T MOBILE Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: t mobile

There may be more reports for "t mobile"

For more results perform a general search for "t mobile"

Showing 51-75 of 24,115 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "t mobile"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

May 10 2005
T-Mobile ripoff Atlanta Georgia
Cell phone broken. Still under warranty. Will not replace. Executive Customer Service offered to close my Accounts, no fees Per, Art However, I am still waiting for fax to confirm. I am being charged for phone service, not able to recieve. Would like Company to honor their agreement. Thank you. Michele Michele Atlanta, GeorgiaU.S.A. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
52, Report #120599
Dec 01 2004
T-Mobile Incompetent Customer Service Cincinnati Ohio, Nationwide
On July 14, 2004 I signed up for T-Mobile Service with The Mobile Solution Corporation at the Florence, KY mall. I had my Cincinnati Bell phone number ported over to T-Mobile. On July 19, 2004, I returned the phones to The Mobile Solution and cancelled my service and had Cincinnati Bell port my number back to them. During the 5 days of service, I was not able to access T-Mobile service from a location where I frequently visit. In fact, once I exited the highway, I lost my signal. I received my first T-Mobile bill in August for $106.47 and prompty called T-Mobile and spoke to a female representative named Erin. She assured me she would cancel my service and a new bill would be sent to me. In September I received another T-Mobile bill in the amount of $103.72. I called on September 28 and spoke to a male T-Mobile representative named Christian and also a supervisor named Kim. They both assured me my service would be cancelled and a revised bill would be sent. I probably spent a total of an hour on the phone with the two of them to try to resolve this issue. In October, I received a T-Mobile bill for the amount of $184.78. On October 22, I started to call at 2:00 p.m. I was first in contact with Donna and somehow got disconnected before resolving the issue. I prompty called back and got in contact with a female rep named Robin. She stated my problem was above her head and transferred me to Bill in customer care. After explaining my situation to him, he transferred me to Adam in the transfer service department. I had to explain my situation once again. Adam stated there was an open port request showing on my records and informed me to contact Cincinnati Bell to cancel the open port request. He said the ticket was filed on August 21. He filed another ticket and transferred me to a female representative named Birdie. I again had to explain my situation to her. Birdie called the transfer center and then informed me to call Cincinnati Bell to push through the open port request. She informed me my service would be cancelled back to July 19th. At 2:25 p.m., I called the Cincinnati Bell porting department and was connected with Rose (ID# 30575). Rose informed me that the port request had been completed on July 20th. She did a conference call with Sandy (Rep#412041) at T-Mobile. Rose and I again explained my situation. Sandy stated the line has been suspended and to call customer care and get line active and resolve their issues. Sandy transferred us to Malory in customer care. Malory said I had an amount of $14.91 due and that would resolve my issue. I paid the amount on the phone with Malory on my credit card. She assured me this would be my only amount due. Malory then transferred us back to the porting department and we were connected to Kathy (#462252). I once again explained my situation to her. She stated she wasn't sure why Malory had me pay $14.91. She said I should be credited back to July 20th and spoke to Jan in customer care. Kathy then said she would check some things out for me and call me back. This was at 3:23 p.m., nearly an hour since I first called. Kathy called me back at 3:52. She informed me that she had spoken to Dennis and assured me my account balance was now at zero, that a national ticket was filed and my account was now closed and I wouldn't receive another bill from T-Mobile. In November, I was distraught to receive yet another bill from T-Mobile for $22.70. I was charged $14.00 from 10/10/04 to 10/15/04, a $5.00 late fee and taxes. I promptly called the T-Mobile customer line, and after many attempts to reach a live person through their recordings, I reached Katrina (#0955572). I asked if I could speak with Kathy, since she was the only person with T-Mobile I had spoken to that actually seemed to know how to finalize my problem. Katrina said she could not transfer me to Kathy, but could send Kathy an e-mail to ask her to call me. Katrina said she could not guarantee a call back, however. Katrina said she could take care of the problem for me if I wanted her to. I decided to take my chances that Kathy would return my call since none of the other representatives there have been able to finalize my situation. Unfortunately, as of today, I have not received a call back from Kathy, thus prompting this letter. I feel another phone call will be more waste of my time. Believe it or not, I have kept my cool and been patient throughout this whole ordeal. Needless to say, I am extremely frustrated with my entire experience with T-Mobile. When I signed up for the service, I was assured I would have coverage everywhere and was excited about it. It has turned out to be one big disaster I am regretful I ever switched my service and would not recommend T-Mobile to anyone!!! I sent the above information to T-Mobile via email and received a reply that I would be credited the most current amount, would receive a new bill and to disregard it. (I've heard that before!) Julie Cincinnati, OhioU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on T-Mobil
Dec 11 2004
T-Mobile ripoff Young America Minnesota
I bought this phone thru Imphonic. At that time, the purchase agreement stated that I would be entitled to a $50 rebate as well as a $150 rebate from T-mobile. That is one of the main reasons I bought this stupid phone in the first place. When I got the product, I received the $50 rebate form but not the $150 rebate form. When I sent the initial $50 form in, I failed to send in the original bar code because I thought I would need it for the $150 rebate form. When I finally got the $150 form which I had to fight for because Imphonic stated that the rebates were not listed on 'their' purchase order. After I advised that I was looking at the purchase order I had and they were on there. They indicated that I should fax them a copy. I did so - twice. No one followed thru. When I finally did as requested for the $50 form, I get a letter stating that because I had changed programs in mid-stream so-to-speak, I did not qualify for the $50 rebate. The representative stated that if I changed it back to the $39.99 program that they would honor my request. But, by doing so, I would have to sign up for another year on the plan. Had the representatve told me that in the beginning, I probably would have done things differently. She did not and now I am out the $50 rebate. And, to make matters worse, I will probably be out of the $150 rebate as well. And, that really makes me angry. The representative should have told me that when I decided to change programs going from $39.99 to $29.99. Not done. I think this is 'misrepresentation' by Tmobile and based on that fact, both rebates should be honored. My subsequent complaint will be to the Attorney General of that State to keep others from getting ripped off! Maria Modesto, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Young America, Minnesota
Dec 12 2004
T-Mobile Rebate Ripoff Detroit Nationwide
On August 13th, I was approached to buy a T-Mobile V300 phone by a T-Mobile rep in a large mall. The pitch was that after the two $50 rebates, the price of the phone would be about $50. I bought the phone and signed-up for the $49 per month plan. A few months later after not seeing any forms or rebates in the mail I went back to the store. They said that they did not have any forms and gave me a T-Mobile number to call and I was told to give them some wild story about the store having some sort of problem. I called T-Mobile and was told Sorry, all rebates for that phone had expired.... I then went back to the store and they gave me a form that turned-out to be bad. What a run-around. I spend over $80 each month with T-Mobile and I am just so upset to be treated this way. James Berkey, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Detroit, Michigan
Jun 24 2005
T-Mobile Ripoff Bate and switch Lagrange Georgia
I have been a paying good cutomer of T-Mobile cellular for the past 8 months. I have only been a day or two late with payment on my bill twice. When I first started service with T-Mobile I was told That I qualified for two lines and that I could get more lines after 6 months of good payment records with the company. So I took my two lines, one for myself and one for my 12 year old son who was starting middle school and needed a phone to stay in contact with his mother and I. After six months of paying my mobile phone bills faithfully we added a third line to our family share plan for my wife. Now summer has arrived and my 11 year old daughter is going off to middle school and also needs a cell phone to stay in contact with Mom and Dad. On June 18th 2005 I contacted T-Mobile to add a fourth line to our family share plan for my daughter. The woman at T-Mobile who took my call barely spoke english. I told her that we needed to add a fourth line to our family share plan. I was put on hold. when the woman came back she informed me that everything was o.k. and we could add another line. She then asked me to go on line while on the phone with her and choose a phone for my daughter. The T-Mobile representative then told me to call T-Mobile when the phone arrived and have it activated. We picked out a phone for $89.00 and it was shipped to me the next day. I recieved my daughters phone today June 24, 2005. My daughter and I sat down and programed the phone book in the phone and layed down the rules for use of the phone. We then called T-Mobile to Activate the new phone. When we got a T-Mobile Representative on the phone she told us that she was putting us on hold to run a credit check. Before I could stop her to tell her we had already been thru that she was gone. When the T-Mobile representative came back on the phone she informed us that we would have to pay a $250.00 deposit. I informed the representative that we were already told that we could add another line and that no deposit was required. She stated that there were no such notes on the account and that the $250.00 was required if we wanted to activate the phone. I asked to speek with a supervisor and was promtly put on hold for 25 minutes. When the so called supervisor came on line he was immedietly loud and abrupt with me. Every time I tried to speak he would raise his voice and speek over me ignoring everything I had to say and forcing me to raise my voice to be heard. I tried to explain the situation to the so called supervisor to no avail. He simply would not listen. He kept repeating himself over and over again,stating that a $250.00 deposit would be required. When I told him that this was a bate and switch That the pepresentitive on the 18th had told us we could infact have another line he denied that conversation ever took place. I then told the supervisor that I was very dissatisfied with the customer service I had recieved and felt ripped off. I told him that I was very seriously considering closing my account all together at witch time I was informed that if I did I would be charged $200.00 for each line for a total of $600.00. When my contract is up with T-Mobile I will close my account and never do business with them again. They do not deserve my hard erned money. With Bate and Switch tactics such as these I cant believe that J.D. Power and Associates would name this company # 1 in customer service. I would warn anyone considering doing business with T- Mobile to think again. You will be in for a customer service experience That no honest hard working American should ever be forced to go through. Jud & Lupe Tacoma, WashingtonU.S.A.
Entity: Lagrange, Georgia
Oct 10 2005
T-Mobile Ripoff Poor customer service Nationwide
I signed up with T-Mobile several months ago. When I recieved my phone it didn't work. In order to get a working phone I was told I had to mail the phone back to them because I had gotten from them over the internet. Who paid this cost I did. Not the company that sent a faulty product. Then in August I was out of town and didn't get my bill paid withen a few days my service was shut off. I am a smart access customer witch states my spending limit is $150.00 and that if I go over this I risk interuption of service until I make a payment to bring it down to below $100.00 my bill is around $47.00 a month so I was not over even $100. Even though they automatically added the next months bill. I get paid monthly and had some emergency expenditures come up this month so I pay just under half of my bill for the month. T-moblie has added next months bill again which still puts me under $100. I got a call today asking how I would like to make a payment so I can avoid interuption of service. So I start explaining that will pay everything on the 24th of this month well before my next month is due we got disconnected. So I call back and talk to a rep explained everything. I was told they couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't lose service so I ask to talk to their supervise. I am told the same thing. When I explain this is bad customer service that any other company is willing to work with people. I was told that wasn't true if you have a past due amount. I said that is wrong. Then I asked if she pays every single bill on time every time. She got very upset and said that that had nothing to do with this conversation. So I asked how I could get out of my contract with them to go somewhere with better customer service. I would have to pay $200.00 to do so. I know I am locked into a contract but that really is exhortion. That is not free market because it forces the consumer to abide the time they can seek better service. Daniel Springfield, MissouriU.S.A.
Oct 18 2005
T-Mobile ripoff, dishonest, fraudulent billing Cincinnati Ohio
I signed up with T-mobile over 3 years ago in Virginia. Later I was transferred to Florida and went to their corporate store in Melbourne, Florida and changed the phone plan to a family plan and internet service with an aircard.They promised me I could get a new phone but never got it. I used one line in my business and advertised a lot in the papers. I got very few calls if any with each ad. after almost a year later I found out that the phone numbers I was given was not local but long distance and local callers received number not in service notice not a long distance message. I had wasted 1,000's in advertising to find out no local calls could get thru. I called Tmobile and they appologized and said i would have to change numbers. They offered me A $150.00 credit and 2 new phones for my inconvenience and was going to up the minutes without extending my contract. Well they never upped my minutes and I never got the credit,phones or extra minutes and when called back to see why, they conveniently could not find the supervisor even with the employee ID I supplied them. Later I called again and again to no avail and was promised this or that. After 2 months I got my bill and found out that they had extended my contract after assuring me that they would not. They also changed my plan which I did not authorized. I called again and the suppervisor assured me they would put my contract back to the original expiration and terms date. After my original contract ended I called to cancel and they said my contract was not up.they never gave me the credit either and played dumb. Do not use this company they will lie to your face and promise you this or that but they will either extend or change your contract and you will not get what they promise. After the first call I requested all changes be given to me in writing. They said they could not do that. DO NOT use T-mobile they are like the Gestapo. Oscar Rockledge, FloridaU.S.A.
