X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: ShopDigitalCorp - StingRayElectronics - Hollywood Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: San Francisco California
  • ShopDigitalCorp - StingRayElectronics 1200 Stirling Road. STE 9A Hollywood, Florida U.S.A.

ShopDigitalCorp - StingRayElectronics is the WORST company I've ever dealt with in my entire life Hollywood, Florida

*Author of original report: Update - They've canceled my order

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
6/16/2008: I purchased a Canon Rebel XTI Kit eBay from StingRayElectronics. It was a Monday and I was hoping to get the camera for a party on Saturday night and I was willing to pay for faster service.

Twenty minutes after I ordered the item, I called them just in case to confirm the order and request faster shipping. They said that everything was all set and my order would ship out the next day and I would get the tracking number on 6/17/2008.

6/17/2008: They send me an email stating that I have to confirm the order by phone before it will ship. Highly unusual but I call anyway. After 30 minutes on hold, they said everything was all set but they "never do this" but "we're blowing out 8 hour batteries for the XTi for $50 and we usually sell them for $150". I said, no thanks. He said the item would ship the next day and was in stock ready for shipping.

6/18/2008: No email from them

6/19/2008: I call them to find out what's going on and because of a few eBay feedbacks I saw, I wanted to confirm that the item had a USA warranty. "Dave" confirmed that it had a USA warranty and that the item was in stock but needed a "few days to process" and would I would have the tracking number ABSOLUTELY no later than 6/24/2008 and I should call and get it then but I would get it by email before then.

6/24/2008: I call them AGAIN to find out what's going on. I am put on hold and after 30 minutes hang up. I call back again and am put on hold again and hang up. I call back again and finally get through to Dave who says that the item was "never in stock" and "has to be ordered from the distributor".

I said that that is a totally different story from what I was told the previous week and he said that I was wrong (FALSE). Then, I said that I wanted to cancel my order and he said that I could do that with a 15% restocking fee even though the item hasn't shipped. Finally, he had the nerve to say that "if you read the fine-print, the listing says that we have 14 days to ship the item" (FALSE).

They lie so much that they can't even keep it all straight.

At this stage, I have a PayPal claim open for "Item Not Received" and since these guys like to monkey around with missing items, my friend at PayPal said he could convert the claim to "Seller Not As Described" if anything is missing.

I've taken merchants to small claims court in the past for lying about items and delivery times and I'm about one step away with these guys.

After buying and selling on eBay for over a decade, this is the first time I've been jerked around by a merchant. These guys obviously have no interest in pleasing customers and have no qualms about lying to their customers.

STAY AWAY!

Anxman
San Francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2008 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/shopdigitalcorp-stingrayelectronics/hollywood-florida-33004/shopdigitalcorp-stingrayelectronics-is-the-worst-company-ive-ever-dealt-with-in-my-enti-343890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Update - They've canceled my order

AUTHOR: Anxman - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, June 25, 2008
6/25/2008 @ 11:45am PST: I called and asked to check on the status of my order. After being hung-up on, I called back and spoke with "Al" who spoke with the his supervisors. He put me on hold for 10 minutes.

Then he came back and stated that my order was canceled yesterday after I asked for it to be canceled (total lie compared to what I was told yesterday).

He said that my refund is "in process" and I can call on Friday between 12pm and 3pm and speak to billing to get it credited.

They can't even get their lies straight anymore. PayPal and my credit card company will make sure I get my money back.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair