VIVINT Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: vivint

There may be more reports for "vivint"

For more results perform a general search for "vivint"

Showing 51-75 of 243 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "vivint"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

VIVINT  Pathetic Customer Service Salt Lake City, Utah
Find someone else. Was an APEX customer by default became Vivint.  Had a 4 year contract .. after 3 equipment began to fail.   After spending hours and hours to fix bad sensors, pad issues etc. was told equipment was told old and they did not have techs to work on it anymore.  Refused to replace or repair without me paying for new equipment.   Did not arm it for about 6 months, rather than waste any more time on the phone with them. Contract expired, called to cancel, was told to email, did.  Rec'd a call from a rep about 2 weeks later to find out why I was cancelling .. I explained of course apologies over and over.  Assured me this was their fault, I agreed.  Promised all would be taken care of account shut off not monitored anymore, offered me free pad, etc. anything they could do to keep me as a customer. Called new service, 2 weeks later or so they come to install new equipment and alarm goes off.  I call again, go thru the whole story again, no record of prior conversations, assured again blah blah.  Then to top it off about 2 more weeks go by and I get a bill for 3 months of past due service.  I did not go well with the next call.  Amazing how when under contract they would do nothing to help.  When the contract ran out, they were offering the sun moon and starts ... a little too late.
Entity: Salt Lake City, Utah
Vivint  Poor Customer service - lack of integrity Provo, Utah
Vivint lacks integrity as a company.  Expect them to not address technical issues nor adhere to their contract.  They will not monitor services that they are contractually obligated to.  They will not support their system once it is installed.  They will erroneously dispatch police and make no apologies for it. Calls to customer service resulted in little more than long wait times.  You will be on hold for 30+ minutes.  If you ask for a manager you will be told one will call you back and you will never hear from them again. When I cancelled my contract recently I brought up all the issues I had with them and they very simply said no we didn't.  I explained to them that they didn't send a technician when I called and asked for them and they actually told me I shouldn't have expected one because they never sent one.  I tried to explain that you can't use my complaint as an excuse for your error but they just didn't get it.  If you're in a contract right now you would be wise to cancel it and get out at your next opportunity.  I don't know if any other company is any better but they rely on their long hold times and run arounds to keep you locked in. Truly no integrity.
Vivint. Apex, APX BULLIES AND LIARS Provo, Utah
I am a small business owner, and have had several runn-ins with Vivint.  I have been an ADT customer for the past 5 years, and this is the third time that I have had a representitve from APEX/APX/VIVINT. come by and tell me that they had bought out ADT and that I had to sign new paperwork with them, and that they would be handleing my security account from now on.  When I asked the rep for ID he said that his shirt should be enough ID for me.  When I told him that this is the 3rd time that they had tried to do this, and that I knew for a fact that ADT had not been bought out by Vivint, and then I told him that I wanted to call ADT with him and confirm this, he freaked out and told me I was stupid and that I was going to be sorry for not just taking care of my paperwork with him.  After that happened, I called Vivint, and they told me that they do buy out ADT contracts and that I was probably on thier take over report.  When I asked Vivint to provide me with my information to prove that I was on a report, they refused.  So I asked the rep to hold for a moment.  Then I called ADT and did a three way conference call with Vivint.  When I told ADT what had happened, they told me that they NEVER sell their contracts to anyone, especially APX/Vivint.  and that this was a fraudulent sales tatic they used.  So when I brought Vivint back on the line the rep said I was mistaken, and that I had called them to come in take over my account!  When I said that was a lie, the Vivint rep hung up.  I did some checking around and called a few of the local security companies and found out that this is how Vivint does business.  They lie to customers, sign them up with two or even three contracts and then threaten the customers that they will sue them if they try to cancel.  I was also told by another dealer that they call and threaten the other security dealers if they switch any Vivint customers over to them.
Jan 17 2016
Vivint  APX Rips you off by AUTOMATICALLY renewing contract Provo, Utah
When the contract was up after five years I called to cancel and found out that they automatically renewed my contact for another year without my permission. I was never called or notified in writing that i had to write them that I wanted to cancel. The rep was rude the entire time. I was going to cancel becaused I moved into a rental until I bought my new house but the way I was treated today I will never use them again.
Jan 17 2016
Vivint Home Security  the endless, auto-renewing, uncancellable contract Prove, Utah
Alarm Service companies are the WORST and Vivint (pka APX Alarm) is the worst of the worst when it comes to cancellation your overpriced contract at the END of term.   They make it as impossible to effectively cancel your contract and to keep charging you past the end of the term. I paid every dime through the end of my contract even though I disconnected the equipment over a year ago during my kitchen remodel.  I called on the 15th to determine the exact process for cancelling and sent my letter as directed.  No Response.  I called on the 27th to follow up.  I had to listen to a long sales pitch...which I did politely.  Then declined their new deal.  Then the Manager says she can't accept my cancellation because it was received two days late (the contract requires at least 30 days notice...why?).  So now, I'm on month-to-month.  I said, well, then let's make it effective for after that month you feel you're entitled to.  She says, We can't accept your cancellation until after the amount is paid on the 10th. I can see it coming!  Can you?  I will call again on the 10th as she advised and I'll bet my last dollar that they will have some technical reason that my cancellation again is not acceptable.
Entity: Prove, Utah
Jan 14 2016
Vivint  Poor customer service/follow up worse ever Provo, Utah
Vivint Sercurity services is a total rip off. Their cusomer service is horrible!  Sales representative did not want to come do a face to face meeting. A trusted family member had nothing but good things to say about the service they received. My system was installed 1 week and I received a bill for the next month, and had just paid for the first month with installation.  We installed the security cameras also and one has been dead since 8 Aug 2012. I called Vivint about the problem the soonest they claimed they could get someone out was 21 Aug 2012. I told them that was unacceptable to have to wait two weeks. The customer service rep talked to a tech scheduled an appointment for Wednesday 15 Aug between 9-11 am. Guess what no one shows or calls. When I call the customer service number  at 11:15 am, their excuse was oh we don't show an appointment for the 15 of Aug. This is totally unacceptable! They just cost me a day of work!!!!!! The representative promised someone would call me back today 15 August. It is now 5:32 EST and you guessed they have not called me back yet!!!!! I will not recommend Vivint services to anyone. One of the worse mistakes I have ever made.
Vivint  Billing Errors - always customer's fault, Internet
Vivint has made numerous billing errors. This is our most recent... Tech came to work on alarm.  I paid in full with check.  (Check was perfectly good).  Vivint decides the tech is taking too long so they bill my credit card -- oh, yea, when they do this they label it a delinquent account. The equipment is not up to par either.  We have had close to 10 equipment malfunctions resulting in notices from the city and fines.  We never had this problem with our other company.  I so regret going with Vivint.
Entity: , Internet
Vivint APX Deceptive Practices and refusal to cancel contract Provo, Utah
In July of 2012 I called Vivint/APX corporate offices in an attempt to cancel my contract. I was advised to submit this request in writing and to include my account number and security password to verify legitimacy of the request. No cancellation. In August 2012 I called to verify receipt of my request and was told it had not been received but an alternative method of e-mailing the request was a legitimate and acceptable alternative. No cancellation. In October and November of this year I made phone calls to again request cancellation and was told that my contract had been automatically renewed and that the window for affecting a cancellation had expired and ther was nothing I could do but payoff the balance of the contract or transfer to an unsuspecting friend, neighbor or relative. In other words, unscrupulous and deceptive practices. To further complicate matters, the financial institution to which I have entrusted my financial stability for 52 years has refused to cooperate with me and has chosen to refuse any request for stopping automatic withdrawals. But that's another pending ripoff report complaint.
Jan 12 2016
apx home alarm vivint home alarm ripoffs provo, Utah
January 20th  I had Apx install a home security alarm, Then In September of the same year the pannel froze up and I had the company here to repair it and found out that it had never been working because I had vonage phone service and their system wouldnt work through them so they had to install a reciever box so it would work, So that was nine months That I paid them for services I never had but they wouldnt refund any money to me(amounting to $ 450.00) I was on a five year contract with them.   December 10th I opened up an account with a new  security company and sent a cancellation notice with vivnt, the company that apx emerged with.Well vivnt called me on the phone and told me I was legally bound to them for two more years, They told me that I did not get my services in 2007 They said it was 2009 so  I faxed them a copy of my 2007 contract and they sent me back there copy that said 2009  Thay had changed 2007 to 2009 but I still have my copy and I plan on  bringing this to the attention of the better business bureau.I am 73 years old and having hard times, How can they look at them selves in the face cheating me like this.          RIPOFFS
Entity: provo, Utah
Vivint Alarm  Don't expect to cancel alarm service easily, Internet
We have had Vivint for a number of years. I called last year and spoke with a rep about cancelling the service since we placed our house on the market. I was told our contract went through Sept, but could transfer the account with no problem to the new owners. No big deal since Sept was only a few months away. Forward to Nov of the following year, we sell the house. I call Vivint and inform them that we have sold, we have provided the information to the new owners, but wanted to cancel the contract. Lo and behold, the contract was automatically renewed for another year. If the new owners do not transfer the account, we have to pay the cancellation fee. This was NEVER mentioned in the two or three times I called. Each time, it was transfer the account and it will be fine. I contacted the company about this intitial and the only option is to transfer it to someone else or pay the fee. That's it. I have used three other alarm services in the past and when we went to cancel the account, there were no problems. I understand the initial contract period to ensure the company receives the cost to install the alarm - but automatically lenthening the contract and entire year is a RIPOFF!!!
Entity: , Internet
VIVINT  After written notice won't turn off system Omaha, Nebraska
Vivint, Is a home alarm system which has changed there name numerous times. Each time they changed the only way I knew was a new sign in my yard.  I was never given the opportunity to sign any new contracts. They just kept taking the money from my account.  Started with them in 2007 with a 2 year contract. We finally decided that we wanted to cancel this service in 2011. We called and they told us that our contract was not fulfilled and we would have to pay over $200.00 dollars to get it turned off. We chose to stay until the contract expired.  They said April.  We called several times after and each time we still had not fulfilled our contact, but they would not give us the day.  In October of 2012 I sent a letter and made a phone call to this company and asked that the service be terminated.  Nothing happened. Note we had told the Bank the cancel the auto payment.  On November 2nd, Vivint called our home. There was a problem with our account. They had been unable to get the payment from my account.  I told them I had cancelled on 10-19-12.  Well, now I was too late to cancel my account because my contract has already been renewed. I couldn't cancel until April of 2013.   They refuse to make any exceptions.  So they are going to require $42.xx a month until April. I call it stealing. I don't want this product. It was never installed properly and we had to error around 2 sites. We really only had access to Fire and Resue and if that was never utilized.  In addition, I now have to pay another year of city requirements to be tied into the Fire and Resue. So I am over 45 dollar a month. To me this is Organized Crime.  They are preying on the customer using made up new contracts for the dates they assign. And when you want to cancel they won't let you.
Entity: Omaha, Nebraska
Vivint APX alarm Unable to cancel Provo, Utah
I called and advised them I wanted to cancel the motnh my contract ended, the auto renewed it inspite of this information and multiple calls and discussions with reps and supervisors have been unaffective.  They continue to bill me, now up to $200+ dollars after thier own notes say I did not want the service and my contract ended.
Mar 03 2016
Vivint Keep charging after contract terminated provo Utah
My contract was up December 2015.  I jumped through all the hoops and sent all the necessary paperwork.  I even had PROOF that everything was done.  I had fulfilled original contract and did not want to extend.  Come Jan 2016 they charged me.  I called and spent HOURS on the phone for them to realize the mistake was theirs and they refunded.    BUT WAIT, they charged AGAIN  Feb 2016.  Called AGAIN, and again several hours on the phone.  Was told I had to speak the original person that cancelled account, and they would have to send email.    NEVER heard from him.  SO called AGAIN and HOURS later, supposedly have it resolved.    First I am not sure why I have to cancel services once a contract has ended.  If I fulfill the contract I should no longer be charged unless I am in a new contract.   Second, customer service is a joke.  Almost every phone call gets disconnected.  You are transferred to so many different people.  No one has direct extensions and no one ever returns phone call.   I see on their facebook page that this is NORMAL for them.  I really feel ANOTHER class action lawsuit needs to happen with this company.
Entity: provo, Utah
Apr 20 2017
Vivint Lied about a trial period Utah
 There was a salesman that came door to door. He told us that we could try it for 30 days and if we don't like the service, we can call and they will come and get their stuff. When we called, they tried to say that it was only a trial period of 3 to 5 days. I have text saying the guy lied but they wouldn't do anything. I also called the BBB and they said that i didn't have enough information for them to take care of it. It has caused me so much pain dealing with all of this. The guy lied to us. Now it is on my credit report. My credit report was good until this. We are trying to buy a home but these people did this. I want this resolved asap.
Mar 02 2017
Vivint Solar solar cooked. by poor suport Oregon
I first had my solar system install to cut down my electric bill. I remember the sale's person asking me if I could get cheaper electric bill, would I use my A/C more, I said sure. Few months later system installed. Not to the original drawings I agreed on.. The system was underrated and I was still hitting tear 3. Not as I was told how things would be. I was told I shouldn't see anything out of trar 1, maybe on hot months I may get tear 2.  I complaned to the company, only to get the same stander responce. We are sorry, nothing we can do, and the big responce You signed a contract.  A year goes by and my neighbor remeber me complaning about my solar system and said a sales person came by to drum up more installs. My neighbor told him about my story. The sales person comes over and says he can help me, that he's sorry about what happen, that sales person is no longer working for them. he was willing to install more panels at no cost to me... Had to have a second credit check, witch doesn't make sence because if it doen't cost me anything, why have to run credit check? after all I should only be paying for the watts they produces.  I had to have a new 200 amp main circuitbreaker panel installed.  I really didn't want anything more to do with the company, I mean I really dislike the company, after a few hours and two days of saying no, i finally gave in. Had to sign a second contract for the second set of panels. Keep in mind each time they are the ones that get reiburst each time by the goverment. You have to sign that right away. I think thats how they are double dipping from the goverment. Same house, but they claim it as a second system.   Day of install. Again panels are not as I aproved and not matching the first set of panels. Ask agent why am getting an different layout and different set of panels compaired to the ones I just had installed a little over a year ago.  said someone changed the plans that this layout is better for my house. I can't help but wonder what hads changed on my roof from when the first so called engineer called for the layout I aproved. I had to fight to get the work done as I was told. after the repairs was completed when the rains came it flooded there box with the sending units, each month i was getting a gustamet bill. It took about a year of me calling and trying to get someone to repair te system. I told them I wanted the panels off my roof because they broke the contract by not providing a fully operational system as designed. from this company I got no suport from billing, maintence people was quitting and repair request falling between cracks. Finally system working, the electric bill was more then I can pay. I asked if I can make payments, they said they can split the bill into two payments. I said no way I can afford that. I asked to have panels temporarily turn off until i can pay off my bill. They said that i signed a contract. I told them according to my understanding I am a utility company. I sould have to flowing the same set of rules as any other person that can't pay the bill. power gets cut off until paid in full.  custmer service is unwilling to work with you. only thing they care about is money. It feels like they are extorting me
Entity: Oregon
Jan 18 2016
VIVINT APX home security systems Military Beware of VIVINT! Locks you in 4 year contract  Killeen, Texas
If you are military beware of Vivint home security, they will thank you for your service but kick you in the**** if you need to cancel. The contract only mentions cancellation procedures initiated by VIVINT. They do NOT have a military clause!!!!       After over 2 years of service with VIVINT (formerly known as APX alarms) we received military orders to relocate, so we called  customer service to request cancellation of services. We were informed that we needed to submit a copy of our military orders and a written and signed request for cancellation, and services would be cancelled as of the date on the orders. We submitted the information via e-mail but when we followed up 5 days later they claimed they had not received any of the documentation. We sent the information a second time to 2 different e-mails and were told we had to wait atleast 2 days for the information to post to our account. On the third day we called back to verify that the documents were received and that the cancellation was in progress only to be told that they only received 1 of the documents. At that time we submitted the missing document to the customer service representative that was with us on the phone so that she could confirm receipt of the document and she did.        After 2 weeks of going back and forth with customer service and the account resolution department we believed services would be cancelled as of the date on the military orders, instead later that day  we received a voice mail from someone named Andrew stating that in order for us to cancel our services now we had to provide something stating that we were living in housing or an apartment that did not allow the installation of security services. The problem is that we are currently living in a hotel until further notice and can NOT provide that. When we tried to call Andrew back to the number and extension he provided on the voicemail,within 30 minutes of his message, he had left for the holiday weekend so we had to wait until the following Tuesday. We were informed over the phone that that their were no managers in the office and no one other than Andrew could help us.       On Tuesday when we spoke to Andrew and inquired about their military clause Andrew told us that they do not have a military clause and that this request for us to provide additional documentation was simply a courtesy to us.          We had VIVINT for a bit over 2 years, never had a late or missed payment, and had no problems with them until this. It is truly a dissappointment that this is how they choose to treat the military. We have never had a business NOT honor military orders for relocation.                              This is how they truly thank us for our service!!!
Entity: Killeen, Texas
Jan 18 2016
Vivint.  Vivint Security 4931 North 300 West  BEWARE: WATCH OUT FOR YOURSELF & THE ELDERLY!!! Provo, Utah
Please be aware! In the Federal Hill area of South Baltimore a young man identified himself as Rep: Cameron Carlson to my husband yesturday and asked if we had ADT. He was according to my husband pitching his company while slamming ADT. My husband told him he would speak w/ me & get back to him. He later asked me if I had ever heard of the 2nd largest security system in the country? I told him it sounded fishy but when I got a chance I will research & let him know if we would switch as we have an outdated alarm but still decent & fully functional w/ ADT already. Today I got a knock on my door around 2pm which I opened the 2nd floor window to answer as we do live in the city & I do not as a rule allow any strangers into nor will I open a door for anyone simply because they have I.D. My husband has been a Police Officer since 1984. This can be a very violent City & I am not a volunteer victim. He told me that he would upgrade my entire existing system *free of charge & I would pay only around $49.50/month for monitoring. I explained that my husband was not home but gave his cell and asked him to call him around 6pm on his cell. I then looked at the Contract he had collected my husband's full name, address & phone number AND he had already written a contract stating the following - GO! Control & Siren 1@ $699.00 subtotal $699.00, but no charge to us, 6 door/window @ $60.00/each but again no charge, hand written Glass Break 1 @$200.00; subtotal 1@$200 & no charge for total price, as well as 1 warranty hand written again for a price & subtotal of $200 but zero total price to us. Also throw in a $198 Installation Charge, $198 subtotal & o total price. So, the total price before any monthly monitoring was $1657.00, the subtotal was $1657.00. Yet the proce is somehow zero. Per my conversation w/ him totay EVERYTHING WAS FREE BUT MONITORING... FOR A LOCKED IN, IRON CLAD & 42 MONTHS!!! NO WAY. I don't even know them nor have I ever heard of them yet I was actually going to be bullied into this? NOTHING felt right. Why a contract w/ just a conversation? Why the 4 trips in only 2 days yet no calls (althow he told my husband he was Morman & perhaps they have rules about cell phones I am not aware of?) Had this been handed to an elderly person to sighn they probably would and I have a very hard time as being in sales for 15 years myself with ANY company that slams their competitor, announces they are the 2nd largest Co in the US & goes door to door soo aggressively. He told me another story today. Absolutely zero charge for all of the above & we only pay for instullation as our alarm is so out of date. Instead of calling my husband's cellphone at 6pm he stopped by & we didn't answer the door he returned again at 8pm and again we didn't answer the door. BEWARE of ANY COMPANY THAT LOCKS YOU INTO A 42 MONTH CONTRACT! Sells by slamming a compeditor, or changes any part of any oral or written agreement on 2nd visit. The choice is yours. I DECLINE! Too Pushy & this young man talks fast & could easily get a signature from an elderly or not well educated person just by talking about things that are simply not true. Or degrade your current equiptment as opposed to telling me why theirs can help fulfill my needs better. I have a terrible feeling that there will be many homes w/ new alarm systems they My husband asked him if he worked for ADT & he hesitated bit then said no. Positive experiences equal positive companies that do not slam or claim to be an affilliate of the competition. 4 trips to my home in 2 days is DESPIRATE. Thankfully we are not. BEWARE!!! I am quite certain he will be back again tomorrow.... Don't Sighn anything ever unless your comfortable & take the time to actually read it or have it explained to you. This is a contract, not just some notes. Be aware Baltimore!
Jan 13 2016
Vivint APX, VIVINT, INC. AFTER WRITTEN NOTICE STILL WON'T CANCEL CONTRACT PROVO, Utah
All the reports that this company fights you canceling your contract must be true. It happened to me.  I knew I had to give written notice 30 days prior to my contract canceling.  The contract is not 3 years or 36 months it is 39 months.  I started the process in May when the contract was canceling in September.  I called to tell them that I was canceling the contract they put me through to a person that tries to get you to stay.  Finally they tell me I can email a request to ar@vivint.com when I called back to make sure they got it they said they didn't and now to send it to support@vivint.com.  I sent it again.  I know they got it because I listed to part of an VM that was trying to sell me again - they won't take no for an answer. Since I had complied according to the contract and sent written notice I didn't think about it until my credit card was charged.  I called to tell them to take it off and they said my contract had renewed and basically too bad.  This man says they never got anything in writing which I knew was a lie because of the VM left. When I asked to speak to a manager he said he was the manager.  When I asked to speak to someone higher he said they don't answer phones. I hit the ceiling!  I had done everything required.  Now they say it has to be a hand signed email.  This company is evil and I don't know how they sleep, I really don't.   This is not over.  As much as I hate class actions - I hope an attorney sues them and gets it class actioned.
Entity: PROVO, Utah
Jan 14 2016
Vivint Celluar Home Security Vivint Very stressful ,misleading Provo Utah
Vivint sounds like a good product. Its sales personnel are very likable  and personable . They are very good at what they do- sell . Many things dont add up especially if you are being offered their home security for free. Free is not free and often ends up costing  the buyer in some way . Remember Buyer Beware are not just words but a warning - don' t trust or   be swayed .
Jan 12 2016
Vivint Vivint Alarms Pressure Sales on the Elderly and False Billing Claims Calgary, AB, Manitoba Canada
Please be very cautious when dealing with these door to door pressure sales people. They will give you every story and tend to put alot of pressure to sign a contract for 3 years and lock you in. Especially the elderly and those who do not speak english very well. My mother was suckered into this service at a very costly monthly rate and we could not get out of this for 3 years. Once you try and cancell the service, be sure to notify them buy phone, e-mail, mail and also be sure to put stop payments on your account as they will continue to withdraw your cash. There are several other great alarm service companies that have just as good services for half the price. Do not get pressured into Vinint high pressure sales tactics. Never sign on any dotted lines until you have researched all your options and alternative Alarm providers.
Entity: Calgary, AB, Manitoba
Jan 10 2017
Vivint smart home Vivint smart home fraud Nationwide
Company will sell service to you but does not show up for install. I have had scheduled appointments that I took off work for only to have them not show. They will have scheduling dept robo call you to put you on hold for indefinite periods I usually hang up after 20 minutes I am canceling do to fact never recieved full install and lost hundreds of dollars in lost wages for nothing avoid this company at all costs
72, Report #1291946
Mar 06 2016
Vivint Vivint Sky System just doesn't work Salt Lake City Utah Nationwide
I've had the Vivint Sky system now for two years and have continued problems with it.  What was sold was not able to be delivered.  Problems include cameras that don't stay on-line, thermostats the go through batteries every month, door locks that go through batteriers, changing features (mostly removing features - like Weather Channel display on panel is now gone, setting to disarm system when unlocking at door is no longer available, and others), and continuous problems with the website for remote access (can't see cameras, unsupported browsers, no smartphone access).
Feb 24 2017
Vivint, Vivint security Worst lying, cheating company i have ever done business with! Provo, UT Nationwide
Started wth Vivint after they came to my house one evening.  Nice enough.  First clue should have been them installing immediately.   Problem after problem with equipment.  Mostly because they had to use boosters to get signal throughout my home.  Finally got it working after 2 months.   Tried to cancel after week 3 and was told we could only cancell within 3 days of install.   Told the crappy panels by doors would be upgraded in 3 weeks and they would come replace. Never happened afer repeated calls, I gave up.   These panels do not tell you if alarm is going off, or the area in which the alarm is going off.  They are useless except for arming or disarming.   Now my sensors are not working.  Sent out a really nice guy to fix this, but he cannot put a in frame sensor in my front door because it is a double door.  There is not enough room to drill for the sensor.  The only other option is two large white boxes.  One on each side of the door frame (Middle of the double doors)    I told them that would look hideous and I wouldn't let him put in my home.    We called company together (second time).  The loyalty guy told the installer to put in a glass break or motioon detector and forget putting a sensor on the door.  Problem is 1.  Glass break will not sound if door is opened and 2. Motion detector is no good on with people in the home. (ie: at night)  So neither is a good option.  The installer explained this to the guy and he told the installer, They cannot cancel a contract because one piece of equiptment is not working.   When I asked for a refund for the month because several sensors were not working, I was told I would get a partial refund only for the sensors not working.  What BS is that!  I guess we just throw the dice and hope they try to break in through the doors/windows that the sensors actually work?    Sick of this company and all the crap.  Finding a lawyer and taking them for some of the $2 Billion they are apperantly worth!
Jun 10 2017
vivint vivint home security contract bait and switch tactics Provo Nationwide
DO NOT USE VIVINT THEY ARE LIARS AND CROOKS. I lost my job and called Vivint to ask when my contract was over because that would be one less bill to pay especially at 60.99 per month. The very nice man offered to lower my bill by 15.00 a month that would make my bill 45.99. He kept going on and on about that this would extend the WARRENTY 3 or 4 times that when he read a blurb about extending the contract 36 months I didn’t hear that - I heard warranty, and I did agree to the warranty being extended 36 months NOT THE CONTRACT. This is a bait and switch tactic. The system is old and not working, the alarm keeps going off for loss of power and lost sensor. I only have 1 camera on because even with the phone help we cannot get this old one on line. They sent me batteries so that I could fix it myself with telephone help, exactly what am I paying 60.99 a month for? I AM CANCELLING MY CONTRACT. I actually called to renegotiate a lower bill and stay with Vivint even with the crappy equipment but not now, not after being hung up on 3 times when being “transferred” and being lied to. So here’s the numbers: The lowered my bill by 14.99 for 12 months saving me 179.88. They added 36 months on my expired contract costing me 2195.64 Wow I saved 179.88 just to pay 2195.64??? I don’t think so, this is predatory!!! DIRTY SECRET, THEY DON’T MONITOR YOUR SYSTEM, THEY PAY ALARM.COM 4.50 A MONTH TO DO THAT AND THEY POCKET THE DIFFERENCE IN MY CASE 56.49 A MONTH FOR OLD DEFUNK SYSTEM AND EQUIPMENT THAT I HAVE TO MAINTAIN MYSELF.
Aug 16 2017
Vivint Vivint Home Security Worst Customer Service Ever-Can't get out of your Contract Provo Utah
Worst customer service ever?  Never deal with this company, they won't let you out of your contract.  I had to sign for 6 years and had problems from day one with faulty inept installation technicians, false alarms, faulty products and ridiculous hold times when you have to call the customer service center.  I fussed and fussed and they do not care. Tried to get out of the contract after complaining and complaining and still have over a year to pay them on my 6 year contract.  Speaking to managers and Supervisors does not help, they do not care.  They do not listen to recordings to ensure quality.  I will tell everyone about this company and would never recommend them.  They are a total scam and ripoff to not let you out of your contract when you have problem after problem because of their company and technicians.  I hate that I have over a year to keep paying these bastards!!!!  Do not deal with this expensive ripoff company, get a wireless system for less than half of what I pay now.  They are horrible.

Approximately 243 Reports Found