Complaint Review: Ritchie Brothers Auction - Nashville Tennessee

• Reported By: Frank — Louisville Kentucky United States
  • Ritchie Brothers Auction

Nashville, Tennessee
    United States

I bought a bucket truck from Ritchie Brothers auction in Nashville in late Dec. Described as runs and drives. Had it shipped to me. As we were trying to get it started ( Battery was dead, That was stated)  The driver said "it does need a motor"  It did start, 1 minute  in NO OIL PRESSURE, and KNOCKING HORRIBLY....

I called and emailed, got an email back to say "IT was OK according to our lot guys"  I emailed a higher authorithy, got shuffled around to three polite people. Had to call them again to get the same answer. Sorry NO help.

I am highly dissatisdied with my purchase and how this was handeled. I expect a "reputable"??? company to stand behind what they advertise. Looking at a 6000 dollar expense that i was not needing to spend

Upon futrther inspection, the upper controls have been stripped out and the batteries and cables removed . Also not described.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2018 07:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ritchie-brothers-auction/nashville-tennessee/ritchie-brothers-auction-sold-a-vehicle-not-matching-their-description-nashville-tennesse-1422739. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
1Employee/Owner

This is for the ritiche brothers

AUTHOR: Consumer - (United States)

please contact Ripoffreport and ask to speak to Bogart the reput guy Bogart he can help you in a very unique way,  he can help your company and he gets results

Please gather the correct facts

AUTHOR: Frank - (United States)

I contacted 4 different reps from your organization by being passed around. This is the second time that I have heard that someone tried to contact me. I did not get this message that I " did not respond to". Actually, I spoke to a rep after that message. He once again said they were going to do nothing to help out with a blown up motor. I stand by my origional statement. Ritchie Bros. mis-represented this truck, and will do nothing to help the customer. Hard to believe that a company as large as Ritchie Bros does not offer a single thing to soften the pain of being taken. I am in the customer service business. I see now how easy it is to take good care of every customer.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response to complaint regarding bucket truck from Ritchie Bros. auction in Nashville

AUTHOR: Ritchie Bros. - (Canada)

Ritchie Bros. works very diligently to provide customers all necessary equipment information. The integrity of our selling process is extremely important to us and we never withhold relevant equipment information prior to auction.

Our notes on this item did not include a “knocking” sound or low oil level. If it did, we would have announced any such information prior to sale. We did not misrepresent this truck to buyers. Our representative attempted to contact you to further discuss the matter, but did not receive a response.