Complaint Review: Ryder TRS - Austin Las Vegas

• Updated:
  • Reported By:
  • Ryder TRS

Austin, Las Vegas

I was making plans to move my household goods from Austin TX to Las Vegas NV. I made a reservation over the internet, and called the day before I flew into Austin to make sure they had my truck ready for me. They assured me they had plenty of trucks. I arrived at their office first thing Saturday morning. I was the first customer there, but mysteriously, now there were no trucks available. I had to cause a huge commotion in order to spur them into action, and miraculously, a truck appeared.

Next came the issue with the insurance. Their paperwork on the different sources of insurance was baffling at best. None of the people at the counter could explain the differences. Finally, after crossing out several options I picked one. I took the truck (which they gave me with no gas in it, then later charged me for returning it empty) and proceeded on my drive to Vegas.

Unfortunately along the way I had a minor collision with the truck. I misjudged the height of the overhang at a motel and caused slight damage to the truck and the motel overhang. However, having purchased the insurance and having my own liability, I felt assured that everything would be taken care of.

I returned the truck in Vegas and made all the appropriate calls to Ryder and my insurance. Nevertheless, I started receiving threatening phone calls and letters from their insurance people, Claims America Inc. In the mean time, Ryder was having a fine time putting unauthorized charges on my credit card. One was for $25, for "Cleaning out the little styrofoam balls from the back of the truck". I never used any styrofoam in my move!! How can this company randomly charge your credit card without your knowledge???

The final straw is now, after two months, after everything is supposedly settled, I receive a bill from Ryder for the full damages of the truck. They have covered themselves in their ambiguous contract so that no matter what you do, the insurance you purchase from them does not cover you. I repeat, no matter what you do, you will not be covered!!! And to top it off, I was charged administrative fees and additional fees for "lost revenue" while the truck was in the shop.

Why should I pay for insurance when later I will still have to pay for the damages in full, including admin fees and lost revenue fees???? And more importantly, if I'm to be held responsible for the repairs, why was I not afforded the opportunity to get my own estimates for body repair?

Ryder TRS is a fraudulent, scamming, unprofessional company that threatens their clients and charges their credit cards without their knowledge. DO NOT RENT FROM RYDER TRUCK!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ryder-trs/austin-las-vegas/ryders-insurance-is-worthless-adjusters-threaten-you-12609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

DAMAGE TO THE ROOF OF A RYDER TRUCK

AUTHOR: J - (U.S.A.)

TO THE WOMAN WHO SAYS SHE HAD TO PAY FOR THE DAMAGE TO THE ROOF IF SHE HAD READ HER CONTRACT IT SAY IAM RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO THE OVERHEAD OF THIS VEHICLE.

THEREFORE IF SHE HAD READ WHAT SHE SIGNED SHE WOULD HAVE KNOWN. IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT WHAT INSURANCE COMPANY IS GONNA COVER THAT BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE ARE NOT USED TO DRIVING BIG TRUCKS SO THEY DO WANT TO BE THE ONE THAT PAYS FOR IT.

SO WE HAVE TO MAKE IT THE CUSTOMERS RESPONSIBILITY.

WHEN MOST TRUCKS ARE RETURNED IF THEY HAVE DAMAGE TO THEM ITS ALMOST ALWAYS THE ROOF!!!

AND AS FAR AS THEM PRINTING ALL OF YOUR INFO ON THE CONTRACT ITS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY NOT TO LOSE THEM NOT OURS!!!!

over head damage

AUTHOR: Ryder employee - ()

The person who filed this rebuttal did not provide a legitimate name or valid e-mail address.

Rip-off Report will not reveal who you are and what your e-mail address is. No court in the land can make us reveal this information. However, we must insist on receiving this information to legitimize the accuracy of the situation when resolving these matters.

EDitor's Staff
staff@ripoffreport.com

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Poor business practice

AUTHOR: Brian - ()

Not only do they charge you, but they also print out your full credit card information on your contract. If you leave these papers in the truck, or anyplace else, anyone can get that info.