Complaint Review: San Jose Land Rover - San Jose California

• Reported By: San Jose, California
  • San Jose Land Rover
    5080 Stevens Creek Blvd
    San Jose, California

San Jose Land Rover Ripoff broke windshield wanted me to pay $1200 to repair it San Jose California

I bought a used totaled land rover off of ebay. it had been repaired and had only 8000+ miles. the windshield wiper did not work, I asked to have it replaced. land rover checked to confirm warranty or not and confirmed it was totaled and had no warranty. I agreed to pay for several repairs myself, about $4000, they did $2500 in repairs and broke the windshield because they said it had been put on wrong. They are supposed to be the experts...they knew it was a salvaged vehicle, they told me they would be careful "just in case". They assumed no liability. The rest of the work was also shoddy, I paid $2500 for some crap workmanship. Under the circumstances I traded the car in on a Chevrolet SUV. It cost me lots of money to deal with these unscsrupulous people...and lots of inconvenience and headaches.

Ross
San Jose,, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2007 07:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/san-jose-land-rover/san-jose-california-95128/san-jose-land-rover-ripoff-broke-windshield-wanted-me-to-pay-1200-to-repair-it-san-jose-c-250865. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content