LLUMINA PRESS Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: llumina press

There may be more reports for "llumina press"

For more results perform a general search for "llumina press"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Feb 11 2016
Press Talent Tru Talent  Press Talent and Tru Talent, Brandie Frommelt one in the same Las Vegas, Nevada
Press Talent Management and Developement is the same company as Tru Talent Management.  They are both owned and operated by Brandie Frommelt. They have changed their name to try and avoid being linked to the same bad press.  Do your research and you will find that the Tru Talent in Salt Lake City is also owned by Ms. Frommelt and they have a very bad reputation. Ms. Frommelt is trying to avoid these two companies being linked but she will not get away with it.  Their sales people promise the world with nothing but an empty bank account in return. My friend's little girl signed up with a Steven Wiggill who basically promised her that her daughter would be making so much money from the work she got that it would pay for the $2000 contract her mom signed with no problem.  That NEVER happened, all she ended up with is the exact same shotty photography as everyone else that signs up and her daughter went to fake auditions that her mom was told was for GAP and IKEA but they were not real auditions. Ms. Frommelt is only concerned about the money in her own bank account.  If you do your research on her and her companies you will find out that she doesn't pay her employees their last checks, fights them tooth and nail on unemployment, and treats them like garbage.  A lot of people also say she is a man dressed up as a woman, that I don't know because I have never met her but from what ex employees say she is a HORRIBLE person that only wants your money. Don't be stupid and sign up with these people, and if you did and fell for the same trap go to your state's department of commerce and they can help you get out of the jam you have put yourself into!  Good luck!!!  Oh, and Brandie-karma will always catch up to you!
Entity: Las Vegas, Nevada
Nov 25 2009
DellArte Press Harlequin Horizons So-called vanity press misleadingly claims popular authors started out self-published Bloomington, Indiana
I contacted this vanity press to inquire about services.  The saleswoman falsely claimed that two popular authors had started out in selfpublishing.  One of the names she listed was JK Rowling.  The saleswoman insisted that Rowling had gotten her start in self-publishing after having her book rejected by a number of other publishers.After I got on the phone with her, I decided to check it out.  According to JK Rowling's website, the Harry Potter books were not self-published.  They were bought by a small publisher in Europe and then by another publisher in the United States.If this publisher is going to use big names to convince writers to self-publish, it's very misleading to use inaccurate stories.I did some more research and I want to urge caution to any individual interested in using their services.  They call themselves a self-publisher, but please do not be fooled.  With self-publishing, once the author pays the fees upfront, the author then pockets all the profits, yet this publisher takes half of any money you make.  Some research into this vanity press could likely save you a lot of time and money.
Entity: Bloomington, Indiana
Apr 25 2012
Blue Gavel Press www.bluegavel.com BLUE GAVEL PRESS OSHA BOOK 'FREE' TRIAL' SCAM ! Internet
 I have been dealing with the exact same scam that user 'KKreates' has been experiencing with this 'company' ,so exact in fact ,that I will copy some of his text as follows; Blue Gavel calls for your permission to send the OSHA compliance training guide for a for a trial period. If you like the book you keep it, and pay for it. If you decide to return it, then you are to send it back. When the initial call was made, I specifically asked if returning the book would be at my expense. Lie #1. If you do not like the book, you may return it at your own expense. So I called and was instructed to send the book Priority Mail. So that is what I did, drove to the post office, sent the book Priority Mail, paid my $12 aprox, got a receipt,and sent it on its way. What a surprise to find out not only did they claim to not get the book but not they are harrassing me WEEKLY for an unpaid balance of almost $300.oo The catch is that when you send Priority mail, they do NOT give you a tracking number, so when Blue Gavel called and kept asking me for my tracking number there was nothing for me to give them. I read them all the info off the receipt including their zip code,and they said that would be OK. They then turned around and began hassling me relentlessly for full payment ( of something I returned fair and square) I know for a fact,after reading of similar stories, they DID in fact receive the book, but they are still wanting to collect the money, because they KNOW I have no proof of sending that book, because they don't give you proof of Priority Mail, and they HAVE to know that if they are instructing people to send it via this method. Because I didn't pay extra for Delivery Confirmation, they think they have me by the ba**s.After a few phone calls that were nothing but a waste of my time, I will not answer or return their harassing calls. I think its ridiculous that there is a group of women who keep passing me back and forth being blatantly rude, when they know damn well they got the book back in perfect condition,and try to get $300 from me because I can't prove delivery. ZERO INTEGRITY AT BLUE GAVEL PRESS !! DO NOT accept their FREE trial. It has cost me more in time, money, and headache then it was ever worth,I never even got any time to reveiw their book, as it was over the holidays and I had family in town ,and sent it back virtually new as received.Mark, C., OR
Entity: , Internet
Aug 29 2012
WORD PRESS WORD PRESS.ORG WORD PRESS IS A FRAUD, OFFERS SERVICES THAT DO NOT EXIST, Internet
Word Press offers to set up a free blog. I followed the instructions, gave them my personal info, including my email but my blog  was never put on the internet as promised. Instead I got a notice asking me if I wanted to 'UPGRADE' . It was supposed to be a FREE BLOG. F*GS liars cheats!!!
Entity: , Internet
Sep 13 2006
AM Press Mags R Us ,AM press scam .. Miami Florida
In June of this year a young man came to my home and asked to talk to me about a great deal he had. He was trying to earn points for scholarships. All I had to do was buy a magazine.He seem very nice and as a college studeent myself I understood the costs involved. I thought I could help him out and get a magazine for my daughter in return. when I was hesitant after the first price he quickly showed me a new price. I accepted. At first I was a little unsure about giving him the first payment but thought that's how it works. I paid him and then sent the second half in the mail. I had no idea it was a scam until two months went by and still no books. My daughter asks me everyday if I checked the mail and if her book came. She's only five. This is a very exciting thing for her. I haven't had the heart to tell her that we got riped off. the guy even had the nerve to ask me for a soda. when he left he said he was going to let my neighbors know that I was helping him out. now I know that was so he could scam them into thinking it was legitimate. Do these young adults know it is a scam or are they being scammed too. Can I file a lawsuit for $25 or do I just learn to never buy from door to door sales people again. Shannon sheboygan falls, WisconsinU.S.A.
Feb 07 2013
Vantage Press, David Lamb Vantage Press ripped us off. Great Barrington, Massachusetts
Vantage Press and it's president, David Lamb, signed contracts with us which he did not uphold. He took our money to publish and distribute a book. Hasn't happened! We also contracted with him to distribute our own books(600),which we shipped to Ingram at our own cost. No distribution! David how do you sleep at night.
Entity: Great Barrington, Massachusetts
Jul 11 2014
Friesen Press Friesen Press Self-Publishing company in BC, Canada. Scaming and fleecing. Victoria, British Columbia, Canada Nationwide
 I bought a package from Friesen Press to publish my novel. I paid in full. As per the agreement, there must be two editorial reviews. They did the first editorial review, so unproffessional and low standard that I was surprised. I escalated this matter to their manager. They gave me the 'best editor'. The second review came with no errors removed and 140+ errors were added to the manuscript. I talked to the A/c Manager Ashley, she said, Everything is done correctly, this is the way we are going to publish your book. They hurt my feeling and my dream was shattered. A different ugly, crooked world opened up to me. I escalated again. They said they found out an amicable solution: I must pay 1484.00 to remove all the errors in addition to how much I had paid around 3200.00 I said, It is a rip off and a scamming. I should bring a criminal charge against FriesenPress. They terminated my contract and returned only 300.00. Then I complained to British Columbia Better Business Bureau and I found out that is another typical racist Canadian company. Why? Because the BBB reported and gave the verdict to Friesen Press first becasue Friesen Press is their member. They gave me the verdict a month after only when I requested them, whic is simply outrageous. Reason: I submitted too many emails to prove my case against Friesen Press. And good customer service, respect? As a non-white Muslim immigrant, I don't deserve that in Canada. I wish I didn't publish my book. Self-publishing has become a curse.
Entity: Nationwide
Oct 14 2014
Cafe Press Club Press Club ,as appears on credit card statements, or Café Club by Press Club CREDIT CARD SCAM. BEWARE OF COURTESY MEMBERSHIP Internet Kentucky
Beware of Cafe Press Club (aka Press Club)!  A charge for $9.95 appeared on a monthly business credit card statement under the name of Press Club.  I contacted the #877-843-8082 to get information on this charge.  The representative informed me that the $9.95 charge was for a Special Club Membership to savings.  I asked repeadtedly how they had the credit card number, and who authroized the charge.  She could only tell me that I purchased something through her company or an affiliate company and that I was sent a special offer after the fact and that I activated that membership by opening the email link.  She claims that I must have opened that email and clicked a link for the savings which automatically activates a Special Membership that is free for the first 30 days.   I do not recall such an email whatsoever. The details to that membership are in the fine print she told me.  After the 30 day free special membership the credit card on file is charged $9.95 monthly, until the membership is cancelled via email or phone or in writing.  I asked multiple times how they got the card number, what the initial purchase was to begin with...  She could not answer that question, as she works for a different company!  She agreed to refund the charge and cancel the membership fairly easily, but wouldn't explain how this scam originated in the first place.  She was very rehearsed, clearly a script read throughout the entire call.  It is obvious that her call center receives incoming phone calls just like mine all day long...  What a terrbile job that would be!  I asked for proof that the refund was applied back to the card charged and proof that the membership was cancelled, only to be told that she is not allowed to email from her department.  ???  I asked for a Supervisor at this point.  The Supervisor, Keith, couldn't share the initial credit card tranaction or details either.  He would only agree to send something in writing via mail showing the refund and cancellation of charge.  I asked him to remove all information to do with my company, the credit card info and etc. be removed immediately.  He advised me that though he will authroize the refund of their charge and the canecllation, that I may continue to receive speical offers for up to 90 days.  This is an outrageous scam!  This makes money on the hope that the rest of the public being scammed will not catch the charge on their statement and call to inquire as to what the charge is and how it got there.    This is FRAUD.  This scam needs to be shut down!
Entity: Internet
Jun 29 2016
Westbow Press/Author House Author Solutions, Balboa Press, Abbott Press, Vanity Publishing Scam, lies Indianapolis Indiana
I just paid my publishing fees last week to Westbow Press and have had an uneasy feeling after working with Rita at the front desk,  Rey, who was rude to me,  Mr. Fitch, who was condescending and Nicki, the manager  who was so kind to me until I confronted their scam.  They have not yet performed any services.  They just received my manuscript yesterday and after having been treated rudely by Mr. Fitch, i decided to google reviews for Westbow.  The complaints are in abundance!  They almost had me convinced when they assured me they have an A+ rating with BBB Better Business Bureau.  I checked out their A+ rating and in fact that is true, but there is also a long list of complaints similar to mine.  I copied and pasted a statement from BBB about complaints: This Customer Review, along with my contact information, will be sent to the business for validation. I understand that customer reviews are not used in the calculation of the BBB Rating and that BBB does not accept anonymous reviews. Needless to say, a BBB A+ rating means nothing! I spoke to Andrea, who took my credit card info and she assured me that I could opt out of this contract and I would be charged a handling fee of 150.00, but would be refunded my balance.  I spoke to the nice lady at the front desk, Rita and she was just oozing with kind words until I insisted that I would not proceed forward with Westbow.  She asssured me they were a Christian company, etc and railroaded my conversation until I had to raise my voice to try to get a word in.  I was transfered to Nichole B--- and she too had on her sweet, kind voice until I let her know I wanted out.  She too railroaded the conversation, citing the contract and agreement, etc that supposedly I signed and informed them that I was ready to give them half of my money for absolutely nothing!  My assistant was in my office and my phone was on speaker and she heard and witnessed the unbelievable scamming and swindling taking place right before our eyes. I am heartbroken for being a trusting individual.  I have published 3 other books and have had national sales and traveled to Europe and sold many books and have never dealt with dishonesty like this.  They claim their competitors are behind sites like the one I found with all the complaints.   I filed a complaint with BBB and they already quashed that with their legalese.  I emailed Manager Nicki/Nichole and she emailed me back from a bogus email account.  I responded to her email and received an undeliverable error message.  It has not even been a full 7 days since I blindly gave them my money and they state that they have invested a lot into the process.  I emailed Mr. Fitch, who was the individual in charge of my book and he rudely replied and let me know that nothing was happening with my manuscript or book until after a 3 week long vetting process.  And yet, they have done too much to be able to refund me my money.  This wrong and it is a scam!  They are an affiliate of the biggest publishing names in Christiandom, but there is nothing Christ-like about these people!
Entity: Internet
35, Report #1209564
Feb 16 2015
Press Release Gorilla PressReleaseGorilla Pressreleasegorilla.com Press Release Gorilla Scam PressReleaseGorilla Scam Press Release Gorilla Review PressReleaseGorilla.com SCAM Seattle Oregon
Press Release Gorilla posted several messages on my indiegogo page using fake emails and names. I was desperate for help so I decided to go against my better judgement and respond to them. As soon as I showed any activity they flooded my inbox with promises. I listened. That’s where they get people, when they are at their most desperate moment and will believe anything. IT’S TOTALLY WRONG! I went with their “ultimate service” pressreleasegorilla.com/index.php#services AND I GOT ABSOLUTELY NO CONTRIBUTIONS BACK TO MY CAMPAIGN! ITS A TOTAL SCAM! Later I realized that Indiegogo was trying to save me by blocking the fake scam accounts that press release gorilla was using to sucker people in. WATCH OUT FOR SCAMMER RICHARD KENNEDY “richardkennedy.pr@gmail.com” … Unfortunately indiegogo was too late because I was stupid enough to give the press release gorilla scammers my credit card shortly before I saw that indiegogo had been trying to block them. THE FAKE ACCOUNTS ARE GONE BUT SO IS THE MONEY! Please spread the word about this press release gorilla SCAM!
Entity: Seattle, Oregon
Feb 06 2005
AM Press Associates ripoff magazine scam Miami Florida
When a young male and female knocked at my door I was a littile leary. They threw there pitch about being in college trying to make some money for loans. They had all the pamphlets of well known and reputable magazines. I told them that I was not interested, but they went on and on about what a good deal this was, how I would be helping out so much. A year later I still have not received my REPUTABLE magazine that I paid $35.15 for.. Tammy New Castle, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Mar 14 2005
AM Press Association Independent Marketing Firm ripoff Miami Florida
I am yet another person scammed by Am Press Assoc. with a college student trying to sell magazines to go on a trip! How can these people be stopped? I don't care about the $25 but I do care about the countless people being scammed. This is what makes people bitter. It's unfortunate and sad! I am willing to be a part of any investigation or law suit. I will contribute money to make these scam artists pay retribution. They prey on the kind hearted and elderly! Sharon New Orleans, LouisianaU.S.A.
Apr 15 2005
AM Press Association rip off magazine and book sales Miami Florida
There was a girl that came to my house asking me if i was a nice person. I of course said yes, why? She told me she was a college student that was a communications major. She asked me if i wanted to buy a book or magazine perscription? I said sure. I kind of felt bad for this girl who had a stroke and half of her body was paralyzed. so if you see anyone from AM Press Assoc. IGNORE THEM AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!! Tara LaPlace, LouisianaU.S.A.
Sep 26 2005
AM PRESS ASSOC ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing Miami Florida
I was scamed out of $32.45 by this so called buisness. Dont let it happen to you. Never buy items from sellers that come to your home. This is a dishonest was to make money what some people will do to get a buck. These Items were for my kids and that is just wrong. Hope it makes them feel good to steal from a child. Michelle mary esther, FloridaU.S.A.
Dec 18 2004
Am Press Mags R Us Ripoff Miami Florida
I purchased magazines from a kid that reeked of alchol. I should have known better. That was back in august.It is now the end of December, still no Magazines. I have called the company back in Sept. she said I would recieve them in November. I am still waiting. I will never buy from anyone going door to door. And I will be sure to tell everyone I know the same. Kathleen garden city, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: Mialmi, Florida
Jul 01 2005
Mage R Us - Am Press Associate RIPOFF Miami Florida
A GUY CAME BY THE HOUSE 3 MONTHS AGO SELLING MAGS TO HELP PAY FOR COLLEGE I STILL TO THIS DAY HAVE NOT RECIEVED ANYTHING AND ALL I HAVE IS A P.O. BOX ADDRESS AND NO PHONE NUMBERS AND YOU CANT SEEM TO FIND THEM ON THE INTERNET.... BEWARE THEY ARE CONS AND TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN..... Catherine chesapeake, VirginiaU.S.A.
Nov 12 2004
Am Press Assoc Independant Marketing Firm rip-off! Miami Florida
One afternoon someone was at my door. It was a young man saying he wasselling books to help him for collage. so i said what kind of books he said there were several types of books. He then saw my children and said there is a really good book, for pre school age children. I said how much. 12.50 now than you mail 12.45 with in 7 days. so i did so... I never recieved this book... it they did infact take the money. I think these people truly need to be stopped.. it is a sham that they can live with there self's after doing this i am going to find out all my rights to see what i can do... i will fight this... they will not rip me off and get away with it Loretta cohoes, New YorkU.S.A.
Jan 08 2003
Huckleberry Press Rip-off Authors & Illustrators S. Glastonbury Connecticut
This publisher ripoffs the authors and illustrators she shows on her website. I illustrated two books for her and she never paid me one dime despite signed contracts. I am not alone. Others are trying to get a class action case against her. She looks legitimate but most of the books don't even exist. She is a fraud. Elaine N. Salem, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: S. Glastonbury, Connecticut
Nov 26 2001
Koszinski group - Delphi Press beware of this ripoff
My aunt ordered a book from Delphi Press at the following address: 521 5th Avenue #1700 New York, New York 10175. The title of the book she ordered was Slot Magic and was supposed to offer tips for gambling at the casino. The cost of the book was $39.95. Two weeks later, she received a booklet in the mail from the Koszinski Group. There was no return address, and the book she received was The Master's Stroke, an explicit guide to better sexual relations. She asked me to find anything I could about the Koszinski group, and when I typed it in, my search engine led me to you. People should beware of Delphi Press as well
Entity: New York, New York
Mar 29 2000
Ron Fry ..Book publishers who lie. Career Press New Jersey
Beware, all writers and creative types, of a company called Career Press in New Jersey. It's run by someone called Ron Fry, who lies on the phone about what you'll get paid if he publishes your work, then sends you a deceptive contract. After you sign it, he all but disappears and denies what he promised you. This guy's a real piece of work, and runs a fairly large publishing house. I'm not the only one who's been taken by him, and he's been denounced by a nationally syndicated columnist, other, more legitimate publishers, attorneys who've had to work with others seeking fairness, and many other writers. The almighty buck rules at this company, and quality of work runs a distant second. It was the worse mistake of my career to trust this person and sign with him. ALWAYS have your contracts reviewed by an attorney before signing; no matter what it costs, it's worth it.
Entity: New Jersey, New Jersey
Oct 13 2006
AM Press Associates ripoff Miami Florida
2 guys came to my house selling magazines. They didn't have much of anything that I needed, but talked me into 2. One for me and one for my not even 2 year old daughter. Yeah, i'm stupid because I fell for their trap. It's been 3 months and i have seen nothing but the stupid grocery coupons. Those are another scam. You have to send your requests in and you may or may not get the coupons that you want. I haven't even wasted my time. So word to the wise, DON'T TRUST THOSE IDIOTS!! Dana shell lake, WisconsinU.S.A.
Oct 20 2006
AM Press Assoc ripoff Miami Florida Florida
While i was at work a young group of men came to my door Saying they were from AM PRESS ASSOC, asking my wife to buy magazines.being the good hearted woman she is,she bought a few!!!!!Oops after they left she got a funny feeling,so she looked up the name online. She found out her worrys were right!!We read the other people's remarks .Beware of the scum . If anyone comes to your door ask for a name and number to comfirm what they are selling is real.we learned our lesson the hard way. B...E...W...A...R...E !!!!!! Jason eugene, OregonU.S.A.
Entity: Miami Florida 33172, Florida
Oct 13 2006
AM Press Association - MAGS R US ripoff MIAMI Florida
A YOUNG MAN CAME TO MY DOOR AND SAID HE HAD JUST GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL AND HE'S CURRENTLY IN HIS FIRST YEAR OF COLLEGE. HE SAID THAT HE NEEDED MONEY TO HELP PAY FOR COLLEGE AND TO START HIS OWN BUSINESS AND THAT MAGS R US WAS HIS TICKET. HE ASSURED MY HUSBAND AND I THAT THIS WAS NOT A RIP OFF JUST A WAY OF HELPING HIM. THIS IS HOW IT WENT: YOU GIVE ME HALF TODAY AND YOU SEND IN THIS STUB TO MAGS R US INCLUDING YOUR REMAINDER BALANCE. I ORDERED ONE MAGAZINE AND GAVE HIM 12.45 IN CASH BECAUSE MY HUSBAND AND I WERE FEELING UNSURE. THE YOUNG MAN TOOK THE MONEY AND WENT ON HIS WAY. WE PUSH THE ISSUE ASIDE AND TODAY JUST WHEN I WAS ABOUT TO SEND IN THE REST OF THE MONEY WHEN I REALIZED THAT THERE WASN'T A NUMBER TO BE FOUND. SOMETHING TOLD ME TO LOOK THIS COMPANY UP SO I COULD CALL AND THIS IS WHAT I GOT AND IT WAS THEN THAT I REALIZED THAT THIS HAD TO BE A SCAM AND I WAS CAUGHT IN IT. SO HERE I AM REPORTING THIS INCIDENT NOT SURE OF WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN BUT I'M GLAD I DECIDED TO STOP BY. Janique Lawton, OklahomaU.S.A.
Entity: MIAMI, Florida
Sep 26 2009
IRONWOOD PRESS They just don't get it. Littleton, Colorado
On June 3rd 2009 I sent a check in the amount of$19.96 to Ironwood Press for a booklet for the growing of citrus.About 3 weeks later I noticed that I had not received that booklet. I spoke to the Owner and he said that they were in the process of relocating.He stated that I would definitely receive my booklet. However TIME went by and Idid not hear anything from Ironwood Press. I checked the Web and found that they had located in Colorado.At that time I had a physical address and a supposed telephone number.Everytime I called the BOX always seemed to be filled. It has been over 3 months and they have never communicated with me.In my opinion they a LOUSY COMPANY to do business with. At this point I think they should refund my monies to me.As a Penn State Master Gardener I feeled that I should also let other Land Grant Universities ex:Penn State, Rutgers University,Cornell University and other Agricultural Colleges know about about Ironwood Press. Please Sirs do what you can to remedy this situation. I do not like to be put in a position such as this.
Entity: Littleton, Colorado
Aug 17 2008
AM Press Associates Door to Door scam selling magazines Miami Florida
A boy and a girl knocked on my door and were selling magazines for a chance to win a scholarship to college. They needed the most points to win they told me. They tried to get me to buy one from each of them. I hesated for a while, because I didn't want to buy any. I was pregnant and have a 1 year old, but they kept on pushing their sale. After a few minutes of trying to pursue me they asked to come, becuase it was hot out. I was uncomfortable the with the situation, and let them in. I explanied I was in college and understood, but I really can't afford it. They made me feel so guilty and were so pushey that I just bought a Disney Magazine Subscription for my daughter. I knew something was fishey when I had to write my check for Cash. I've learned my leson. They asked for water so I made them wait outside and brought them two bottled waters. Reva d Fort Myers, FloridaU.S.A.

Showing 26-50 | Showing Page 2 of 215