Ripoff Report Needs Your Help!
X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Social Security Administration - Iron River Wisconsin

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Kathleen — Iron River WI United States
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Social Security Administration 68105 South Bohn Street - Apt. 1 Iron River, Wisconsin United States

Social Security Administration Every Delay Possible without Reasonable Cause Iron River Wisconsin

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

My first application for disability was promptly denied; my first appeal was promptly denied; and my second appeal was granted via hearing, though not without a long, convoluted and hostile process.  Nearly 2-1/2 years after my initial application, I finally had a hearing on my second appeal (August 2017).  Although their witness was allowed to appear via video conference, mine were not.  Their credentials could have easily been presented if that were the issue, but it's not.  Social Security's "experts," who are, as far as I can tell, mediocre practitioners who are looking for a little extra cash, are anything but objective.  You do not bite the hand that feeds you.  My own practitioners, being unable to appear, submitted written statements, including diagnoses, which were wholly disqualified by the Court.  Who knows a patient better:  A self-interested, unobjective provider; or providers who have been working with patients for years?

The Court was unprepared to finish my hearing in August and said that they were out of time and would like further information to proceed.  In early September, I faxed a letter to the Court, saying that the requested information had been submitted.  I requested a date to finish the hearing.  More than two weeks later, I received a letter from them, saying that if I could/would not respond for the information request, they would make a decision without such information.  I immediately faxed a letter, pointing out that the information HAD been submitted, and the request to finish the hearing had been made.  I followed up with a phone call in late September after I was sure they had received the fax; and I was told that the next available hearing date was not until February of 2018.  I responded that I could not wait that long as I was on the verge of eviction, as I had been for some time.  I called the Judge's bluff and said, in essence, he should make the decision as threatened.  At least then I could move on to the next appeal process.  I then received a call saying that the Judge refused to make a decision as he thought "new" medical information was important.  My case was given "expedited" status -- LOL -- so that I could get a hearing in December.  Only three months more to wait.

During the December hearing, another "expert" appeared via video conference; and a second vocational "expert" appeared.  Her recommendations were completely different from the first -- despite my physical problems, she recommended that I engage in careers that were directly contra-indicated by my physical condition.  Despite my declining physical abilities (and a long career as a paralegal), she recommended that I enter brainless, physically-demanding menial work, such as cleaning offices.  I stated that I was insulted that the vocational expert assessed my brain as worthless and my declining body as having improved, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Despite huge volumes of medical records, including numerous surgeries to my hip and back, the Judge chose to cling to a misdiagnosis of potential alcoholism.  That misdiagnosis has been removed from my record, but the Judge continues to focus on that despite statements from the medical provider that it was erroneous.  The Judge has now determined himself my diagnostician, despite his own "expert" saying that he saw no reason or history to indicate that.  When I finally received a "partially favorable" decision, there was a great deal of emphasis on this erroneous diagnosis.

The decision arrived in early April, and I have yet to receive one penny in benefits.  I received my Medicare card and was told that I would soon be getting a premium bill in excess of $530.  The mere benefits upon which I have been subsisting hand-to-mouth for these years -- state health care, FoodShare, general relief -- will end.  My expenses will increase exponentially, and my benefits will either reduce or disappear altogether.  Very shortly, I will be in a far worse situation.  As an orphan since the age of -5 and a widow who started paying into Social Security in my pre-teen years, I view Social Security's claims and actions to be fraudulent.

My father, a multiple murderer who landed me in foster care so early in my life, was given a free four-year education while I bore the burden of student loans and my own costs of serious health problems, dental problems and lack of any family support.  He never used his education, while I craved such opportunities.  This system protects and even benefits murderers while it mocks the children who never get such chances.

Still waiting for a check in July and hoping I will be able to feed myself and my dog this month.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2018 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/social-security-administration/iron-river-wisconsin-54847/social-security-administration-every-delay-possible-without-reasonable-cause-iron-river-w-1450416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair