X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Robert Revelle - El Cid Vacation Resort Mazatlan Mexico - Mazatlan Sinaloa

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Ontario California
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Robert Revelle - El Cid Vacation Resort Mazatlan Mexico Av. Camaron Sabalo Mazatlan, Sinaloa Mexico
  • Phone: 951-277-3121

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

We met Robert Revelle at El Moro Resort in Mazatlan,Mexico in 2008 at a timeshare presentation. He said he had a real estate license in California and was an ex-NFL football player. We told him we already owned a timeshare and didn't want any debt. He said that if we purchased a timeshare that he would rent it out each year for the Super Bowl and send us the money. He stated that this was something he does every year. He told us that each unit sells for $2000.00 per night so if we got a two unit timeshare we would get $28,000 and pay off the entire debt by the end of January with a little extra to spend. We would only have to make one payment of $142.00 in January before we got our check. He used the Bank of America to finance the $14,000 and the other $6400.00 was financed by Caribe Paradise Trust II.

He even had copies of checks he supposedly sent to other owners whose units he had rented out the same way. He said that we would get a $2000.00 check in November for down payment of the unit and the rest in January. I even spoke with Robert Revelle in November and he assured us that everything was moving along as promised and guaranteed us that our money would be coming in January.

We called in January and left numerous messages for Robert Revelle but he never return any calls and then we were told that he no longer works at EL Cid El Morro. Do not allow yourself to be sucked in by an unscrupulous person like Robert Revelle. We were suckers and are now stuck with a huge debt that we don't know if we can get out from under. We will notify the California State Attorney Generals office and also RCI and Interval International to alert them about the type of resorts they are recommending for their clients. Also the Bank of America so they can beware of who they are doing business with in addition to the Mexican authorities in the State of Sinoloa. We have also notified EL Cid Vacation Resorts Inc. about the fraudulent business practices of its timeshare sales representatives.

Lp
Ontario, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2009 08:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/robert-revelle-el-cid-vacation-resort-mazatlan-mexico/mazatlan-sinaloa/robert-revelle-el-cid-el-moro-timeshare-resort-fraudulent-business-practices-scam-to-415113. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Deby - (United States)

POSTED: Wednesday, October 31, 2018

I've spent a lot of money and i was scammed by other companies trying to cancel my timeshare.
My advice is that if you're going to hire a company to help you with the problem, DO NOT PAY ANYTHING UPFRONT, because it use to be a fraud.
I did a research on internet and i found some interesting articles, i recommend you to read this one:

Resolved

AUTHOR: Lp - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, November 04, 2009

The issue with El Cid has been resolved.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Please read my report I posted on 8/6/09 as another of El Cid's victims!

AUTHOR: Scam Victim - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Sunday, August 09, 2009

I hope my report will give you some suggestions to continue to fight your case of timeshare fraud. You have been victimized by El Cid as we were. You need to know they are capable of criminal tactics to keep you in this financial glue trap.

Don't trust ANYTHING they SAY as their deceptive business practices speak volumes as seen in the numerous reports about them. Get anything and everything in writing. They are very clever at stringing people along.

Keep fighting against this scam. They need to be exposed!

EL CID Vacation Club - Mazatlan - NO Response

AUTHOR: Lp - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, February 06, 2009

I contacted a Benjamin Goon at the customer service desk and he stated that he would look into the problem. He said he would contact the Managers and try to resolve the issue. I have not heard from anyone since. Frank Fallon the other person that was present during our timeshare presentation has not returned any calls. If anyone can give me contact numbers of people in Mexico that I can call to report this scam to, I would appreciate it.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair