X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Southtrust Bank - Wachovia Bank - Red Oak Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: red oak Texas
  • Southtrust Bank - Wachovia Bank www.southtrust.com Red Oak, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 972-576-0402
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Southtrust Bank - Wachovia Bank ripoff deceptive practices Red Oak Texas

My wife and I have been banking with Southrust since 5 years. I will admit we have had our fair share or trouble maintaining our checkbook at times, my problems stem from them first wanting to hold our deposits which in turn causes more NSF fees to just flat out not owning up to their own mistakes.

Good example; we made a deposit on 3/15/2005 of $400 cash but because they had a line in their system go down that day our deposit was not posted and since it was deposited after 2:00 pm that day it was the following thursday before I was able to see that it was not there. We contacted the district manager Mark for help. He was very helpful on Friday 3-18-2005 to make sure they found the deposit and to assure me that they would take care of any fees that had resulted from THEIR mistake.

We thought all was well until thursday 24,2005. I found out that one of our checks had been returned as a result of this. The merchant charged me $25 for the returned check. I again called Mark only to find his demeanor had completely changed toward us. He told me he felt like he had done enough for us and that he would not refund that charge back to us. After arguing and pleading my case for 10 minutes he finally agreed to reimburse us for the charge but told me that we would have to close our account down by the 15th of April.

I have never been so mad in all my life. If I make a mistake they expect me to remedy the problem immediately and penalize me for making the mistake. They make a mistake and then just decide they can no longer keep my account open. They are the biggest ripp-off artist in the banking industry

Jeff
red oak, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2005 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/southtrust-bank-wachovia-bank/red-oak-texas-75154/southtrust-bank-wachovia-bank-ripoff-deceptive-practices-red-oak-texas-136296. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content