X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Brian — Hueytown Alabama United States of America
  • Savemore Internet United States of America

Savemore www.savemore.com CVS and Papa John's Giftcard Codes Never Available Internet

I purchased a $10.00 CVS gift card for a prepaid $5.00 in November of 2011.  The code was supposed to be available online 1 week after purchase.  I received no communication from Savemore until I complained (ie. reminder to redeem code).  After being put off for several weeks with the reason "technical issues" cited, I finally received a refund late in December.

I again purchased a half off gift card code for Papa John's in December which was supposed to be available a week later.  It was not.  I was put off a week or so at a time in response to the first couple of emails, but the deal never became available.  They again have offered a refund, but I requested the deal.  It has now been over 50 days since it was supposed to be available.

Both deals are supposed to be accessed by clicking a link while logged into my account. Both deal links brought up a page with a "404, page not found" message, but the message appears to be part of a page, not a standard Internet Explorer error message.  I logged a complaint with the BBB, but since I am offered a refund, and am requesting no compensation, the organization is not pursuing the complaint.  I offered the opinion that the site owners offer deals, some of which they have no intention of providing, and only refund to customers that keep track of the interaction and request a refund.  Many people may forget a $5.00 purchase made a month ago, so Savemore simply puts them off a few weeks, and offers no reminders until the victim forgets, and Savemore keeps the money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2012 08:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/savemore/internet/savemore-wwwsavemorecom-cvs-and-papa-johns-giftcard-codes-never-available-internet-831688. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair