SCORESENSE Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: scoresense

There may be more reports for "scoresense"

For more results perform a general search for "scoresense"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Nov 06 2012
ScoreSense , a credit report rip-off agency, Dallas, Texas
I signed up for ScoreSense.com after my husband signed up. We wanted credit monitoring and alerts, we weren't so much interested in their identity theft protection services, just the monitoring and alerts. For the first few months, we really enjoyed the service. We got in on a free trial basis and then agreed to the whopping $29.95 per month. It was a very hefty fee, but we had the cash to spare at the time so we allowed it. We were alerted when one of our credit cards was marked as overdue due to a flaw in the credit card company's mailing system and had we not known, we would still have that blemish on our report, but we were able to take care of it in a timely manner. We decided to keep it a little longer because of that handy feature.  When our finances tightened, however, and we found ourselves simply no longer using the service, we called to cancel. I was allowed to speak on my husband's behalf, which was convenient, but yet a little unnerving. My first clue that this service is bunk should have been when I read through the FAQ on the website. You can cancel your membership at any time by contacting our Customer Care department at 1-800-972-7204. There is no way to cancel by email, no link or button, nothing. You HAVE to call their Customer Care department. I chalked it up to security. Other credit report websites have similar rules. My first phone call with these people should have been my second clue that this service is bunk. I spoke to a very nice, friendly, Southern woman. I told her we needed to cancel and after about 30 minutes of trying to sell me on MORE services, she finally agreed to give my husband and I discounted rates. She offered me a rate of $9.95 because I had logged in more often than he did. He was offered a rate of $2.95, and only a very stripped down version of the service because he apparently didn't log in as much as I did. He wasn't able to get any of his credit scores and was only given the identity theft protection and alerts that a change had been made on his credit, but of course he couldn't receive details regarding that change.  A few short months later, we decided once and for all to actually cancel. I once again dialed the number, this time ready and armed for the sales pitch to begin. Sure enough, I got a hold of another friendly Southern woman who battled with me over the phone for 26 minutes about why I should keep the service. She fed me what I believe very much to be a false sales-driven story about how her identity was supposedly stolen and had it not been for this glorious service, she would have lost over $800,000. (Why are you answering phones for a fraudulent money-hungry Internet service if you had $800,000 to lose?) I very politely explained to her several times that we no longer wanted to pay for a service we just don't use. I also explained to her that I'd likely be returning once our finances allowed it because, admittedly, the alerts can be handy to have! When she finally stopped trying to sell the service to me, I requested, with confidence, a refund for one of the months since she could look at the logs and she flat out told me that she could tell I had not logged in for a long time. It was clear to her that I was not using the service. She said she was putting in a request for a refund for me for just one of the months, $9.95. It wasn't like I was asking her to refund every month that I had not used the service... that amount would be much higher than $9.95! I only asked for one month.  I received an email this morning, less than 24 hours after the request, that my refund was not approved. They are holding on to every dime with a death grip. I sent one email, informing them that they had permanently lost me as a customer and that I would make sure to leave reviews everywhere I go in hopes of saving someone else from having to deal with this insanity. If we customers want to cancel, we should be allowed to cancel. If we don't use the service, we should be entitled to a refund within reason. (One month out of many is definitely within reason, is it not?) I hope that someone else will read this and steer very clear of ScoreSense. Go with someone else... (((competitor's name redacted)))... anyone else, really. These people only want your money, every last little dime of it that they can squeeze out of you.sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company, ..plus, if you post a competitors name more than likely they will show up on search engines as a Rip-off! - - your comments on this policy are welcome. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. In this case we removed an alleged competitors name
Dec 07 2016
ScoreSense Ripped off $39.95 out of my debit card Texas
  on December 5th@ 22.40 hours scoresense.com charge my credit card $39.95 for a credit report I never used I've also heard about other people being ripped off by the same website.
Entity:
Jun 14 2016
scoresense How idenity theft is done through scoresence Internet
My information was taken while I was not home by a thief.  He got my debit cards and my mother's and husbands identity who are deceased.  He used Scoresense to get additional information on me to rip me off.  These kind of companies make it easy for a preditor to find out how they take your money and to establish credit on deceased peoples accounts. Thier level of security is not at all safe, because I filed a police report on the thieft and it didn't help.  They don't care as long as they can  bill someone for the fees.  I ended up having to pay over $80.00 on a bill I never knew of.  It took two payments before I could get it all corrected and put a stop on everything.  This company is very dangerous.
Entity: Internet
Apr 16 2012
ScoreSense ScoreSense are the very thieves they vow to protect you from Dallas, Texas
I called them to explain a $29.95 charge for a service I did not ask for.  It was an ad for a $1.00 combined credit report and score that I requested.  No email welcoming me to this service that was valid per them for 25 days. They resend this welcome email: We hope that you'll want to keep enjoying the benefits of membership when your trial membership to ScoreSense expires at 01:36 PM (CST) on 4/3/2012. If so, no further action is necessary on your part and we will bill the monthly membership fee to your credit or debit card. The charge on your statement will appear as OTL*ScoreSense.com. If you wish to cancel your membership, please call us before your trial membership expires and your card will not be charged. They have become the predators they promised to be protecting us from.
May 29 2012
ScoreSense ScoreSense, a product of One Technology LP The Company That Keeps on Taking! Dallas, Texas
A free trial offer to check my credit report with all three agencies has turned into a nightmare I cannot escape from. This company has been told several times that the service is not wanted and it is to be cancelled. Each time there is an attempt by the company to keep me enrolled, then a reluctant agreement that it will cancel the service and stop debiting my bank account. The next month another charge is made and the circle continues. Each time the company claims that some step for cancellation was not completed but now it will be taken care of. And they continue to debit my bank account. There has to be a way to make it stop. I'm paying $29.95 for nothing. They are not helping me or my credit score in any way. They are just ripping me off, month after month, while they laugh at me. I need help!
Oct 01 2012
ScoreSense Almost ripped off by Scoresense - you have to read the fine print people! Internet
I clicked on this Scoresense link for the alleged free 1.00 three bureau credit report.   I was reluctant to put in my CC number, I always am - but wanted the combined report so proceeded.  You have to READ the fine print - it's very clear that this is a 7 day trial period and you will be enrolled for credit monitoring for 29.99 per month if you do not cancel in time.  This is what it says in the email confirmation notice We hope that you'll want to keep enjoying the benefits of membership when your trial membership to ScoreSense expires at 12:56 PM (CST) on 10/8/2012. If so, no further action is necessary on your part and we will bill the monthly membership fee to your credit or debit card. The charge on your statement will appear as OTL*ScoreSense.com. If you wish to cancel your membership, please call us before your trial membership expires and your card will not be charged. I was not impressed with the report so I called to cancel within HOURS of the membership.  The person on the phone was nice enough, almost TOO nice and I just wanted to get the thing cancelled so I continue to be polite as possible - she started in on the high pressure sales so I would keep the service - offering her employee discount of only 9.99 per month... NO THANK YOU... the pressure continued... it got down to 2.95 per month for something - NO THANK YOU... please just cancel it... she was miffed... but cancelled it - I got the confirmation - I am hoping this does not show up on my credit card despite it all For those of you reporting that you didn't know you were going to be charged, it's because you dont read the information, you just read some of it and dont follow up on your emails.  These trial memberships are VERY common - so if you get ripped off it's because you were not paying attention.
Sep 06 2012
Scoresense Scoresense charges your credit card account with NO warning Internet
Signed up for a free credit report which I downloaded.  Little did I know that doing this signed me up for a $29.95/month service.  I looked at my credit card statement 4 days into the month and saw the charge. I immediately called scoresense to cancel the service and have the charge removed.  I was denied have the charge removed or even the unused portion of the charge removed.  Seems like companies with common sense integrity are getting hard to find.  DO NOT do business with a company like this that tries to take advantage of its customers.
Sep 01 2012
scoresense I'm a retiree in Indianapolis and got ripped off by scoresense while completing info for a job! Dallas, Texas
ScoreSense ripped me off for $29.95!  While completing application information for a job, they indicated that the company would be doing a credit check and I could get a Free printout; I needed to click on submit to complete the job application.  Then I checked my bank account to verify my debits, and there was the ScoreSense charge!  What a racket they have going; scam for the senior citizens . . . sign up!
Mar 05 2012
ScoreSense ScoreSense, a Product of One Technologies LP Beware! Cancellation process is an ordeal! Dallas, Texas
I fell into the trap of a loaded trial membership!  I checked the company through Google and found many complaints about this company. I decided to cancel. The cancellation process was an ordeal. You can only do it via phone. They make it it so difficult! They do not seem to answer phone calls. When they answer, you get drop calls. Once you give your reasons to cancel the trial membership, you have to bear a long sales pitch before you complete the process. A lot of wasted time. In my first attempt to cancel, I gave up after 35 minutes wait for somebody to pick up the phone. The second try took 42 minutes. A lady named Ash from Pennsylvania managed to drop the call. I tried again. After other wasted long minutes, this time, almost an hour, I finally got a nice lady (Brenda from Texas). I finally got my cancellation confirmation number on time. Beware!
Oct 30 2012
Scoresense Scoresense are building their wealth on our backs without our knowledge Internet
This company withdrew money from my account without my knowledge and my consent, I did not sign up for their services and they claim they got it all through one of the credit reporting companies when I was checking my FREE annual credit report.  When I called them they listed a long list of services they offer and thought it wasn't a  good idea to cancel, but I never asked for their services. This is like stealing from a person so you protect him.
Jan 22 2018
Scoresense Scoresense and checkfreescore Good info but no cancellation option???? other other
I paid a simple $1 fee to both companies for my trial on credit score. Yet neither give the option of the cancellation of my subscription! Tech support is useless and always unavailable . Screwing up my credit card, and won't turn my subscription off. Husband needs a lot of financial help and this is doing nothing but hurting us!
Entity: other, other
Feb 11 2018
ScoreSense oTL*ScoreSense Not refunding me my money they robbed me off since 8\31\2017 to present. Dallas Texas
I use them to check my husband and I's credit score 1 time of $1.00 both! using our savings account we don't often use just for emergency or times of need & i just got email from my bank letting me know my account is low. I went to go see what was happening an Score Sense has been charging me $29.95 from 8/31/2017 for my husnad and i. ): it's very sad.. I talked to them begging to please give us our money back because even we did check our credit through them 1 time for a $1.00 ): they started charging us both $29.95 each for 7 months! Sadly we didn't know because it was our savings. It's so depressing that they don't care. even when i tired explaining myself about never using there service just the 1 time to check our credits for that $1.00. Now they robbed me and my family $420.00. For them it was easy money. For me it hurts because i don't work. My husband is retired Veteran and we have 2 baby girls. I need my $420.00 back Score Sense please i know you have more money than i do. $420.00 that's all i am asking. Thank you
Aug 16 2011
Scoresense ScoreSense, a Product of One Technologies LP Scoresense charged 29.99 to my credit card without my permission! Internet, Washington Dallas,, Texas
I too am reporting  OTL*SCORESENSE for charging my Credit account $l.00 and then $29.95. I did not request any trial or yearly posting on my Credit Scores. This is a real scam. Please help us get our Money back. They claim I must be approved by the Main Headquarters for review. That will take up to three weeks. Get these guys. Thanks
Entity: Dallas,, Texas
64, Report #820148
Jan 09 2012
Scoresense They charged my credit card $29.95 for a service that I did not sign up for. Internet
Last month I received a charge for $29.95 on my credit card. I did not sign up for this monthly service. When I called to stop the monthly charge, I asked for the details on when I enrolled in the program.  The person at Scoresense was unable to provide this information. To her credit, she was quite agreeable to canceling the service.
Jan 04 2012
Scoresense I didnt even know they were charging my account until I got my monthly statement Internet
I just so happen to get my monthly statement because money was being missing off my card and notice that there were charges that I didnt authorize on my account.
Aug 15 2011
Scoresense SCORE SENSE MAKES NO SENSE! IT'S NOTHING BUT A SCAM AND A FRAUD. Dallas, Texas
I went online for free credit score through Scoresense.  They asked for a credit card number and applied a $1.00 processing fee.  The next month there was $29.95 charged to my account, even after I contacted them and cancelled the service immediately after receiving my credit scores.  I contacted them with my complaint and they tried to sell me more services (which I have no need for whatsoever).  They told me that Corporate would be contacting me within a few days because they were not authorized to issue refunds.  This is the biggest ripoff company!  They're website doesn't mention any fees and I did not given them authorization to charge anything from  my account.  Consumer beware!
Jan 25 2012
ScoreSense Charges your bank account for a FREE credit report trial... Internet, Internet
I signed up for a FREE credit report on scoresense.com, and was charged $1.00 to my bank account. There was no notification from the website that I was about to be charged. I never even got to see my credit report! It may only be a dollar, but it's still not free, and it's not fair that they don't let you know beforehand.
Jan 23 2012
ScoreSense They are refusing to issue a refund promised me back in December. Dallas, Texas
I thought I was getting to view my credit reports for $1. When I received my credit card bill the $1 charge was there along with a second charge of $29.95. I immediately called ScoreSense and asked what the charge was for. They said I signed up for their service. I was unaware of this and cancelled the account and asked for a refund. I was assured the account was being closed and a refund would show on my next statement. Upon receiving my next statement, I found that a refund was NOT issued. I again called and was told that the first agent didn't put one through and that they would notify me in 48 hours. i received an email from them in 48 hours telling me they weren't issuing the refund. I again called and was passed between two customer service reps. The second rep said she would put another request in and we asked that she state that we were told in December that a refund would be issued. We now have to wait another 48 hours for a response. Beware of this company.
Jan 19 2012
Scoresense this company is an absolute scam artist and rip off ,BEWARE, Internet, Internet
I reviewed this company on the website and it said it would give me a credit report for $1.00.  I filled out the information including my credit card number BUT NEVER HIT THE SEND BUTTON TO CONFIRM MY PURCHASE. I immedately then see a monthly charge of $29.99 and when I contact them, they refused to refund my money.  I suggest you contact your State's Better Business Bureau, file a small claims action against them, or notify the Attorney General's office in your state about this absolute fraud.  DO NO, AND I REPEAT, DO NOT give this company your credit card information.
Feb 12 2012
Scoresense hit my credit report with a 50 point deduction when i canceled my membership. Internet
To whom it may concern,     I  was signed up with scoresense for the trial period and i was going to cancel when they offered me they chance to get the services for 9.95 a month in which i accepted.I had the services for several months and was fine with it until i found a totally free website that basically the same thing for free(Now when i called the people to cancel i was on both web sites looking at my credit score which was at 719,718,and 703 according to their reports,and by the other website it gave me an overall score of a 719). as soon as i got off the phone i noticed my credit score fell to a 664 like someone ran a check against my report .......I DON'T KNOW MUCH...BUT THAT SEEMS WRONG TO ME......and it really hurt because i am just starting to get my credit straight.
Apr 02 2011
scoresense Credit Score Ripoff-Charged 29.95 Without Authorization-Fraud Dallas, Texas
Simular story to others. They say $1.00 for a Free Credit Report but then charge $29.95 after 7 days that they say is a free period. On the phone the girl said they would stop the charges and refund the money ($29.95).  Today I received this email reply:Dear Elijah,After careful review of your ScoreSense account, we have determined that we're unable to approve your request for a refund for the charge of $29.95 that occurred on 3/29/2011. Your request was denied because you requested the refund after your initial free trial period expired or because there is not enough information to substantiate a fraud claim.I wish there was a way to ban Scam Artists like ScoreSense from the Internet. Beware! Beware!
Aug 06 2012
Scoresense Took unauthorized, hidden fee directly out of my account. Internet
I have recently been a victim to Scoresense.com. This website gives you the option to view your credit report/history etc. The agreement is to pay a dollar that will be refunded. I used the website once to view my report/history. Not even one week later I noticed a fee of $29.95 was deducted from my account. I didn't recognize the source of the fee so I looked into it a little more. That is when I found that it was the website I had paid a supposid refundable dollar to. Low and behold, there is information about this website and it's scam. I will be contacting them the first chance I get during the business hours to cancel my membership. Unfortunately, I don't believe I will be getting my $30 bucks back which is unfortunate. I'm a hard working woman that struggles from check to check just to make it by. I look at $30 and think of a tank of gas. Lesson learned I guess.
May 30 2012
scoresense can never reach to cancel,continue to debt account monthly. Internet
first used in may tried to cancel before the 7 day period but was unable to reach company by phone or able to cancel on website.still having problem reaching anyone, a definite rip off.
Jul 20 2012
Scoresense Stole money from my account.Asked for $1.00 took $30.00. Will Not refund my money. Internet
I thought I was spending $1.00 for three reports.Only got one report. Then without my knowledge they took $30.00 out of my account. They will not refund my money. They are stealing money, this is a scam.
Oct 24 2012
ScoreSense TOTAL RIP OFF!! DO NOT USE THIS SITE, THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!!!, Internet
I logged on to get a quick credit score, entered my info for the one dollar charge and got charged $29.95 twice on my bank statement without my permission! I called them, and they denied my refund stating I didn't call within their time frame. Time frame? Really? I will never use this company again, I will tell everyone that will listen not to use them. This is how NOT to run a business. The CEO must be a complete idiot to allow these types of transactions. I hope they go out of business and I will do my best to help with that effort! Amazing what people will do to steal money, these people are thieves.

Approximately 544 Reports Found