X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Sears - Woonsocket Rhode Island

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Woonsocket Rhode Island
  • Sears Diamond Hill Road Woonsocket, Rhode Island U.S.A.

Sears improperly fixed my car..800# for customer relations is designed to make you go away! Woonsocket Rhode Island

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
This is in regard to a recent experience I had with a Sears location in Woonsocket, Rhode Island. I purchased 4 tires and an alignment from the auto center a couple of months ago. After the work was completed I was told that Honda (the maker of my vehicle) did not have specs for the alignment. I was not informed that they did have specs and Sears just did not have them or lacked the proper equipment to do the job. The alignment was done improperly and my steering wheel is permanently turned to the left making driving very awkward. I trusted what I was told. A couple of months went by and I had to have service at the Honda dealership. While I was there I brought up the issue, which was when I learned that Honda has specs "Sears just didn't have the specs". Therefore I have to pay Honda to do the alignment properly. I immediately contacted Ron the manager by phone to request a refund. He stated that because I signed a work order and it had been two months that I had to deal with it. I did not agree with his decision so I asked for his Manager. I was given an 800 number for customer relations. I was then given the run around for an additional two weeks. I wrote numerous emails and made several phone calls. Each time I was promised to have the complaint escalated to the next level and that somebody would contact me within 24 to 48 hours. No one ever contacted me. With one last wasted attempt. I called again and spoke to ID# 71642 on August 19, 2008 she said she didn't know why the matter had not been escalated yet or why no one had contacted me and assured me that it would get the proper attention. She also said if no one contacted me within the next 24 hours to call again. I waited 2 more days and called. This time speaking to J.J. ID# 77674. After he read through the notes he told me that a decision had been made a while ago that the policy was to "stand by the managers decision." Then if that is the policy why bother sending me to a useless customer relations department! And why even bother to have district managers!

NO ONE EVER CONTACTED ME WITH THIS DECISION! I WASTED MY TIME, PATIENCE AND ENERGY TO BE TREATED WITHOUT ANY RESPECT. I've come to understand that this Customer Relations Department was designed to give customers the run around. They just want you to give up and go away! I don't care that the answer was nobut I can't believe that no one had the courtesy to let me know the decision. I will never enter another Sears store again. And don't let the mechanics touch your vehicle!

S. mitchell
Woonsocket, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2008 08:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sears/woonsocket-rhode-island-02895/sears-improperly-fixed-my-car800-for-customer-relations-is-designed-to-make-you-go-away-366982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair