X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Sprint PCS - Overland Park Kansas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Boynton Beach Florida
  • Sprint PCS 6200 Sprint PkwyWorld Headquarters Campus Overland Park, Kansas U.S.A.

Sprint PCS CANCELLATION CHARGE OF $150 PER PHONE ripoff Overland Park Kansas

*UPDATE Employee: Industry Standard

I am interested in joining a class-action suit or starting one dealing with the SPRINT PCS cancellation fee.

I have been a loyal customer since 2000.

I now spend roughly $200.00 per month for 3 phones.

I wanted to drop one phone from my plan and I was told it would cost $150.00 for a cancellation fee.

I was told by a Sprint Representative that I could drop the third phone at any time with no cancellation fee.

Now I want to change services since they will not drop the $150.00 cancellation fee.

I have now been informed that they will charge me $450.00 if I cancell all three phones. This was never the agreement. It was $150.00 to drop the plan.

Paul
Boynton Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2005 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sprint-pcs/overland-park-kansas-66251/sprint-pcs-cancellation-charge-of-150-per-phone-ripoff-overland-park-kansas-158394. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Industry Standard

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Paul, yes early termination fees can be a pain in butt. But what you have to understand is that Sprint is not the only company that does this. It is an industry standard, meaning EVERY cellular company has them. The reason that they are telling you $450 to cancel all the lines is because each line is considerd to be it's own seperate contract, the termination fee is $150 per line $150 X 3 = $450. Though feel lucky some early term fees are $200 or more per line. And as I stated earlier, ANYTIME you are under contract wheather it's a new plan or just one that you happend to upgrade, no company will allow anyone to leave without the early term fee.