Customer satisfaction commitment: Primerica | Ripoff Report

Your Search: primerica

There may be more reports for "primerica"

For more results perform a general search for "primerica"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

51, Report #101995
Aug 03 2004
Primerica Shady Rip-off Recruiter! Cleveland Ohio*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
Whoa! Am I ever glad that I found this website. Although I'm currently employed, I've been looking for a better job after reading this website I literally just cancelled my interview with someone named Tim. I was not looking for them, they came to me. The recruiter to whom I spoke asked me out for a cup of coffee instead of an interview! When I asked about the position, (whatever that is), he repeated the exact vagueries that are all over the internet. If that was not enough to convince me of the low quality of their company, (or at least their staff), the comments by the employees were quite enough to assure me of the incompetency, lack of education (which, by the way, does matter, when consistently every employee I've heard from in that company has been ignorant and lacking in both manners and grammar), and those comments you will find as you progress on this website. Why would anyone need to be that defensive for a company that supposedly has nothing to hide? Please discover for yourself the weirdness that is going on ...(p.s. They make you pay to get started that is NEVER EVER a good sign!) Don't be fooled take your good communication skills and management potential to another company that won't be such a rip-off! liz Cleveland, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Cleveland, Ohio
Sep 01 2004
PRIMERICA rip-off of deceased mother's estate holdings! Pawtucket Rhode Island*UPDATE: Primerica gets a POSITIVE rating from Rip-off Report in customer support & satisfaction. Primerica pledges to resolve complaints from the past, present and in the future, and give 100% commitment to customer service-say Company Executives!
I am a legal assistant. Upon our mother's death I conducted an extensive search to gather all assets for the estate planning attorney. Upon contacting PRIMERICA regarding an account mother held with them my brother and I were assured, verbally and in writing, that this was a type of account registration that does not permit any type of beneficiary designation other than the estate of the holder. Two months later, after having the money transferred into a holding account, we were contacted by PRIMERICA stating that the money was to have gone to a relative of mothers - her sister. All the paperwork that we recieved from PRIMERICA stated the above verbage - beneficiary not allowed. We also found that at some point, many years ago, that mother had attempted to set this money for her sister and that PRIMERICA denied the request due to improper paperwork. Apparently it was dropped and nothing further was done - there is no existing paperwork verifying it to have been rectified. The broker on this account is a cousin of ours, the so called beneficiary of the money is our mother's sister who hid money from our mother (according to our mother) at their mother's death, and is now claiming this money. OK! PRIMERICA has paid the money to our mother's sister and is now demanding that we return the money we had transferred to them. Is anyone out there who has experienced anything like this with PRIMERICA who would have any suggestions for us? If it makes a difference, my brother and I are adopted and it seems there is something going on that is not quite proper. Also, PRIMERICA is now saying that the account type was changed so that it would allow a beneficiary - there is no paperwork to prove this point under out mother's signature or any other way. The statements are only in the name of our mother. Our mother was an accountant and she was very maticulus in all that she did - here record keeping as far as balances, paperwork trails out the gazoo - there is nothing to show evidence that this was carried out. If our mother's sister were joint tennant her name would be on the statements - Correct? Not so here. Any advice is welcomed. Linda Dallas, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Aug 14 2004
Primerica Alert Coon Rapids Minnesota*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
About three weeks ago I was called by a lady who was calling from home who said she works for an organization that was hiring and wanted to know if I was interested. I asked her what company and she told me a local financial company and that she got my name from a referral from one of her clients. Two weeks later after playing phone tag (no fault on either part due to my work schedule) I was given another call confirming if I was still interested. I said sure. She then told me during this conversation that she is a recruiter from Primerica and that her husband does the interviewing and that he would give me a call to set up an interview. Curious, I asked her if she saw my resume and from whom she had gotten a referral from. She admitted they had got my name from a marketing list and she said they normally don't get it that way. She also asked for me to bring in my resume. Also, it sounded like I was already accepted to be hired. She told they needed me to feel it was a good fit after I asked if I was. I found it odd a company offering employment without any knowledge of who you were. He did give me a call and set up an interview so I went down to this local office for it. That's when he took my resume. I was a little surprised he did not question much on my working background. The only resume items he inquired about were what I did now and he also noticed I had prior management experience. After that is when I got the true insight about Primerica. It sounded good at first. He mentioned they were a division of Citibank and how they had the number one assets in the world, not sales which is Wal-Mart, and that they are focused on helping middle class America get out of debt. He showed me how their plans help people by paying on mortgages and saving for retirement at the same time with the money they saved. Also, they sell life insurance. He told me that it's not about the rate but about how much you save. After listening to the last part about rate is where I feel one must be extremely cautious about employment and doing business with Primerica. He mentioned how its commission based only, not based pay with commission. Also, while one is not selling you make no money. You do not get paid any base salary