QUESTIONABLE ACTIVITIES Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: questionable activities

There may be more reports for "questionable activities"

For more results perform a general search for "questionable activities"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jun 23 2009
CDFSU SCAM RELIEF international Nationwide
I had previously written a negative report about the company that goes by CDFSU (Cheap Discount Software for You). The Windows XP that I was sent did not work after I installed the second disc. All of the settings on my computer screen changed and I could not adjust them. They would not answer my emails as to what might be the problem. I contacted them for assistance 3 times in 4 days and got nothing but an autmated response that they would get back with me within 24-36 hours. There was no other contact or return information on their website. I emailed them requesting a refund. A week after receiving the product I finally went to my bank who promised to investigate and get my refund. By the end of the day I had received an email from CDFSU that my refund would be started in 3 days. How nice it would have been to get such fast response as to why their product did not work in the first place. I don't recommend buying from them. Pamela Orem, UtahU.S.A.
Dec 29 2008
Pricelimbo.com Beware of Pricelimbo.com Uyah Internet
I had the sum of $8.51 charged against my credit card on Dec 2, 2008. I have never ordered anything from them. I did receive an e-mail from them to say that I been enerolled for a free membership few days earlier and to activate the link which I did out of curiosity to see what the memebership is about. I have never provided them with my credit card details. I have cancelled my credit card and referred the matter to the credit card company to investigate. Alfie LondonUnited Kingdom
Nov 27 2008
FRNTR Debited checking account Nationwide
Debited my checking account on 11/26/08 for $39. Mary Ann Sacramento, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Nov 30 2008
Snuggie Mr. Wallingford Connecticut
On the internet I ordered a Snuggie blanket. I will get two for the price of one. Because I wanted two different colors they double my order without my permission. I do not want four Snuggie blankets. Being Sunday I could not reach them by phone. I will try again tomorrow. Hubert Bellingham, WashingtonU.S.A.
Entity: Wallingford, Connecticut
Feb 21 2009
AOMK1 a site that illegally sells dvd's Internet
I am writting to warn people to stay away from this site. When i joined up i thought it was a community about magic then found out they are offering illegally pirated materials and then they started asking for money! They asked for $60 to sign up and $25 per month to be a VIP member. The website owner himself states that over 90% of the people who donated to this site were kicked off - so he is basically stealing your money then banning you! Beware of this con-artist! (for more info search the web for cheekychap aomk1) Magicman London, OntarioCanada
Mar 18 2009
Meyrocorp Antivirus software ripoff Internet
I purchased the antivirus software on line through Meyrocorp or Cure-soft for $49.95 in December 2008. Just now realizing I don't have any antivirus protection and there is no way to contact the company. Only through this website (searched via google) did I realize it was a ripoff. Now what.....? Lynda Helena, MontanaU.S.A.
Aug 27 2008
PharmacyGold Silent crimes Des Plaines Illinois
I went online to see about getting a copy of my credit scores from all three creditors. When I applied I was asked to song up for PharmacyGold for $1.00, I did and the next day i went back online to cancel my membership because I had all the information I needed. I received a prompt that it was canceled. I thought great no problem. But when I received my bank statement It was on there I didn't sweat it because it was just a dollar. But from then on its been appearing on my bank statemnt and increasing each month. Now I have tried to call and have it removed but it keeps telling me to send an email to membersaving. But they want email me back any information. My Question is how do I stop this from charging my account each month without closing my bank account. Lazandra Shreveport, LouisianaU.S.A.
Entity: Des Plaines, Illinois
Aug 18 2008
Telebid gambling websites disguised as auction site. Nationwide
The website telebid.com advertises itself as an auction website, but it is actually gambling covered up as auctioning. I believe their business is entirely illegal in the USA, and the are covering up the system to get people involved in it. Also, there is no way to unsubscribe from their marketing mailing list (broken link), and emailvision.com who they send newsletters with are also inaccessible. Alc LondonUnited Kingdom
Apr 03 2009
Carrick Boston Scammer, Fraud Internet
This person answered a Craigslist ad for golf clubs. Wanted my name, address, phone number saying he would have a bank cerified check made out to me for the cost of the golf clubs. Then said his wife was in bed and that was the reason he did not get back to me sooner. Then said he would have his movers, Alachua Moving Service, bring the check and pick up the golf clubs. The use of the English language was poor even though the words were spelled properly. I did not answer but am uncomfortable about this person. Have seen other reports about this same number but different name and different items. Linda Mt. Juliet, TennesseeU.S.A.
Apr 01 2010
shoppershotline.com cheats, cheats, cheats Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Santa McDowell says that shoppershotline.com had her redeem her points which she did in January 2010 to get $50.00 she thought it would be placed on her debit card. Imagine her shock when she called shoppershotline.com and she was told no it would not be placed on her debit card but she would receive a physical check for $50.00 before April 1, 2010. To date she has received nothing not one red penny. She kept calling shoppershotline to see where the money was she kept being put off by a person who calls himself john. He continuously told Santa McDowell not to worry she would get the check for $50.00. The place has gone out of business and they have been taken over by Consumer Panelist. So now what happens, no money no nothing eventhough she complied with everything she was asked to do no money at all.
Entity: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Apr 01 2010
uclipcoupons Stolen 23.96 Internet
I am filinf a stolen money report.This company stole from my bank account the sum of23.96 and is now unrecoverable from the bank. They stole whatever money was in my bank account and now as a result of this Theft I can not put food on the table for my family or purchase my needed medications to even live. How can we stop the theives that come in the night and do this,no one wants to help or stop it. I just feel sorry for others but I am really angry and others wonder why so many people go Postal Thanks for a place to vent but I would like to contact the theives directly and unsubscribe or take my info off whatever list it was sold to so I can at least stop a repeat before it happens again,like will this happen everymonth? And just what did my hard fought for money buy me except a kick in the butt.
Dec 29 2009
Geico Unfair Rate Increases Internet
UNFAIR RATE INCREASES This company Geico said that they lower the rate of your bill when you are a good driver without accidents.  In the last year Geico has been raising the amount of your bill with nothing to base their increases on.  And these are exuberant increases. When they are questioned their answer is: you recieved a letter in the mail informing everyone that we were increasing your bill.  So what you informed us.  What is the increase BASED ON.  Especially when they souped me into signing with their company by promising that my rates would decrease as long as I kept a good record with no accidents.  Well, it started out good and each payment period my bill was decreased.  But now Geico is allowed to flip a switch and decide to now go in the other direction and increase my bill? What I want to know is, is this a breach of contract between company and the insured?  We are talking about a company that advertised and bated clients saying that they reward you by decreasing your monthly payment when you don't have accidents.  This is years of establishing myself with this company in order to keep the amount of my insurance down.  Look how they wasted my time.  I could have been established with a different company who were giving me the same service that Geico said that they would.  They even had the nerve to say other people were having accidents that they had to pay off.  What does this have to do with me?  Aren't they in the insurance business?  Please respond legally if possible.  Something is not right here.  My increase is now up to $30.00.  Every time they renew, they increase and I'm paying and paying for someone elses gain.  The usual proceedure was to increase the amount of those who had the accidents.  Why don't I decide to tell my boss to now pay me for staying home instead of paying me for coming to work.  Who is letting Geico get away with this.  Does the government know about Geico's business practices and how they rip off even their best customers?  Come on now!!!
Jul 31 2010
Haggle.com DISHONEST, RIPOFF Bellevue, Washington
I recently joined Haggle and read everything they posted about how to bid at the auctions.  I spent about $300.00 and lost every single auction I bid on.  I noticed the same people winning over and over again.  At the last auction Haggle froze my account in the middle of bidding thereby guaranteeing my loss and wasting all my prior bids.  When I complained they said it was due to unusal activity with my account.  Later they said it was because of aggressive bidding, i.e., I bid twice in a row at the 1 second mark on the clock.  My bidding was far less aggressive than the other bidders, especially the ones that win over and over again.  When I pursued this they changed the time of the auction history on the item they forced me to lose and now claim I was bidding on something other than what I actually was bidding on at the time.  When I posted a warning on Haggle's Facebook page, Haggle deleted the warning within 3 seconds!  Something is not right about this site.  Too many people are complaining about unfair practices/glitches that prevent bidders from winning.  These irregularities raise serious questions about the legitimacy of the site and it appears an investigation is in order.  I'm contacting the Attorney General's Office ASAP.
Entity: Bellevue, Washington
Jan 03 2010
boa scam clearwater, Florida
ok i have deffinetly never done this before..ok..I am a college student and was hired at boa August 2009. Since the first week at boa I had an unconfortable occasion when the assistant manager said that she couldnt find my name in the system...Honestly I did not know what system she was talking about because i've never had an issue with that. No employer has ever said that they couldnt find me in the system..A couple of days later the assistant manager in front of all the other tellers asks me if my name is my real name? You know if she really had to ask why couldn't she ask in private. I explained to her that in my culture we have our fathers and mothers last name, but that in this country I've always gone by my first and last name. Like i said i have never had an issue with that. So since the beggining I have not really been to fond of that assistant manager. The lady is just plain rude all the time. I don't even know where to start. On Nov 25th the day before thanksgiving is when the issue ocurred. I needed large bills so I asked the teller manager for them. She said she didn't have money to give me (she handles the vault) so she borrowed 4thousand from another teller. This teller was working in the drive thru that day while i was in the lobby. Well she handed the money to me. As the day went on people made deposits so i had cash. At 230 pm before i balanced to go home my manager asked me to give the teller the money back. I told her that i thought he had sold it to me. She anwered, no he let you borrow it. So i gave him back the 4 grand but when i balanced i came out 4300 dollars SHORT. My manager helped me recount and look for a mistake but she did not find anything wrong.  To me nothing made sense. How could i be short the amount that i borrowed from the other teller. SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!  I went home and I honestly thought they would find it and everything would be ok. So since this happened on weds., thurs we were off for thanksgiving, and friday i came in to work but they had no news of the money. I had no idea how to react  I had never worked in a bank before this. Saturday and Sunday the bank was closed then monday before I left the teller manager asked me to NOT come in the next day (tuesday) because corporate security was goiing to investigate but that they were going to pay me the day anyways. So tuesday i was off and wednesday mys my day off so i did not come back until thursday Dec 3rd 2009. That day they said that corporate security did not want me to handle any more transactions until further notice so they had me lobby leading (greeting ppl ect no cash handling). Thi was very hard on me. I felt that something was very wrong and i began to have an odd feeling like when you feel lied to.  This went on until wednesday Dec 8th I belive. Corporate security or preety much KEVIN BEASLY came in to interview me. That day they had given me off so I came in just for the interview. I'm thinking they did not want me there when he arrived. Theres a lot more to this but to sum it up in the interview Kevin Beasly said that he had no idea what couldve happened to the money. So i asked him if they had checked the camera and his response was No we haven't checked the cameras, I can check them but i don't promise you anything because when we check those cameras we can only see the back of the tellers head OH MY LORD when he said that i knew this people were screwing with me. There is no way that he can say this to me. IF THE ONLY THING THAT THEY CAN SEE IS THE BACK IF THE TELLERS HEADS THE CAMERAS WOULD NOT BE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Bull crap!!!! Dec 10th, 2009 they terminated me. The Bank manager  (oh and of course the assistant manager was watching with the biggest smile) said that wether the money is found or not that they had to terminate me because of the amount.  What I told her was that non of this made sense its hard to believe that this much money is lost and that they can not come up with an answer. I told her I felt like they did not do enough. She responded that i can contact Kevin Beasly and ask but that guy had done nothign so far. I called him and he never answered the phone finally he left me a voice message saying that he has not found anything and to please call him if i remember anything because he insinuates that i took the money. In the end I don't know what this people really did. Maybe they took the money and used to me declare a loss. Who knows? I don't know if I should get a lawyer. The worst part is that now there is a termination from bank of america in my record. This also has really affected me. I a very sad about all of this. I have a hard time concentrating because I am constantly trying to figure out what could've happened. It's very depressing. I just want closure. I want an answer to what happened with that money. I want my peace back. If someone can help me. Idk..
Entity: clearwater, Florida
Jan 14 2010
Investorshub Illegal message board delations Internet
Warning: do not pay these scam artists for a subscription (IHub stock message boards). Why? Why pay the scammers to selectively delete your posts and let similar posts stand? Why pay these scammers to take your money and then if they don't like your posts throw you in jail-IHub jail that is. They can jail you for days, months, or even throw you off for posts they do not like. Oh, by the way, the scammers at IH will not refund you your money!!!! Beware, there are other good stock message boards which are free.
May 21 2010
REALTYTRADE cheated me of refund Orlando, Florida
This Co. promised to sell my timeshre at Lake Tahoe within 6mo. or refund me money Ipaid them $1295. ater the six mo.period I call them requesting a refund because I had not received any calls. I was told that they sent me a responce on april 20 2010.  Which I think was a lie because I check my e-mails daily and I didnot receive any offers, also I was told that I did not request a refund within 10days of the end of my contract (it was on the 11th day) therefore I was not entilted to a refund. This is not acceptable. Please help me
Entity: Orlando, Florida
FX Solutions potential scam Internet
A listing of a potential job position was advertised on Craigslist, the position was for an assistant.  That should have been the tip off that something was amiss.  The result was:  I received a check in the amount of $2,450.00.  I was to pay some of the individual's bills, deduct 2 weeks salary, and the remainder, forwarded per Western Union or Money Gram, to a mailing address in the United Kingdom.  The check will be accepted and cashed at your local bank but within weeks, it will be returned as bogus.  The bank will then debit your personal account for the $2,450.00.  Your money will be long gone.
standardrateplan.com Texting Scam Internet
My daughter (10 years old) just signed up to receive text alerts (and a joke service) from the company named standardrateplan.com. It sells jokes to consumers and seems to be a hot spot for young kids. Even though they have a disclaimer that you have to be 18, or have the permission of your parents, your cell phone bill gets charged automatically once you put in your cell phone number (don't know yet if my 10-year old even knows she signed up for this or that it costs money). Talked to a representative and they cancelled the service (only had it for about 2 hours), but they would have to send a refund check - they can't just take it off your cell phone bill.
standardrateplan.com Texting Scam Internet
My daughter (10 years old) just signed up to receive text alerts (and a joke service) from the company named jokesstandardrateplan.com. They started a monthly charge to her cell phone for their service (6 text alerts throughout the month), even though they have a disclaimer that the person needs to be 18 years old or have permission of their parents - we knew nothing about it and only learned of it when her cell phone beeped with a new text alert. They automatically charge your plan, and even though my daughter was only on the plan for less than 2 hours, they said they can't credit my bill - they will have to issue a refund check. I was not a happy camper. So tell your children to beware and don't type in their cell numbers - they will get charged.
45, Report #581921
Mar 17 2010
storefrontriches.com un authorized charges to phone bill Internet
this is the email you get in total suprise cause you never authorized or even ever heard of these theives they should be locked up   Thank you for selecting StoreFrontRiches as your own online business. You've already got an online storefront pre-loaded with products and waiting for you to customize. Remember that you get to keep 100% of the revenue generated from the products you sell! Below is your ID and password where you can login and customize your online storefront and access all of the other bonus software and services, all at no additional charge to you! Please follow the step-by-step instructions to start earning a generous income on the Internet. ======================LOGIN URL: www.storefrontriches.com ID: j**@netzero.com Password: P** ====================== A charge of $14.94 per month will conveniently be billed to your phone bill on the PaymentOne bill page on behalf of StoreFrontRiches. Please contact us if you have any questions or comments on your new online business. Our online business experts are eager to assist you. Don't forget to check out the Resources when you are logged in. There you will find everything you need to run a successful online business.StoreFrontRiches customerservice@StoreFrontRiches.com Store Front Riches charges will be billed at the rate of $14.94 per month, billed conveniently to your local phone bill on the PaymentOne bill page on behalf of Store Front Riches, Inc. You may cancel at any time with no further obligations simply by calling our customer service center at 866-540-5033, 8am - 8pm EST Monday through Friday or Customer Service at 18521 E. Queen Creek Rd. Suite 105-506 Queen Creek, AZ 85242 Store Front Riches service charges are considered Enhanced Telecommunications Services. You have the right to dispute Enhanced Telecommunications Service charges billed on your telephone bill. As a telephone service subscriber, you are not legally responsible for Enhanced Telecommunications Service charges incurred by minors or vulnerable adults without your consent. Neither a long distance company nor the local phone company may disconnect your local telephone service or long distance service because you refuse to pay an Enhanced Telecommunications Service charge. Enhanced Telecommunications Service Providers may employ other agencies to collect delinquent charge, even if your local phone company has previously adjusted them from your telephone bill. AT&T Consumers: You have the right to dispute the Store Front Riches charges billed on your local telephone bill. You are not legally responsible for Store Front Riches charges incurred by minors or vulnerable adults without your consent. Your local telephone service will not be disconnected because you fail to pay a charge by Store Front Riches except that nonpayment of certain regulated telecommunication charges may result in disconnection of service in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, South Carolina and Tennessee. Enhanced Telecommunications Service Providers may employ other agencies to collect delinquent charge, even if your local phone company has previously adjusted them from your telephone bill.
Mar 25 2010
BirthCertificateToday.com NetForms Bait and Switch Internet
On 3/10 I was looking into companies who you can order your birth certificate from. I found Birthcertificatetoday.com and for 19.95 they lead you to believe that they will mail you a birth certificate. WRONG, but what they will do is take your 29.95! yes that's right they offer a service(which they do not provide) for 19.95 then they charge your card 29.95 and you get nothing but a login and password to a website. I have emailed them 5 times no response, i have called their customer service line which is fake. i've contacted the BBB they haven't had any success with reaching them either ;[.. whatever you do DO NOT  give this company your account info. THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS!!
Jun 07 2010
myinternetoder.com SCAM !!! Internet
I have know idea who this company is and yet they have put a hold for $79.95 on my pay card which makes it useless to me because I cannot access my card till the hold is taken off. I have tried numerous times to call the 800 or 888 #'s they are supposed to have and ite office is always closed. the message says you can access your so-called account at anytime by going to this website but when you have to put in the last 6 digits of your card # guess what ?!  Thats right its not valid so I want to know who the hell these people think they are?  I want my money back and this hold taken off my paycard immediately. I have a family to take care of and this is not acceptable. Anyone with any information please let me know how to get my money back it would be greatly appreciated thank you .
Sep 04 2010
getgiftasap.com after your bank accounts Internet
texted received from 6504385576 website given www.getgiftasap.com toll free number 18773392683 I called the number of the text to get the promotion for a gas card... i was asked for my information name and address gave it they than proceeded to ask me for a credit card with visa master card etc logo  i gave them a prepaid visa logo card. they check and asked me if i had any other card besides that  i said no and was hung up on... i called back and asked what was the problem i have to pay 2 dollars for the shipment of my gift cards why cant i use my prepaaid card it is a visa logo with my name i was told because it was not attached to a bank account. so i than told the rep well this sounds like a scam he got upset and threatened me that he would go into the card and take all the money in there if wanted. i than told him to go ahead that he would be sorry he did. he got very upset and went off on a tangent i than told first off i call u hang up on me than threaten me who should be upset. on top of that it does sound fishy i can use this card any where it is a visa card why does it need to be attached to my bank account. than he went on about not being a localcustoer due to the fact im using a prepaid card.. bottom line they need a bank account
Sep 04 2010
getgiftasap.com wants your bank account Internet
text recieved from 6504385576 website provided in text www.getgiftasap.com toll free number given 18773392683I called the number of the text to get the promotion for a gas card... i was asked for my information name and address gave it they than proceeded to ask me for a credit card with visa master card etc logo i gave them a prepaid visa logo card. they check and asked me if i had any other card besides that i said no and was hung up on... i called back and asked what was the problem i have to pay 2 dollars for the shipment of my gift cards why cant i use my prepaid card it is a visa logo with my name i was told because it was not attached to a bank account. so i than told the rep well this sounds like a scam he got upset and threatened me that he would go into the card and take all the money in there if wanted. i than told him to go ahead that he would be sorry he did. he got very upset and went off on a tangent i than told first off i call u hang up on me than threaten me who should be upset. on top of that it does sound fishy i can use this card any where it is a visa card why does it need to be attached to my bank account. than he went on about not being a localcustomer due to the fact im using a prepaid card.. bottom line they need a bank account
Sep 01 2010
robert hacke roberthache39@yahoo.com.hk, Internet
I RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL: CONGRATULATION YOUR EMAIL HAVE WON 850,000.00 IN THE UK NATIONAL LOTTERY PROMO WITH Ticket no:56475600545 188 .CONTACT Mr.Robert Hache. roberthache39@yahoo.com.hk  Tell; +447031995956 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +447031995956      end_of_the_skype_highlighting for your prizeAND THAN THIS ONE: Dear Winner,Congratulations once again from all the staff here. Inorder to verify your winnings, we need yourparticulars for record purposes, Attached here is acopy of our verifications form, please fill accordingly so as to proceed with your winnings. Onceagain congratulations from all the staff.   VERIFICATION AND FUNDS RELEASE FORM1.FULL NAMES:__________________________________2.ADDRESS:_________________________________________________________________________________________3.SEX:_______________4.AGE:________5.MARITAL STATUS:___________________6.OCCUPATION:________________________7.E-MAIL ADDRESS:_____________________________8.TELEPHONE NUMBER:_____________________9.LOTTO NUMBER:____ {Winning number: 08.11.21.32.35.42. {47} }________ B. DRAW NUMBER:______________Draw (#1187)10.TICKET NUMBER:___________________11.SERIAL NUMBER:______________Serial no: 5368/02 12.BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF COMPANY/INDIVIDUAL___________13.AMOUNT WON:______________________________________________________________________________ 14. STATE:__________________________________15. COUNTRY________________________________ Upon receipt of the duly requested data, I will sendyou the contact information of the payment office so youcan proceed with effecting the release of your claimin anyway you deem fit.Warm Regards,Mr.Robert HacheTell+44 703 199 5956 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              703 199 5956      end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Showing 26-50 | Showing Page 2 of 643