NORTHERN LEASING Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: northern leasing

There may be more reports for "northern leasing"

For more results perform a general search for "northern leasing"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Aug 05 2009
Northern Leasing Beware - Dishonest sales reps ? New York
I was LIED to and my best friend was TRICKED by Northern Leasing sales rep. I helped my friend to find a company to provide her credit card processing needed for her new small business. I specifically asked rep to give me all details regarding early termination of contract. She said all you had to do was cancel in writing and send $250 termination fee to EVO (merchant services company processing transactions). She never spoke a word about the equipment lease. She came to my friend's business with the equipment ready to install, pushed a contract in front of her to sign (i was not present), then set-up equipment and left with the contract. She did not leave a copy for my friend! We tried by phone to get copy of agreement from sales rep but could not. After a couple weeks we finally got copy of agreement. That was the first time I saw anything about a 4 year non-cancelable lease agreement. Now my friend wants out - she sent equipment back to Northern Leasing, $250 to EVO and termination of contract letter to both. EVO is ok. Northern Leasing is not ok. I told them about the fraudulent actions of the rep and they requested we fill out a Misrepresentation Statement. We did. Now they call everyday harassing my friend, demanding payment! do not know what to do next - help anyone? Topher Milton, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: New York
Jan 03 2010
Northern Leasing System Uncancellable lease misleading New York, New York
I wanted to cancel my service to Northern Leasing. Instead they told me to buy out their lease for $1390.26 dollars. I wasnt informed that the lease is uncancellable, they told me to sign the contract on behalf of my husbands name just to go on with the lease, now I'm stuck with the lease without using any transactions every month. I dont have anymore funds on my business. Im frustrated and confuse if this contract is legal for them to not to cancel regardless on any circumstances. I dont think its fair for small business owner like me to be treated by this Big time Companies.
Aug 10 2011
northern leasing this company need to be shut down melville, New York
Somebody need to do something about this company , overcharge customer for the credit card terminal, i paid $58/month with 4 years contract for a credit card machine worth $200. When i called the company to ask if they will let me buy out the machine they wouldn't let me do it. i was stupid enough to sign the contract with this ripoff company and i still have 3 more years to go. it's hard to find an honest company to deal with these days. DArn me
Entity: melville, New York
Dec 08 2011
Northern Leasing Complete Scam!! new york, New York
A sales rep from Priority Merchant Processing came to visit me one day and told me he could offer me the lowest credit card rates around.  I said the last company I was with promised me that as well but never delivered and charged me a hefty cancellation fee when I wanted to end the business relationship.  He assured me over and over there would be NO cancellation fees should I decide to cancel.  He told me that in order to get the great rates I had to lease a terminal from NORTHERN LEASING.  He asked me to sign an agreement with Northern.  As I was looking over the agreement I said are you certain there are no cancellation fees with your company OR Northern and he one again assured me there was not. WELL-I was very unhappy with Priority Merchant Processing's services and decided to work with another company.  However, I was informed by Northern that I was in a 48 month lease and owed another $3900 if I was to end the contract. I contacted the rep from  Priority Merchant Processing and got no response.....point blank ignoring my e-mails.  The terminal I am leasing can be bought online for LESS than $200 and if I stay in this lease for the full 48 months it would cost me close to $5000 for a $200 machine!!! ***WATCH OUT FOR ANY CREDIT CARD COMPANY THAT TRIES TO GET YOU TO LEASE EQUIPMENT-GO BUY THE EQUIPMENT YOURSELF!!!!*** I AM CURRENTLY WORKING WITH AN ATTORNEY TO TRY TO GET OUT OF THE CONTRACT BUT WHAT A HUGE WASTE OF MY TIME!!
Entity: new york, New York
Jan 28 2011
Northern Leasing RRRRIIIPPPPOOOFFFFFFF New York, New York
After all these years this company is still ripping companies off. I have been fighting with this company since 2006. I even sent in the payment and they had"taken me to court" won a judgement and ruined my credit report.(Thank godness the rest of my credit is great). Well5-6 years later they are still makingthreateningcalls and mail me bills weekly. This will never stop. Please dont even take a meeting with them because they sign your name to the paperwork even if you do not want what they offer. Do not let them into your business.
May 29 2012
Northern leasing company Rip Off new york , New York
Northern leasing has been hounding me since 2005, they charged off over 2,000 on my credit report, but too the remainder of the money and turned it into a judgement. They are trying to levy my bank account, which has been closed 5 years, I  am filing for bankruptcy and refuse to pay them after 7 years....The are full of crap and keep sending me papers with a signature that does not look like mine. I never tell them where I am moving but they keep finding me. I tried to make arrangements bu t they want the full amount....Not getting paid ever, further, I NEVER received a credit card machine and they still want to charge me for the contract... SCAM,
Entity: new york, New York
Jan 13 2006
Northern Leasing ripoff lease scam and forgery New York New York
This company is telling me I signed personally for a credit card machine terminal and I just work for the business not an owner. They call my home every 10 minutes until I answer. This is the most disgusting company I have ever seen!!! Not at all happy when my brand new daughter can not nap because they keep calling for something I don't have any responsibity. Sick and tired and my wife and child are too. Brent st.louis, MissouriU.S.A.
Feb 11 2006
Northern Leasing Systems ripoff New York New York
I have also been victimized by Northern Leasing bad businesss practices. They are bullys and send out contracts that are misleading. I would like to help in a class action suit against these bad actors. Roland Milwaukie, OregonU.S.A.
34, Report #190461
May 08 2006
Northern Leasing Systems, forgery Sioux Falls South Dakota
A salesman selling signs pressured my wife who is diagnose for mental depression to forge my signature even after I told him no to the sale. My wife does not recall anything that day because of the medication.I did not sign anything. Now I am getting threats from Northern Leasing Systems for non-payment because of non-cancellable contract. The salesman knew the sale was dead without my signature. Someone please help me. Robert Paris, TennesseeU.S.A.
Entity: Sioux Falls, South Dakota
35, Report #199933
Jul 07 2006
Northern Leasing Systems ripoff, forgery, deceptive New York New York
Well, I am yet another victim of this company called Northern Leasing Systems. From what I have read about this so called company, my story is very simalar to everyone else here. And it is so mind boggling as to how these people are still in business and not under the jail!! Me and my partner started a retail business and wanted to have the convience of credit card acceptance, so unfortunately my partner some how came across these BLOODSUCKERS. They were real nice over the phone, as I guess the devil would be too, and I signed a 48 month non-cancellable lease for $49.99 and it seemed legitament. The agreement also called for them to automaticaly debit our bank account. We were busy trying to get this business off of the ground and due to circumstances beyond our control the business didn't make it and we had to shut down. After we shut down, I started examining the bank account and noticed this company was taking $110.93 out a month plus what ever else they wanted to take, just like it was their own personal bank account. I contacted NLS and wanted to inquire about the $110.93 that was being debited from the account. They proceeded to tell me that the lease agreement was for $99.98 plus tax. After dealing with the most arrogant and rudist people and on top of that they hang up on you, I finally closed out the account to keep their GREEDY little hands out of it. Now I am dealing with the harrassing phone calls and the most degrading letters from their collection dept. I kept telling these deaf people that my agreement was for $49.99 and they proceeded to try to tell me that it wasn't from Global Tech Leasing and I proceeded to tell them that it was in fact from Global Tech Leasing. They wanted me to fax them a copy in which I did, then they'll tell me after I fax it that the guy that retrieves the faxes won't be back in until next week and for me to call back, heaven forbid they should have to get off of their lazy butt and retrieve a piece of paper! I didn't get a chance to call back because they started calling me back first thing the next week! I asked if they got the fax and of course they said no even though over the weekend I faxed it to them about 25 times because they supposedly didn't recieve it on another occasion, so I wanted to make sure they got it this time. The obnoxious lady on the phone said she would mail me a copy of the lease agreement, I proceeded to tell her why do that when I already have a copy, you guessed it, she hung up on me! A few days later I recieved a copy of the lease agreement in the mail and to my surprise my signature was on a lease agreement for $99.98. I carefully examined my copy of the contract and their copy. My signature had been lifted off of my copy and placed on their copy, and where you print your name, someone else printed my name on it, it's not even my handwriting,I guess that's why they wanted me to fax a copy to them so they could STEAL my signature off of it! They also mailed me 3 different pages that were different than what I had and even had the nerve to print my intials on each page!! I so hope and pray that no one else falls victim to these heartless bloodsuckers, these monsters are the very reason why alot of good and HONEST people never achieve the American Dream. NLS is your worst nightmare come true. These con artists need to be put out of business!! They should have been put out of business YEARS ago!!! David Gray Court, South CarolinaU.S.A.
Apr 10 2008
Northern Leasing Systems, Rude, Insulting and Deceptive New York New York
We are in the last month of our lease agreement for a credit card terminal. We have called to make sure that we are covering all of the bases in returning our terminal...at this time we have called four times since February and each time there is one more layer of fees or requirements. One of the customer reps was rude and abrupt; he asked me if I had read the agreement we had signed and I told him that it was illegible the day we signed it and that it was still illegible, such tiny unreadable text. His response was, You're an adult and I shouldn't have to hold your hand like a child. You should read the agreement and do as it says. He also said that any outstanding charges would be logged against our credit report...I don't recall if there were further threats. The next day when I called to make sure I had included everything in the package to return the equipment, I was informed of a 30-day cancellation fee. Her explanation and reason was very confusing. We are not done with them and will try to contact them or see if they will return our call and see how far we can go to get more info. We are returning our equipment, but are not sure if we will be paying the new fees. There will be more to report when this is resolved. Cundy's harbor Harpswell, MaineU.S.A.
May 08 2008
Northern Leasing unauthorize charges to business account New York New York
This company is a RIP-OFF. THEY CLAIM THAT I HAVE A CONTRACT WITH THEM BUT DOES NOT PROVIDE ME WITH PROOF FOR SUCH. BACK IN JAN. 2008 I OPEN MY COMPANY AND A REPRESENTATIVE FROM EVO MERCHANT SERVICES SHOWED UP THERE. HE WAS TRYING TO GET ME TO SIGN UP AND I REFUSED NEXT THING I KNOW SOMEONE TRIED TO INSTALL A CC MACHINE AT MY OFFICE. I SEND IT BACK AND THEY ARE STILL DEBITING MY ACCOUNT AND REFUSED TO SEND ME THE PROOFS. PS. MY BANK ITS NO BIG HELP EITHER. WE NEED TO STOP THIS COMPANY FROM CONTINUING WITH ITS ONGOING ABUSE. Winston gastonia, North CarolinaU.S.A.
May 21 2008
NORTHERN LEASING A BAD COMPANY TO DEAL WITH New York New York
Northern Leasing Systems, Inc. Ripoff Credit Card Machine Lease Contract scam with lease terms that state 'NONCANCELLABLE' in print too small for the human eye. fraudulent ripoff business New York New York AND ANYWERE IN THE US Jc WILDOMAR, CaliforniaU.S.A.
39, Report #181905
Mar 18 2006
Northern Leasing ripoff, fraud, dishonest New York New York
I had someone solicit me for a credit card machine after agreeing to a six month no contracr trial I agreed. I did not want to rent the machine I wanted to buy one, I was told after the trial period they would let me buy one for around $700.00. Well within three months I liked the machine and called to get lock in at the rate given to me and buy the machine. To my surprise I had a contract according to the company. I asked for a copy of this contract and that took 7 months and lot of phone time to get a copy, in that time my rates had gone up and i could not due anything about it. Finally I was given Northern Leasings phone number when the copy of the contract had arrived. To my surprise this contract had a signiture on it. It was not my signiture. Well it was a signiture but not signed by me. I had sent this equipment back to the company and tried with no success for over a year to fix this. I tried after speaking with a lawyer to come to an agreement I really did not want to agree to any thing but leagl fees would be triple the expense so I was advised to make an agreement. Northern Leasing told me my cost would be over $2500.00 and if I did not pay they would put it on my credit report. I know have 2 marks on my credit report 1 from Northern Leasing and 1 from a court judgement I never new about. This company is the biggest ripoff. Dot Wilmington, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Nov 20 2006
Northern Leasing Systems fraudulent contract New York New York
MY NAME IS CLAIRE PHILLIPS. I FIRST CAME IN CONTACT WITH THIS COMPANY WHEN ONE OF THEIR SALESMAN CONTACTED ME BY PHONE TO PURCHASE A MERCHANT CREDIT CARD MACHINE. I WS SHARING AN OFFICE WITH A MECHANIC SHOP AT THE TIME. THE DAY I RECEIVED THE MACHINE I CONTACTED VISA INTERNATONAL AND WAS TOLD THAT IS WAS ILLEGAL FOR TWO SEPERATE BUSINESS' TO USE A CREDIT CARD MACHINE. I CONTACTED NORTHEN LEASING SYSTEMS AND THEY SAID THAT THEY APOLOGIZE FOR THEIR SALESMAN AND TO SEND THE MACHINE BACK. I SENT THE MACHINE BACK THROUGH FEDEX. I NEVER USED THE MACHINE. A YEAR LATER THEY CONTACTED ME ABOUT PAYING FOR THE MACHINE. I EVEN SENT THEM A FAXED LETTER AND THEY STOPPED TAKING THE MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT. THAT DID NOT MATTER THEY KEPT WRITING ME ABOUT THE MONEY. THEN ANOTHER YEAR GOES BY AND THEY SEND A GUY INTO MY OTHER BUSINESS, A BAR, AND SAID THAT THEY WANTED TO PLACE AN ATM MACHINE IN MY BAR. I GAVE THEM MY INFORMATION AND A VOIDED CHECK. HE SAID THAT HE WOULD GET BACK TO ME ABOUT INSTALLING THE MACHINE. ABOUT FOUR MONTHS GO BY AND I SEE THAT THEY ARE TAKING $85.00 FROM MY CHECKING ACCOUNT. MY BANK TOLD ME TO CHANGE THE ACOUNT NUMBER AND BECAUSE THEY WOULD JUST CHANGE THE AMOUNT AND KEEP TAKING THE MONEY OUT. SO I DID AND THE BACK ONLY REFUNDED THE LAST 30 DAYS WORTH OF WITHDRAWALS. THE WITHDRAWALS I FOUND OUT FROM NORTHERN LEASING WAS FOR THE CREDIT CARD MACHINE AT MY OTHER BUSINESS, THE USED CAR LOT. HEN THEY STARTED CALLING AND HARASSING ME. I TALKED TO A COUPLE OF THEIR LAWYERS AND EXPLAIND WHAT HAPPENED AND THAT THEY GOT MY BARS ACCOUNT NUMBER ABOUT LYING ABOUT RECEIVING AN ATM MACHINE. EACH TIME THE LAWYER WOULD TELL ME THAT THEY WOULD CLEAR IT UP. THEN A MONTH WOULD GO BY AND A DIFFERENT LAWYER WOULD CALL ME. THEN THEY FILED A LAWSUIT. I SENT IN A RESPONSE TO THE COURT HOUSE. BUT BECAUSE I COULD NOT AFFORD A LAWYER AND TRAVEL TO NEW YORK ,THEY GOT A JUDGEMENT AGAINST ME. THEN I WAS BUYING A HOUSE AND THEY TOLD ME TO PAY THE JUDGEMENT TO GET IT OFF MY CREDIT. SO I PAID THIS $2700 THAT I DID NOT OWE JUST TO GET MY HOME FINANCED. NOW ABOUT 3 YEARS LATER HERE COMES NORTHERN LEASING AGAIN. NOW THEY ARE SAYING THAT I HAVE ANOTHER CONTRACT WITH THEM. THIS IS AN ABOLUTE LIE. THEY MAILED ME A COPY OF A CONTRACT THAT HAD MY SIGNATURE COPY AND PASTED ON IT. I NEVER SIGNED THIS NEW CONTRACT. I NEVER HEARD OF A COMPANY DOING SOME OUT RIGHT FRAUD LIKE THIS. PLEASE HELP. Claire Houston, TexasU.S.A.
Jan 14 2007
Northern Leasing Deceives And Then Sues New York New York
In June of 2004 my company signed a 1 page agreement with Northern Leasing Systems for 48 months @ 65.00. After 11 months, the used equipment they sent me failed to work. I notified Northern Leasing of the concern and was told new items would be sent out and the old items retreived via UPS. I reinstalled my old equipment and waited over 8 months-nothing happened. I repeatedly told Northern Leasing that I would not pay lease on defective items. I was politely told that they could care less if the items work - it states that in my contract. When I requested a copy of my contract it was now 4 pages long. It also stated that my contract was for $85.00 per month instead of $65.00. I was amazed and extremely upset. A few weeks later I found out I was being sued in New York state. This was also in my contract. Along with my court papers, I was sent a copy of other business owners court documents. These court papers reflect how Northern Leasing always win. We are scheduled for court in New York in February 2007. I guess I have no alternative but to appear and plea my case. Heck, the wife and I need a little vacation anyway. After a search of this company, I have found hundreds of similar complaints. How does a company like this skew the facts and then hide and use our own court systems against us? I am amazed at how our elected officials allow this to happen, but I have also been told that the federal government uses Northern Leasing when developing new business start up plans. Is there any way to beat these Rip-Off Artists? Marty Union, MissouriU.S.A.
Jul 19 2007
Northern Leasing Systems Small businesses beware!! Ripoff New York New York
Two years ago, we were scammed into leasing a Talento credit card machine from Northern Leasing Systems. Richard Androlevich of Global Processing Services (Lake Butler, FL), a local representative for Northern Leasing, estimated that our credit card processing services (including the machine rental) would cost $70 per month. When we received our first bill, it was almost triple that amount. Of course, Mr. Androlevich was no where to be found when it came to rectifying our complaints. The processing company cancelled our agreement immediately, and I tried in vain to get Northern Leasing Systems to rescind the lease. After written communication with Northern Leasing, I called their customer service number in New York City and was told that my credit rating would be severely damaged if I stopped payment on the lease as I was the personal guarantor. We have been paying for a credit card machine for two years that we do not use or want. This company preys on small businesses and must be stopped. What a nightmare. Judy Orlando, FloridaU.S.A.
Jul 25 2007
Northern Leasing ripoff Idenity theft New York City New York
Last year, my mother, who has never ever leased ANY equipment from Northern Leasing, nor any equipment from any company, ever, was contacted by Northern Leasing's collection department looking for payment. My mother has never owned a business. They had her name down, but it appears that either someone who had actually had a contract with this company by the same name had said they had moved to my mother's address. My mother never even lived at the original address that Northern Leasing has. Northern Leasing wanted copies of my mother's passport, and other pertinent information, which, of course, my parents did not send them, suspecting identitiy theft. They DID however, contact the police, who sent some information, and it seemed that this matter was resolved. Well, my mother was contacted AGAIN this year by Northern Leasing's legal department, my parents called and told them this had been resolved, and Northern Leasing is once again asking for copies of passports, etc, etc so they can send them to handwriting experts.... they also claim they lost the information my parents sent in last year. Needless to say, my parents are consulting a lawyer. Has anyone else had this type of contact with Northern Leasing?? (Never even heard of them until you got letters from them, never been in business...etc??) I believe this is a case of identity theft either on the part of Northern Leasing, or the person who originally dealt with them in one of their contracts. Anyone else out there with a similar experience?? Kelly Lynbrook, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: New York City, New York
Jul 26 2007
Northern Leasing Systems Non cancellable agreement a rip off New York New York
This company is a rip off!!! Refused to cancel my contract when their equipment didn't work as promised. Sued me in a New York Court and filed a judgment against me for $1800. Told me if I gave them $2800 they would release the judgement. 2 months after I gave them the pay-off money they still havn't released the judgement!!! Brad Bloomington, IndianaU.S.A.
Jul 31 2007
Northern Leasing NY Call Your District Attorney ASAP NY New York
NOTICE: ALL the Victims from Northern Leasing NY Same thing happened to me in Year 2005. I finally won the case. I went to the District Attorney. They found some fraud terms in NLSI's contract which are against the law. GO TALK TO YOUR DISTRICT ATTORNEY ASAP. They can help you, also they are collecting more complains from everywhere. When the complains are more enough, they will bring the bad company to general court. Please Do It for Yourself. Linda fresno, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: NY, New York
Aug 09 2007
Signtronix And Northern Leasing small buisness owners beware Torrance California
Buyer beware.................. The main street program is a total rip off. The northern lease is a total rip off, beware of the contract. The signtronix rep will not put the price on the contract ,only the payments. We were to get a sign for $3000. After the lease charges it will end up costing $6000, When we closed our shop, we called in to pay off the sign, (that we will never use again) we were shocked to find out that we would have to pay over $5500 for a sign that we should only owe $2500 after our down payment Read on for the full story, About 5 months ago we agreed to purchase a sign from Signtronix, only after their rep showed us how great their product is. The rep was correct it is a great sign. When he put his display sign in our stores window our walk in traffic doubled. We asked our customers why the decided to stop in, they all said the same thing we say the flashing lights of the led sign. At the time our business was really struggling and we explained to the rep that we really cant afford another payment right now. He responded that we will increase our sales and guaranteed our success. BUT WAIT THERES MORE...... he also said that he would put us on the main street program. If we allowed them to put their logo on our sign we would save 50 percent. We agreed to buy the sign. And he can finance the cost of the sign and we could pay it off when ever .The verbally expressed price was to be $3000 total, and we owed at $500 down payment. We figured that we could afford the $2500 for a great sign. When the rep came by to have the contract sign I was not there. He requested that my wife sign my name. A few months later my full time job transferred me and we shut down our shop. We called northern leasing to ask for a payoff, The responded that we owed over $5500. Come to find out on the retail lease agreement the rep just wrote down the payments for the term of the lease. We told northern leasing we are not paying this amount , They responded that they will put a lien on our house if we do not. On top of all that , the down payment was actually not a down payment , it was the reps commission. This amount was ever applied to our lease. We finally recently got a hold of the rep. I explained our situation and asked why he didn't sign us up for the main street program. He replied that he did but northern leasing takes the extra $3000 for the lease. So that $6000 that was supposed to be $3000 ends up costing us $6000 for a sign we don't even use. The rep also stated that if we were not on this program than we have paid close to $12000!!!!!!! For $12000 we could have had a large outdoor sign installed. Fishmotox urbana, IowaU.S.A.
Entity: Torrance, California
Oct 04 2007
Northern Leasing Systems, Criminal Activity New York New York
I owned a business several years ago. I signed the lease with Northern Leasing Systems, Inc. and now for the last two years I have been paying even though I am no longer in business. The print on my lease is to small to read with the naked eye. Recently, I have proof that Northern Leasing Systems, Inc. has fraudulently gained access to my personal checking account and began debiting money without my permission. This has proven to be a blessing in disguise as I consider it criminal activity under the laws of New York and the Federal Government. It has given me the mechanism I need to stop paying on my contract and now I have evidence of criminal activity and a breach of contract on the part of Northern Leasing Systems Inc. I am surely destined to confront the scoundrels in a New York state Court. I could use the help of any and all people who have been ripped off by these people. Write me at 6013 (((REDACTED FOR SECURITY PURPOSES))) if you want to help. What I am requesting is an affidavit signed by you explaining how you were ripped off so I may show the judge other damaged people and show a trend of bad faith actions on the part of Northern Leasing Systems Inc. Alan melbourne, FloridaU.S.A. According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days. If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges. Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent! DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER! Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get. And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state. Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the chargetruth. If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the
Apr 29 2004
Northern Leasing Systems rip-off! New York New York
They were deducting the amount of the lease from our account after the lease ended. Now they want us to pay close to $1,000.00 for equipment that is worthless & trashed. What do we do? Pay them? They are very rude & ignorant! Lisa pittston, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Apr 23 2004
Northern Leasing Systems rip-off! New York New York
RIP-OFF. I opened my small business in 1998 and was contacted only a month afterwards. I got a call from a representative of Northern Leasing Systems concerning a credit card machine. I was not interested, but the guy stated that I could get it for around $30.00 a month and I will own it in a couple of years. He faxed the contract over to me and I read it. I signed it and sent it back. In 2 days, I received the machine. I hooked it up and read over my contract again. I called Northern Leasing back to let them verify what a certain clause meant. I was disturbed and told them that I wanted out of the contract and I wanted out now. During my conversation, I was told to send the machine back to them and the contract will be cancelled. I sent the machine back to them Certified/Return Receipt to make sure someone sign for it. Today, there is a judgement against me for $2537.00 for something I did not use and was mislead about the service agreement. I am upset and advice no one to use them. D. New Orleans, LouisianaU.S.A.
Entity: New York, Nationwide
Jul 05 2004
Cardservice, Northern Leasing ripoff Scottsdale Arizona
Cardservice International and Northern Leasing. I took out an account so I could be able to accept credit cards over the internet. I was given the right to accept Discover, Visa and Mastercard. Each month they would double bill me. I was using Bank of America for the account holder. I would deposit my money in the bank and they kept coming in taking double the amount out. Then all of a sudden they closed my account. Northern Leasing kept writing and asking for the leased terminal. I had put down a deposit and it seemed that just before I was able to pay it off, at the end of it all only a few payments away, they closed the account on me. Then Cardservice, a guy named Shawn, told me I owed him $300.00 to open the account again. I would need to send $50.00 right away. I did. then he said I need the $300.00 and it will be credited back to you next month. I sent it. Then when the account was not operating I called him again, he said another $300.00. I paid it. Then never heard from him again. I tried calling, and calling, and calling. Only result was that I was transferred to someone else in the department. I left a voice mail message trying to explain the problem along with my phone number. Someone did call me back. Sounded so mysterious. I called back but then never heard from them again. I called again and left messages. Now Northern Leasing is coming after me for the terminal. I know I was ripped off. How can they take double the fees, including the fees for the visa, etc., companies. $76.00 per month twice. For years. And Bank of America was strange too. I called them many times and asked them why did they take that out. They said they had the right to go into my account and take out their payments as many times as they wanted and that i should call them. Then I would be charged and over draft. it's a mess. Maureen Winter Haven, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Scottsdale, Arizona