Complaint Review: Simple Smart Science

• Simple Smart Science
    59 W. Floyd Ave
    Englewood, Colorado
    United States

Simple Smart Science Russell Lundstrom, MMulligan Holdings, LLC This company preys on job seekers Englewood Colorado

*Author of original report: Julia you are lying

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Writer of complaint never actually submitted resume nor applied for position

This company preys on job seekers who are looking for work. Most who are desperate, but then some of us are desperate yet selective. We have our radar up against the cheaters of society. Sure they claim their pills will improve your memory, but they lie trying to recruit unsuspecting "affiliates" to join their team. Here's their ad: compensation: $2,500 a month plus quarterly bonus based upon performance employment type: part-time telecommuting okay Job Title: Affiliate Sales Manager (Part Time) Location: Work From Home Duties: • Email and telephone correspondence with existing affiliates • Managing affiliate promotional calendar • Research, reaching out and selling to new affiliates • Managing data related to all affiliates • Managing affiliate documents • Compiles monthly reports on affiliate activity • Responsible for new and old relationships • Provide a feedback loop to marketing for new ideas and industry trends

Skills: Excellent writing skills expressing exactly what is meant with no ambiguity. [continued below]....

..... Prefers to actually talk to people verses email, (although 90% will be email communication). Very organized. Good with Excel, Word and managing multiple online software systems. Comfortable with Data Management and reporting. Competencies: Effective communication skills. Strong sales skills. Not afraid to talk to 'anyone'. Doesn't get intimidated by anyone. Thinks outside of the box to expand competencies. Constant learner and explorer of new ideas. Extremely good at follow up. Has a solid process for managing multiple moving parts so nothing falls through the cracks. Funny, personable and professional. Ability to turn a negative situation into a positive one; to see the good in every situation. Works well independently and is self-motivated and a self-starter. Takes direction well, but expands on ideas when it makes processes systems more efficient. Knowledge is a passion and loves to learn new things every day.

Is flexible in work processes to be changed for more efficiency. Relationships: Will work closely with CEO on introductions and building relationships with current affiliates. Daily tasks will include reaching out to and introducing yourself to new affiliates and selling them on our program. Will also work in coordination with marketing department in a team environment. Salary: This is a salaried part time position, 4 hours a day. $2,500 a month plus quarterly bonuses based on performance. Could easily turn into a full-time position for the right person and if so desired. About us: We are a 4 year old, small family run company. We sell memory products and coaching programs online. Our mission is to help 1 million people make measurable improvements in their brain health. We are looking for that team player that is ready to join our family. We believe in working hard and playing hard. That a balance of family and work with a purpose is what makes us the greatest version of ourselves we can be. Our motto: If you don't fail, you're not trying. How to Apply: Email your resume and cover letter in PDF format when replying to this ad. Include in your cover letter (does not need to be too formal): 1) What you like about sales 2) What you don't like about sales 3) What is your passion 4) What you like to do in your free time _____________________________

What they do NOT say is they are lying; there is no such thing as salary, but rather a "projected" salary that you can COUNT on since their product is soooooooooooo good. The only catch is that you are able to convince your friends and family of their claims and HOPE they are suckered in to your sales pitch because you gotta pay your rent. Job seekers stay away from these lying thieves, and really if your product is sooooooo good, please STOP preying on those who are at a vulnerable time in their lives. You should be able to follow through with your promise of a $2500 month salary for just taking calls. LIARS, THIEVES, CHEATS

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2018 01:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/simple-smart-science/englewood-colorado-80110/simple-smart-science-russell-lundstrom-mmulligan-holdings-llc-this-company-preys-on-job-1421215. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

Julia you are lying

AUTHOR: Joan - (United States)

You spent all that time trying to paint me as a foul mouthed person who has nothing better to do than to call you out. Hon, I have been burned a few times by companies like yours LYING in their job posting, jumpin thru all your hoops, only to find it's a commissioned only position. ALL of us job seekers know exactly what I am trying to say, so if a few expletives offend you so much, QUIT posting bait and switch ads. The nerve of you asking dumb questions to engage people, getting their hopes up for a REAL job. NOT FAKE, REAL is what we are looking for. You are offering $2500 part time for taking calls? LIAR! That would be 60k a year for taking calls, but wait, it's MOSTLY answering e-mails. Your e-mail said I do not want people that are so untrusting as part of our team. Well I guess you are not familiar with the work at home jobs on CL that are 80% bull ****. So your high and mighty attitude of "trust me blindly and let me WASTE your time" by asking ridiculous questions only to tell you that nope the $2500 is not salary but commission you COULD make by selling our snake oil products or whatever you are doing. Wake up and get giggy with it. You probably are not brave enough to give the company name, so sorry I only want to work with brave ppl. bye -----

- On Wed, 1/3/18, craigslist 6441372673 wrote: Subject: RE: Sales/Manager Date: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 6:44 AM I'm not certain what you're referring to. This is a real position with a real salary. If you're one of the people that chose to ask me if this was a real position without actually submitting a resume and answering the questions I asked, I don't waste my time on those people. Many people are taking the time and effort to respond without the cynicism and untrustworthiness attached. I do not want people that are so untrusting as part of our team. I would recommend to you in the future to put the effort in. Good luck to you on your search.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Writer of complaint never actually submitted resume nor applied for position

AUTHOR: Julia - (United States)

The above applicant did indeed reach to apply for our very real position with salary as stated in the ad.

However, the ad specifically stated to reply to the ad with a resume and cover letter attached as well as answering our questions in pdf format. It also said, and the applicant chose to leave out of her complaint, that any repsonse that did not follow the specific instructions would not be considered.

The applicant instead choose to send me this email instead of following instructions (her full name has been deleted for her privacy):

“Some ads falsely say salary, when it truly is commission.  I have  10 or more years experience recruiting affiliates, so if you could answer this, I'd be happy to apply.  Thanks.

Donna M****”

As we had over 50 qualified applicants who chose to follow instructions, which is incredibly important for the position and was stated in the ad, I did not reply to Donna’s request as she decided not to do the work requested and instead question our integrity as a company first, which I did not feel would be a good fit for our culture.

A few days later, Donna sent over this email, with full profanity, of which I choose to not spell out here:

“Just what I thought, a bait and switch scheme.  Do you realize you are messing with people who are looking for a job, NOT a f*ck over? Shame on you for preying on people at all, but especially those who need a JOB because they need $$.  And you come along promising LIES LIES LIES.

Shame on you, and I implore you to find another way to make money besides preying on weak people.  Yuck to you.”

At this point, I made the mistake of answering Ms. Matthew’s email, which I know better to than answer such distasteful, angry emails. My reply was as follows:

“I'm not certain what you're referring to. This is a real position with a real salary.

I would recommend to you in the future to put the effort in.

Good luck to you on your search. “

At which point, Donna sent another distasteful, profanity filled email, that I again decided to not respond to having learned my lesson the first time and wanting to focus on people that I believed would be a better fit for our company.

Do date, Donna has never submitted a resume or a cover letter or answered the questions I asked in the application.

We were happy to reward the very real salaried position to someone who put the time and effort in to do what is asked of them.

I’m sorry that Donna decided that this wasn’t a real position based on her prior experience with other companies. I’m only too grateful that she never actual applied for the position with our company.