SPECIALTY STORES Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: specialty stores

There may be more reports for "specialty stores"

For more results perform a general search for "specialty stores"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jan 05 2005
SMC Specialty Merchandise Corp SMC They won't clarify. Membership Chatsworth California
I was about to purchase a SMC membership, but before you could purchase you have to agree to the SMC Membership Standards on their website www.smcfraudalert.com. But it says that if you purchase a website from one of the proscribed merchants, they will cancel your membership immediately. I cant get any clarification on this from them. Has anyone experienced this problem? If this is true please help me save my $300.00 Edward san diego, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Chatsworth, California
Jun 29 2009
Specialty Merchandise Corporation SMC continues to rip people off Simi VAlley California
After being unemployed and disabled for the past three years I turned to SMC as a way of supplementing my disability, and keeping myself occupied.I had worked with SMC many years ago. At that time, SMC had only one level of membership and no internet marketing. I must admit, this worked well for me, I did make a bit of money and I was sold on the idea that SMC was the way to go. But now I have a whole new view of SMC. They are greedy, unethical and unreasonable. For example today SMC has 5 levels of membership. This was not told to me at the inception. The moment you sign up you are approched by sales reps trying to sell you the next level of membership. The first level of the internet marketing program is not even worth trying because you have less than 10% access to their inventory, while the retail price of these items are under $20.00. At the second level you are forced to purchase gift cards for free distribution to prospective clients. Initial purchases on your site has to be done with a gift card . This is a turn off for most clients. Why would someone who is willing and able to make a purchase have to obtain a gift card to do so? Even though it is a requrement for the initial purchase only, it is still an impedement. To circumvent this problem you have to upgrade by going to higher level - at a cost. Why should someone go through all these hoops just to purchase these inferior products. I do not see the need for them to do this. I hate MLM and I felt this would be the way around that, but I was wrong. Now I am stuck with a number of worthless gift cards and have lost over $1500, that I honestly couldn't afford. SMC had also charged my debit card without permission on one occassion. This forced me to change my card. and not do any business with them. Unhappy camper West Palm Beach, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Simi VAlley, California
Apr 27 2010
AsSeenOnTVWarehouse Imperfect Brownie Internet
My wife and I love brownies, but hate having to cut them into squares after they're baked. The Perfect Brownie - which is a baking device in which brownies are already made into squares while baking -was the apparent solution to our problem. So in February, we ordered it. We received an email later in February confirming shipment - but never received the item. After (6) emails to AsSeenOnTVWarehouse and (2)  telephone calls during which messages including our telephone number were left, no responses have been received. Our February statement fo rthe credit card we used shows a charge for this company. Yet over (2) months later, we're still making Imperfect Brownies.
Entity: , Internet
Apr 13 2004
MrSpecialty Merchandise Corporation emerchantclub smcorp website builder ripsoff new members Antioch California
I was pressured by Specialty Merchandise Corp's website builder eMerchantClub to go with a website I was not ready for mentaly or financially. Less than a month into the process I lost my real job and contacted eMerchantClub and told them I need to stop the process of my website due to a job loss. They were not sympethic at all and flat out told me no can do, even thought the completion of a website was at least 4 weeks away and I was informed on my contract if not happy within 30 days I could cancel. We have filed a complaint with my credit card carrier and I am telling anyone who will listen. I am collecting unemployment now and have no need for their expensive product. So I hope many people see this and beware of the eMerchantClub land sharks who only have your pocketbook interest at heart. Scott Antioch, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Antioch, California
Oct 16 2004
Specialty Gift Warehouse RIPOFF AND WONT REPLY Internet
I ordered two items from Specialty Gift Warehouse September 29th. I immediately paid for the items and was sent an email confirming my order, giving me an order number and stating my order would be received in 7-10 days or I would be notified if there was a delay. So far I have not received my order and although I have written Elizabeth Percel several times I get no response. I called the number listed in the email I received from Eliabeth Percel(718-384-9405)and got a message that the number is no longer in service. I then called another number listed on the website(718)-628-8296 and got a message that the number had been changed to 347-683-7119. The first time I dialed this last number a person (female) answered the phone. all she said was hello. I asked if this was Specialty Gift Warehouse and she said hold on. She never did come back to the phone. When I tried calling it again and again over the last couple of days I get a message that the number is not in service at this time. I am angry that I was ripped off and I will do all I can to see that my money is returned. I suggest no one buy from this website as she is a fraud!!!!!!!!! Debbie Silver Lake, WashingtonU.S.A.
Jan 12 2002
delana's specialty merchandise dsm ripoff videos Indianapolis, Indiana
I ordered two videos from DSM Videos, for 46 US dollars , i paid by personal check. They never sent them, I got my cancelled check, i emailed them and mailed them a number of times and got no response. I Curse them. Sandor passaic, nj
Entity: Indianapolis, Indiana
Jan 03 2003
STORES ON LINE rip-off OREM Utah
I bought the stores on line package two months ago and after many failed attempts at getting my store on line,i could not. I contacted the so called on line help 4 or 5 times to no avail. the last time i tryed to contact them they sent me an email stating i was on their spammers list. I don't know if it will do any good, but i wrote to them and demanded the return of my money.Surely this kind thing must be illegal. Thank You. BOB RAYTOWN, MissouriU.S.A.
Entity: OREM, Utah
8, Report #191671
May 15 2006
Palmercash.com, Justcatholic.com, Ojackson.com, Just Specialty Stores, Sawtoothministries.com Credit Card Fraud, non-delivery of merchandise, ripoff, no response Boise Idaho
I did quite a bit a online research into who owns PALMERCASH.COM and came up with quite a bit of info the letter below is what my lawyer emailed to the various addresses: To Ben ---, Oliver ---, John ---, Just Specialty Stores, justcatholic.com, sawtoothministries, palmercash.com et al.,
Entity: Boise, Idaho
Mar 23 2006
SPECIALTY MERCHANDISE CORPORATION - S M C ripoff Charge my Bank Account for merchandise I NEVER purchased! Simi Valley California
SMC charge $369.60 for merchandise we never purchased. We contacted them by phone, Fax and certified letters and they never answer to give us ANY explanation. I have Bank of America statement, police reports, and all the proofs that we were not the buyers of their c--p! (That is what they sell, anyway...). I am planing to report to the BBB. I already filed complaints with the Att. Gral in CA and WA. Elena bonney lake, WashingtonU.S.A.
Jun 27 2007
Specialty Merchandise Corp Aka SMC Corp unfair practices and false advertising Ripoff Simi Valley California
SMC has unfair practices and false advertising. When I signed up with SMC for the membership kit, I assumed that I could return the kit for a refund of $25.00 which would be the amount initially paid minus the shipping handling. I thought that was fair. So I got the kit. When I received it, I realized that it was not something I wanted to work with. So one day before the 30 days were up, I sent the box back, (their original box) to the address as instructed on the phone service. I insured it for $100 as instructed as well. To complete the cancellation, I now had to write a letter to the company along with the receipt for mailing the kit back to them. After a month I received a letter from SMC stating that they have no verification that the package was received. Now, in the meantime, they are deducting funds for a membership that I am not participating in and advised them timely that I wanted to cancel. So, I had to go the USPS and have them put a search on the package. They could not verify that it was received or signed for because I only insured it. I thought that would be enough. So, now I had to file a claim, but to file the claim I needed proof of the cost of the package. To my surprise, the value was only $49.99. So, now here's the catch. If the kit is only worth $49.99 and I have made four payments of 39.95 plus the initial 25.00, why can't they deduct the cost of their kit, refund the fees deducted and cancel my membership as I was trying to do from the beginning? SMC Corp is not an ethical company to do business with. They have dishonest practices. They make it difficult to cancel membership and find reasons to keep you in it when you try. They will give you the run around for your refund. My advice to anyone checking them out is: DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH SMC CORPORATION. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF. Rebecca Rochester, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Simi Valley, California
Jul 14 2008
SMC - SPECIALTY MERCHANDISE CORPORATION I WANT TO CANCEL - THEY WON'T LET ME - MIGHT BE STARTING A CLASS ACTION SUIT Simmi Valley California
Well I am fed up too! I wanted to cancel my smc and they will not accept my cancellation. They are still charging my account - I have not utilized my account in months - I have over 15 Gift Cards that I cannot even give a way!! My merchant website sits there dormant. These people are complete rip-offs and I am sure the big guy in California is out there driving around in a nice shiny caddy! I may have found a lawyer that can start a class action suit. He just contacted me last week and he is looking into it for me. If interested in getting this company contact me (((ROR REDACTED))). Maybe we can all band together and get enough people to shut this rip of scam down. Just put smc in the subject line so I do not erase it as spam and then I can forward you the email address of the lawyer who contacted me. Laurak Windsor, New YorkU.S.A. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: Simmi Valley, California
Jul 06 2008
Specialty Merchandise Company -or- SMC RIPOFF! Always requesting more $$$ MIS-REPRESENTED BUSINESS AND PRODUCTS!! Simi Valley California
I bought a membership several years ago - at a tune of a few hundred dollars. I sold a few things on Ebay but never sold enough to make my money back or more. Everyone out there is selling the SAME products!! One time I asked SMC to change my website information because I moved and changed my address and phone number. They wanted to charge me for that. I told them to forget it. I could see them charging if I made a habit of wanting to change my information all the time but just ONCE? After paying my membership to them they want me to pay an annual membership fee. I thought that's what I just purchased!!!??? A MEMBERSHIP!! Evidently they do this because they know once they've roped you in and conned you that they won't get much money out of you by selling their products since no body really wants their trinkets and junk and because everybody is selling the same stuff already. Not to mention their outrageous S/H costs. It is always double or triple the actual purchase amount. Anyway..............BEWARE of SMC and stay away from them. Anyone doing a class action suit? Seems like there should be one for MIS-representation of their company and their products!! Whistleblower Schertz, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Simi Valley, California
Nov 30 2003
Dottimart.com ripoff Savannah, Internet
After reading monica's posting, i had to reply. I also previously ordered a bag from dottimart and received it, but almost three months ago i ordered another bag and have yet to receive it from Jim Isley, aka Dottimart.com. Now when I call him, he hangs up on me. I have never given him a reason to hang up on me. one month ago I finally asked him for a refund and he said I would receive it in three days. I am still waiting. Dottimart (Jim Isley) does not answer e-mail and hangs up on me when I tell him who is calling. I want to warn everybody, be careful with Dottimart.com. Yes, you may receive the item, but there is a big chance you will not and your money will be lost. I feel completely duped by these people. Marisol downey, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Savannah,, Internet
Mar 29 2005
Ultrakicks ripoff Internet
I order a pair of Lebron James athletic shoes on January 26,2005 I have not received my shoes or my money refunded. I emailed them several times asking for information about my order. At first they made excuses,then they stopped responding all together. They still sell shoes on their web site. I wonder how many people they are RIPPING OFF Richard Columbus, OhioU.S.A.
May 11 2005
CTP Cigarettes ripoff Internet
I ordered $200 worth of product in December 2004. I never received it. Dan vancouver, WashingtonU.S.A.
Sep 07 2005
Recce Gear ripoff Internet
I'm writing from Italy, back in 1st december 2004 I placed an order on the internet with Recce Gear for a couple of military pouches. I paid him $100.00 with PayPal, but since then I have never received anything. I sent him several other e-mails, he only replied once (after months) saying that he had been busy and had problem with his e-mail, but assured me that he would have sent the pouches asap. But again NOTHING. I have not heard from him again (since 23 march 2005). after march I have sent anothe 5 emails but with no reply. Can you help at all??? thanks Maurice BariItaly
Feb 03 2005
Yesmoke.ch ripoff Internet
I also have been ordering from yesmoke.ch (com.) for three years and never had a problem. I don't really care what the reason is I didn't receive my order from 11/04/2004. If yesmoke.ch has legal issues either with Phillip Morris or A.T.F. then let their attorney's handle it. In the meantime I'm concerned about their guaranteed promise of a refund that they continue to ignore. The A.T.F. confiscated 150,000 cartons of cigarettes at JFK (mine included) as contraband, again their problem not mine. It's up to them to make good on their promise of a refund. In the meantime, I'd be interested in adding my name to a class action suit, not that I would expect to get my refund but at the least it would cost them millions to defend. I just don't understand how they could expect to restore the confidence of the American consumer by not making good on their promise. Anyone with any info. on a class action suit against yesmoke.ch please contact me. Thomas Tampa, Florida, FloridaU.S.A.
Feb 04 2005
Jevene Beauty ripoff! Tarzana California
My story is like others I've read here~ and I'm furious! I thought I was smarter than to fall for a scam such as Jevene's. I, too ordered the Free Sample for $5.95. Got it. Paid for it. And thought what junk- and I should have known better. Next thing I know, I've been charged $57.90 by this company. I NEVER ordered anything but the Free Sample. I called twice and left messages. I emailed 3 times, and got no response. Yesterday, I finally talked with a live person who assured me that I HAD in fact signed up as a member- and would be receiving this product every month. I was just blown away! They took the $$ from my Paypal acct. I've never rec'd anything but the sample. The charming little nitwit on the phone told me that it had been shipped on Jan. 31~ so I WOULD get it soon. I intend to refuse it. She told me I should have read the fine print!! I told her that she should be ashamed to work for thieves. Jane Portland, MaineU.S.A.
Entity: Tarzana, California
Mar 04 2005
Dreamgirls ripoff greed dishonest ignorant rude Internet
They charged twice for one order for $37.95 which I requested. On my bank statement, it shows two same charges from same company. Now I lose $75.90 for nothing. They never sent any shipment since I ordered on last week of January, 2005. I just got confirmation email from them. That is it. I sent two or three emails asking for reason why charged twice and shipment not received yet. Never get any response from them. Scott Hagerstown, MarylandU.S.A.
Jan 24 2005
Just4kicks.com ripoff Internet
my son,and I ordered shoes from just4kicks.com ... all we got was a confirmation call from (olando)from just4kicks.com!! never could get tracking numbers. i never could log back on just4kicks after they got our money. I THOUGHT THEY WERE A HONOREST COMPANY? ALL, I GoT when i call the cell number. is that the voice mail box is full. the cell number is (416-588-5451) Sammy enterprise, AlabamaU.S.A.
Jan 19 2005
CL Barnes ripoff! Manassas Virginia
I would like to add to the already angry and dis-satisfied CUSTOMERS. I moved to Manassas, and was shopping for a furniture store that I could build a relationship with, as I am starting over after my divorce and looking to aqurie ALL new furniture over the next couple of years.I visited CL Barnes at the Manassas Va location and I was fairly pleased with my initial service provided to me my a sales rep named Chrissy. I was looking to purchase on my initial purchase a Bed, 2 nightstands, dresser, mirror, chest of drawers, computer armoire, leather sleeper sofa, a multi-reclining sectional in micro-fiber, and a chaise, as well as few other odds and ends. I was looking to spend between 10,000-15,000 on my initial purchase. I has already found the make and model of most all the furniture and it was now about avaliability, and price, and SERVICE. I decided to purchse my entire bedroom suit off the internet with a company called North Carolina buy direct furniture, what a great outfit.... I highly recomend them and my salesperson was named Lance. He called me every week with the status of my order, and advised me through out the entire process. I chose them as they best the price on the bedroom furniture by almost 50% over CL Barnes. I decided to purchase the chaise, and sectional, and a coffee table from CL Barnes. I wnated to view the material of the sectional as the Manassas location nor anyother location had the samples for the model sectional I was looking at. My salesperson Chrissy said she would call the factory rep, and order the sample for me. I waited about 6 weeks, and called a couple of times and NOTHING. I finally went to the room store and asked them for a color sample as they also carried LANE and they did not have the samples either, and said that they would order it. I then went to the CL Barnes store in Manassas and spoke with a manager Lynn and she was going to also follow up with the factry for the samples. WOW, I got a call back form the Room Store in just under a week, with samples in hand, and after all that time waiting on Barnes, they called me a couple of days later with the samples, I went to the store in Manassas and ordered it, and I addionally bought a chaise, and a coffee table. This is where my fustrations start. I am now already unhappy as I feel mislead, LIED too, over the whole sample ordeal. I am willing to swallow it, and move forward with my decision. We were told there would be some time between ordering, and delivery, FINE, I understand and I am ok with that. I got a phone call on a wednesday from the whse and they said to me that they would be delivering the chaise on friday and gave me a 4 hour window or so, ok. I take the day off work, and I am waiting all day, NOTHING.. I call the whse and they said it was not out for delivery, I called the store and again spoke with Lynn, I thought crissy was the problem, but now I know its the whole company it seems like, anyway Lynn advise she does not know and she would call, and have it deliverd saturday, apoligized, and said she would call the delivery center, and call us back on friday, saturday AM at the latest. SURPRISE, no call, I called Lynn around 11am on saturday, and Chrissy answered and I told her what had happened, she advise me that the delivery people called Lynn thursday night and told her that they could not deliver because the products were unpaid. I made the requested down payment and took advantage of the financing program that CL barnes offered, it was approved and I am assuming that Lynn never made any attemp thursday to correct the problem to ensure my friday scheduled delivery, I felt again mislead and lied too now by the store manager. The deliver people were off saturday, sunday, monday. Lynn called tuesday to advise she had fixed the mistake and the chaise would be delivered on Wednesday. And I was told by Lynn that I was the very first delivery wednesday morning, and that I could expect an early AM delivery around 8/9am, they showed up at 1130 and I was about 2nd to the LAST stop, again LIE. The 2 delivery people were fantastic, and were very nice, and professional. They delivered the chaise, and the coffee table. No damage, no problems... I called Lynn to try to resolve my inconvience on that friday that i took off work for nothing, and again on wednesday to take/accept the delivery. I was offered a discount on an accessory, I asked for more, and was told NO. I asked for her manager, who does she report to, and I was given information for a Steve Amberger, the acting VP of CL BARNES, I have left now about 15 msgs for him with no reply from him or the main office at all, not very good customer care. I was called about a week later and told that my sectional would be delivered on 1/18/05 between 2 and 4 pm, I arranged to again take off work to take delivery of my furniture, and at about 12 I got a call that the delivery guys were having truck problems and would be late, I was told between 7/9pm, and was told that they would call me at stop 7 and that I was stop 9 so that I could make sure I was home to accept delivery. I am already on my way home and was already angry as it seems every step of this whole transaction has been an abortion. I was leaving my house around 545pm to get some dinner, and I had not heard from the delivery guys yet, and just as I pull out of my driveway they pull up. I complained about the lack of a phone call to let me know they were coming, and they just did not seem to care. They then were floundering through the truck in the dark to find all 3 pieces to my delivery, and were banging them around, and handling them very rough. The first piece they brought in was a dual recliner love seat with a console in the middle and well, they took almost 15 minutes to get this piece 20yards, my house is on level ground, a direct shot from the truck, flat asphalt, normal front door, fairly hight ceiling on the ground level, and then once in maybe 15' straight down a marble hall into the room that the couch was to go in. They fought for 10min pushing and pulling and struggling at the front door, and I could hear the frame of the furniture cracking as they were forcing it, they finally got it in , and dragged it upright on the arm of the couch to the floor, all the way to where it went. then the next piece a dual recling sofa they decided to take through my garage, and then make a hard turn into the same hallway to the den, again struggling and forcing it to the point it even damaged my door frame, took wood off my door frame.. I was already boiling and called Barnes, they advised me to accept it, and not it with the driver, and that Barnes would dispath a technician, but more than likely it would be replaced. The third piece was a matching wedge, and again 2 big guys fought this thing to get it in. My new sectional is very badly damaged as well as substantial damage to my house. On the dual recling love seat, the frame is broken, and chips and pieces of it were all over my floor, and there is a rip in the microfiber, from dragging it on the floor, the wedge has some microfiber damage as well as it wobbles, I heard itcrack from upstairs when they were bringing it in, the long dual recling sofa, also has severe microfiber damage and seems to be very flimsey, I am ssun=ming that the fram on that one was tweaked in the forcing of it through the door frame. I have a chunk of hardwood missing out of the floor in the den, the doorframe from the garage to the house damaged, and the transition cap from the foyer to the den, a piece of wood between the marble, and th ehardwood destroyed. My front storm door now does not latch, I am assuming the whole door frame was tweaked while forcing the sofa through it. I am really NOT very happy, or satisfied now. I will continue to add to this as I have now called the delivery/wharehouse for Barnes, and was advised that a technician would be contacting me in the net few days to come and inspect the damage and advise of replacement, or repair. I was told to collect and forward estimates for the damage to my house and it would be CONSIDERED, so it looks like I have a long uphill battle on my hands, and I have already been inconvienced enough, I am looking at now 2/3 days of work already missed, the cost of the couch, the cost of reapirs to my house, the time I will need to take off work for the tech to inspect, and then again for the repair or re-delivery, the time off to meet a repairman for the damages to my house and then again for the repair, by the time this is all said and done, if it is ever, i will have almost a week or more time missed from work over a sofa... I honestly feel that Barnes owes me more than a verbal apology and they owe for time, in-convience, loss of product, and some good ol-fasioned CUSTOMER SERVICE. I hope that they read this and call me or I will seek satisfaction from other sources up to but not limited to law-suit. Oh and by the way the furniture from North Carolina, I was told 3 months, and it was 3 months, and I was told a date and a 4 hour window, and BAM they were here, the furnitur in perfect condition, and very professional movers, delivery people. They took furniture larger than the furniture from Barnes, through the same door, but then up 3 fligts of windy stairs to the top level of the town house to the master bedroom, no damage to the house, or furniture, NONE... Cary Chantilly, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: Manassas, Virginia
Jun 06 2005
Retrofeet.com ripoff Lauder Hill Florida
order shoes for me and my husband on may 9th gave credit card number was charged for shoes today is june 6 2005 still have not recieve shoe payed 160.00 dollars. these guys or girls should be put out of business this does not make any sense some one should investagate them. they are abig rip off!!! Brenda hammond, IndianaU.S.A.
Entity: Lauder Hill, Florida
Oct 29 2005
smokemenow.com ripoff TUCSON Arizona online
orderd cigarettes on line. 250.00 no smokes web site gone PAUL TUCSON, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: TUCSON, Arizona
Oct 25 2005
Doxy Lingerie ripoff Kalamazoo Michigan
I am writing because I feel that doing business with Doxy Lingerie, just causes headaches. I placed my order on September 30th, and according the the websites shipping policy: most non-stock items are shipped with in 7-14 business days. It has now been 26 days and I have yet to see my ordered item. I have also sent numberous emails, and have yet to receive a response and according to doxy lingerie website: We will answer your inquiry within 12 hours I offer this advice to anyone wanting to shop and doxy lingerie save yourself a headache shop somewhere else! anywhere else!!! Angry Customer omaha, NebraskaU.S.A.
Entity: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Aug 28 2003
Members Access fraud Internet
i subscribed to a service did not get what i payed for and they refused to give me a refund David huntsville, AlabamaU.S.A.

Showing 1-25 | Showing Page 1 of 1,873