X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Seawest Financial - San Diego California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Lewisville Tx
  • Seawest Financial Seawest Financial.com San Diego, California U.S.A.

Seawest Financial Take over auto loans ripoff San Diego California

I bought my car froma used car dealership. They went out of business and turned my loan over to Seawest. I had made my Dec payment to the Used Car Dealership who in turn sent it to Seawest.

The payment was misplaced and although I have proof the it was made, Seawest showed my account as past due and threated to turn me into collections. They also stated that I would not get my car title until this payment was made.

I had to extend my loan for one month and make an extra payment of $260.00 in order to get a clear title. They told me that if I wanted to get my money back I had to take the used car dealership to court.

They took no repsonibility and made no effort to help. My father ran into the same problem and refused to pay the extra payment. He has been turned into collections and they are holding his title. I'm told that several people have had the same problems.

Seawest will buy car loans for dealership going out of business and then pocket the last payments made and go after the customers to regain it. I am one of many people who have been ripped off by this company and hope that this letter gets out to others before its too late.

Sheila
Lewisville, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2002 08:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/seawest-financial/san-diego-california/seawest-financial-take-over-auto-loans-ripoff-san-diego-california-23923. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content