used the service for one day.  The only way that I could have found out that there were not 2 secrets about this guy was to run a report. Please don't fall into their trap ... you have been warned!
Jan 04 2013
Instant Checkmate Total ripoff!! Internet
My credit card was charged $44.58 when I only agreed to $22.95 for a one month access to records on their site.  I was not able to see any report!  It just kept downloading and downloading and I waited more than 45 min. and nothing happened. I'm afraid this will appear on my credit card monthly as I see that others have had happen.  This is an extreme ripoff.  I am elderly and do not have money to give to these people for nothing.
Feb 04 2013
instant checkmate inc false advertising, deceptive Internet
They do not give you any background on the people you check on. I put a name in there that I know have been in trouble with the law and it will tell me no report. There is not phone number like they said it would give you and they want to charge you for these things but they will not give them to you. If they advertise them then they should give us the reports they say we will get and not cheat us out of them.
May 31 2013
Instant Checkmate SCAM! DATA NOT CORRECT Internet
I registered with Checkmate to look up to see if i could an old friend. Not only did I not find the person but I decided to look up people I know and see if the info was accutate! it was not! not at all! My dads age was wrong and it didnt even show that he was married and that was the truth with the rest of the searches i did too. I called to get a full refund and they wouldnt do it just half. But of course its not there fault that it isnt accurate.
May 28 2013
Instant CheckMate Internet Fraud Las Vegas Nevada
Signed up online for one report and authorized a charge of $1.00. A week later they charged my credit card an additional $29.63 for a subscription that I did not authorize. I received no notification of this subscription and no confirmation via email. Found the charge a month later when I received my credit card bill. Their response to my phone call complaint was that somewhere (?) on the web site there was a notice that I had to call them within 5 days to cancel my subscription. An absolute rip-off. This company should be prosecuted for internet fraud.
Jun 17 2013
Instant CheckMate Instantcheckmate gives empty reports Internet
 I have been trying to use Instant Check-Mate  to look up old friends, and to check backgrounds. When I started a few months ago, it was easy, quick, and accurate, much like Google back when they started. The homepage was just the  main parts of a search all in a line, like  First name. middle, last, last known area by city or state and their best guess age. But the last month they have added way too much stuff to distract you. When they started, you put in the info, click search, and in about 3 or 4 seconds, the results popped up and you had some of the info you wanted. But I, as well as many others, noticed that no one was ever married, no one has died, no one had even met a police Officer. About all this site is good for is ( if you knew and entered the persons full name, address, and age ) confirming what you just gave it. I have many pilot friends, know many that have gotten married or divorced, have children, and yet all of thesearch report files come up blank! I tested with 20 names of people that I have current and past full knowledge of, entering their information into the correct boxes, clicked search, and 18 out of 20 came back with only the things I had just used to start the check. If you try it anyway, do not forget your user and password, because if you get logged out, it can take days to get back in. My advice .....Maybe try USsearch instead.  This site is now about putting on a good show to to entice people into paying for the real and complete!!!) report. When someone enters the site for the first time, all they do is fill in the name, age, and last known city and - or state and click enter. Then starts the real show, with information and pictures related to one of eight areas that make up the report so you can see how much work they are doing. When done, and you find 6 of the 8 areas are empty, so you know nothing new. Never fear, because in a few seconds there will be a popup saying that for certain amount of money, you can really buy the persons full record. This is a major rip off, soI would say you should look around a bit at other search sites, and always vet a site before you interact with it.
Jul 12 2013
Instant Checkmate Misleading advertising. EXTREMELY innacurate! Internet
 Instant Checkmate claims to have comprehensive background information on virtually everyone.  I ran a background check on an individual in my neighborhood who has threatened me twice.  The most recent time, he came onto my property and left a note on my car, burned around the edges.  I know this person has been arrested several times, but all that shows up on his record is a bunch of traffic citations.  His most recent arrest was three months ago, but it's not even mentioned, nor are two previous arrests that were easily found online, although with no details.  I'd really like to know what kind of nut I'm dealing with here.I also decided to run a check on an ex-friend I've known for over twenty years.  I say ex-friend because he recently robbed me.  I know for a fact he was arrested several years ago, and is on probation now... NO record of any of it.Now, I've been ripped off by Instant Checkmate as well.  Utterly useless!
Entity: Internet, Internet
Jul 23 2013
Instant Checkmate Deceptive, Lying, Fraudulent, Inaccurate Information Internet
 I initially signed up for the five (5) day trial period on July 11, 2013. My debit card was credited for the initial $1 trial period fee. Upon searching family, friends, and former employees, I found that the information provided by InstantCheckmate.com was very inaccurate. Birthdays, addresses, relatives - even arrest records, were partially or completely incorrect in one or more fields. Much information about myself and my family which I know to be a matter of public record was missing or inaccurately reported. This is a fly-by-night scamming outfit that is misusing the public trust and provides misleading or inaccurate information. Upon learning of the blatant disregard for reporting factual information, I called to cancel my trial membership, but it was the weekend and their offices were not open. I called on Tuesday, 7-16-13, exactly five days after beginning my trial period to cancel the membership. I was told that I had to cancel by the 15th, and so they had billed my debit card for the full month. I tried to explain that I was within the 5 day trial period, but they refused to listen or to cancel the membership and return the money to my account. I went to my bank to place a stop payment order on the charge. They investigated the matter and told me that there was nothing that they could do because the company told them that the membership had to be cancelled before five days of initiation. Never was there any mention of before five days of initiation. The advertisement stated clearly that I had 5 days to cancel. They lied and fed misinformation to my bank in their sleazy effort to avoid returning my money. Not only does this website offer disinformation that can be harmful and/or detrimental to an infividuals well-being, but in many instances the information enters a grey area bordering on libel and slander with no recourse to the individuals they are reporting on or about. They should be shut down - or at least closely monitored by an agency that deals with internet fraud and misrepresentation. Perhaps 48 Hours, Dateline or another credible news reporting agency should be informed and asked to investigate this company. I think that widespread dissemination of this company's misinformation and inproper dealings with its clientel will be more than enough to seriously hurt their bottom line and, hopefully, put them out of business altogether. You have to wonder how many jobs, loans, purchases, etc. that people were turned down for based solely on a erroneous report from InstantCheckmate.com. Unfortunately, most people will never know unless they are exposed on national television by one of the network programs such as Dateline NBC.
Apr 12 2014
Instant CheckMate Total Scam Las Vegas Nevada
I bought into their service after looking at their very nicly done wed page. Looked like exactly wh t i was looking for. Web sight promissed any information you might need for doing business with individual. After signing up and trying my first search i was offered information you could find in any phone book. If i wanted detailed information on thar person i would have to pay $19.95 more, which like a complete idiot i did. $20 later i was told that no additional information was avalable. I tried another information sight that offered a free trial. Pages of information on the same person for free. This tells me beond a shadow of doubt that CheckMate is a total ripoff with no intention of providing service they sell.
Apr 15 2014
Instant Checkmate Bait & Switch RipOff Las Vegas Internet
The web site said they had 3 services:  1 time, 3 months (most popular) and recurring.I signed up for 1 time just to check my records and they billed me the every month rate.I caught it after the second billing and called them, but they said it is all recurring and there is no one time rate.The information was not worth buying the service so they pulled a fast one on me.Instant Checkmate is a scam and should be avoided.
Apr 04 2014
Instant Checkmate Gave out my email address Internet
I started a search on instantcheckmate to see if my daughter's stalker was still in jail. I used a variation of my name when I registered. In the end I decided to not give my credit card information and left the site. Immediately I got emails from loan companies which used the name variation I had given to instantcheckmate. It appears this site makes its money from data collection
Feb 09 2014
Instant Checkmate Worst background site ever!!!! Internet
I used this site, and also paid to get some background info for a nanny. Am extremely disappointed. First, the report is not as advertised. They do not give you the information unless you pay an additional fee. Secondly, I callied and cancelled my account minutes upon learning about the second fee. They refused to give me a refund much less a discount. I think I should have, given the few minutes I used the site, and their advertising belong inaccurate. Thirdly, they changed my card for an entire month. I cancelled account, explaining my I was unsatisfied. Asked for a refund or partial, they refused. Extremely bad customer service! I received automated email stating my cancellation. Fourth, i initially used my bank card to pay and then was charged on paypal account a month later. Called customer service and they told me that the dont initially Bill, they wait until the second month. I questioned this because I have never heRd of a company doing this, an in addition they told me there would not be a refund. The agent was very rude while answering my questions. I asked about bank charge and was told I need to look at bank statement. I did check my bank statement and I was indeed charged at the beginning of month using bank card and again at end of month using PayPal. I was put on hold, needed to wait for agent to speak to supervisor. Finally they agreed to credit my PayPal . I told them that this all was their mistake.  After explaining why they were wrong for about 5 minutes, they agreed to refund all charges Which will take 7 business days. i don't know how they had access to my paypal account and the reps didn't have answers. i will wait and see of I receive full refund, but am not holding breath. Absolutely the worst customer service experience I've ever had. I only chose this site due to the advertisement of the reports, which I didn't get because I wouldnt pay a second payment for third report. I wonder when the charges for what's advertised stops?
Feb 25 2014
instant checkmate Total SCAM!!! Internet
This company offers background checks and related information on individuals for a renewable monthly subscription.  They deliver nothing!   Two searches only provided a home address and phone number.....nothing more than what's in the phone book!!   Then they try to upsell you to a premium membership for more $$$.   It's a total SCAM!!! I called within an hour and asked for a full refund.   Only got a partial refund and got told didn't you read the disclaimers?   Call and complain loudly and you might get a partial refund!
Nov 12 2013
Instant Checkmate Old, useless information Nevada
I selected the sub-category of Private Investiagors as an alternative to Record Search since there was no category for a company the promises a thorough record search.  After paying $25 (and a subsequent $29 for their auto-renewal - which I did NOT sign up for) I was given 15 year old information on the person I was interested in.  I had used another search service over a year ago which had given me an address, that verification proved accurate and current.  Customer Service said that there no promises the information would be current.  OK, that would be fine, but FIFTEEN years old is a rip-off.  My compensation from them was 50% of the original fee.  Useless and expensive.
Entity: Nevada
Oct 21 2013
instant Checkmate Scam scam scam scam internet
 Instant Checkmate is a scam and ripof. They do not provide the consumer service that they advertise.- I ordered a background report on myself just too see what was out there that was derogatory or erroneous. I ordered the basic report for 22.86 that I thought would provide me with information. after the report came up I had to go through each section to see what the report held. ..NOTHING.. The report told me my name address and age. To find out more information on the report(which I thought would be included in the 22.86) I had to pay an additional 10.99 and  to print the very basic report t hey provided would cost me 1.99. After I saw that my marriage license wasn't even included in the report I was livid. I called  30 mintes after enrollment to be request cancellation and refund, I was told that because I used the service I could not get a refund. I explained that I didn't use the service I had to accesse the information provided to determine what was on the report. I told them that basic information was missing and other information was wrong. They told me that they could NOT give me a refund but that I coud continue to access the website for the next 30 days. I paid 22.86 to get information that appears on my license. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE.
Entity: internet, Select State/Province
Mar 03 2014
Instant CheckMate Absolutely a Scam
This site propurts to provide background data on indiviuals.  They provided nothing of interest or use.  I used it a few times to do searches on posible businesses.  Results were less than useless.  The basic membership covers nothing and each report is an additional $19.99.   Worse than a rip off.  AVOID at all costs.
Feb 27 2014
instant checkmate total scam!!! nevada
i searched one time for 1 person got the report and it contains 0 information of relevence!! i mean seriously?? an  astrological sign is a piece of useful data? why is this place still in business? who's got a class action suit against them? this is one of the biggest scams going!! after speaking with their oh so pleasant customer service i was informed my acct. wpuld be cancelled but since the report contained information i was not able to get a refund. (no kidding) 22.86 X how many consumers out there? 1 million? who owns this company? please any info would be greatly appreciated
Sep 18 2013
Instant Checkmate Bad Information Internet
My child informed me that his new friend was not allowed to come to our house.  Upon asking the child's parents why, they explained to me that I have a criminal record for drugs per the background check on Instant Checkmate.  I was floored, so I went home and joined the service to check for myself.  The only information that was correct was my name and address, EVERYTHING ELSE was completely wrong!  Birthdate, marriage information, relatives, criminal history, etc... all wrong!  BTW, I have never been arrested in my life, in case you are wondering. I called there CS department and complained and the response was, there is a disclaimer on the website.  I also demanded a refund, since their bogus information was hurting my reputation, they said they would only give me a 50% refund... which I am still waiting for... Bottom line, do not trust any information from this site, good or bad.  They are hurting innocent peoples reputations and they could care less, they just want your money!
Sep 05 2013
Entity: Internet, Internet
Apr 30 2014
Instant Checkmate Deseptive advertising lack of information Internet
 Instant Checkmate claims there are no hidden fees. I chose the one month option to get unlimited background checks and reports. When my report finally processed, it contained information I can get for free on Spokeo.com. The personal information I was looking for was not available but available if I upgraded to premium for an additional $19.95. The whole point of paying my initial $20 was to recieve information not readily available. I called to complain and was told sometimes piblic records are not available to us. It all depends on the record. Waste of my money, not to mention I thought it was only a one time fee and found out it is a reoccuring monthly fee.

Showing 51-75 | Showing Page 3 of 116