58, Report #161956
Oct 24 2005
T-mobile Automated theft ripoff Internet
I had purchased an ipaq pda phone for $500.00 in May 2005 with a T-mobile service plan. My phone stopped working in September, so I called and talked to the needed departments. I was told that my phone was warrantied and would be replaced. I never recieved the replacement phone, so I called again and went through the one hour song and dance once again. This time the phone was sent to me. Four days later I recieved a letter from Tmobile that said after inspecting your phone, we have decided that it is not covered by warranty. The only problem was that I had not sent the old phone in yet. There was no way thry could have checked out the condition. The next day my phone service was suspended because the charged the replacement fee onto my account, which made it overdue. I was never given any warning that they would shut my service off. The only options I had were to pay the bill so I could use my phone and hope they creditted me back, or go through the huge hassel of getting this thing taken care by the customer service dept, and we all know how well that works. I decided to fight this and call Tmobile. I waited for 30 minutes on hold and finally talked to a guy who tried to tell me I am out of luck. I had to let him know that this was Tmobiles fault and I am not going to suffer for this. Finally he tells me he is going to permanently credit my account, and said that their has been alot of mysterious billings lately (what ever). My service never went back on. The last guy didnt do a single thing. Now I got to waste another 45+ minutes waiting to talk to some guy who cares less about my satisfaction, nor has been given the ability to rectify any of Tmobiles mistakes. The letter I recieved was obviously an automated letter ment to test the reaction of the consumer who recently placed a claim on a warranty. A majority of people are going to pay immediately just to get their phone back on, or else they are going to believe that Tmobile inspected their phone and that they honestly didnt meet the warranty standards, even when they really might have. Tmobile has made it a giant hurdle to right any wrongs that they might commit. Your best interest is not in mind, in fact they are sneakily trying to get as much money from you as possible. They make a problem and bank on a certain percentage who are able to be muscled into paying. Josh brooklyn park, MinnesotaU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
Nov 18 2005
T-Mobile ripoff Alburquerque New Mexico
My problem is that t-mobile use poor business practices. I started having problems with this company this year when I upgraded my phone for free, but still got charged $20.00. I also added a second line which I was finally eligible for. I received the seimens flip phone. I instantly started having problem with phone and had to contact coustomer service. We then did all kind of troubleshooting on the phone and it ended up having to be replaced a total of three times. Finally after all the hard ache of that situation they talked me into getting another phone not more that 3months later 6/2005. So I bought a samsung x495 at a supposed discounted rate of $42 and some change that I had to pay up front in order for them to even send out the phone so I did pay for it by check by phone. So I receive this phone in 8/2005. Not more than two weeks later I started have some of the similar problems with the new phone that I did with the other phones that started all this mess. So I contact Customer Care Dept. and was taken through all these troubleshooting ploys. Finally it was determined that it was a defective battery. So the rep explained that with the phone being so new that I needed to contact Samsung because they did not have the battery in stock yet. I interm call Samsung and they asked me was there troubleshooting done on the phone and explained to them what the end result was. The then tell me it would be best to take the phone into a t-mobile dealer. Which I did and they ran the same troubleshooting test and said that it was the phone not the battery. She in term said that she will just send out another phone since I was still under warranty. I asked do I need to leave my current phone with her she said know just keep it because it is still under warranty. So a week later I the phone from t-mobile. I open the box and notice that it is not in any wrapping or protectived by anything other than some sponge to keep it from rollong around the box. I also notice that there was a return label so I send the phone that was being replaced and a month later they charge my account and say I HAVE A OUT OF WARRANTY CHARGE FOR WATER DAMAGE TO THE PHONE. The charge was $79.00+ some change. I call in to talk to someone about this and they pass me around to three people and would never put a supervisor on the phone. I finally talk to some one explain that I did not agree with the charge and was not at fault for it and wanted to dispute the charge they then tell me that I had to do it in writing and fax it in. Gave me a fax number this was in 9/2005. SO I never heard anything. I call back in 10/2005 and I had to go through two more people before some told me from the customer care dept. that she would put a hold on my account for that amount of the $79.00+. I did pay the other charges on my account as I always due every month. SO what happenend two week later they shut my phone off and when I called back I was told because there was no hold on the account but a pass due amount for the disputed charge and that I didn't pay the bill for the priopr month. Now what happened was that was I was trying to pay my bill online and instead of putting in my account # I put in my check number called t-mobile while still online and paid it by check over the phone. So it got paid within a matter of 5minutes. Someone than tells me that I had a returned payment and I owe for the previos month and the past due amount. I finally get to speak with a supervisor and explained everthing to her which was noted on my account already the rep before her just didn't know what she was doing. And didn't understand what was going on even though it was all on the account. Well the supervisor then interm resubmitts the proper paper work for the hold on the account and turn my phone back on and tells me to resend my dispute because it was never received for the month before. She also told me she would follow up with me on a certain date and she did but said that the customer relations dept. found in favor of the company. But I stated in my letter I wanted to speak with someone and know one ever called to investigate my side of the story which led me here today. I spoke to someone earlier and she said that she had to email the supervisor to call me back and was very rude and unknowledgeable about the situation even though she read the notes. I tried to explain to her that I want to know is who do I speak to or follow up with to appeal this decision. I will not have a cell phone company trying to take advantage of me. So my suggestion to all who has had a bad experience is to contact the BBB and make a complaint as I did today. I am also going to find out what legal aspect I can take because I did not get interviewed for this investigation and I am not happy with t-mobile at this time for taking advantage of me. Who knows how many times I have just paid my bill and they have gotten awaay with these kinds of things. If I have to I will contact the Attorney General. I know all to well about how this scam happens I have worked for a pharmacuetical company for 5 years in customer service and I know everything that I have to do to get this taken care of and I will follow all aspects of protecting myself from being taken advantage of like this. I see it every day where I work how peolpe just rip you off. Again my suggestion to you if you are having problems with this company is to go to BBB.com and make a complaint so that you are heard. Delinda Hamilton, OhioU.S.A. STOP! ..before you think about using the Better Business Bureau (BBB)... CLICK HERE to see how other consumers were victimized by the BBB's false or misleading information. Don't be fooled! It has been reported, when there are thousands of complaints and other investigations underway by authorities, the BBB has no choice but to finally give an UNsatisfactory rating to a BBB member business that is paying the BBB big membership fees every year. When a business is reported that is NOT a BBB member, BBB files WILL more likely show an UNsatisfactory rating, then reportedly shake down that company to become a member of the BBB. One positive thing about the BBB is, either way, if a business has an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB, you can be sure, the business is bad. But what about all those BBB member businesses that had complaints filed against them? Consumers never get to hear about them. What about the BBB advertising to the public? Is this a false and misleading perception they are giving about consumer confidence when dealing with a business? Click here to understand more of what consumers and business alike are saying about the BBB. You decide. ..Remember. The BBB membership is not earned, it's paid for! Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on T-Mobil
Entity: Alburquerque, New Mexico
Feb 19 2004
T-MOBILE ripoff MESA Arizona
well i got a cellular from t-mobile on november 12 2003 i was promised by a representative of t-mobile (fiesta mall) that i wouldn't get charged an installation fee and that they would change my old cell number to the new one, but later when we got our bill we got charged the installation fee of $45.00 and we never got our old number changed so i got stuck with two billings one from my old cell number and one from the new one witch was t-mobile, when i went to complain they wouldn't listen to me or release me from my contract so now im stuck with a phone that i don't want Rosalinda PHOENIX, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: MESA, Arizona
Aug 12 2004
T-Mobile ripoff misrepresented service Atlanta Georgia
We've all complained about T-Mobile. We all know how unprofessional they are about hooking you and then gutting you for money later. Here's something that'll help those still swimming free. They will give you a map at the booth-of-lies when you go to sign up. The map shows calling areas. This map actually shows the combined coverage of two fundamentally different types of calling areas. One is for full service, the other is for marginal/Outdoor only service. Who would ever sign up for this if they lived in the marginal areas? There is no difference between the two on the map. I am sure this is the case for all areas of the country. If someone has the means to start a class action suit, please contact me. Bryan Austell, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
Jun 01 2004
T Mobile ripoff Albuquerque New Mexico
I send back a phone that was not working right as I got the replacement now they can't find my old phone so they are charging me for it. I called and they are atemit that I didn't send it because they can't find it in their system Hey I am not in charge of the post office or their warehouse and I am tired of their bs but I can't get a supervisor WHY DO THEY HIDE !!!. I sold the car that I had at that time so I might have left the tracking slip in it. one thing for sure I am fed up and if they are going to idiots I will be dropping them I am a 2 year customer but willing to let them go !!! Jose 85009, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Feb 29 2004
T-Mobile poor customer service Nationwide
After reciving poor customer service from Verizon Wireless, we made the mistake of changing to T-Mobile. After about a yearrvice, I went to the mall location to pay our bill. When I handed my check for the bill, I was told that we have 2 account numbers, and that I had to pay for each account number separate. I asked why 2 account #'s. They couldn't tell me. They called the 800 #. Again, they didn't know why. No one could tell me why after a year of service, I had 2 acccount #'s. Anyway, the 2 account #'s added up to the correct bill amount, so I tried to pay with my debit card. It declined. I had more than enough in the bank to cover the bill. Now I had to drive back home to get 2 more checks to pay the bill. On the way home, I got to thinking more about the situation, and got mad. When I returned, I asked when my contract was up, and they told me that I was already out of my contract. I said good! Withing the next 3 or 4 days, I called CS several times and they told me each time that I was out of my contract. I proceded to Sprint and opened an account with 2 phones. The following day, I called T-Mobile to cancel and I was informed that I still had a month left on my contract. I explained that I was told several times, by different sources that I was out of my contract. After she researched she informed me that because I had 2 account numbers, the CS reps I had talked to were looking at the wrong account. All I could get T-Mobile to do is lower my plan from $65.00 per month to $19 per month for the last month. In other words, I was paying for 4 cell phones, with 2 different carriers, eventhough I didn't need 4 phones and I was told that I was out of my contract with T-Mobile. Everytime that we had ever called T-Mobile CS, we got the runaround. They never knew what was going on. They could never give a straight answer. You could call 5 different times with the same question and get 5 different answers. Chuck Benbrook, TexasU.S.A.
Mar 24 2004
T-Mobile No Reception - No Refund! Columbus Ohio
T-Mobile apparently has a policy for never allowing anyone out of a contract without paying the $200 cancellation fee. I had purchased 2 phones which worked satisfactorily. We built a house (5 miles away) and discovered after moving in that the phones would not work from the house. We did not have a landline put in the house because we had our cellphones. The reception was so bad you couldn't speak an entire sentence that anyone could understand. I actually had to drive several miles one day to place a call to my husband. I have a 13 year old daughter who comes home from school and would be there alone with no phone that works. I called to tell them about the reception problems and their response was I show you have reception in that zip code. Sure -- in parts of that zip code, but not where my house sits! Well, they said, we can't guarantee that you get reception in every square inch of an area. Sorry! They would not waive the cancellation fee. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and did get a call from some higher up. I explained the situation again and she AGAIN refused to refund the cancellation fee. I let it go to collection! What a ripoff! Johanna Cardington, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Columbus, Ohio
Oct 27 2004
T-mobile ripoff Fort Lauderdale Florida
I have been with the company for many years. There is currently new management in the call center where we answer the calls from the customers. I have been ripped off by T-mobile. Not in a monitory way, but in the trust that I put in my company to ensure a positive working atmosphire. This call center is a place where gay people are made to feel bad about their sexulaty, and asked questions about matters of a personal nature. The two people in charge of my office show favoritism to people with the same background. This is not a good place to work, atleast not until management makes some changes. I have been ripped off, I was promised a nice place to work, and not to be made to feel bad about who I am, and who I do it with. I hope some one reads this and makes some changes. A concerned employee Fort Lauderdale, FloridaU.S.A.
Oct 14 2004
T-Mobile Sidekick return rip off LaGrange Georgia
I had purchase a Sidekick online from T-mobile. Keep in mind I have been a customer for a 1 year. You have so many days to return something that you don't like or feel you can't get alone with. The Sidekick was horrible. It had it's good points but it just wasn't fitting what I wish for it to fit for. So I sent it back before the so called 14 day period was up. I had it about a week and sent it back express mail and it got there in one day. Someone did sign for it. Well I had called them for them to credit my account back for the merchandise, and they say it has never reached their warehouse, that they would have to write up a report for it to be found in their warehouse. I have called them from July to to Oct about crediting my $299.00 back to me and they refuse to do so. One of their customer service agent said oh I don't doubt you have sent it, but we need the proof that you did? What kind of an answer is that? One other agent told me I would need proof to fax to them, I asked for the fax number and he would go well, I don't want to give that to you right now. It would not benefit you when you get the proof and it would end up faxed in another state cause the next time you get a hold of a customer service, you would be talking to someone in another state. Just run you around. T-MOBILE YOU BIG FAT RIP OFF!!! GIVE ME MY $299.00 That you OWE ME!!!!!! You not only stole money from me but you done everything under fraud!!! Teresa DeSoto, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: LaGrange, Georgia
Oct 15 2004
T Mobile rip-off! Dishonest billing! Seattle Washington
I have been a T-Mobile customer for several years and to be honest, have never been too impressed with the service. In august 2003 T-Mobile started a new program of unlimited nights and weekends + 600 anytime minutes. I called them and added my teenaged daughter to my plan and upgraded her text msg. limit. At that time I asked to put my phone, my husbands and my daughters phone on the new plan. T-mobile agreed to this and said that I would have to enter into another contract for one year which I agreed to. At that time we lived in an area that did not have reception but I wanted to able to use the phone at work at night. We continued with T-mobile for another year and had no problems. In August of 2004 we bought a new house and our new neighborhood had good reception. In september 2004, I went to an authorized T-Mobile store and added my teenaged son to my plan and upgraded my daughters phone. When I was in the store I told them I wanted the same plan that my daughter had with free nights and weekends, and the store owner assured me that it would be the same and even joked with my children about not being able to talk on the phone untill after 9pm. Two weeks ago, I recieved a bill for 1700.00, almost all for night and weekend minutes on my daughters phone. I was shocked to say the least, but I wasn't to worried because I knew it was a billing mistake. I called T-Mobile and was shocked to hear that I had never had free night minutes only weekends. They said that I only upgraded my daughters Text msgs in Aug 2003 and since it had been so long without a dispute about my contract I couldn't change it. I explained that the reason I had not disputed it before is because we lived in a dead zone and didn't have reception and since I had upgraded over the phone I didn't sign a contract. We just got the bill and paid it. Needless to say, I am very upset. After much argueing, they said they would take about 790.00 off the total bill. I talked to several people over the next few weeks and explained over and over this same story because apparently one of the ways they where you down is to not note your account so you just get so frustrated you repeating yourself that you give up! When they finally did adjust my account, they only took 500.00 dollars off the total and said thats all they would do. In the meantime, they interupted my service several times. Finally, I just gave up and resigned myself to pay the 1100.00 , finish my contract and switch service to another carrier. I called customer service from my car and asked to speak to a supervisor, a man named Mike came on the line and to be honest, has been the only polite helpfull person I've delt with. I asked if I could make 2 or 3 payments and not have my service interupted and after some talk he agreed. I said it would be more convienent if they could do automatic withdrawls from my checking account and he said fine. Unfortunely, and this may be part my fault, he either entered my account info wrong or I told him the wrong information because I was driving at the time. He said my first payment of 390.00 would be withdrawn by 4pm the next day. When I checked my balance, it wasn't withdrawn. I called T mobile, and they said there was a problem with the account info so I went to the T mobile store and paid the 390.00. The next day my service was disconnectedD!!! When I called T Mobile, they said that since I defaulted on the payment arrangement they could no longer accept payments and I had to pay in full!! I also forgot to mention, that I talked to T Mobile several times immedietly after getting this bill and asked on several occasions to make sure they had fixed the problem and that I now had free nights and weekends and was assured that we did. I found out several days later when I spoke to Mike, as mentioned above, that I still did not have nights and weekends!! My biggest problem is that they would treat a long standing customer like this. All they would have to do is research my records to realize I've never been over minutes. I believed them when they told me we had free nights and weekends in Aug 2003 and that was a lie. It was a lie when they said they would take 790.00 off and only took 500.00. It was a lie when they said we had free nights and weekends last month when I upgraded and added a new line. All they have done is lie. I have shared my horror story about this dishonest company and so far, I'm happy to report, 22 family members and 16 friends have so far changed service from T-Mobile to verizon, cingular and sprint. I intend to tell anyone who will listen!!! My fathers company will come to the end of thier contract in febuary, and all of his 316 employees phones will be switched to verison! The money T-Mobile has stolen from me will not compare to the money they have and will continue to lose from word of mouth. The customer is not always right but there is such a thing as manners and common courtesy. Carol Lynnwood, WashingtonU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on T-Mobil
Entity: Seattle, Washington
May 26 2003
T. MOBILE ripoff false promises CHICAGO Illinois
T. MOBILE PROMISED ME THE BEST SERVICE, AND I CAN'T EVEN MAKE A PHONE CALL, SOMETIMES NOT EVEN WHEN IT'S AN EMERGENCEY, I CALLED THE COMPANY FIVE TIMES ALL READY COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SERVICE. I STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM THE ONLY WAY THAT I CAN HAVE GOOD COMMUNICATION IS WHEN I DRIVE IN THE EXPRESS WAY. I'VE BEEN PAYING FOR A SERVICE THAT I DON'T EVEN HAVE. THE LAST TIME I CALLED, THEY GAVE ME 70 MORE MINUTES IN MY ACCOUNT. BUT WHY? IF I CAN'T USE THEM. EVERYTIME I TRY TO CALL SOMEBODY IT'S LIKE A NIGHTMARE. Guadalupe CHICAGO, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: CHICAGO, Illinois
Nov 17 2004
T-Mobile Rebate rip-off Cincinatti Ohio
in august 2004, i was on a month-to-month plan with t-mobile which i had been with for a year. Prior to that i had a year contract with them. anyway, it was time for me to upgrade my tri-band cellphone. when i called t-mobile to see what offers they had on these they stated that if i RENEWED my contract to a ONE YEAR vs. month-to-month, i would be eligible to get the Sony Ericcsson T610 that was $174.99, BUT with a $100 REBATE. They billed my account for the $174.99 and i received my new cellphone, but there was NO REBATE FORM inside. so i called T-Mobile 'Customer Care' and relayed to them that the REBATE card was not in there, the representative said she could not send me a REBATE FORM, but i could download one on-line. The representative also said TO BE SURE YOU MAKE A COPY OF EVERYTHING YOU SEND IN as these things seem to get LOST. Heading the woman's advice, i downloaded the form, followed the instructions on the FORM, included all the BARCODES/SEMI labels, etc - made copies of the documents, etc. This week (15 Nov) i received a letter from T-mobile stating that i was NOT ELIGIBLE for the $100 REBATE as i did not include the LABLES. I called them explained that i DID include these and i have a PHOTOCOPY of what i had sent. The SUPERVISOR said I am sorry we NEED the ORIGINAL BARCODES/SEMI lABELS in order to give you the REBATE. I obviously do not have these as I SENT IT TO T-MOBILE. And they are unwilling to honor the REBATE even if i send them the PHOTOCOPIES. So how is that for business ethics with a major corporation. and how may other people have they done this to? Sandra Venice, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Cincinatti, Ohio
Nov 16 2004
T-mobile ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing Cincinnati Ohio
I have a detailed letter I could submit to you. Basically they are trying to charge me for minutes that were billed to me after my billing cycle was closed. They added them to my next bill approximately 14 days later, that then resulted in putting me over my minutes only 10 days into my next billing cycle. When I tried to resolve was denied to speak with a supervisor on four different occassions within a 24 hour time span. There is more detail to the story which is to long to explain in this email. Hopefully I can speak with someone further. Cori Calabasas, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Jun 12 2004
T-Mobile ripoff Tacoma Washington
I signed up for the T-Mobile Family Plan with three lines. One for my mother, one for my son and one for myself. This account was supposed to include FREE roaming and NO charge between TMobile phones listed on my family plan. TMobile failed to inform me that if I call my son, who is on our plan, or he calls me, and the SIGNAL accessed is an AT&T Signal, our call WILL BE CHARGED against our MINUTES. Talk about your DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES! I will NOT be continuing with TMobile when this plan expire in EIGHT months. Oh joy. Mary Tacoma, WashingtonU.S.A.
Entity: Tacoma, Washington
Feb 08 2003
T- Mobile rip-off Sunrise Florida
They over charged my account two months in a row and refused to credit I called over and over and they dismissed me like an old shoe and I kept paying them and they turned off my phone and refused to discuss the fact that they overcharged my account. Leanna Weston, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Sunrise, Florida
Oct 12 2006
T Mobile additional line ripoff Orlando Florida
After being a customer of T Mobile for over a year, I contacted them to add a second phone, and sign up for their Family Plan I jumped thru all the hoops, and thought everything was fine- until I got my first bill! They had placed both my phone lines on seperate plans (at a mugh higher rate), rather than merge them onto the family plan as requested. I called T Mobile, and waited for 40 minutes on hold, only to be blown off with the excuse that a supervisor was not available to talk to me.. WTF ???? I've sent numerous emails to T Mobile after this- none have explained this discrepancy, or offered to resolve the over-billing. Bottom line, T Mobile informed me that their notes don't support my position. Frankly, I think they've got an incentive program going with their CSR's to sign-up the most lucrative plans they can- and why would they place notes on the account that would negate their commission. Customer Service at T Mobile SUCKS!!!! I was really happy with my experience with T Mobile (over a year) until this- and they dropped the ball. How is this even close to taking care of the customer? Chris Orlando, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Orlando, Florida
74, Report #520003
Nov 05 2009
T- Mobile Deceptive Sales Tactics Internet
Purchased two phones via phone from T-Mobile.  Was advised I qualified for a $50 rebate for each phone which cinched the deal.  I am now advised the purchase does not qualify for the rebate due to not subscribing to a $14.95 monthly texting package for each phone.  I do not need nor desire the texting package. Can't back out now since I did not learn of the issue until the rebate was turned down.  Apparently there is fine print on the rebate form, which obviously is not available at the time of purchase (over the phone). Customer service is only lip service.  A $50 credit per phone would have made me a very happy customer.  As it stands, I despise T-Mobile and their deceptive sales practices.  Once this contract is done, I am history.  And I'll make sure my friends and the company I work for understand this deceptive practice.
Entity: , Internet
Nov 19 2008
T-Mobile rip-offs, scam artists Alberque Internet
I ordered a phone from this company and to get a new from them about 1 month later because it was defective. I received a new one, and since it appears that I did not send it in a timely matter they decided to bill 170.00 for a restocking fee. I have since then returned the phone and now I can not get the fee reversed becuase I did not send the defective unit back within their time frame. So not only do they have my 170.00, they also have the phone that was returned to them and they are refusing to give me my credit. Chris Chicago, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Internet