X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Rickey — KINGSPORT United States
  • Rigid tool 192 flanary st. KINGSPORT, Tennessee United States

Rigid tool Warranty department Rigid did not honor my life time warranty, that i registered on line. KINGSPORT Tennessee

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

Over 2 months ago, I took my hammer drill that I bought in 2010 , at home depot back. When I bought it I took it home and registered it on line. It was a good drill , for about 8 years. Then it stopped working.

I took it back to home depot, they sent it to be repaired. They told me it would take about 8 weeks. Well after 10 weeks I called them, they said they couldn't fix it. So I expected a new one in its place, that's why I bought it the life time warranty.

So the place that fixes the drill told me I had to call rigid to confirm that I bought it. I said what the heck, so I called the warranty place at rigid. They told me I didn't finish my warranty, because I didn't mail them my receipt for the drill.

What the heck was going on I thought. They kept telling me I didn't finish my warranty. And that it only made my drill have a three year warranty. I told them, that wasn't right. They didn't care.

The point being if the life time warranty wasn't going to be honored, then I wouldn't have bought it in the first place. I thought I was being ripped off. When I registered the hammer drill on line it never asked me to mail no receipt back.

It told me I was registered. Oh yes the warranty at rigid said I had registered, but didn't finish it. Well I hate to tell you. Home depot has a copy of my receipt. So I think that rigid is falsely giving warranty to people. To get them to by there products. And when my solar business takes off, well rigid, plus home depot can not look forward not to my business.

It's sad that America has company's that takes advantage of Americans like me. All they had to do was honor there warranty. I mean what kind of place would United States be if we warranted things to other countries and ripp them off like rigid done me. I would hate to think what would happen.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2019 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rigid-tool/kingsport-tennessee-37660/rigid-tool-warranty-department-rigid-did-not-honor-my-life-time-warranty-that-i-registe-1470727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair