X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Search For Talent (SFT) - South San Francisco California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Richmond Virginia
  • Search For Talent (SFT) 400 Oyster Point Blvd #222 South San Francisco, California U.S.A.

Search For Talent SFT ripoff South San Francisco, CA South San Francisco California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Search for Talent is NOT a scam

I ran across this website when beginning to pursue some opportunites for side work or possible lead for voice overs in my area. It said call such and such a number for more information.

The rep (who by the way was very nice) answered the phone, and gathered all my information and then says so how will you be paying today? For a moment I am taken back since there was no mention of this until this point, either in conversation or on line. So, like most I said I have 14 days, let me give it a try, and gave them my card number.

I received no confirmation number that my card was run while I was on the phone with them, and he said that it would take a day for my login and password to be setup. The call ends.

Five minutes later, while I am rushing out the door to my daughter's dance class (which originally I thought much more time had past, but phone records prove differently) I get a return call from SFT. He announces himself (and trust me for future reference, track everyone's name you talk to!) and says that my card was declined and verified my login information and password, and asks if there was another card I would like to put this on. I replied that I was very happy that he had called and please do not proceed with this transaction because this is something I will do when I am a little more "ready" to attack my career change, for now I found plenty of leads on line.

We went back and forth a couple of times about the benefits and I politely declined, and finally it ended with me saying "Do not process this transaction," and his reply was "Thank you anyway" with a condescending tone.

His tone should have been enough to give away that he was not to be trusted to do as I asked, but I have this really bad habit of trusting people. SO, I get my bill online about a week and a half weeks later and notice that there is a $59.00 charge on my card from the Monday following my stop charge conversation. When I call the number stated on my credit card...it went no where. So I looked back up the site, logged in and looked around (two weeks after I was signed in against my wishes) Saw nothing on the website that I hadn't already found on my own searching, and my mind was now a 100% certain that this was not for me. I tried to call the number, but it was a Saturday and they were closed (which happened to be the 14 day mark...somehow) made a note to call on Monday, and of course got caught up in my work schedule, and my childrens schedule until Thursday, but called on my lunch break.

I went through the cancellation process, and received a confirmation code, and just before the rep hung up, I thought to ask, how much will my card be refunded.
"Well mame, you are past your 14 day mark, and there is nothing I can refund." I repeated the fact that I had cancelled this transaction the same day I set it up, and that there should have been no charges to begin with, back and forth saying the same things in a different way for the next minute, and I asked for his manager. No this guy was an A-HOLE. He called me a liar (in so many words) everytime I spoke. Saying that their reps would NEVER have called back if the card was declined because they can run that card for upto 30 days after you sign up with them, then they have tracking for every incoming and out-going line and there was no record since my first day calling in and no record of my card being declined, and that my original rep had run the card and confirmed with me prior to getting off the phone. By this time I was furious, because I had now dealt with being called a liar about 10 times.

Finally he said that he could refund the monthly $9.95, and that was all he could do for me. I did become very angry, but not about the money, but about being called a liar, and I said somethings I probably should have bit and bled about, and he said you are becoming hostile, I told them that I would take this to my lawyer, and his reply was "Have your lawyers contact out lawyers...Happy Holidays."

So now I have contacted my phone company (it is nice I have a close business relationship with them) and the only thing they could tell me was that yes there was a return call placed to my house on the day in question from Search for Talent, and really they were not suppose to tell me that. That has been enough for me to contact my lawyer that our business keeps on retainer, and he can supeona my call records from that day and carry this on.

It seems so stupid to me that I have to do this for a pitiful $59.00, but when he proceeded to call me a liar, then not even say I will look into, lets work together and I will refund half, NOTHING...NOTHING!

I am done with companies that treat their customers in such a mannar. I am a customer service rep, as well as AP/AR, and there are many things that I have learned from them when they call in complaining of a bill. They may not always like the end resolution, but they were never called a liar and charged for something that they told us not to do!

I am sure nothing will ever come of this even though my lawyer is looking into it, since we are talking minimal $$, BUT I can tell you to save yourself the hassle of dealing with crooks, demeaning characters, and brick walls...GO TO ANOTHER STAFFING SITE, or do it yourself by researching. All the information that was on this website I found elsewhere for FREE!!!!!

TO SFT...Hope your company reaps several great losses in the New Year due to the truth of your customer support being revealed.

S.T WILLIAMS
Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2005 05:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/search-for-talent-sft/south-san-francisco-california-94080/search-for-talent-sft-ripoff-south-san-francisco-ca-south-san-francisco-california-167485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Search for Talent is NOT a scam

AUTHOR: Igor - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, December 28, 2006
My name is Igor Reiant and I am the CEO of Search for Talent. I'd like to personally apologize for any problems you may have encountered with our service. We've worked with over a million clients in the last two years and have designed our sales and customer support procedures to accommodate every one of them. However, as with any company, problems and mix-ups do occur, and we do our utmost to solve them and prevent similar issues from happening in the future.

We are not hiding anything. When new clients sign up with Search for Talent, they pay a small fee for shipping and handling of their welcome package, then have a period of time to test out the site to see if they wish to continue with us. If the member does not want to be a part of the service and pay the monthly fee, then they must cancel during this trial period. Members of Search for Talent have the ability to cancel online at any time and send questions through the site directly to Customer Support.

If a client prefers to speak to the Customer Support Department by phone, our toll free phone number is provided during the initial sale and on the website. By calling 1-800-710-4210, you will be directly routed through to a real person who can answer questions, provide refunds and help you with any problems you may have. There are no phone prompts or mazes to go through, and wait time typically does not exceed three to five minutes. I apologize if you had an unpleasant experience with Customer Support, but know that such behavior is against company policy and we do correct it whenever it occurs.

Search for Talent is constantly working to improve our Customer Support Department, Sales Department and our website as a whole. We post thousands of new casting calls every week for people working to break into the entertainment industry. Search for Talent has also signed up hundreds of Casting Directors and Photographers who contact our members every day with upcoming opportunities. We are consistently growing and expanding, but it's not because we're a scam it's because Search for Talent works.

Sincerely,