X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Sexton Companies, LLC - LAFAYETTE Indiana

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Lafayette Indiana
  • Sexton Companies, LLC 320 Waterford Ct LAFAYETTE, Indiana U.S.A.

Shawn at Sexton Companies, LLC Poor Treatment and Quality Premium Furnished Apartments - Indianapolis Indiana

*Consumer Comment: Consider it a cost of doing business...

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Hello. I obtained a 3 mo. lease on a furnished apt. from Sexton Companies at Waterford Place in Lafayette Indiana from 12/5/08 to 3/5/08. On site assistance with Jenny and Alyssa has always been excellent. Corporate liason Jonathan and his in particular his supervisor Shawn have been rude, uncompromising, and unprofessional.

I discussed with them after signing the lease my wife and I were going through a divorce, she left town suddenly to Chicago leaving me with our three children at our permanent residence and my busy job as an orthopaedic surgeon, and I would prefer to get out of the lease earlier, as I would probably not use the apt., (of course paying whatever penalty applied). They insisted I pay the full amount and satisfy my agreement. I am disappointed but have paid my entire lease in full and in advance.

My primary concern is that when the lease began 12/5 I had no cable hook up as contracted until 12/8. The apt had been cleaned, but the refrigerator was so disgusting and foul smelling, however, that it was unusable and stank up entire apt. I did move a few items in on the evening of 12/5 but could not sleep there. I did not notify the office or Jonathan that weekend as I figured little would be done but did notify the office and Jonathan first thing Monday morning.

The refrigerator was so foul it could not be cleaned and had to be replaced, which it was that day. Alyssa commented several times how disgusting the unit smelled. I simply asked for a credit from Jonathan and Shawn for the days of 12/5 to 12/8 as I was unable to move in from this foul smell. My children were literally knocked over from the smell when they attempted to put a case of Diet Coke in the fridge. The fridge could not be cleaned, only replaced, as it was so bad.

This refrigerator should clearly have been replaced before my move in date. I am a respected surgeon in Lafayette for over ten years now and am not used to uncaring and unprofessional attitude of Shawn .

One can argue the whether or not I should get reimbursed for 3 days. It is the very shabby way and poor attitude Shawn has shown me in a difficult time of my life that is the true issue. Business is business, but while I make money in my business, I do not forget to treat people with compassion and respect. Professionals paying a premium for a furnished apartment should expect better.

Thank you for your time.

Gregory
Lafayette, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2009 01:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sexton-companies-llc/lafayette-indiana-47905/shawn-at-sexton-companies-llc-poor-treatment-and-quality-premium-furnished-apartments-i-410913. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Consider it a cost of doing business...

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, January 12, 2009
You should have checked the unit out before you agreed to rent it.

Now that you have rented it and signed the lease, you should talk to a real estate attorney to see about getting out of it --IF that is what you want.

I would have stayed in my permanent residence.

Maybe you could consider subleasing? to get your money back.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair