X  |  CLOSE

• Updated:
  • Reported By: Alison — Columbus United States
  • Rushmore Energy

United States

Rushmore Energy Called and wanted to get my electric utilties account number

Received a call from a man who explained he was from my electric provider, and wanted to see if a rate discount I was scheduled to receive had gone through. He asked me to find a copy of my bill. I asked if he was from Columbia Gas, and he said he was from Columbia Gas Partners, part of "the energy consortium Columbia Gas signed you up for when you first started service".

We went back and forth for a bit, and he insisted that while I have been getting a bill from Columbia Gas, I have actually been receiving electricity from his company (when I pushed him he told me the company name was Rushmore Energy). I pointed out that my electric service comes from AEP, and he didn't miss a beat, insisting that AEP had contracted with Rushmore, since AEP also did not actually provide any utilities itself. He had my name and address, and just needed my account number to confirm my discount. .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2018 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rushmore-energy/-/rushmore-energy-called-and-wanted-to-get-my-electric-utilties-account-number-1461557. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content