X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Rip factory - Belfast

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Exeter Other
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Rip factory The Old Throne Hospital, 244 Whitewell Road Belfast, United Kingdom

Ripfactory DOES NOT DELIVER GOODS AFTER PAYMENT MADE UPFRONT The Old Throne Hospital ripoff Belfast Northern Ireland

*UPDATE Employee: This is why I resigned

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

Originally our plan was to establish a new business to provide a commercial CD Ripping' service in the UK. In order to accomplish this we identified a company (Rpfactory Ltd) based in Belfast, Northern Ireland to provide us with the necessary hardware and software.

After initially contacting them via email on the 9th September 2006 and engaging in an initial telephone dialogue, I personally visited their office on the 27th September.

During this visit I received a demonstration of their hardware and software coupled with several hours of discussion relative to the CD Ripping business as a whole.

Further to this visit, I had several email and telephone conversations with their Managing Director - Patrick McGrath to satisfy myself that the product they were selling met with the objectives of my new business venture.

We agreed to purchase one initial' machine on Thursday 12th October on the basis that the machine would be delivered to us within 10 working days. It should be pointed out here that I has questioned the length of the delivery period and was to an extent' satisfied that their reasons for this somewhat lengthy period was down to testing and quality assurance'.

Patrick McGrath insisted that payment for the hardware and software (a total of 5287.50 including VAT) needed to be made prior to shipment and therefore we mailed them them a cheque, which they received and banked on Friday 13th October 2006.

This cheque cleared on Wednesday 18th October 2006.

I request an ETA from Patrick McGrath on Tuesday 17th October 2007 via email and was told that his colleague Simon Shirlow would provide me with FTP details so that I could download the software and Patrick would get back to me with a delivery date.

I wasn't given FTP access to the software until Monday 30th October 2006 close on two weeks after being promised.

During the ensuing two month numerous emails and telephone calls were made to Patrick McGrath chasing delivery of the hardware whereupon every excuse under the sun was provided for non delivery. (Please note that I have copies of emails sent and received).

Finally on December 18th after having waited for two months for the machine to arrive I cancelled the order both verbally and via email and requested a full refund of the 5287.50 by return.

Patrick McGrath responded via email stating that he accepted my reasons for cancellation and he would refund the money paid.

Since this time I have had numerous telephone and email conversations with Patrick McGrath vis a vis the refund.

Originally I was told that a cheque had been sent to me albeit 2/3 weeks later on January 11th 2007.

The cheque never arrived whereupon I requested immediate payment via the BACS payment method. Patrick McGrath agreed to make this payment via BACS via email on 15th January 2007. When this payment had not arrived by Monday 22nd January I emailed him yet again in an attempt to find out why the funds had not been received. At this time he stated that he would put a trace' on the transfer although I heard nothing for several days.

We spoke on the phone during Wednesday 24th January whereupon Patrick McGrath stated that he would reissue the BACS transfer even though I had previously requested the payment via CHAPS which is a same day payment system. Again he stated this had happened but by Monday 5th February nothing had been received.

On Tuesday 6th February Patrick McGrath emailed me stating that he had had the 2nd BACS payment cancelled and returned to their account whereupon he would immediately request payment to be sent via CHAPS.

Today is Monday 19th and still no payment has been received even though payment was also promised to my lawyers after proceedings were issued.

SUMMARY

Throughout my dealings with Patrick McGrath even prior to the refund issue he has consistently lied. The primary reason in fact for the original order cancellation was because I felt he could not be trusted given the numerous excuses he had provided over their failure to deliver.

Moreover, I have had a number of conversations with Ripfactory customers and suppliers who have also expressed concern. The experience decribed by the lady from New Zealand for example on this site is virtually identical to my own.

I feel strongly that McGrath is taking money from customers on false pretences as he has no intention of delivering machines. No doubt the monies taken have been used to pay salaries and overheads.

Paul
Exeter
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2007 05:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rip-factory/belfast-bt36-7es/ripfactory-does-not-deliver-goods-after-payment-made-upfront-the-old-throne-hospital-ripof-239638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

POSTED: Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I recently had a transaction with this company. Although there were issues with excessive delivery times due to a change in model, I found them to be solution oriented and the product excellent. Tech support is very good.

This is why I resigned

AUTHOR: Simon - (United Kingdom)

POSTED: Saturday, April 21, 2007

This, and unpaid wages.

I was lied to continually about the status of this order, right up until it was published on this site.

I had been told on numerous occasions, face to face, that these monies had been refunded.

Lies and dishonesty.

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair