X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Sportsmens Guide Gary Olen - st paul Minnesota

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: jimbo420 — hillsboro Ohio United States of America
  • Sportsmens Guide Gary Olen 441 farwell ave st paul, Minnesota United States of America

Sportsmens Guide Gary Olen gary olen sportsmans guide is a complete waste and ripoff of you hard earned money st paul , Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Sportsman’s Guide is NOT a rip-off

*Consumer Suggestion: Effective Tactic

ON DEC 12TH I PLACED AN ORDER WITH SPORTSMANS GUIDE.  LAST YEAR I JOINED THE BUYERS CLUB AND PLACED AN ORDER IT WENT THROUGH GREAT I DID THE FOUR PAY PLAN AND EVERYTHING WORKED GOOD, THIS TIME WAS NOT THE SAME STORY I PLACED AN ORDER FOR MY FAMILYS CHRISTMAS THE ORDER WAS $400.00 SO I HAD TO PAY FOR EQUAL PAYMENTS OF 100.00, THE SALES REP CHARGED ME THE WHOLE AMOUNT WHICH OVERDRAFTED MY BANK ACCOUNT. I CAUGHT IT THE SAME DAY AND CALLED THEM I ASKES THEM TO JUST REFUND ME THE AMOUNT MINUS THE FIRST PAYMENT OF 100.00 AND JUST LET ME MAKE THE BUYER CLUB PURCHASE, THEY REFUSED TO DO THAT.  I THEN TALKED TO A CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER AND EXPLAINED THE SITUATION SHE TOLD ME "ITS NOT OUR FAULT THAT YOU'RE BROKE"  THATS AN INSULT TO ME PERSONALLY.  SO I HUNBG UP AND CALLED BACK TO TALK TO A DIFFERENT MANAGER, AGAIN NOTHING WAS ACCOMPLISHED, MONDAY I FINALLY TALKED TO A MANAGER THAT SAID THAT THEY COULD REFUND MY MONEY IN 48 HOURS. SO I WAITED 48 HOURS NOTHING CALLED BACK AND THEY SAID NOTHING HAD BEEN DONE IT WOULD BE ANOTHER 48 HOURS, SO I CALLED BACK WED SAME THING NOT ONE PHONE JOCKEY HAD DONE THIER SIMPLE BUTTON PUSHING JOB CORRECTLY SO THEY SAID ANOTHER 48 HOURS MEANWHILE MY BANK IS STILL OVERDRWN COLLECTING OVERDRAFT CHARGES, SO I CALLED BACK FRI NOTHING STILL HAPPENED THEY ASSURED ME IT WOULD BE BACK BY MONDAY.  MONDAY CAME STILL NOTHING HAD HAPPENED I TALKED TO THEM MONDAY AND TUESDAY NOTHING HAS STILL HAPPENED AND NOW ALL MY CHRISTMAS MONEY IS TIED UP WITH THEM FOR WHO KNOWS HOW LONG AND IT IS 2 DAYS TIL CHRISTMAS AND THAT ONE TRANSACTION HAS COST ME 290 DOLLARS FOR NOTHING NO ONE THERE IS WILLING TO HELP AND IT SEEMS THAT THEY GOT ME FOR A TOTAL OF $670.25 I HAVE NO GIFTS AND A NEGATIVE BALANCE ON MY ACCOUNT.  I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO KNOW BUT I KNOW I WORK TWO JOBS AND AM STILL BROKE MOST OF THE TIME AND THIS IS A MAJOR SETBACK FOR ME AND MY FAMILY FOR CHRISTMAS   DONT BUY FROM SPORTSMANS GUIDE THEY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE AND DO NOTHING TO HELP CORPARTE AMERICA HAS MORE RIGHTS THAN THE BLUE COLLAR WORKERS THAT KEEP THIS COUNTRY ROLLING I HAVE BEEN ROBBED AND NOONE WILL DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS I HOPE THIS GETS OUT TO PEOPLE SO NOBODY ELSE GETS RIPPED OFF BY READING THIS INFORMATION HERE

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2009 07:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sportsmens-guide-gary-olen/st-paul-minnesota-55075/sportsmens-guide-gary-olen-gary-olen-sportsmans-guide-is-a-complete-waste-and-ripoff-of-yo-544177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Sportsman’s Guide is NOT a rip-off

AUTHOR: Scott - (United States)

POSTED: Friday, December 29, 2017

I have been dealing with the Sportsman’s Guide since 1978 or 1979 forgive me but I do not remember the exact year of my first purchase. In all these years I have never one time been cheated or ripped off one time. I have used their 4 pay option at least a dozen times over the years and have never had a single problem with that option. The company has never one time charged me an incorrect amount for anything. I have never been nor have I ever known an employee of the company, I am just a long time extremely satisfied customer. I cannot believe a company as large and successful as SG would ever tolerate any employee talking to a customer in the manner stated here. This incident is so completely opposite of any experience I have ever had with the company it baffles me. I have numerous friends and family members that are also longtime and extremely satisfied customers including both of my sons. For me and my family any purchase made from the Sportsmans Guide has always been money well spent.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Effective Tactic

AUTHOR: Sherrie - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Sunday, October 03, 2010
If you get into situations such as these with ANY company you do business with get the state that this company is out of(should be on your bill you receive from them) and call information and get the number for that states BBB(Better Business Bureau). Keep all your information. Copy of your bill and bill confirmation that they conveniently send to your email, if you have one.
I personally had a bad experience with Bowflex, cost me a good penny. I got on to the website for the BBB in their state and submitted my complaint. They work directly with that company to settle the issue, and that issue is not settled until YOU the consumer is satisfied.
The BBB corresponds directly with you through email.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair