Complaint Review: Rockin' Dogs Resort

• Rockin' Dogs Resort
    375 West 800 North
    Orem, Utah
    United States of America

Rockin' Dogs Resort Prepare to be lied to, stolen from, and yelled at. Orem, Utah

I have waited to write a review on this business until the dispute we filed with our credit card company was completed. I had reserved a space for my dog for spring break of this year. The cost for boarding for the week was about $210, with another $40 for immunizations to be given to the dog upon arrival.

Sometime after the time I reserved the space I happened across the reviews and was immediately concerned about boarding my dog there. I called to cancel. He told me there was a 50% cancellation fee. This had never been explained to me when I reserved the kennel. I balked at the idea having never received any sort of email confirmation or signed any kind of contract agreeing to pay this. He completely flipped out. The yelling, ranting, and overall horrible rudeness was something I have never before encountered with any business I have dealt with in my life.

I demanded to talk with the owner. While keeping me on the phone he made a very long and absolutely rediculous "pretend" phone call to the owners explaining to them about the situation, then told me they weren't available for me to talk with myself.

Throughout the conversation there was only one question I wanted answered. How much of the $250 was going to be refunded? He would not answer. Instead he ranted on and on and on. FINALLY he told me it should amount to about $110 for boarding and another $40 for the immunizations not given. I was at the point where I'd rather lose the $100 than risk boarding my dog with him.

The email he told me would with the itemizations of the fees never appeared. Surprise surprise. He never credited us back the $150. We finally took it up with the credit card company and all he would agree to was $112. We have still not seen the money.

This guy is a liar, a thief, and seems VERY mentally unstable. He insists the bad reviews come from his competitors. Trust me, they don't.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2012 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rockin-dogs-resort/orem-utah-/rockin-dogs-resort-prepare-to-be-lied-to-stolen-from-and-yelled-at-orem-utah-888226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content