X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Simple Escapes - Omaha Nebraska

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Baltimore Maryland
  • Simple Escapes PO Box 241338 Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

Simple Escapes Rip-off Does Not Deliver as Promised Omaha Nebraska

Simple Escapes promised two $25 K-Mart gifts card just for TRYING their service for free (well, $1) for 30 days. But I received their membership materials three weeks after joining - along with a survey to mail back in order to be sent a postcard to send to receive a gift card. Of course, the process would take more than the 30 days "free" - and you must be a member at the time the card is sent.

Had they followed through as advertised, I may have actually stayed with the company and paid their membership fee, as the benefits appear worthwhile. But after being lied to as a potential customer, I had no confidence that they would treat me better as paying customer. So, while I did not receive the promised gift cards, I did get out before paying - though not without considerable hassle.

I do not believe that my expectations were unreasonable, as I only expected that which was promised by the company. I understand that they need paying customers in order to maintain operations and grow, and that "freebies" must be limited. The solution: don't promise what you don't intend to deliver!

This type of advertising is deceptive, and companies that do it are doomed to eventual failure. In the meantime, stronger consumer protection is warranted.

Freeda
Baltimore, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2003 05:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/simple-escapes/omaha-nebraska-68124-1965/simple-escapes-rip-off-does-not-deliver-as-promised-omaha-nebraska-46953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content