Complaint Review: Salvadore Spinelli - Dan Watkins - Peter Stalmo - Melville New York
- Salvadore Spinelli - Dan Watkins - Peter Stalmo CS 9018 Melville, New York U.S.A.
- Phone: 510-451-1939
- Category: Lawyers
Salvadore Spinelli, Dan Watkins, Peter Stalmo Dan Watkins illegally charged my debit card for over One Thousand dollars without my consent. Melville New York
*Consumer Comment: Here's a little help, ..You are afforded the same protection from harrassing phone calls
At that time after his attempt to turn me into the District Attorney he then demanded my attorneys name, which I informed him that I needed to speak to my attorney first to explain the situation to him and that I would have my attorney call him. I explained to Dan Watkins that I was out of town with my brother who was sick and when I returned to California on 10/14/03 I would call him to set up a payment plan.
He insisted in order that my account not be turned over to the district attorneys office in SF that he would have to have $500.00, which I gave him from my checking account debit card. When I returned to California on 10/14/03 there was a debit in my account made for 1095.00 to Spinelli and Company. This was an unauthorized and illegal transaction that I did not approve or authorize. I immedicately called his office and the following occurred.
1) He turned on a recording device and told me he was taping my phone conversation without asking my permission which is illegal.
2) He refused to give me Mr. Spinelli's Bar Association Number to file a complaint with the NY BAR Association. He wanted me to settle for just returning the money to my account which I refused.
3) He transferred me to his supervisor named Peter Stalmo who again refused my request for Mr. Spinelli's BAR # in NY, and stated "what is your problem your getting your money back I informed him that this was not satisfactory to me. He also stated that he was going to tape the call. I then informed him that it was against federal law to phone individuals without their consent. He continued to refuse to allow me to talk to Mr. Spinelli or give me his BAR#, and hung up on me.
4) I called back again and the secreatary again put me through to Dan Watkins who then threatened that if I called him again he would file a harassment compliant against me. (It's perfectly ok for them to call at all hours of the day and night but I can't get legal public information)
I want to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the NY BAR association on this company. I still have not been given Mr. Spinelli's # to practice law in the state of NY.
I would appreciate any and all help that you would assist me with.
Darrell A. Adkins, Ph.D.
Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Attorneys and Lawyers
STOP! ..before you think about using the Better Business Bureau (BBB)... CLICK HERE to see how other consumers were victimized by the BBB's false or misleading information. Don't be fooled! It has been reported, when there are thousands of complaints and other investigations underway by authorities, the BBB has no choice but to finally give an UNsatisfactory rating to a BBB member business that is paying the BBB big membership fees every year. When a business is reported that is NOT a BBB member, BBB files WILL more likely show an UNsatisfactory rating, then reportedly shake down that company to become a member of the BBB. One positive thing about the BBB is, either way, if a business has an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB, you can be sure, the business is bad. But what about all those BBB member businesses that had complaints filed against them? Consumers never get to hear about them. What about the BBB advertising to the public? Is this a false and misleading perception they are giving about consumer confidence when dealing with a business? Click here to understand more of what consumers and business alike are saying about the BBB. You decide. ..Remember. The BBB membership is not earned, it's paid for!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2003 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/salvadore-spinelli-dan-watkins-peter-stalmo/melville-new-york-11747/salvadore-spinelli-dan-watkins-peter-stalmo-dan-watkins-illegally-charged-my-debit-card-69182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.