X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Search For Talent - South San Francisco California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Smithfield Virginia
  • Search For Talent 400 Oyster Point Blvd #222 South San Francisco, California U.S.A.

Search For Talent Ripoff Company Will Not Let You Cancel!! South San Francisco CA

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Search for Talent is NOT a scam

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Called this company after getting an email from them. I signed up for a "try before you buy" kind of deal. I called to cancel within 7 days and they offered it to me for another month free so that I could try them. I agreed. I asked at the time what date I needed to call back if I wanted to cancel and they said June 7th. I called on June 1st and he said that I had to wait at least until June 5 - 7th to cancel that he couldn't access my account to cancel. I called back on June 7th and after being on hold for about 7 - 10 minutes, the operators number would ring and then hang up. I called again today, June 8th, and I was told that I could not cancel because they ad already charged my account 2 days ago for $19.95. I told them I didn't want the service and they said that they couldn't cancel it! I said that I wanted them to cancel and explained that I had been trying to cancel and couldn't get through to them. They were very nasty and started yelling at me. I requested to speak to the manager at which time I was put on hold for another several minutes. The guy came back on the phone and said it was going to be another few minutes. I again said I wanted to cancel and he was yelling that I couldn't cancel. He put me back on hold and finally the phone started ringing. However, no one answered. They hung up! I called back about an hour and got a really nice guy named Chris. I explained to Chris what had happened to me earlier and explained that I was going to call the attorney general and my lawyer if they did not cancel me. After putting me on hold about 2 more times, he came back and told me that my account was cancelled and gave me a confirmation number. I told him that I would be checking my account on a daily basis to make sure that I was cancelled and if I wasn't, I was going to report them.

We will see...........

Rhonda
Smithfield, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2006 04:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/search-for-talent/south-san-francisco-california-94080/search-for-talent-ripoff-company-will-not-let-you-cancel-south-san-francisco-ca-195500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Search for Talent is NOT a scam

AUTHOR: Igor - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, December 28, 2006
My name is Igor Reiant and I am the CEO of Search for Talent. I'd like to personally apologize for any problems you may have encountered with our service. We've worked with over a million clients in the last two years and have designed our sales and customer support procedures to accommodate every one of them. However, as with any company, problems and mix-ups do occur, and we do our utmost to solve them and prevent similar issues from happening in the future.

We are not hiding anything. When new clients sign up with Search for Talent, they pay a small fee for shipping and handling of their welcome package, then have a period of time to test out the site to see if they wish to continue with us. If the member does not want to be a part of the service and pay the monthly fee, then they must cancel during this trial period. Members of Search for Talent have the ability to cancel online at any time and send questions through the site directly to Customer Support.

If a client prefers to speak to the Customer Support Department by phone, our toll free phone number is provided during the initial sale and on the website. By calling 1-800-710-4210, you will be directly routed through to a real person who can answer questions, provide refunds and help you with any problems you may have. There are no phone prompts or mazes to go through, and wait time typically does not exceed three to five minutes. I apologize if you had an unpleasant experience with Customer Support, but know that such behavior is against company policy and we do correct it whenever it occurs.

Search for Talent is constantly working to improve our Customer Support Department, Sales Department and our website as a whole. We post thousands of new casting calls every week for people working to break into the entertainment industry. Search for Talent has also signed up hundreds of Casting Directors and Photographers who contact our members every day with upcoming opportunities. We are consistently growing and expanding, and it's not because we're a scam it's because Search for Talent works.

Sincerely,
Igor Reiant
CEO Search for Talent

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair