What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair

Complaint Review: Royal Resorts - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: travelbugg123 — Bristol Virginia United States of America
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I purchased a seven night vacation at The Royal Cancun during a timeshare presentation for Royal Resorts (aka: Interval Servicing Co ). Upon returning home from vacation 5 days later, I went online and discovered I was charged double the rate to stay at this resort.
I immediately contacted customer service and cancelled my stay at The Royal Cancun and Contacted Visa to dispute the $375 down payment I was charged. I was assured by Royal Resorts that my account would be cancelled, I would owe nothing and receive my down payment back. A month later I received a bill in the mail from Royal Resorts.
 I contacted customer service again and was assured it was only a mistake and I owed nothing, at this time they mailed a letter to me showing my account was closed and my account balance is $0. I begin to think I am finally out of this scam until a month later when Visa calls to inform me that my down payment still has not been refunded.
I call customer service again and again and keep getting the run around and am told someone will call me back (which never happened). Upon my last call to customer service they finally tell me they have no plans on refunding the down payment I made.
I now have to go through the Better Business Bureau to try to get my money back from this scam. Please beware Royal Resorts cares nothing about there customers and only about ripping people off!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2011 08:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/royal-resorts/internet/royal-resorts-interval-servicing-co-royal-resorts-is-the-royal-rip-off-internet-767128. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

Cancel Telephonic

AUTHOR: Pablo NLV - (USA)

POSTED: Saturday, September 02, 2017

I have owned timeshares for more than 25 years, and I have NEVER heard of anyone successfully canceling a timeshare in Mexico through telephonic conversation.  Most timeshare contracts require cancellation either by REGISTERED MAIL or by physically returning to the sales office within 5 business days.  The exact address for sending a cancellation request REGISTERED MAIL appears in your contract documentation.  A few timeshare operations allow for cancellation by email, but the vast majority do not.

If I understand your complaint correctly, you purchased vacation time at an agreed to rate, and later found another organization providing the same type unit during the same days at a reduced rate.