for training, meetings, ECT. You have to generate your own leads; they do not provide you with any. You do not cold call, which I found a good thing but I found bad they don't help you with any sales. All sales come from word of mouth. He told me that he wanted me to come up with 25-50 names of people I knew and then get about ten of them to come in to listen to how Primerica helps people. He claimed he did not care if they bought or not and that it was for experience and training only. The way you got paid was a commission on mortgages (just over 5%), investments, and life insurance. Once every three months you also got paid a commission for the total amount of business you currently have (1%). The goal he said was not to get you selling much but to be a trainer, who in turns opens his own office in approximately five years. Once you own your own office you get a commission on everyone in the office who is selling (I believe he said 1%). The beauty he said (which is what he does) is that you can make money even when you are not selling. He did warn me however that hard work is required. He did also recommend you keep a part time job right away because income might not be there. You do get feed $199 up front if you accepted employment to cover training for licenses, and other fees in the future, but he said it would be reimbursed once it was completed. However, he did mention that an expense (sorry, I don't remember for what) would cost approximately $300 out of my pocket, not right away, but it would not be reimbursed when it came up. Also, training sessions were at night. He recommended two to five nights a week. He said he would personally train me during the day if I came in then as well. So what's my warning and opinion? It sounds scary. Having worked in credit unions for four and a half consecutive years I know the financial industry. I felt the interview was a sales pitch, not a job interview. I also did not get any feeling that Primerica cares about its customers. Why would a reputable company have people who are not financial advisers sell financial products? There are many companies who want your talent, and you get paid normal wages for training and bonuses/commissions for outstanding work effort. Commission does not bother me. What bothers me is why should you give two to five nights a week and day time hours for free training? What's the company got to lose? Nothing, since they are not paying you for relentless hours of training, not giving you benefits, no 401K, and no sales leads to go on. Why work for an organization like that? I am not the person who can sell a product knowing I am doing no good for the consumer and just looking at getting that next big sale, especially from friends and family members. I am a highly ethical person and I know that's not right. Also, I am very good at noticing these tactics from companies as a consumer. Remember the good rule of thumb, If it's too good to be true it usually is? It was misleading how they said they got my referral; it was not from a client but a marketing list. All of these things are why I declined the position. Also, when I tried calling the office to decline the employee did not have a number I could reach the guy I had an interview with. He said he knew who I was talking about but did not know any way for me to reach him and he could not hand out that information if he did. Is that not a red flag? I did finally find a sheet of paper that I wrote his number on when he called to set up the interview thanks to my caller ID. Good thing I did. One last point I want to make if you are still thinking about working for Primerica. What are the chances of making the same amount of money you want with this company verses another when Primerica provides you with nothing unless you sell? What if sales volume is slow and you are finding it hard to get new sales? What are you going to do if you rely on this job only to pay the bills, plan for retirement, maybe save for a vacation or get married? Is it really worth it knowing there is no security but promises of the possibilities which are not guaranteed? I hoped all of this helped. I purposely left out names of who I talked to because I don't find that ethical and I want this writing to be about the company, not a target against any individual. Thank you for reading. Justin Blaine, MinnesotaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Primerica
Entity: Coon Rapids, Minnesota
Aug 15 2004
Primerica (part of Citibank) rip-off! They wanted my money for bogus reasons. Munster Indiana*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I had my suspicions this isn't the first time I have been offered such an opportunity, but since this one was a short drive from my house I figured I'd give it a shot, since I've been out of work for a while. The lady that called me, said it was a management opportunity, and that she had pulled my resume. She didn't want to get into details on the phone, said she wasn't allowed to, RED FLAG #1. I figured being out of work I'd attend the seminar and give them a chance. I attended the seminar it all sounded legit, however I was shocked at some of the people that were recruited. There were about 30-40 people, and out of them only 7 were properly dressed in business attire. Others had fat gold chains, low rise jeans, belly tops, and even baseball caps. RED FLAG. There was sort of an anti-college atmosphere there. Now I'm not saying college is for everyone, it is not, and I don't think poorly of those who didn't get the opportunity, for if I had not received a scholarship I wouldn't have been able to afford to go, but at the same time I wondered why I was invited. I was a recent college grad, graduated top of my class with a B.A. in Communication. Also I noticed in spite of the anti-college atmosphere, they wanted to help families set aside money for college, another contradiction. I also noticed they were anti-credit card, though they are part of Citibank, yet another contradiction. More RED FLAGS. Then came the $209. Valerie, who gave this presentation said, Yes Primerica could actually cover this cost, but why don't we?. Well we all wondered the same thing, except for one obvious plant in the audience who said, you need to have a personal stake. Val agreed. Keep all of this mind because when I had my second interview more contradictions occurred. I almost didn't go to the second interview but I had a lot of questions for these people and I demanded answers. For my second interview I was interviewed by the husband of the lady that called me. This interviewer had lived in Germany, England, India, Atlanta, GA, and now Schererville, IN. Another RED FLAG, is he on the run or something? He gave me basically the same presentation Val did, and answered my questions, though he seemed a little irritated whenever I asked them, and I asked a lot. He then laughed at me when I asked if they provide insurance and other benefits to their agents. He then asked me, I bet you can't think of any other company that has 14 people making 3 to 5 million a year. I told him, Any pro sports team has about that, heck look at the New York Yankees. He also then asked me stupid questions like, How many zeros in a trillion?, and Do you know who Albert Einstein is? Then I questioned him about the $209 as a personal stake, and how I thought personal stake should be the time you put in, not monetary. He told me that what Val said was wrong, she should've said it was to cover the background check, and schooling fees, more contradictions, more RED FLAGS. Most employers conduct background checks without any cost to the potential employee. In fact the Adler Planetarium in Chicago is an example, and they don't have anywhere near 1 TRILLION DOLLARS. Then I inquired which job site his wife pulled me from, I'm listed on several. He said, No no, we don't do that, we get people from the phone book, or from this sheet here that was passed out at this morning's seminar from other invited people. Wow so even he and his wife can't keep their lies straight. How professional is it to get people to handle finances from the phone book? RED FLAGS GALORE. He then wanted me to give him $209. I have an iron wallet, especially since I've been out of work so long, so I told him, I don't have the money. He then wanted me to give him the names of friends that could use their services. I said, all my friends are doing just fine. Then he asked about my parents I said, They are doing fine. He was now a little angry that I wasn't falling into his little trap. I told him I'd think about it over the weekend. Then I came across this site, and it confirmed all of my suspicions of corruption. I also noticed those that PRO-PRIMERICA people are very defensive, and just back up their claims with petty comments, and the company line. Even the guy who claimed his parents were saved by Primerica said he wanted to give all of the opposition a Thrashing. Eric Hammond, IndianaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Primerica
Entity: Munster, Indiana
Jul 22 2004
Primerica is not ethical. Rip-off! Ft. Wright Kentucky*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
Recently I attended an interview (group) after being contacted at home. The First red flag was when they asked for me by MR. vs MS. I was told that I had been recomended to them based on my leadership skills. When I asked them who had recommended me the response was that I had probably been referred by someone who has my resume, etc. My resume is not out there for the public to view.(red flag #2). I decided to check it out as I figured I really had nothing to loose and I needed to not be so mistrusting of something that sounds to good to be true, so I set up an interview and spent 30 minutes watching a video on the Three C's. Can't recall all three. I remember when it first began, the video, that I was thinking that I was trying to be sold a concept based on the financial success of the company. Our VP made it very clear in a very nice way that he was going to do a 90 minute speech in 30 minutes and if he missed anything he was sorry. Some parts of the video were interesting and then came the catch. The president of the compnay put in his bonus to help with the recruting/hiring process which cost about $5,000 oer person due to training etc. However, if we felt that we would be interested in continuing on with the interview process, we could set up a second interview. ANd if we wanted to join in either on a transition basis or full time basis, we would submit a fee. I think it was $200.00 for the traing and $30 or so for the manuel. ALso scholarships were avalaible but no details about the guidelines. When I aksed if I could ask a question, ie can you tell us about benefits, I was told that that would be reviewed in the second interview. We were then given a questionairre to complete and upon leaving asked if we would like to set up another intervew by 2 individuals standing outside the group room. I asked the new gentleman on the way out about futher information as I did not want to waste their time. Luckily for me, he told me I could look on the website and I am glad I did because I was able to find out more information as to why I would not give up my current job and that my initial suspicions were well founded. I just feel sorry for the other 2 guys in there. Melissa Cincinati, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Ft. Wright, Kentucky
Sep 27 2004
Primerica rip-off! Reisterstown Maryland*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I was approached by a Primerica agent at a kitchen table meeting. I was asked to help out this so called friend in the first part of their training. This is the point the brainwashing began and I didn't even notice until much later. The friend/agent came with the RVP of the company to my house and immediately began a one hour presentation with enticing information about the company needing to expand and open new offices and needing qualtified people to manage and train new employees etc... They drop the name of their parent company Citi which is enticing in itself because you think it must be legit with such a big corporation tied to it. They went on to say you could earn a six figure income. They went on to describe their company in such glowing terms... They claim that people are being ripped off by other insurance companies and that they offer free financial reports to help people get their finances in order. They educate poor ignorant people and turn their financial turmoil into financial independeance through investing etc... I was excited to become educated myself, help people and earn money at the same time. They convinced me enough to follow-up with my friend and I was called in for an interview. At the interview I only heard more of the same info that I heard at my home. I was then scheduled for a follow-up interview and I was given an application (IBA), which included a space for credit card payment of $199.00. It wasn't like any application I had seen before, it was a contract. They gave me all this info about the $199 covering a criminal background investigation and payment for my first couple of licenses. Ok fine. They told me it was all subsidized by thier company so I save money!! At this point, I am still into this company because they tell me I am going to work at my own pace and that I am going to make as much or as little as I want to make... I specifically asked them if I was to be a telemarketer and they said NO. I asked if I would have long training hours they said NO. They told me about a 2-hour training session twice a week for 11 weeks... no big deal I can do that I say! They take my application/contract/payment and we schedule a now 3rd meeting called Getting Started Here is where the real info begins...Now all of a sudden I have to come up with 30-50 names of everyone I know. My closest friends, family etc...This compiled list which you give to them is the list you use to call people to begin your field training. They call it Sunday Power Hour! You bring your own cell phone to their office, they give you a script and the top five names on the list, you came up with, to call. You are supposed to make four appointments at this time to meet with thoses people on you list at their own homes. The agent training you goes with you to these appointments in the hopes of a:recruiting them to work for Primerica as they did with me or b:selling them one of their policies or investments. Ok is this job telemarketing or what???you are even using your own phone!! Plus they make you do your own financial report where they then push their products on you as well...Boy are they good! The real kicker is you get some appointments like your Mortgage license by watching a 15 minute video. You do have to go to prelicencing/licensing classes (cram courses)which I was left in the dark about until the last minute. They told me only what I wanted to hear until the time was right. Big scam please beware!! You do have to put a lot of money out upfront and then conduct these field training appointments on your closest friends and family, plus the person training you makes the money initially!! You will be a telemarketer finding all your own clients, if any!! you pay all your own travel expenses and are encouraged to buy training videos, audio tapes and other written propaganda. AHHH I am glad I came to my senses. Cathleen Baltimore, MarylandU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Primerica
Entity: Reisterstown, Maryland
Sep 28 2004
Primerica ripoff- fraud- garbage Schaumburg Illinois*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
Primerica is a total rip and complete waste of time. I was recently a salesman doing both phones and door to door. Let me tell you they couldn't have sold me on crap. No questions were answered, just vague very vague answers. Didn't want to know anything about me expect my references....okay I worked in sales so I knew what they were getting at. Basically I ask them about what kind of benefits they had and all they told me was that the sky's the limit. I asked about va-cay or sick days..etc. No answer, they tried to control the conversation and stated how about another interview? I asked is their a start up fee? Yes $200, the only real answer that I got. I told him to take it out of my first check and he laughed. So I laughed and told him it was a joke and left. Vinny Chicago, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Schaumburg, Illinois
Sep 27 2004
Primerica Finaical Services employment scam / rip off St. Louis Missouri*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I recieved a postcard in the mail stating that they had recieved my resume on line but that my phone number was on the NO CALL LIST with the state. The post card did not provide a company name only the recruiter name and office address as well as a phone number to call. I called the number and immediately noticed that a company name was not stated. Then was engaged in a conversation of expansion of business and needing employees with my qualification to run an office/branch for Citigroup Financial. I agreed to an interview, questioningly, since I had not directly applied to this company. Was asked to come back on an evening when there would be an orientation and was shocked when the gentleman ask if it was okay to ask my personal contacts for any additional persons who may be interested in a Financial Services Career. I e-mailed all my contact with the details and requested them not to talk to this gentleman about potential employees nor myself. Please be very aware of employment offers recieved off the internet that you did not DIRECTLY apply for. Kristina Overland, MissouriU.S.A.
Entity: St. Louis, Missouri
Sep 23 2004
Primerica Ripoff I Was Saved ripoff Waldorf maryland Thanks Ripoff Report*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I want to say that i recently was supposed to go to a briefing for this company and i didn't know i thing about them. I was picked up by a cop last night for driving while suspended,lol didn't know it,but anyway.If i wasn't saved my ticket of $75.00 would have been $199.00 for going to the meeting. I would have fallen victim of the scam and threw away my well earn money. I would like to say thanks to this website all of the reports i read saved me, i was curious about this job because it sounded great and i found this website off of yahoo and thanks to them to. Thomas lexington park, MarylandU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Apr 04 2004
Primerica ripoff Phoenix Arizona*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
This company is amazing at delivering a DREAM as they constantly told me when i was approached by a representative. How can anyone sit there and agree to pay $199 and become certified at lying to the public and get rich off of others? I was soooo glad when i found this site and read the complaints about the time wasted at the meetings, which were merely held at a rental spot office when i visited. The group appeared to be hungry for new blood and fed on the victims who came such as myself. As for pamphlets to take home and look over to decide on insurances or info, i received none. But plenty of get rich and success stories abound. This company is a sure winner to demise when the market is saturated and no one left to sucker. I'm glad that i held off and slipped away before they could collect my hard earned dollar and contacts. Anyone who knows a big firm would agree this type of business is unusual and smells funny when it is presented in such a manner. Psst...i have a Bridge to sell you! Joe leesville, LouisianaU.S.A.
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
Apr 09 2004
Primerica PFS Defrauded - Looking for others & possible lawsuit Atlanta Georgia*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
My husband and I were involved with PFS a few years ago and we spent our entire retirement savings before realizing we were going down the wrong road. I am just now getting over the shame enough to seek out others in the same position. I would like to see this company shut down. I am looking for others who may have similar experiences to see if we can get the courts to take a serious look at PFS. Here, briefly, is what happened to us: My husband was temporarily off work due to an on the job injury when we were approached by an RVP with PFS. We decided to go for it since it was something he could do while recovering from his injury. We were in the company for a couple of years and were some on top of performers in the base shop. We won numerous awards and two trips to Atlanta for being among the top twenty-five recruiters in the nation. We were lavished with awards and praise and if anyone was on their way to making it, we were there. The problem was that we were actually making very little money and spending our savings to survive. Admittedly, we were foolish and jumped in with both feet. We saw the dream and truly, truly believed we could get there with hard work. I think we could have too but we came to realize that we were not really being honest with people and that we were trying to build up a business with people who would never be able to make it, all in the name of recruiting. We did what we were taught. I could have written any of the rebuttals you see on this website at the time we were involved. At this time, I know that most of the real stars, the people who were expected to make it big along with us, are no longer with PFS or still don't earn much of a living. I know that many, like us, live in shame and are too embarassed to admit we fell for it lock, stock, and barrel. I am only interested in hearing from people who feel ripped off like we do. Please do not write to defend the company - there are plenty of those on this website. There is nothing you can write that I wouldn't have said myself while we were involved with PFS. If you are in PFS - good luck to you. Work hard and maybe you will make it. I hope so for your sake. Debra Oklahoma City, OklahomaU.S.A.
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
Apr 13 2004
Primerica - Hopefully It Isn't Too Late... Badly Mislead by Rep Flint Michigan*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I recently was talked into, as were several people I know, trying this fantastic company called Primerica. I found out last night that much of what the rep. told me before securing my check for $199.00 was not true. I was assured, and was very specific in asking for details, that the money would be refunded to me as a retroactive scholarship as soon as I finished the class. A single mom I am seeking better employment and like the idea of helping others escape debt. I used the same methods myself in years past so I know it works. Under my own initiative I might add. Apparently what the rep failed to tell me is that I must secure at least 6 new people BEFORE I take the class in order to get the refund. This is NOT what I was told at the three interviews. This other person is now out money they could not afford to lose and feels trapped into continuing to work. Hmm 6 times 199.00 If I get nearly $1200, I get two back... funny doesn't seem like a scholarship, refund or anything else does it? I have placed a stop payment on my check, pray I was not too late. Others will be hearing of this site from me, until now I had not known it existed. Kat Flint, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: Flint, Michigan
May 07 2004
Primerica Financial Services a division of citigroup financial services ripoff! Telemarketing liars! Nationwide*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
Bless this website. A few days ago I was contacted by a Ryan Large who said that my resume had been passed on to him and that he was hiring for Primerica Financial Services, a division of CitiGroup, hadn't I ever heard of them?. What we do is we help people get out of debt, Mr. Large said. When I asked what exactly the job they were hiring for entailed, Mr. Large said he was hiring to train managers and even financial analysts because Primerica was planning to build 20 more offices here in Columbus in the next however many years. Wow! I have an English degree. Could Mr. Large really train me to get work as a financial analyst? I was suspicious so I asked if it had anything to do with telemarketing. What? he said. I repeated my question and Mr. Large responded with a laugh as if my question had been silly. No, no, he said, no telemarketing. So I agreed to an interview but couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss. I typed Primerica and telemarketing into google and sure enough! I land on this very website to find a report from a person who'd had nearly the same experience as myself. Eliza Columbus, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Columbus, Nationwide
Jun 02 2004
Primerica ripoff Baghdad Nationwide*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I have a number of collegues who were hasseled by US military personnel in Iraq. These soldiers were Primerica agents and a recruiting mission. They bugged everyone to become agents in their pyramid scheme, told to come to meetings, and promised big incomes. You Primericans are Satan! Osama A CaveAfghanistan
Entity: Baghdad, Nationwide
Jun 01 2004
Primerica ripoff scamming here now, too Urbandale Iowa*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I was contacted today by a very nice-sounding woman asking if I would like an interview with the vice-president of their company. Oh, how good that sounded! I'm looking for work now and have posted my resume on Monster and Hot Jobs, hoping to find something in secretarial or restaurant. You know, things I have experience doing!!! Definately not financial services. I immediately searched the web for primerica and was directed to this site...and how happy I was to find it!! I have yet to see a post from Iowa, though there may be one or two on here. But i wanted everyone to know that they are in Iowa now, too. I did read the rebuttal in one and found it humerous!! We're lazy??? Then why do WE work all the hours?? I can only say that it must take a very, very defensive person to say that everyone who doesn't want to get scammed out of $199 is lazy! Why so defensive? Hope anyone else in Iowa who gets the call will post, too, so we can show them we're not interested. Melissa Winterset, IowaU.S.A.
Entity: Urbandale, Iowa
Jun 01 2004
Primerica ripoff Called for an interview? Don't go! Cincinnati Ohio*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
A warning to all those people who Primerica has contacted for an interview...don't go! A few weeks ago I got a call from one of these clowns wanting me to come in for a interview which I did attend. However, when I got to the office there was a good 20 people there so I knew something did not see right. Instead of an actual interview we got to hear some BS story and see some generic looking FNA that looked like it was put together by a 2nd grader using PowerPoint printouts. In the entire 1 1/2 hrs they did not clearly answer 1 question that anyone had. They danced around important topics such as: benefits, pay, and just what they did do at the company. They kept saying that they provided a way for people to get out of debt. Now let me see here...they want people that act as financial agents of sorts, but don't that require training? Now I am a college graduate who majored in Business Management Technology, but have not had any experience in the financial industry and they wanted to hire me? I found that a little odd. So they are going to train me (for $199.00) in a matter of weeks? yeah right. Listen, there is no way in the world you can teach the material that needs to be taught in a matter of 8 - 12 weeks at the rate of 2 days a week for 2 hrs. I've taken some finance courses in college and believe me when I say this they are tough. Many including myself found them very hard to get through during an entire semester let alone a few weeks. And what about that $199.00 price tag to get your license? sorry, but that just screams SCAM to me. I mean what kind of Mickey Mouse BS is that? if Primerica is such a big successful business why can't they flip the bill? I was beginning to see what a complete joke this was. Look at it like this: if you're a customer seeking financial advice who would you rather have (A) someone who's built up a solid reputation in the industry or (B)someone who works at Wendy's during the day and does this at night to give you advice? And to top if off they had a TV personality (a weatherman) come in on a Saturday morning. And give this BS story of how he's making so much through Primerica he's quitting his job at the TV station. The guy was so cheesy it was not funny. He just screamed hey I'm being paid to come in here and say all this stuff! The overall attitude of the people there was really fake. They had everyone stand in two lines and high five everyone they seen. I swear we spent a good 45 minutes high fiving and listening to awful music while doing it. After spending one morning there I could take no more. I didn't walk out...I ran out and never looked back! I hope that they don't try to sucker any of you like they did me. listen to these words of wisdom: DON'T GIVE THEM ANY MONEY! I didn't and am glad I made that decision. Steve Hamilton, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Cincinnati, Ohio
May 03 2004
Primerica Misleading job seekers ripoff Pleasanton California*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I was recently called by a woman pretending to be a recruiter who wanted to meet with me. As a job seeker, I have met with recruiters from search agencies and from within companies. The recuiter did not mention a specific position, but made it sound as if she had serveral opportunities. No mention was ever made of selling insurance or investments. Not until we met and had been speaking for 15 or so minutes did the woman mention financial services. I was confused and not sure why she had not mentioned a company name or what they really wanted me to do before. So I came home and researched! NOTE TO EVERYONE: Do Your Research I found Primerica mentioned on serveral sites, mostly complaints. I will not bother with the presentation she wanted me to attend, as I do not want to sell insurance. For anyone who likes or dislikes Primerica, I will say this: any company or representative that is not upfront immediately with what they do, be wary. And again, ANY company you want to work for or otherwise invest with, DO SOME RESEARCH. It can only help. G Bay Area, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Pleasanton, California
May 04 2004
Primerica ripoff! Telemarketing scam! Creve Coeur Missouri*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I received a phone call one night from a man name Chip Meyer he said that the VP of the company he works for put my resume on his desk with my skills highlighted. He went on telling me that they wanted to open up a new office in my area, and wanted to know if I was interested in a basic office position or even a manager's position. He asked me if I could come in for a personal interview that Saturday morning that would include a short seminar on the company and the jobs they are hiring for. I no that time would not work so I ended up going to the next seminar with was at 7pm on a Tuesday. Well I thought this could be a good deal. He did not tell me what the name of the company was all he told me is Citi Group was under them. I came to work and was telling a coworker which thought it sounded good. She asked me where did I apply for this job at I thought it was on monster jobs but could not find anything with there name on it to show her. Later that night I called Chip and told him about my friend being interested also he said well just bring her along. That was kind of strange it was someone off the street and he said just bring her along. So we both end up sitting through a 2 hour seminar, Chip came back over after it was over and asked me if I was interested still I said yes I think. So we made arrangements for another interview with the VP one on one. For the next week. Well thank god I looked at this site first. I called and left him a message that I had done some research and I was not interested anymore and he need not to call me ever again... Just a Warning this is happening in Missouri also. Misty St Charles, MissouriU.S.A.
Entity: Creve Coeur, Missouri
May 22 2004
Primerica Financial Services ripoff Richmond Virginia*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I'm currently a senior in college, and planning on graduating this December. I work at the mall and the other day I was helping a customer and we started a conversation. He asked me about my plans after graduation, and I told him that I really had no definate plans. He introduced himself as a vice-president at Primerica,the fastest growing company within Citi Group. He said that they were recruiting and asked for a number where he could contact me. I gave him my number figuring that a vice-president at a Citi Group company could probably hook me up with a job. I got a call the next day and when I returned the call I was a little surprised by the informality of the office. I expected to be put on hold, but instead I heard a voice saying that I was on the line. I set up an interview for the following day. When I arrived, I filled out a preliminary application asking whether or not I had filed for bankruptcy and so forth. I was a little surprised when the application I had filled out asked if I had a GED. They also asked for 5 character references and their numbers. I wrote them down, but after reading other reports, I'm afraid they'll be contacted in an attempt to recruit them. The interview seemed genuine. They asked the standard questions regarding ones's ambitions and future plans. Then they showed me a file on how they helped people get out of debt and plan for retirement. Though I was a little suspicious, everything was fine until they said that this was a commission based job. Then they mentioned the $199 fee for classes and certification. I left the interview saying that I would get back to them after I had explored all my options. But after having looked up the reports tonight, I won't be accepting their offer. Rashid richmond, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: Richmond, Virginia
May 22 2004
Primerica ripoff Columbus Ohio*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
Approximately 6-weeks ago,I was contacted by Patti Leasure of Primerica about a job opportunity. She informed me that she got my resume off of Hot-Jobs. I was asked if I ever thought about a job in the financial field.I told her no. She informed me that there were openings at Primerica and she could set up an interview for me. I agreed to this. A few days later, I went to this so called interview, which was no interview at all. It was nothing but a group informational meeting about Citi-group which the way I understand it, owns Primerica. Nothing was really stated what Primerica really does. There was about 25 people in this so called interview. After this meeting if we wanted to attend a one on one interview we were directed to certain individuals. I thought that I would check this out a little further. I then met with a Mike Weihrauch. He is suppose to be a Regional Vice-President for Primerica. He set up an interview with me a few days later. He told me that I would have to be license to sell insurance or real estate and it would cost $199.00 and it was refundable if I changed my mind. He did state that if i did change my mind after I completed the license application for the state, I would only get $149.00 back. He explained to me that I would not have to make any contacts myself that the office was already swamped with customers and I would be taking over some of the accounts. After a while of nothing more than BS-ing, I gave him the money and I left. I then talked to Patti Leasure a few day later along with a Rob. They both told me that I would have to provide a least 6-contacts for them and I would not reap any rewards from them. But they would and the people in charge of them would.I asked if this wasn't a pyramid scheme. Rob told me know that it was a reverse pyramid. A few days later,I called Patti and told her that I was no longer interested in Primerica and I would like to have my refund. She told me that I would have to send a resignation letter to Mike Weihrauch because I had already paid my money. I then told her that I didn't even know that I was hired by Primerica. She informed that once I paid, I was considered an employee. I then sent a letter of resignation to Mike Weihrauch. and asked for my refund. I also stated in the letter that I no longer wanted and contact with anyone from Primerica because they couldn't tell the truth and be completely honest with me. This letter was sent approximately 3-weeks ago to Mike Weihrauch. I have not received my money or anything from anyone at Primerica. Harold Springfield, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Columbus, Ohio
May 25 2004
Primerica ripoff Marietta Georgia*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
This was a TIME WASTER for me! I thought Primerica was a REAL job! They masquerade it as such with their ads in the paper under customer service rather than SALES and attending job fairs telling people they are looking for customer service reps! Got a called from a Rep telling me that he has info from me from the job fair 2 months back! I was surprised that anyone would call from a job fair from 2 months ago. So I agreed to arrange an interview. Went to the interview and was asked where do I see myself in the future, am I planning on going back to school (had I knew this was some MLM BULL, I would have told him the TRUTH that NO there is a high chance that I won't go back to school) So anyway, he starts showing me figures of Primerica claiming to save money for families and help them invest money for their future for retirement. He said other companies are rip offs. Backs are also rip offs because they all keep a higher percentage of a person's money and give to others for loans, mortgages, etc. So after all that he asked if I knew three people with kids. I told him that I did and he wanted their names AND PHONE NUMBERS! Then had the nerve to tell me that he wants to call them and RECRUIT them! Telling me that I will get a fee for their time. Then after that he tells me that I need to pay $199 because it's for the criminal background check and a license! What a minute! I know a criminal background check costs less than $15 here in GA! And a license is needed for classes like in Real Estate NOT peddling around insurance!!! I wanted to LAUGH SOOOOOOO BAD! When he gave the fee! Not only that, if this company is SO legit? WHY do I need to find my own leads? WHY aren't leads provided? WHY aren't they like banks and other insurance companies where people come to THEM? You don't have to recruit family and friends! If this companies is SO huge, you don't need to recruit your family and friends and he would have NOT did the unprofessional thing of asking me names of friends then had the NERVE to say he wants to call and recruit them!!! Also if he really made $20,000 a month, WHY was the office beat up looking???? WHY mask the job under customer service and not under SALES!? WHY the deceit???? Pamela 30305, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Marietta, Georgia
Oct 29 2003
Primerica Threats, Intimidation, Bordering Blackmail or Extortion Duluth Georgia *UPDATE: Primerica offers a good business opportunity & stands behind its products & services- - Company Executives have told Rip-Off Report that Primerica pledges to resolve complaints & address any inquires from the past, present & in the future.
EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report Investigation: Primerica gets a POSITIVE RATING in customer support from Rip-off Report and is fulfilling its commitment to provide excellent customer service. Primerica pledges to resolve complaints and address representative issues. For a long time this EDitor had concerns about Primerica because of the number of Reports about them. For many months Rip-off Report was looking into the company, even before they contacted us to resolve any issues and mostly misunderstandings being posted by competitors. With over 100,000 representatives and 6 million clients, Primerica is bound to be the subject of a certain number of complaints about improper agent conduct, as well as product and administrative complaints. Rip-Off's investigation found such complaints, but importantly also found that Primerica is committed to resolving such complaints quickly and doing everything possible to satisfy its clients. It also takes appropriate action against any of its representatives who are found to have conducted themselves improperly or unethically. We believe that the number of complaints against this company, whether through the Internet or other channels, is small when put into the context of its enormous size. Most big companies would never commit themselves like Primerica has. Read our investigative Report and Primerica's commitment to 100% consumer satisfaction.
Entity: Duluth, Georgia
Feb 27 2004
Primerica ripoff Hazleton Pennsylvania*UPDATE: Primerica offers a good business opportunity & stands behind its products & services- - Company Executives have told Rip-Off Report that Primerica pledges to resolve complaints & address any inquires from the past, present & in the future.
I was recruited into Primerica under the guise of a job as a Vice President making $100,000 per year and owning an office. After going through their training and licensing, I found that all they were doing is using people and their market. My best year with them I made $20,000 and found that I was in the upper 25% of earners with the company? Yes there are some that make $100,000+ per year, but every month they recruit >10,000 new people! That's 120,000+ new people per year and their licensed field force hovers around 110,000. That's over a 100% turnover per year and there's less than 1500 making over $100,000 per year. I beleive in the process of buy term and invest the difference, but when you can get the same term from Traveler's for 50% less than Primerica, there's more to invest. The only way to make money at Primerica is to use people and before you know it your friends are avoiding you. After I quit Primerica I was shunned, by my former Primerica friends and I was verbally slandered to my clients, which I found out aren't my clients, but the companies clients. I can't even talk to them for two years after quiting, but guess what... I'm now and indepedent agent and I've made $20,000 in three months already and unfortunately it took me years to realize that I was being screwed by Primerica. So if somebody talks to you about Primerica say no thanx. Tom Berwick, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Mar 16 2004
Primerica Luring the public. I am really angry about this! Ft. Wright Kentucky*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I am in the stages of mental breakdown due to the fact that my full time job will probably be eliminated at the end of this month. I have been on the websites each day posting my resume. I got a call the other day from someone for PFS Investments. The person said they were opening 25 new locations in the area and were looking for people to work at the offices. He saw that I currently work as an accountant and a human resource manager. He also noticed that I had no degree, but I do have a long work history in my position. He said that generally they look for people with a degree, but my work history would be just as beneficial to the hiring process. We set up an appointent the next evening, where he told me we would be having our 'group orientation'. I thought this sounded interesting, and knew that I had to go to this interview because I have to find a job. I was nervous, stayed late after work and made sure my hair and makeup was fine. I got there 15 minutes early to talk to the man I spoke with on the phone. He was very personable, and asked of my work background and what I wanted to do. We spoke of our connection with property management, he had done so in the past as I do now. That was our common ground. The presentation began. I thought at first, this is a wonderful way to introduce potential employees to your workplace. I also thought it to be excessive, but in the industry I work in, time is money, we don't have either to 'wow' our future associates to this length. I have never worked directly in the banking industry, so what did I know? It seemed ligit....until he mentioned the fees you had to pay for your criminal background check. Not one time did he mention any particular position. They explained what their company did. They showed us examples of their banking stuff and their numbers, they bragged about themselves and blah blah. The most interesting part to me was that they enjoyed helping people. They said they wanted to find people that enjoyed helping familes, business'; debt relief. Not once did they say anything about selling. Actually, they pretty much seemed to just say they were opening the 25 offices and they needed people to help them. They did put up a graph that showed the income/comission on a VP of Primerica. They didn't explain where these figures came from or if this was your only source of income. There were other subtle hints I noticed, but did not fully realize until I got home. The application says something about bringing your spouse, paying the application (fees). Being an HR Manager, and working for a very cheap company, I do say one thing, they do not ask the employees to pay for their own background check or their own licensing. If they did, it wouldn't be over $200.00! My husband said it was a scam and so did my mother. Only till I found this message board I find it all coming together. It is so sad, because I really put so much work into my resume and references, and racked up my phone bill to get letters of recommenations from old bosses. I am quite angry that he wasn't up front with me from the phone call. I know I can find a job, but this is rediculous. I was really excited! Let me say one last thing, it is damn sad when companies start charging employees to work for them. Amber Erlanger, KentuckyU.S.A.
Entity: Ft. Wright, Kentucky
Mar 18 2004
Primerica Financial Services ripoff won't refund money Oklahoma City Oklahoma*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I was taken in by Primerica just as one of the reports that I read here. They had received my resume from it being posted on Yahoo jobs. I went for the interview and, I am so ashamed to say, was taken in and paid them $199.00 for a job. I then found out that I was going to have to have major back surgery and asked for my money back. Several excuses were given and a great effort was made to keep me on board. Now that I am well again I called them and guess what, I am still in their database, so therefore I can start all over again, just like I was brand new to Primerica. Well, if I am brand new then, start my 30 days again and give me a refund of my money. Thanks for nothing Primerica, enjoy that 200.00 bucks, I could have bought food for a month with that money. I wish I had known of this site sooner. Audre Oklahoma City, OklahomaU.S.A.
Entity: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma