SPECIALTY STORES Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: specialty stores

There may be more reports for "specialty stores"

For more results perform a general search for "specialty stores"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Sep 15 2004
ShowMeDaKicks.com rip-off! Fraudulent and dishonest! Internet
I just received a pair of Size 8 Air Force One sneakers that I paid $85 for plus $15 for shipping from ShowMeDaKicks.com. They are too big on someone who takes a Size 10. Never once when I was ordering did I read that these were not authentic shoes - they're knock-offs (they're all man-made materials) and the site never directed me to the information page when I was ordering. This is information one sees only when one goes to the Shipping and Returns page. That page also says that they don't give refunds. The shoes were mailed from China. They've got a good scam going there. I don't think I have any recourse but I emailed my complaint to them anyway. Let's see if they respond. Lee Cambridge, MassachusettsU.S.A.
May 02 2004
BEST BUY ripoff WATERFORD Connecticut
PURCHASED TITANIUM REFRIGERATOR 3/22/04 AT BEST BUY IN WATERFORD. CONN. THEY MADE ME PAY UPFRONT FOR THE WHOLE THING ($1400+) AND INFORMED ME IT WOULD BE DELIVERED 4/12. THEY WERE A NO SHOW AND I WAS INFORMED THAT I HAD BEEN WIPED OUT OF THE COMPUTER AND THEY WOULD RESCHEDULE ME FOR 4/23. BOTH THESE DELIVERY DAYS I HAD TO CHANGED DAYS OFF AT WORK. THEY CALLED ME 4/22 TO TELL ME THEY WOULD BE DELIVERING MY REFRIGERATOR BETWEEN 9:30 AND 11:30 THE NEXT AM. AGAIN I GOT UP EARLY AND CLEANED OUT MY OLD FRIDGE. THEY CALL ME AT 9AM TO TELL ME THEY NO LONGER HAD MY REFRIG. IN STOCK AND THEY DIDNT MAKE THEM ANYMORE! I ASKED FOR MY MONEY BACK AND AM WAITING FOR THE CHECK TO COME FROM THE COORPORATE OFFICES. VERY SCARY. I NEED A REFRIGERATOR! OH, BY THE WAY BEST BUY IS STILL ADVERTISING THE TITANIUM REFRIG. IN THEIR FLYERS! HORRIBLE SERVICE! Diana WATERFORD, ConnecticutU.S.A.
Entity: WATERFORD, Connecticut
Oct 27 2003
BuyCostumes.com Poor quality costumes Waukesha Wisconsin
On September 29th, 2003 I purchased two costumes from Buycostumes.com Total charges were $56.97. I was out of town when the costumes arrived, so I'm not sure of the date they arrived, but upon opening them I could see the poor quality immediatly. My friend put the head portion of the nun habit on right away. The elastic broke. When she tried on the gown protion, a seam split and the material was so thin I could see right through it. As I opened my costume, the priest, I was very disapointed, it's not at all what I was expecting. I went ahead and tried it on, being carefull not to streatch the seams for fear they would split too. It was so snug, and I'm a small female (size 8), I packed it right back up. The next day I called them to ask what to do. I was told it was past the 2 week return policy. I asked the supervisors name and was told I could e-mail him at Jim@buyseason.com. I wrote him on Oct. 21st, Oct. 23rd and Oct. 27th explaining the poor quality and asking how to go about returning it for a refund. On the last e-mail I gave him an opportunity to get with me on the morning of Oct. 28th. That is the day I woud be sending my costume back per my credit card company and once in the mail I would be contacting them to dispute the charge on that item. My friend kept hers because she was desperate for a costume by Halloween. As it stands now, the only part she will be wearing is the coller and the head piece. The gown is to fragile and to shear. I think we should hold these internet companies to some level of fair policy standard. Once they have our money it's too easy for them not to refund it. I would be fine with paying the cost of the one (sub-standard as it is) costume and the shipping but not the costume I am returning. I hope this does not happen to you. Lori St. Louis, MissouriU.S.A.
Entity: Waukesha, Wisconsin
Nov 11 2004
Tracfone ripoff Miami, Florida nationwide
In August of 2004, I ordered a Tracfone. The phone arrived at my address defective, and I was instructed to send the telephone to the warehouse in Miami for repair. I did this, and it is now going on 4 months, still no Tracfone. Seems they send my phone (or the phone tacked to my case number) to some one else, the same person mind you, three times in a row...have no idea where the fellow's name came from...certainly was not mine. I have spoken to countless tracfone employees, supervisors, to no avail. Cannot understand why it is so hard to send a telephone back to the person that send it for repair...especially after 3 different supervisors promised they had all my information correct and now DHL would deliver it to the right person. I spoke to DHL and they blamed the warehouse for wrong labelling. Amazing how tracfone can stay in business with such poor communication skills. Nader tuttle, OklahomaU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Nov 12 2004
Areasmoke DISHONEST St. Petersburg RUSSIA
This company told me shipping would take 8-10 days and in some cases up to 1 month. Well, it's been about 21/2 months I moved to a new apartmen and got something in the mail... THEY ARRIVED! thanks for the stale cigarettes and i haven't recieved them yet because they were sent back to sender. Mike Prospect Heights, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: St. Petersburg, Other
Jun 17 2002
Thinktek ripoff deception Parsippany New Jersey
i order the tweety and slvester clock december 2000and i am still waiting for it and when i call the company all i get is a answering machine if i cant get the clock i would like my money back patricia ransomville, New York
Entity: Parsippany, New Jersey
Jul 31 2000
*****BEWARE OF HARLEM FURNITURE*****
COMPLAINT LETTER TO HARLEM FURNITURE AS FOLLOWS: To Whom It May Concern: I purchased a bedroom set from your company less than one year ago. I have never been so disappointed with the craftsmanship that has gone into this furniture I have spent my hard earned money on. I work hard for my money, and I wouldn't encourage anyone to ever purchase furniture from your store. When I pay over $1300 for a bedroom set, I would expect it to last me for the next 15 years or more. This poorly made set hasn't lasted us but a year. The dresser drawers are not aligned, the panels on the sides of end tables are falling apart, screws are popping out from all over, the fake pressed wood has collapsed more than once and in more than one spot. Harlem Furniture claims that my bedroom set consists of solid pine. Only two months after my purchase, the bedframe collapsed on my husband and I. Come to find that the bedframe DOES NOT consist of solid pine, but is instead made up of pressed wood, less than an inch and a half thick. This is false advertisement. We repaired the bedframe ourselves due to the extremely poor customer service that was received on my end. I was not told or encouraged to purchase a warranty on my bedroom set to begin with. I'd appreciate it if management would get back to me as soon as possible. My personal opinion, you shouldn't even be in business. That was my first purchase and my ONLY purchase. Unless someone responds to this message, every chance I get I will make sure to spread the word on how awful your furniture is. Sincerely Regretful, Jennifer M. Benedict
Entity: Chicago, Illinois
Feb 13 2002
BRANDNAMECIGS.COM IS A RIP-OFF
I placed an order with this site on 12/15/01. The site explained that shipping could take up to 4 weeks. I checked back 2 weeks later and found that the site showed my order had shipped on 12/19/01. I waited and waited, by 1/15/01 still no order received. I emailed customer service and a representative emailed me back and asked me to wait until 1/23/01 to see if the order arrived, if not that they could send a replacement order by express mail or refund my money. On 1/23/01 I emailed the representative again to let them know I had not received the order and to refund my money. No response!! It is now 2/13/02. I have emailed 3 more times with NO RESPONSE, NO REFUND, NO ORDER RECEIVED!!!!!!! A complete RIP-OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Allison Sumter, South Carolina
Entity: Nationwide
Nov 21 2001

I have ordered from J.D.Marvel Products Inc.their Super Mini Ear. Local newpaper advertisement; Parade section of the Star Ledger. They deposited my check for $15.75 on September 20, 2001. I have not received the product. I have written them three times and they had the nerve to send me only their catalog. I tried to get a phone number, but their company is not listed in Champlain, NY. Obviuosly this company is fraudulent and should be investigated. Certainly mail fraud is obvious. Buyer beware of J.D. Marvel Products Inc. Champlain, NY.
Entity: Champlain, New York
Nov 24 2001
PEAKHEALTH.NET RIPOFF GOT ME TOO! STAY AWAY!
I ordered from Peakhealth.net early this year. My credit card was charged, and I never recieved shipment. I was told it's on back order. I asked for a refund around March, and I have been getting the run around ever since. I have received zero assistance after filing complaints with the BBB and New Jersey's Consumer Affairs office!!!!! In my opinion, Randy Pedersen (Pederson?) and his son Jason (the apparent owners) are running a fraudulent business. I am now having trouble from my credit card provider with getting a refund - because too much time has passed since the order. I guess good con-men know how long to string you along before disconnecting their phone numbers! Although I just saw a similar complaint on rippoffreport.com's web-site, I feel my only recourse at this point is too file mine too! I don't want these guys to have the opportunity to rip anyone else off. I hope that Randy and Jason Pedersen will soon be brought to justice!!!
Entity: New Jersey
Mar 28 2000
Wedding Dress Mess
I bought a wedding dress from Bride's Mart last year. When I got fitted for the dress, I was told at that time that when the dress cane in if any alterations were needed, they would do them at no charge. When the dress came in, they would not give me the dress until the money was paid in full. Once I was given the dress I asked to try it on while I was still in the store. They said there was no need because the dress was non-refundable and I could not get alterations from them, but that they could refer me out somewhere. I did not know what to do, so I took my dress and left. I called within a week and spoke with the manager who told me there was nothing she could do. I wear a size 22, the dress is a size 24. I gave the dress to my girlfriend who is an 18, and it was a perfect fit. There was nothing I could do with the dress besides give it away because with the way the dress was made with the empire waistline and pearled bodice, alterations would destroy the intended look of the dress. When I got the dress in September, with my wedding scheduled in October, I didn't have time to get another dress. So, I had to postpone my wedding. Bride's Mart in Dallas, Texas at the corner of I-635 (LBJ Freeway) and Preston Road, across from Valley View Mall, in the shopping center with Terry Costa, is definitely a rip-off.
Entity: Dallas, Texas
Aug 11 2000
Ace Wigs, Camino, Ca - wigs
Ace Wigs pictures are deceiving, mid length wigs may be short. I bought a mid-length but it was short. The description was misleading. They would not return my money. They say it is illegal to refund money per the health code. The health code doesn't care about your money. When I returned the wig for another one, the US mail crushed the box, the wig however is still in excellent condition, tags in tack, and all packing still in tack. They returned the wig to me. They have my money to spend, I have a wig I can't wear. I have dealt with wig companies for 20 years and have never had a problem with returns, exchanges or the like. I have even had them return my money if I wasn't satisfied. If you are looking for a wig company that will treat you right e-mail me and I will give you their name. Ace Wigs is the worst company I have ever dealt with on the internet, and I have dealt with several, not just in wig buying. I returned a wig(wrong color) to the other company the same day and the same way I did to Ace Wigs. The other company sent me the right color no questions asked. It appears to me one company wants to dealt with their customers honestly, the other one doesn't
Entity: Camino, California
Oct 25 2006
DOXYLINGERIE.COM INTERNET FRAUD!!
WHAT A RIP OFF! >I apologize for the inconvenience. The manufacturer of the Playboy line of costumes had issues getting their items from overseas, which has delayed anyone who sells the Playboy costumes in getting their orders. Our order >wasn't going to ship until today, for delivery tomorrow, which would have been too late. I will be more than happy to issue you an immediate refund. Please foward your credit card #, as Yahoo only stores that information for 30 days, and I will refund your credit card and email you a copy of the receipt. Customer Support THEY WANTED MY INFORMATION AGAIN! AND SINCE WHEN PLAYBOY COSTUMES WAREHOUSE OVERSEAS??? Angeli Cedarhurst, New YorkU.S.A.
Nov 20 2009
Sciencelab.com AVOID ScienceLab.com Houston, Texas
Placed an order with ScienceLab.com in early June, 2009.  A few weeks later, when hadn't received product, was told it was backordered.  It is now late Nov 09.  Generally can't reach a real person at the company.  Have left innumerable voicemail messages/sent many emails.  Never received item, refund or any response whatsoever.  Avoid this company!!!
Entity: Houston, Texas
40, Report #420833
Feb 05 2009
Bestbuyproducts.com bulk candy seller Anaheim California
I ordered several hundred dollars worth of candy from this company. On arrival, I found the order lacking in all the products paid for. I have emailed 5 times and received no response. I have called 3 time and only get a recorder message to leave a return number.I tried to enter my account and found it removed from their system. I email them about this and got no response. Alexj Tow, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Anaheim, California
Oct 26 2008
Premuimknives.com THE WORST EVER! Omaha Nebraska
I ordered a 200.00 knife from this company over a month ago. I have sent them at least 20 e-mails and called countless times. NO ONE answers the phone or returns call or e-mails. They have taken my money and i can't even find a live person to speak to.. This company is a joke. I am sending Mr. Arnold a personal letter to let him know about my experience. I have never had such a horrible time with a company. Babs round rock, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Omaha, Nebraska
Nov 02 2008
Dimoutshoes.com TOOK 6+ WEEKS TO DELIVER!! Florida Internet
PATHETIC online shoe seller dimout shoes also known as dim-out shoes, dimout.com, www.DimOut.com, www.DimOutShoes.com, and dim-out.com lists shipping dates as 2-3 days... IT TOOK OVER 6 WEEKS to receive my $700 order of a dozen shoes!!!!I sent NUMEROUS emails which they would not reply to. I called day and night and all I got was a scratchy answering machine!! They would ONLY answer their phone in the morning, acted like nothing was wrong, and told me the shoes were on their way.... week.... after week.... after week.... Kim Rawley kept telling me she would find out where my order was and get right back to me with a phone call or email - never did. I'd call back two days later. She'd promise she'll have me a tracking number by that afternoon - never did. THESE PEOPLE ARE PATHETIC!!!! DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!!! Robert ashland, OregonU.S.A.
Oct 02 2008
Froggifts.com , NO RESPONSE, NO PRODUCT! Brooksville Florida
Unfortunately, I did not see the other complaints about this company until now. I placed an order on Sept. 16th and never heard a word back from them. After several attempts by phone and email requesting status of order, I have cancelled my order by email and they better not charge my account! I just wanted to get a cute frog picture frame for my daughter's best friend's birthday. Guess I will be shopping for something else now. Very frustrated that I wasted my time waiting and waiting, hoping to receive something! Someone should SHUT the website down!!!! Trista Clearwater, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Brooksville, Florida
Jun 19 2009
Bestretroshoes.com RIPPED ME OFF Shanghai Internet
ON JUNE 9,2009 I PLACED AN ORDER TO BESTRETROSHOES.COM AND THE ORDER WAS FOR THE NIKE AIR FORCE ONES {25th LIGHTS} AND IT TOOK ABOUT A WEEK TO GET THEM.. BUT MY SON WAS GOING TO WEAR THE SHOES AND HE PUT THEM ON AN ONE OF THE SHOES LIGHTS DID NOT WORK ... SO I HAVE E~MAILED THEM TWICE ONCE THURSDAY & AGAIN TODAY {friday} {6/18 & 6/19} AN I HAVE NOT HAD ANY RESPONCE BACK FROM THEM ... I REALLY SHOULD HAVE LISTEND TO U ABOUT THIS SO CALLED COMPANY {THE RIP OFFS} THAT SHOULD BE THE NEW NAME OF THIS COMPANY !!! BUT ANY WAYS I AM TRYING TO GET BACK ON THIS COMPANYS WEB SITE AN THEY HAVE BLOCKED ME FROM IT ... THANK GOODNESS I SAVED ALL MY E~MAILS ... BUT PLEASE PEOPLE THIS COMPANY REALLY HAS A BAD REPUTATION ABOUT RIPPING PEOPLE OFF !!!! I WILL NEVER BY ANOTHER PAIR OF SHOES FROM THEM AGAIN ... HELL ALL I WANTED WAS JUST ANOTHER SHOE THAT WORKS !!! ANY WAYS I THINK THEIR SHOES ARE FAKE !!! BUT CHALK ONE UP FOR THE COMPANY WHO KEEPS RIPPING PEOPLE OFF ... THEY GOT ANOTHER PERSONS MONEY AGAIN ..... Leah BAYTOWN, TexasCanada
Entity: Shanghai, Internet
Aug 05 2009
Poolian.com Deceptive Sales Practices Sarasota Florida
Did not deliver as promised on weebsite - stated same day shipment if ordered by noon. I ordered at 10am on MON, with 2nd day air option. Product was not shipped until WED, only after my inquiry as to why I had not received. Product delivered on FRI. Bjoso Atlanta, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Sarasota, Florida
Jan 07 2009
Walmart BEWARE!!! Noblesville Indiana
Well Everything begins on 12-26-08. I took my car in my local Walmart. I thought nothing of it because I have taken my car in the past there and everything as been fine. Most of the time I would take it to the dealership. My car is a 2004 Chevy Cavalier, pretty standard little car, that day they were especially busy. The guy told me that to pull it up behind one of these other cars right by the garage. Thought nothing of that. So I proceeded to go in the store and use my gift card. Since it was the day after Christmas. I shopped came back and the guy told me that it was ready. I was suprised it was ready so quickly. I thought it was odd and I thought it was really strange that the cashier could not find my ticket. The man who took my info told the cashier it is, like he hide it or something weird. I paid left and just put it behind me. One week goes by and on 1-05-09 My car starting making horriable ticking sound more like a lawnmower sound. I had my dad look at it and he said when was the last time you had an oil change. I said last week. He said that there is no oil in the car barely to register. I ran in the house called the walmart and Karen the manager said that she will have Rick the service manager come to my house and see what the problem is. Rick came while I was at work. My dad talked to Rick and he looked at it, and even admitted that they made a mistake and they did not put a valve back and he gave me a free oil change. Whatever buddy!!! Your guy did not do his job. What kind of education do these people even have. The first thing a mechanic learns is an oil change. Come on now. So Rick left me a voicemail on 1-06-09 and said the car is good to go and everything is fine. He told my dad that, to. So on 1-07-09 today I got in the car and it still is making that sound- Walmart Karen and Rick seem to think it is my oil pump- no it is not because my car is two new to have that kind of problem. They also said it is a leak,if I had a leak it would be leaking it is not. Karen today acted cold and not helpful. Yesterday and Monday she was helpful or atleast, was trying to be. She told me today to file a claim with store manager tomorrow. I also called corporate left message with district manager and another voicemail with another contact in corporate to file a claim. I am so upset right now!!! I will never take my car there ever again!!! I REPEAT THE PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE HAVE AN EDUCATION LEVEL OF 6TH GRADE!! I AM SORRY IT IS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!! I called my delearship were I bought the car from, left a voicemail with the service manager there and will be taking it there to see what the heck they did to my car. They are paying for this!!! I will make sure of that!! I just want them to pay for the damages. If my car is shot- I am suing them!! I am not sue happy but this is my car!! My life was in danger driving my car for the a week like that!! If anyone as experienced similar situation please email me at tropp81@yahoo.com. I will keep people informed of what happens.. in the next couple days!! STAY AWAY FROM WALMART THEY ARE COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY THE MOST RUDEST AND UNHELPFUL JERKS!!! Julie Fishers, IndianaU.S.A.
Entity: Noblesville, Indiana
Dec 29 2008
ACEWIGS.COM WILL RIP YOU OFF - GUARANTEED! Internet
I ordered 2 wigs from ACEWIGS.COM, they sent one. It has been over two months since I ordered and the second wig was put on backorder (I paid 2 months prior). I called for a refund and was promised a refund immediately. HA HA HA big joke! I was not given a refund, but was shipped something other than what I ordered, when I called to complain, they hung up on me. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT ORDER FROM ACE WIGS THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF! Donna tulsa, OklahomaU.S.A.
Mar 03 2009
Brookstone Unresponsive Junk Vendor Oviedo Florida
At Christmas time, I purchased a significant amount of stuff from my local Brookstone store. One item was located NEAR other items that were marked as Discontinued - Sales Final. The labels were clearly marked; defining the item, the discounted price, etc. I attempted to return this item. I was told that it was not returnable because it was a discontinued item and all sales were final. I advised that this particular item was NOT marked as a discontinued product. The manager argued with me while another sales associate listened in and proceeded to collect a sign/label from the shelf. She brought it back, whispered to the manager, and the manager presented it to me. I pointed out that this label was NOT for the item I was attempting to return. The sales associate said my item was discontinued, too. I again, pointed out that the labels define specific items and this was not labeled as such. The associate replied oh, well we took that label down earlier today. I asked to see the label. I was advised it had been disposed of. I argued that there was no label for this item. The manager basically said too bad. I asked for the corporate headquarters number. I proceeded to call them and followed the verbal prompts to reach the person with whom I would file a complaint. The voicemail was that of the assistant to a VP of customer service. I was advised to leave a detailed message about my problem and a phone number where I could be reached. They've never returned my call. In addition, the one item I bought from the discontinued rack was a digital photo frame. It doesn't work. I cannot save any of the settings once I make changes and it will not read the photo files. Of course, if they won't accept a return on the item that wasn't actually on clearance...I'm sure they won't accept this. After doing some reading online, it appears many people have experienced similar issues and Brookstone has not made good on their purchases either. A plug in the accessory kit I bought for my son's iPod doesn't work either. Overpriced junk, apparently. Altogether, I'm out about $100. While the product quality alone gives me reason enough to not go back, I certainly wouldn't consider shopping at a place that has such little respect for its customers. I'm infuriated that I can't even get a return call! Slb421 Winter Springs, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Oviedo, Florida
Jan 15 2009
Shoe-trees.co.uk Products fell apart Internet
This is a website that sells shoe trees.The problem is the trees are poor quality and they fall apart. The rip-off comes when you call and ask for a replacement or your money back.The owner says there is no guarantee and she doesnt care if the products fall apart. Beware. Adam londonEurope
Jan 23 2009
Shop.mlb.com Fraud Internet
Don't waste your time with this website they are over priced and unreliable. Customer service reps are idiots. They have not heard of customer service. I ordered 2 baseball jerseys 11/28/08. These were for Christmas presents. Customer service gave me the run around for 2 months. They send an e-mail canceling my order on 1/23/09. They are still selling the jerseys on their website! Are they selling them with not intention of delivery? The customer service reps have absolutely no knowledge all they say is I don't know. Very frustrating experience! By the way there is no one running the asylum at shopmlb.com. No one has any authority, no management. Lousy experience! Doc4492 deptford, New JerseyU.S.A.

Showing 26-50 | Showing Page 2 of 1,872