MAGIC JACK Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: magic jack

There may be more reports for "magic jack"

For more results perform a general search for "magic jack"

Showing 51-75 of 6,540 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "magic jack"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Dec 13 2011
Magic Jack MagicJack customer service Morons Internet, Internet
I started using MJ three years ago. Over time the service dropped to 50 percent working. I thought it was a bad internet connection, or a bad Magic Jack. Then a couple weeks ago, I got the brillant idea to plug the jack into my USB port without the cable. Problem solved pretty much. I started to shop online for a replacement USB cable, but could not find one like the original issue USB cable which looks like it is shielded to prevent interference, and is only 6 inches long, instead of the typical 6 feet unshielded USB cables. I don't want to just leave the jack plugged in because I'm going to knock it off accidently. So I get on a web site chat to try to order a replacent USB cable. After waiting to connect to customer service for around 15 minutes, Natalie Moron advised me to go to the store and buy an ethernet cable to replace the USB cable. Escalated to a stupervisor and was told to buy one at the internet store. MJ is turning back flips to sell more products, but they don't offer even basic support for the products they have sold and long term customers. For that reason I withdraw my previous recommendations to buy MJ. Bad business model, I hope they fail, but they don't care, they will just get bought and hopefully the new owners will step up to the plate and support their products.
May 06 2011
Magic Jack professional thieves total technical incompetance Detroit, Internet
I had the worst experience in trying to set up this unbelievable new telephone system.I have the most up to date HP computer and a brand new Panasonic telephone (portables) and after being online in excess of 5 hours and being disconnected (ooops - their words) 4 times, I was no further ahead in getting this device to work where I could get even a dial tone on my telephone.I was made to authorize one years rate plus, being in Canada, I needed to pay an additional $10.00 for a local Canadian telephone number. These amounts are plus tax of course.When I finally obtained a telephone number (from Mastercard only as Master jack  would not supply me with the number  281-404-1551), I was told that I would only be credited the yearly fee and they are to keep the additional $10.00 because the number was registered to me (I could not go further in the installation without the number). I thought this was outrageous (do the math 1 million people $10.00/customer) however, they were adamant that they would not refund these funds. So much for customer service as I never did have the ability to actually use the number I was assigned.My words to you all -- be very careful in dealing with such a despicable company that use very deceptive practices.
Entity: Detroit, Internet
Nov 24 2011
Magic Jack Fraudulent free trial billing Internet, Internet
I tried availing the Magic Jack Plus free trial a couple of hours ago, I basically filled out their application (2 steps). First I indicated my information (name & address), once done you'll be directed to a page where you will choose to provide your debit or credit information. I provided my credit information thinking that it will be used to ensure that they will bill me once I don't discontinue my trial and continue using my account after 30 days (which was also indicated in their website).What happened here is that after clicking submit, there was an error posted in the field beside the card number, I thought it was an honest mistake that I wasn't able to input my card number correctly so I tried again, it still didn't work and had the same error. I then switched to using my debit card since maybe my credit card wasn't working due to technical issues. When I clicked submit order using my debit it still didn't work, now I was kind of concerned so I checked my online statement and just like magic, I have 2 pending bills posted in my credit card from magic jack and 2 debit transactions also from magic jack amounting to $81.64 each. I tried contacting the support desk and the person said to me that they don't have it in their records so I would have to contact them again in a couple of hours. The good thing here is that the person provided a ticket number that I can refer to when I follow it up.This is such an inconvenience, I'll be in the process of disputing those transactions with my bank just to make sure, and I'll be in the process of cancelling my order with Magic Jack once they get a view of it in their system. The misleading part here is that they're offering a free trial, yet I was already billed even if I didn't get any web confirmation that my trial request was successful. Very poor web interface and hopefully this was caused only by a bug in the system and that I can get my money back. Again, why am I being billed on a free trial. Total ripoff!
Mar 07 2011
Magic Jack International Call Rip Off Internet
I purchased magic jack aproximately 2 months ago.  For local and calls in the US the phone works with the limitations of the computer having to be on.  The problem and it is a big problem for me is calling internationally.  I have explorer 8 and Windows 7.  Mine is a new computer.  I cannot call internationally.  I purchased the international  minutes(not at the lowest cost avaliable I might add) and the phone rings but then disconnects.  When I contact the international phone, in the case the UK, I am told the phone never rang. By the way Skype works perfectly.  Now begins the customer service NIGHTMARE!  After finally getting through.  I am told the problem is being transfered to Engineering.  Several days pass.  I call back for an estimated date.  There is no estimated date for phone problem resolution.  I then ask for compensation for my inconvience.  I am told there is no compensation for this problem. I ask to speak to a supervisor,  I am told they are the supervisor.  After much typing (dang chat technical service)  I get an email address for my complaint.   I then ask for my money back for international minutes purchased.  Now they give me an estimated time for my account to be credited.  5 working days.   Magic Jack is just not all it is cracked up to be.  THEY CHARGE YOU FOR INTERNATIONAL MINUTES AND CANNOT DELIVER.  This bug should have been worked ou tall the bugs before they charge the public.  I purchased magic jack to save money.  Skype works better!  Magic Jack get your act together
Oct 17 2012
Magic Jack charges for minutes that were previously free Internet
After giving free service for several months; the company now, will not complete the call without my purchasing prepaid minutes.I contacted customer support on-line and was told that there was nothing that could be done. The party I was calling contacted the local phone service provider and was assured that there were no charges being levied on magic jack for the call. After sending an email to the company. I was never contacted and no acknowledgement was made that I had attempted to work with the company to fix the sudden problem.
Oct 16 2012
Magic Jack I was ripped off also Internet, Florida
I was also a customer of Magic Jack for about two years. Then all of a sudden I am informed after trying to make a local call that it requires me to buy a calling card. Their advertisment still says that if one buys a Magic Jack the customer can make unlimited calls. Which a blantant falsehood. I am trying to get the word put thast agic Jack is a rippoff of the worse kind. I have conatcted my local carrier and they also agree that it sounds like a bait and switch issue. I also contacted the Missouri Attornet Generals office.
Entity: Internet, Florida
Sep 27 2012
Magic Jack Bogus annual fee for number porting , Internet
I paid Magic Jack $19.99 to port my home phone number to them on 20 Sep 2011.  (note: other phone companies do this for free)  At that time, they said it was a one-time fee, and that no additional charges would be added. I have just been informed that I now need to pay an additional $9.95 fee every year to keep my number ported (what?).  This is unheard of in the phone industry.  The worthless on-line chat person told me that I agreed to it and that I could find the policy on their website.  I looked, and the policy was dated 06 Jul 2012, TEN MONTHS AFTER I originally paid the one-time fee. The on-line chat person told me that I could see the agreement on the website if I went and clicked on the transfer my phone number tab.  Of course it is listed there, NOW!  It wasn't there when I agreed to pay the fee.  It is also not listed ANYWHERE in their Terms of Service on there website. I am now a couple of days and $100 into a five year renewal plan, and if I walk away over $9.95, they won't refund my prorated amount, so either way I lose. And as a side note, I just found out that whey will charge you $30 to have your number un-ported so you can use your home phone number with another company.  Another non-existent practice anywhere else in the phone industry!
58, Report #872058
Apr 22 2012
Magic Jack magicJack.com Bait and Switch and False Advertisment Internet
I had purchased this magicJack Plus unit at Best Buy here in Orlando, Florida. We bought it because the packaging clearly states Free Your Own Phone Number and Free International Calling, neither features were free. I was charged $10 to keep my old phone number, and when my wife tried to call Italy the telephone companies recorded message stated that the call could not be completed because we did not have a paid service for international calling. I'm really surprised that this company is allowed to do this, magicJack is not a new company, they have been around for a number of years now and still the various state attorney offices and even the Federal Trade Commission still allows this to go on? I guess until such things affect our congressman and senators personally, nothing will get done.
Jun 20 2012
Magic Jack Charged to Port MY Phone Number, Internet
My complaint stems from a Magic Jack experience involving porting my phone number to another carrier. In short they charged me $31 to move my number! I had read the entire service agreement and it says nowhere in it, that I will be charged for porting a number to another company. Magic Jack did their level best to prevent me from transferring my service! This started a week ago when I was sent a notification about my phone number not being paid for?  Come to find out Magic Jack says my number was a Vanity Number and I had to pay a separate fee for it. Not sure what contitutes a Vanity Number since i pulled the number from their website when I signed up 3 years ago and this is the first time I have been billed for the Vaity Number, go figure. After jumping through no less than 5 hoops (pin numbers, email address, passwords, address, zip codes, you name it) in the end Magic Jack said it would cost me $31 to port the number! Magic Jack continues to reveal what I perceive to be criminal practices and they know the average person does not have the backing to fight the good fight and make an example of their shady business practices. Not sure this complaint will involve anyone else, or if anyone will even care, but you can throw my hat in the ring for a responder to a lawsuit against Magic Jack anytime, anywhere. I have had it with corporate stealing the consumer blind, 5 cents at a time!!!
Jun 28 2012
Magic Jack Somebody Please Start A Class Action Lawsuit , Internet
Deceptive and shady business practices. After ordering the Magic Jack Plus online with a FREE 30 Day Unbilled Trial, the product shipped 4 days later and did not fully work. Also, they charged the full amount of the product and services. I found this out after minutes of talking to the useless Live Chat Agent: Apparently, the 30 Day unbilled trial is only for Credit Cards, not Debit Cards. Gee, I must have missed that disclaimer, if it were only on the website somewhere, even in small print. But it's not. back in 2009, Florida Attorney General investigated Magic Jack for the 30 Free trial: http://www.myfloridalegal.com/newsrel.nsf/newsreleases/9AB7BCD85D653209852575990049D925 So  Magic Jack still continues to operate with as much shade as possible. Already frustrated, I spent more time with their LIVE Chat Agent, being escalated from one person to another to find out the Magic Jack Adapter is broken and needs to be replaced. I guess I made the assumption that they would immediately send out a replacement, after all, that's what any good standing business would do, right? Not exactly. two days later I receive an email: Dear Customer, Thank you for contacting us. Kindly return the defective power adapter to us and we will send you a replacement adapter. Send the defective adapter to: PO Box 6846 West Palm Beach, Fl 33405 Please include the following RMA number, 23043621, along with your name and mailing address so we can send you the replacement adapter Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions. Sincerely, magicJack Support So to completely comprehend what is happening: I paid in FULL for a defective product which I now have to return at my own expense. And between the shipping time, I might be able to use the product in a week. I don't think so. So I log into my bank account online and retrieve the Magic Jack Phone number linked to the charge in West Palm Beach: 561-594-9925. Answered by a recording which gives you another number for Tech problems: 561-594-9787 which gives you an annoying repetitive message from the owner himself, (more good reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Borislow )which after waiting 30 minutes, no one answers. I resume back to the LIVE CHAT Agent which tells me the higher authority came from the email i received so there is nothing they can do to help me. At a boiling point, I ask for a supervisor. Ken told me he was the highest level of customer care and then abruptly ended the chat... ...Class action lawsuit anyone? Apparently, you can't. It's in their Shady Terms of Service (TOS), which you can't access from the home page of their site: http://magicjack.com/tos/. Speaking of TOS I just found out they were trying to sue a company, Boing, Boing for defamation and Magic Jack lost: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MagicJack. In March 2009, Boing, Boing blogged an article about Magic Jack's fake visitors counter and Magic Jack took legal action for defamation against Boing Boing over its assessment of MagicJack's terms of service,[10]which included assertions that the MagicJack End User License Agreement (EULA) allows the company to snoop on users by analyzing their calls for the purpose of targeting advertising and that the EULA requires users to waive the right to sue in court. Wow, after my adventure (and it's far from over) I can only assume Consumer Reports gave them an excellent rating on their product and NOT their customer service. I believe a RATING should be based on the ENTIRE EXPERIENCE. If in fact, Consumer Reports had received a defected product and had to call or chat for customer service/tech support, Magic Jack would indeed be out of business.
