NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: national magazine exchange

There may be more reports for "national magazine exchange"

For more results perform a general search for "national magazine exchange"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jun 02 2004
NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE ripoff N.M.E. NORTH CLEARWATER, FL 33764 INTERNET
MY FATHER IS POLICEMAN, HE SAID TIRED OF NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE SWEEPSTAKES $1,000,000 BY PAT HAINES.. HE WILL CONTACT FLORIDA POLICE DEPT IN CLEARWATER AREA. AND THEY ARE GOING AGAINST FOR FALSE INFORMATION AND BREAK THE LAW.. AND FELONY FROM PEOPLE'S CREDIT CARD NUMBER AND TAKE MONEY AWAY FROM THEM.. I THOUGHT ITS WAS MAGAZINE AND ENTRY SWEEPSTAKES FROM NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE AT BUSINESS OUR COMPANY.. OH MY GODNESS ABOUT FALSE AND LIAR ABOUT SWEEPSTAKES AND TRY STOLE FROM PEOPLE'S MONEY.. I JUST RECEVIED LETTER WITH SWEEPSTAKES FROM PAT HAINE, LOOKING LIKE CALL 1-800-444-6247 I.D.# AND SINCERELY PAT HIANES SALE REPRESENTATIVE.. WE PAY MAGAZINE AND ENTRY SWEEPSTAKES MANY TIME SINCE 1995 UNTIL MY FATHER FIND OUT ABOUT NATIONAL MAGAZINES EXCAHNGE WERE SCAM AND LIAR EACH OTHER AND WANT MONEY FROM PEOPLE.. OWOW BIG PROBLEM!! I WANT PERSON SEND TO JAIL FOR FALSE INFORMATION AND FELONY FROM CREDIT CARD NUMBER AND ORDER MAGAZINE & ENTRY SWEEPSTAKES ARE NOT APPERICATE.. THANK YOU Dionna MUNCIE, IndianaU.S.A.
Entity: MUNCIE, Indiana
May 05 2004
National Magazine Exchange won't let me cancel! Rip-off!Clearwater Florida
I wanted to win the sweepstakes, but now I am in a mess. I tried to cancel once already but they just shrunk down my payments. They sent me watches and I have started to receive unwanted magazines. I don't know how to cancel. I don't want to be sent to bill collectors... I just want out. How do I go about this? Emily Steger, IllinoisU.S.A.
Feb 28 2004
National Magazine Exchange Scam , ILLEGAL Clear Water Florida
I recieved a call on the 27th of feb and the lady said I was entered to win 50,000 dollars and I was going to recieve a free quartz watch in the mail I just had to choose the Female or Male watch. I said ok then she proceeded to tell me that I could recieve 3 magazines for FREE as a promotion,I again said ok. I also told her that I will not be paying for anything today. She said thats fine and then told me that she wanted me to talk to her supervisor and tell him about her performance over the phone because she is new. I said ok. About 5 minutes later the supervisor called me back and asked me about her politeness and skills and I said she did fine Blah blah blah. The supervisor then asked me what style watch I wanted and I told him the mens style. He then asked me about the FREE magazines and told me what kind I would get and then asked me if I wanted to complete the order. I unfortunatly said ok thinking he was talking about the watch and magazines and he said so we'll put this on your Visa. I said no, I'm not buying anything, and he goes well I already put the order through and we have you recorded saying you will pay so if we dont complete this call I will send this to collections and your credit will be ruined for 7-10 years! I never gave him my visa ,ssn, or anything and if this does go through to collections for some reason there will be a lawsuit. Meagan phx, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
54, Report #119763
Nov 24 2004
National Magazine Exchange ripoff $1,000,000.00 Strike it Rich IV Sweepstakes Clearwater Florida
Like others reported, i recieved an Important Delivery Letter Inside, CALL 1-800-***-**** ID # ****** Dear ****, We are trying to reach you regarding your $1,000,000.00 sweepstakes. Please call us at the above number. THis is a free call. Sincerely- Pat Haines, Sales Representative after reading the back (saying that the 'drawing' would not take place until the end of the year) i looked on here and realized that others had been ripped off with this already so i did not call the numbers. Jackie Burton, OhioU.S.A.
Sep 23 2002
National Magazine Exchange ripoff abused & mistreated consumer rip-off fraud corruption consumer Clearwater Florida
THIS COMPANY IS FAKE PLEASE JOIN THE CRUSADE AGAINST THEM. THEY WAY TO BURY THEM INTO THE GROUND IS TO CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANIES AND DISPUTE ALL CHARGES AND THEN CALL NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE AND TELL THEM THAT YOU JUST TOLD YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANIES TO DISPUTE ALL CHARGES FROM THEM BECAUSE YOU KNOW THEY ARE A FRAUDALENT COMPANY AND YOU AND EVERYONE OF THEIR SUBSCRIBERS ARE GOING TO BURY THEM INTO THE GROUND AND HANG UP THE PHONE. tHEN CALL YOUR LAWYER AND TELL THEM YOU WNAT TO SUE THEM. YOU WILL BE REIMBURSED BY nme FORCING THEM GO BELLY UP! jAMES DALLAS, Texas
Aug 20 2002
National Magazine Exchange ripoff fraud business Clearwater Florida
I was surfung the internet and checking Bulk Mail. I am not sure if the message was in the Bulk Mail or if it came up as Important message...You are a winner...Click here!. Nevertheless, I answered to receive something free with a free subscription as a trial. On 2 August 2002, I received a past due notice of $205.92 with a $5.00 late charge. The last thing I need is another bad credit report. This is outrageous! I have sent the magazines back with Return To Sender and Cancel. I hope someone can clear this matter. Dr. D.J. Omaha, Nebraska
Mar 22 2003
National Magazine Exchange rip-off Unsolicited subscriptions & demands for payment Clear Water Florida
i received a letter from national magazine exchange informing me that i had been entered to win $1,000,000,00. After a few weeks i started to receive a bill for some magazines which i had supossedly ordered through them, but i know that i did not order any magazines. after about two weeks after the first bill, i received a letter from their credit department saying that i should pay $201,95 or they would hand me over to their collectors and yet i had never received a single magazine from them. i started receiving magazines about a week after their letter demanding payment and i have received two magazines so far which i never ordered. i want them to stop sending me these magazines and to stop nagging me for payment of something that i never ordered. Georgina Kernersville, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: Clear Water, Florida
Mar 25 2003
National Magazine Exchange falsely represted phone surveys Philadelphia Internet
In summer of 2001 I received a call from someone claiming to be with the National Magazine Exchange, they were conducting a survey...or so I was told. They wanted to know what types of magazines we read or would enjoy as a family. Foolishly I gave them choices for myself- car magazines, parenting magazines for my wife and disney for the kids. I never agreed to order the magazines, I was not aware what so ever that I would be financially responsible for a subscription to all of the magazines indicated above. We began to receive the magazines around Jan of 2002 and I still was not aware of my financial responsibility for them. I never received a bill, or a letter from the company for my wife to contact them. I did think it was strange and should have sent the magazines back, but in busy times I did not. On March 20th I received a letter from Tate & Kirlin collection agency stating that I must pay at least 1/2 of the total owed 186.15= 93.08 by 3-31-03 or I would owe the total of 186.15 plus late charges extetra. Lance Salida, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
Jan 02 2002
National Magazine Exchange Settlement. Oregonians sweepstakes offers with caution
Attorney General Hardy Myers today alerted Oregonians to the importance of treating telephone solicitations and sweepstakes offers with caution. In connection with this reminder, the Department of Justice announced a settlement agreement with Special Data Processing Corporation, a Florida-based company that does business as National Magazine Exchange. By signing an Assurance of Voluntary Compliance under Oregon's Unlawful Trade Practices Act, the company admits to no violation of the law. The company sent out mail pieces directing consumers to call a toll-free number about a sweepstakes. Once the call was made and the consumer was registered in the sweepstakes, a salesperson tried to sell magazine subscriptions and credit card protection. Investigators found that the company failed to provide adequate information to consumers regarding the goods and services it was trying to sell and, more importantly, the company was not registered as an Oregon telemarketer. The Department of Justice received over one hundred consumer complaints since 1997. It is critical that Oregonians exercise great caution in responding to sweepstakes offers, particularly when the offer is associated with a solicitation for goods or services. It is equally critical that those companies offering such goods or services provide adequate and meaningful information upon which consumers may make an educated decision, Myers said. The terms of the agreement require Special Data Processing Corp. to not operate as a telephonic seller in Oregon unless it registers as a telemarketer. The company also agreed that it would provide certain information to consumers when conducting telephone solicitations. The company also paid $25,000 to the Department of Justice Consumer Protection and Education Revolving Account and will provide refunds to consumers who request one and contact the Department of Justice, the Better Business Bureau, or the company itself.
Entity: Oregon
Aug 03 2002
National Magazine Exchange ripoff false promises Clearwater Florida
They told me I was going to be entered into a sweepstakes to win and that I would be receiving certain magazines which I have no idea what they are since I havent received any but I have received a bill for 2 months or better. They say that I owe them $over a hundred dollars and I have not received any magazines and dont know how I can have this bill taken off. I called and I received no confirmation of the magazines. They say that I have received the magazines but all that I have received is a delinquent bill. I would like to have this account cancelled and I do not want to receive any more bills and I do not want any of their stinking magazines. Thank you. Richard Fostoria, Ohio
Feb 01 2009
National Magazine Exchange - Agora Marketing Solutions, Inc. Clearwater Pirates Clearwater Florida
I, too, received a Strike It Rich VI Sweepstakes offer for $2,100,000.00 to be paid either in 30 annual installments of $70,000.00 or a lump sum payment of $1,100,000.00. It has become my habit to check the internet for frauds before responding to anything. I now see from other reports that this is likely another Clearwater, Florida scam. I have had three bank accounts closed because businesses in Clearwater have taken my account information and made charges to my accounts. Clearwater is America's Nigeria when it comes to scamming people out of money. No matter what you do, you cannot get assistance to stop them. They get your information and use it and then move to another address. I feel that the FBI should investigate the entire business community of Clearwater before they harm any more people. If I searched through my files I could probably find some of the places that frauded me out and warn you about them. This has been going on for about five years with Clearwater frauds. One of them billed my account $33 a month for non-use of my account. Whenever I went to their website, which was the only way you could place an order with them, I couldn't get beyond their home page. My bank actually alerted me to this fraud and then, once I stopped depositing money, allowed these people to try to get money from my account and wound up billing me hundreds of dollars in nonsufficient funds at $27 a pop! For me it was one fraud feeding another! Please beware of any offers coming out of Clearwater, Florida if you don't want to keep changing banks. Sdfrenchie San Diego, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Feb 14 2009
Periodicals - National Magazine Exchange Muddy Magazines Lulu montana
Periodicals phoned me to solicit magazines. When I asked for a price they skirted around it and tried to confuse me with different options. They assured me that by giving them a credit card they would only charge me after they gave me a confirmation with pricing by mail. That was not the case.,,,Periodicals charged my account a month's payment and the mailed confirmation was doubled the quoted amount. I immediately tried to reach them on the website, however, they have no web address. I phoned them and left a message. My account was charged and I canceled my card. Beware of these smooth talking scams. Fortunately, I caught this before this became a financial disaster. K Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Lulu, Montana
Nov 09 2008
National Magazine Exchange - E. Scanlon Official Prize Listing Clearwater Florida
On Nov.8, 2008, I received a 3 part form through the U.S. postal mail system dated November 3, 2008. The envelope it arrived in was 3 3/4 tall by 7 1/4 inches wide. It used a postage stamp code system instead of an actual $.39 U.S. stamp. Under the stamp code was one, wide bar code and a underline that was spaced like _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ and 5 narrow bar code boxes with 1 space and 5 more bar code boses just like the first 5. Below that was a note in all capital letters. I will use (all caps) after each section that has all words capitalized. Your Reply is needed by:(all caps), a hole where you could read through to the date of November 27, 2008, from the letter aligned just right to see through the hole. Deadlines are enforced (all caps) was written below the hole. On the left, top side of outer envelope was a box just shy of 1 inch in heigth and 4 3/4 inches wide with 5 tiny sentences, in navy blue ink, titled Notice to All Entraints (all caps), which read...Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission (all italics) (except where prohibited by law) to use winner's name, hometown, likeness, prize won and comments about winning for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (in any and all media including online) without additional compensation. A prize is not transferable or assignable except to a surviving spouse. {I noticed these were the first periods used at the end of their sentences so far}. Below that box was stamped Second Notice from a red ink pad in all capital letters. Inside the envelope was the 3 part form which had the words Official Prize Listing (all caps) as the first top line. It stated the Prive Level, Prize Value, Respond By and Prize Status and headings (all caps). They are Grand Prize (all caps), $45,000.00, Paid in Lump Sum (all caps), November 27, 2008 and Unawarded (all caps). The next line stated Prize to be awarded on 12/31/2008 (all caps). Bar code, name, address, city, state and 9 digit zip code. To the right, Deadline: (all caps) November 27, 2008 again. Written sideways on part 2 of the form. It was from National Magazine Exchange and on the top of page 1 all caps, stated official prize listing. It resembled a bill, with the words in all capital letters official notice retain for your records. This form had a navy blue box with ID # and a 9 digit number inside the box on part 1. On part 2, it had the same box and ID#, but to the left were the words, in all capital letters, registered prize and under that entry number, with the same ID#. They say they have been trying to reach me regarding my $45,000.00 price entry I.D.#123456789 (not the real number, but it is 9 digits long, no spaces. It states my reply is needed by November 27, 2008 to be eligible for prize offerings. It states if my prize entry is selected the winning number in a random drawing I will receive $45,000.00. I am to call 1-800-235-6263 to activate my prize ID# 123456789 (same # listed again) by November 27, 2008. On part 3, last part, is just Sincerely, and E. Scanlon is typed. then there is a signature, which appears to be real, in black ink. And finally, that same Bar Code, as described in detail from the envelope is repeated. The third of the last 3 line states, There is no purchase required to enter or win and a purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Line 2, is at the far right of the form and has EN2024T (all caps) and under this, KIT-05 00005768. Angel **** Ontario, OntarioCanada
Oct 17 2008
National Magazine Exchange lawers calling to collect on magazines I never ordered Clearwater Florida
I received a phone call from an attorney representing NME stating that i owed $154.44 for a magazine subscription that i never ordered. They had all my information. I explained that I had been out of work for months and the last thing I would do is create a bill I couldn't possibly pay for. In addition I had never received any magazines from their company. They then tried to make payment arrangements that I told them I would not and could not pay. I was then informed that they would have to send the account upstairs for collection. I'm not sure how they got my personal information, and they wouldn't divulge. I hope to get some information on how to deal with this situation. Michelle kalispell, MontanaU.S.A.
Nov 02 2008
NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE DON'T BE FOOLED BAIT 'N SWITCH SCAM CLEARWATER Florida
Got their letter, marked Second Notice. Yeah, right, I open all my mail and there wasn't a First Notice so I was suspicious to begin with. Being a retired Navy man, I decided to check out first. I read all the responses about their phone number and knew I was right to look this GIFT HORSE in the mouth. I never called, so they didn't get a chance to rip me off. I have the paperwork from this slime, so any law enforcement arm that wants to SCAM the SCAMMERS, let me know. In my case, it could be old age descrimination. Remember folks, if it looks too good to be true, it isn't. Alf-13 Lyman, South CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: CLEARWATER, Florida
May 10 2010
N.M.E. - NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE phony sweepstakes clearwater, Florida
I received an 'Official Prize Listing' - notice it's a 'listing', not a notification.  I figured it was a scam, but called just to see what it was.  I was asked to decide if I want a lump sum of $1.1M or a yearly payment of $36,000+ per year. I was then told that I would be sent 2 watches with a diamond at the top of each face.  Then came the magazine sales pitch.  I was asked what kind of magazines I like, but I said I don't read magazines.  This precipitated a verbal list of every magazine imaginable, as if hearing the names would make me order a subscription to 3 of them.  I said that I don't read magazines.  The man on the line then said I'm gonna get my supervisor on the line and I said, no you won't and hung up. What bothers me is that he had my address and phone number. I realize he probably had caller ID, but my phone number isn't listed, so how did he get my address? Anyway, it's a big scam and not a very imaginative one.
Entity: clearwater, Florida
Jan 25 2010
national magazine exchange Unautherized charge to debut card and fialure to comply to a cancelation clearwater, Florida
When on the phone with the customer service agent i was told a price on the services rendering. Upon learning the price i stated that i wanted to cancel or at least have the items put on hold. During this time the agent was highly persistent. I then had an important call come in on my other line. Which also he was not compliant in due to my call was missed once i clicked over. I then proceed to check my account to see if I was charged. Only to see that i was and without any invoice information and i did not give final conformation. Also when i tried to make contact i was lied to y one of the clerks gave a number and the time of opening and closing which i found to be untruthful as to the hours.
Entity: clearwater, Florida
Jul 11 2011
National Magazine Exchange Strike It Rich VII Scam Largo, Florida
I keep getting this mailing from them and i never even entered ant contests. I have been getting these for over 9 months and have told them to stop sending them. only thing that happens is i get a different sweepstakes through them.
Entity: Largo, Florida
Jun 22 2011
national magazine exchange tried to charge my debit card fairview, Oregon
This would be the third time that national magazine exchange had sent me a letter to enter their sweepstake.  The first time i entered their sweepstake they said i would only have to pay like $6.00 a month and then the following month they tried to triple the payment and that's when i stopped making payments. I just received the third letter asking me to enter their sweepstake but this time they actually tried to charge my visa debit card.  i got lucky because i have a prepaid visa debit card and their was no money on the card.  So i called my organization to report my card stolen so they would not try to charge me again.  They say you are supposed to get a free pair of man n women's watch's that's not true  either and this recent time also offered a personal organizer.  If you ever get one of these letters don't fall for the magazine subscriptions and hang up after they start talking about the watch's and magazines.  thank you
Entity: fairview, Oregon
Aug 13 2012
National Magazine Exchange Way too Much Pressure** Largo, Florida
I received a Sweepstakes letter in the mail from the National Magazine Exchange, so I called.  They were gong to send me 2 watches for free and 2 magazine subscriptions for $1.29 a week.  So the rep transferred me to her manager and she PRESSURED me into giving the expiration date of my credit card.  I refused about 5 times until she tranferred me to her manager to pay check by phone, so I hung up.  Do not give any of your information over the phone.  Almost got scammed!!!
Entity: Largo, Florida
Feb 07 2006
N.M.E. (National Magazine Exchange) ripoff Clear Water Florida
I recieved a green card stating to call a 1-800 number immediately because they were trying to contact me. I called the next day, and they were holding a sweepstakes for a million dollars+ and jewelery and other prizes. Being the woman I am, I subscribe for two subscriptions to their magazines. In addition to the magazines, I would be getting 3 more free magazines, making 5 in total. I agreed, and was asked my card number. I gave them the credit card number, and was told I would only be billed ONCE. The next three months was a disaster, I was in debt because of another NME bill, and another, and another. Finally, I had enough. I went online to find the NME phone number (because I had lost my card) and came across this website. I called NME and asked for customer services to cancel my account, now knowing it was a complete rip-off. A lady came on the line and had told me that I had been billed all the amount that needed to be paid. I asked for my credit card number to be removed and she told me she could not do that, since the number was in file work and also electronically submitted. I honestly believe this market is a rip-off. And now that I know it really is, I know its not called NME because is a GOOD company, if you catch my drift. Raychel Phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Clear Water, Florida
Apr 17 2006
NME - National Magazine Exchange ripoff Clearwater Florida
I received my Official Notice today in the mail, with the STAR logo, asking me to call 1-800-975-8583 regarding my ID#_____ regarding my $25,000.00, and it does show no purchase necessary to win. But 2 years ago, I called and I did not subscribed to any magazines. I just wanted to enter to win, for the hell of it. I received outragous bills for something I did not order, and yes, it went on my credit report. Does NME think people are stupid? NME is the biggest scam out there. I cannot believe people would work for them for a mere $8.00 an hour. One of their mistakes is that they do not have a website that you can go to, to enter the sweepstakes. That makes you wonder. Another stupid thing they do is begin the sweeepstakes on 10/15/2005 and 2 years later 5/31/2007 they have the drawing. Why would anyone enter something like this???? AND, odds of winning are 1 in 7,100,000. What a joke. Tear it up and throw it away. Let them dwell in their petty small lives. Alicia liberty, TexasU.S.A.
Apr 19 2006
National Magazine Exchange Do not Want to be Ripped Off Clearwater Florida
I made the mistake of placing an order with this company yesterday. Not to my surprise, they have already billed me thirty some odd dollars. I pretty much knew the sweepstakes part was a scam, and I am an avid magazine reader, and I was interested in seeing what deals they had. The free gift offers also aided my decision to order from them. They were very courteous, but at the same time I knew these people were just making a sale because of the fast paced adreneline talking they were doing. The magazine deal they offered me seemes like a good deal, but technically you do not pay the amount of 1.27 a week. You pay your entire subscription in larger sums. I was relunctant when told that, and nonetheless, I decided to take the lowest payment plan they offer, which was thirty some odd dollars over a period of 6 months. To make a long story short, although it was entirely my fault because I CALLED THEM, I still feel as if I was a victim of words that panited a pretty picture, and I even felt uneasy about it as I was doing, but they got me. It was THEN that I decided to investigate the company, and I didn't find one good thing about them, and sadly enough they are not in good standing with the BBB, and have almost 300 reports claimed. I called this moring to cancel and the lady I spoke to was kind. I explained to her that I was uneasy about he BBB reports. She told me it was not true...but come on...why would the BBB lie? It is their sole purpose to report to the public issues with companies. She said I would be refunded the amount, and that my account was cancelled. But after reading on here about people that are still billed, and then turned over to collections, without a refund or cancellation, I am starting to wonder if I will fall victim to that as well. I did ask her name, her employee number, and received a cancellation number. I also asked her about reports to credit bureaus, and she said that they do not do that...I presume that is not true. I do have a question to anyone who cares to respond. Have you also cancelled, been refunded,given a cancellation number, and then still be billed and bound to this company? I will certaintly cancel my debit card, but I am afraid I will have to call all the Credit bureaus myself to protect my score. Please leave any comments you may have, whether it be a critical rebuttal or what have you. Kimberly Ringgold, GeorgiaU.S.A.
74, Report #202575
Jul 23 2006
National Magazine Exchange unlawfully pulling my credit reports ripoff Clearwater Florida
I recently Pulled my credit reports and Naational Magazine Exchange has been pulling my credit reports (unauthorized)for a while and do not know why. I have no association with these people or his organization. I do not appreciate this and I will be contacting the credit agencies about this and pulling my reports again. They better not be pulling these reports again. Stephanie pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Feb 27 2008
National Magazine Exchange caught too Clearwater Florida
I was fooled too. I got it in the mail and called and was told i was entered in the lottery. Then I was told no purchase necessary and would i like magazines. In all fairness they said no purchase necessary. They also said 90 day money back gauruntee. When I changed my mind and I could have on day 89 technicly but in all honesty it was earlier, that was when my trouble began i told the representative I wanted to cancel and get my money back. They offered to shorten the subscription and charge me less and in all fairness I was enjoying the mags and agreed. So I can't complain that the representative did not give a cancellation code since I agreed to the compromise. If you do not want it say no Just tell me a cancellation code be firm repeat it or ask for the manager. Another important tip : If you do not call/initiate the call then do not give your credit card info. I learnt from this experience that when in doubt as soon as they ask you for credit card information just say bye and hang up do not even take it out of your wallet. In conclusion, I got something for my money and they/NME did not lie to me. Toli yonkers, New YorkU.S.A.

Showing 51-75 | Showing Page 3 of 1,602