Apr 11 2008
Magic Jack internet phone devices Internet
First of all, the Magic Jack is considered to be a Beta application, meaning they haven't worked out all of the kinks. And it does have it's kinks. Whenever I restart my computer, I have to hit F10 repeatedly, before the system will even boot, and then I have to boot it from the BIOS menu. Also, you cannot log off or shut down your computer if you want phone service, but I put a password on my screen saver. I continuously check the Web site about local access numbers, and the one in my area always says 'pending' for three months now, which leads me to wonder, maybe they'll never get a local area code for me. Their live chat is a joke. If the person you are chatting with gets stumped by your queries, they will conveniently disconnect the chat session, and then you have to wait for another one to help you, sometimes up to an half an hour. I feel sorry for the man who bought the so- called 'Platinum' five year service. I only ordered it for a year, but if you weren't careful, on the Web form it sneakily checks the box for two years service for an extra $19.95. They may eventually work the kinks out, so hold off on purchasing-- Nanshe State of Confusion, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Jan 08 2014
MAGIC JACK 30 DAY FREE TRIAL IS A RIP OFF Internet
magic jack plus offers a 30 day free money back guarantee which is a rip off, after 1 week of tring magic jack plus i returned it, it will not work for multiple phone lines, I also made the largest of all mistakes by what they call porting my old phone number from at&t to magic jack, (DO NOT DO THAT), after I returned the unit at my expence, they charged me a one time fee as they decribed it of 21.55 to have there service, then another 3.34 for 911 service plus a charge of 32.34 for porting my number back to at&t,  and on top of all that after having been an at&t  customer for the last 40 years at&t charged me for having my account as a new service, which included a reconnect fee totaling 167.80. I reget ever tring it DO NOT TRY IT
Jul 09 2013
Magic Jack MagicJack is a scam - user beware Internet
 I bought and installed MagicJack on june 22, 2013. I also made a mistake of porting my number from my previous carrier to MagicJack for a price of $19.95 + tax. My magic jack worked for couple of hours after install and it was downhill from there. there was no dial tone on the phone, I contacted MagicJack via online chat which is the only method of contacting their only customer service/Svc tech, i went to all the levels of customer support they have. I had about 8 trouble tickets in three days, each of those tickets lasted an average of 3 hours each with MagicJack. By the way one of the things magic jack did well was to remove time stamp from its chat...on two of the chats the service techs abandoned me - on one of them while I was on hold i made dinner, took an hour walk,  took a shower, ate dinner, put the kids to sleep  and still no response from customer service. when I tried starting a new chat session, I got Our hours of operations are 9AM-10PM EST Monday-Saturday and 10AM-7PM EST on Sundays. Please visit us again during our hours of operations.  You can also also browse our FAQ section for the most common questions and asnwers at magicJack.com/faq So apperently the service tech did not have the courtesy to tell me it was time to shut down. Quite unlike me I did not give up after this, I was determined to make magic jack work for me. So the next day, i go on MagicJack chat again.I spent about 3 + hours with the service tech this time, I gave her permission to remote into my computer. She uploaded, downloaded, we plugged & unplugged, still magic jack did not work. she said she cannot help me and rudely asked if I needed help with something else. she blamed the issue on my internet service.Still determined,  i contacted my internet provider, My internet provider came to my house, checked everything on the network, network was working properly. At this point I contact magic jack again, I might have been blacklisted because the next rep  abandoned me yet again - i was on hold for more than 4hours. the next day i decided to find out if the problem was actually magic jack or my Internet service like MagiJack claimed. I bought and installed Nettalk. Nettalk worked properly like a phone should and has been working well since July 1,2013. I now decided to get my old number that never worked on Magic jack back, MagicJack sent me a $30 porting fee before they can release my number to Nettalk. i pleaded and explained to the reps but all that fell on deaf ears.  despite the fact MagicJack did not provide me any service, they only provided nightmare and furstration. MagicJack sold me e a defective product that they told me they cannnot fix and when i told them i want to move my number to another provider they offered to replace their defective product for $11.80. if this is not a scam I do not know what is. There's got to be a way to stop MagicJack from ripping people off.
Aug 12 2014
magic jack Eric Bishop unkown Internet
Hi i jusy wanted to get magic jack so i called one phone no was under magic jacj dealer from the internet.        They gave me one person named  Aric Biship .Ithink that was also phoy name. Aric told us if u want good magic jack send 165 amercan dollers to india by westren uonion .he gave us this person,s name Aeer Ali  so we did send mony at AUG 2 .HE SAID WE WILL GET NEW DEVICEby 72 hrs .But we are still  did not get any thing yet.When we call him he does not answer the phone.His no is 1855-466-4121 The other persons name who is india is Ameer Ali..Please help me Iam 70 years old with lots of helth problems. my name is                                                                                               ASKARI IZHAR  MY EMAIL ((((redactAD)))
65, Report #982024
Dec 14 2012
magic jack will not take phone calls Internet
I have a problem with magic jack and cannot get any person to take a call other than the chat service which is a waste of time. The product is hopeless!!!
Oct 21 2014
Magic Jack Misleading, false charges Nationwide
I have used Magic Jack with no problems the past seven years or so. I always renew for a year at a time. This year however I could not afford to do so. On August 18th my service for the year was up. I went without for a short while. On September 18th I paid on my phone service to turn it on, I had the option of paying five (5) dollars for one month of service which I chose. Yesterday, October 20th my service went out again so I opted to pay five (5) dollars for another month. Used my phone all day and night with no problem. When we woke up this morning I found another email from MagicJack confiriming an order that was placed around 3am while we were asleep, renewing my phone for a year and charging it to my card. I contacted MagicJack about this and was told that I turned on the auto renewal feature. ......  I did not. Not only did I NOT turn it on, there is absolutely NOTHING on the page named 'Auto Renewal on my account page with them. They assured me they would cancel this 'order' and that I needed to turn 'auto renewal' off. No way shape or form of doing this on their site. So I got the confirmation email that this order they made was cancelled. Went to use my phone because I paid for another month yesterday......and was prompted to pay if I wanted to use my phone.......ie...month, 6 months, etc... I contacted them again which I kept a copy of the entire live chat conversation. I explained that yes I contacted someone to cancel the 'unrequested' order  but that I had paid for another month and my whole account has been cancelled now and I want credit for the month I paid and have my phone on. Well needless to say I felt like a rocket scientist trying to teach rocket science to first graders. I finally called and got through to someone higher up, was on hold for quite a while, finally she came back and this is what I was told..........Your account expired August 18th........on September 18th you paid five dollars for one month........that month was from August to September......yesterday you paid for a month which was from September to October so your account has expired. When your account expires we give you a 120 day grace period in which you can pay. Paying five dollars per month Ms Vaughn you are really spending way too much for your phone, YOu would save more money buying six months at a time.....and so forth........in NO WAY  does it state that the five dollars I paid for was BACK PAY. NO WHERE on my account does it say that there is a 120 day grace period. The five dollars I paid per month ran from september to october. They turned off my phone and pulled this out of thier rears when I called them out on a false charge. They are making up 'false statements' of service as they go. NEVER in the years I have used them have I had this horrible experience and NEVER has anyone EVER made up rules etc. about a service I have used, ever. How can they get away with this?
Entity: Nationwide
Jan 24 2013
Magic Jack dont give them a card # Miami , Florida
I got a magic jack,,, not the plus but the original MJ  I first read All of the complaints about it ,but I ordered one anyways from a electronics web site it was 43.60 with shipping   When I got ready to set it up you can pick your phone # from any state you want...don't pay them to transfer your old # just pick one, you will see at least 8 offers  on good deals trying to get a card #  from you JUST SAY  NO TO ALL OF THESE OFFERS Do not pay for service in advance! The complaint I have about MJ is if you log off  the user account the MJ goes off no dial tone so just let your screen saver come on & leave your computer on All the time & it works fine..... It is clearer no static than the land line phone I had from Frontier communications That I was paying 78.00$ a month for a basic phone that did not even include voice mail.  My o pion of MJ is some of those people  they have working for them, they are the ones that charge more to your card once YOU give it to them!......... When it gets time to pay for another year I am going to pay with a pre paid debit card with just enough to pay for another year The MJ + is just so your phone will stay on when you turn off your PC  It has the adapter that it gets its electricity from, the old MJ gets it from your PC (BOTH of the MJs) ...you still have to have an Internet connection . But if you keep those customer service  people out of it, you can set up the MJ your self because it is all computerized to set up your account & phone # & connection. So I think MJ is great so far so good ....just DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD ###$  Oh, your FIRST year of service is included in the cost of your MJ....Don't give them your card #  for anything else & dont even buy the MJ from MJ you can buy it on line from electronic stores or amazon That way MJ will not have your card # ... that way they can't make a MISTAKE and bill you for 5 years of advance service or some of there other  GREAT OFFERS!
Entity: Miami, Florida
Apr 11 2013
Magic Jack Free Trial is a SCAM!!!!! Internet
BEWARE of the free trial there is nothing free about it!! I signed up for a free trial and it stated online and in my email that I would not be charged for a month. But right after i signed up they charged me in full. I tried multiple times to figure out why and every time they told be it was a bank issue and one online chat lady (Janna) actually just quit talking to me she disconnected the chat. They kept trying to tell me the bank puts a hold on it and they do not receive any money therefore they did nothing wrong! The issue is if I had known they put a hold on my money for a month apparently? I would not have gone through with the free trial. They should be honest and upfront about their charges instead of scamming innocent people. They are bunch of liars and scammers, They don't even give you a way to call or get in touch with anyone if you have an issue. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THESE DISHONEST PEOPLE!!
Feb 17 2013
magic jack Never received - Shipped USPS NO Signature Required, Internet
Got an email from Dan B with Magicjack on Dec 29, 2012 offering the Magicjack Plus for $34.95. Offer good until 1-1-2013. I ordered on 12-31-2012. Never received. Did receive a notice that my card rejected their charges which I had initiated after 1-31-1013. When I contacted magicjack chat, I was told I owed $81 instead of the $34.95. Then they said my Magicjack was delivered 1-4-2013. I asked who signed and they said no one. I live in a very rural area and we use the old style of mail box located on the corner of each block. I asked if they could track whether it had been activated and if so by whom. They said no. They offered to ship me a second unit but only at the $81 price. I elected to cancel the order and they said they were unable to do that but they would refer my account to the billing dept. At this point, I don't know if the device is any good or if it even works but after this experience I guess I'll never know.
Aug 12 2013
Magic Jack Villa Rica Georgia
Magic does not inform the customer of a ten dollar renewal fee on a number transferred when you purchase a five year agreement.  I am being told I cannot be reimbursed, tried to transferred the number over to another company after paying for five years in advance with magic jack.  The number is literally being held hostage and cannot be transferred.  The annually fee being addvertised is not $19.95 a year.
Entity: Villa Rica , Georgia
Jul 27 2013
Magic Jack False advertising Internet us
 Magic Jack advertises thet they will allow you to transfer any unused service time from an old magic jack to the new Magic Jack. FALSE!! When you contact them with the new Magic Jack they ask you to register it. After you register it they say you cannot transfer the old service. They hide behind a chat line and no live phone communication so your are powerless to do anything. When they get tired of answering your questions, they cut you off without warning. Terrible customer service. I will never renew my magic jack once mine expires.
Entity: Select State/Province
Sep 01 2013
Magic Jack false advertising poor quality service Internet
recently started with magic jack over a year ago. Saw it in store and online figured $20 a year wasn't bad for home phone service. Found it to be the worst experience I have ever had.   They do not explain that you should really only have it hooked up for one phone in the house. If you have it connected to multiple phones it may not work depending on the ren of the phone. Then when it came time to renew I ended paying more than the $20 advertised, and now they are telling me I have to pay an extra $10 to keep my number. Why didn't it say that when I renewed it.   I'm getting rid of it and I guess i'm losing the money big amount of money I paid up front.
Feb 21 2014
magic jack save YOUR money nationwide
You will spend more time with customer service (if you can get them) then you will spend using your phone system and it will still not work. I lost track of how many hours I wasted trying to get them to fix it.
Entity: Select State/Province
Oct 24 2013
Magic Jack took payment, did not acknowledge recieving it internet
**My experience with Magic Jack Phone service**[http://www.magicjack.com] I have a Magic Jack phone. It is a VOIP phone. Just buy the box and make a small credit card payment (34.39$) for 1 year of service. It has voice mail, call display, and free North America long distance too. Sounds great…right? That’s what I thought too…until now anyway… I don’t have a credit card…don’t like them, so I bought a prepaid American Express card to pay for the phone. No problem. My subscription was to expire on November 06 2013. Uh oh! Better buy another pre-paid card to pay it off. I got a pre-paid Visa this time. I logged on to Magic Jack and selected the option to renew for 1 year. I entered my credit card info and numbers…so far so good. I clicked on “Process Order” and waited for the hour glass to stop. The site tells me “Unable to process your payment method. Please try another card.” WTF? I must have mis-keyed the credit card info. I tried it again making sure to be extra careful, and not make a mistake. Again it said Unable to process your payment…WTF? I had checked this Visa before hand, online to make sure it was activated and had funds. Kind of confused, I checked the Visa online again. I see a payment had gone through to MAGICJACK.COM for 34.39$. OK what the hell! I log back on to Magic Jack and see if there is a phone number for customer service. No number, but there was a “live chat” option. OK…better than nothing, I’ll try it. An agent came online and I explained my problem. She asked for my info, asked what kind of credit card, she asked if I was certain there are funds on it. I replied that there are no longer funds on it because a payment had gone through to Magic Jack. She seemed puzzled and asked a bit more about the credit card. When she found out it was a prepaid card she explained that they don’t accept prepaid cards. (What? Are you kidding me?)  She inquired about why I wasn’t using a “real” credit card. (Really? How is this any of your business?) She advised me to find a friend and use their credit card for payment (So now I’m supposed to start begging my friends for help?) I explained to her that my original payment WAS made with a prepaid MasterCard, and it went through without a problem. I also told her that the payment WAS deducted from my Visa. If they do not accept prepaid cards then why was I billed? She told me that the funds would be refunded…it would take between 2 hours and a week. (REALLY? You can’t be serious! WTF?) This was about 2 hours after I was billed. She advised me to check with Visa again. I did this and found the payment was still there and there had been no refunds. I was getting quite pissed by this time. I advised her that I would be taking legal action if the money was not refunded. I also made it clear that I would be blogging LOUDLY and everywhere possible about my frustrating experiences in dealing with Magic Jack. **Some advice for Magic Jack**If you DO NOT accept prepaid credit cards then state it CLEARLY on your website.If you DO NOT accept prepaid credit cards then simply decline the transaction. DO NOT bill the customer then promise to refund the money.Get a customer service phone line. None of this “live chat” instant message bullshit! You ARE a phone company act like it! I should be able to talk live to a real person if I have questions or concerns.Don’t question me about why I don’t have a “real” credit card. It’s none of your damn business.Don’t suggest that I start begging around for a buddy with a credit card. This is my experience with Magic Jack, and I want EVERYBODY to know about it! I want everybody to feel free to repost this blog ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE. In fact PLEASE repost it![http://www.magicjack.com] Thank you! That is my rant for today!
Sep 13 2013
Magic jack 'Charged my card multiple times again Internet
i went to the Magic Jack website to renew my device for another year. It asked me to input the security code for the credit card on file, then a message popped up that the payment could not be processed, enter a new card, which I did, then clicked to place the order and again it tells me the payment can't be processed, enter the card again. I did this three times before it successfully placed the order, and then I received 3 alerts that the same amount had been charged to my two cards three times! So that error message is bogus, as it does make the charge...I guess they hope you won't notice until you get your statement weeks later or maybe not at all. Lucky I have alerts set up but still I have to now go through disputing the charges with the credit card companies. I was assured by the live chat person (not in the US) that the additional charges would be dropped, but I remembered that this same thing happened last year when I renewed and I had to dispute the charges. He tried blaming me for having too many cards on file with them but THEY save the card information each time you are prompted to enter it! What a completely predatory way of doing business. I wish I had remembered last year's problems, but I know now I will NEVER forget again nor will I renew this device again....who needs this hassle? It's obviously designed to work in a fraudulent manner since it hasn't been fixed in a year!

Showing 51-75 | Showing Page 3 of 262