X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Stamps.com - Nationwide

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Fort Worth Texas
  • Stamps.com www.stamps.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Don't do it. Sounds like a great idea. But you can't cancel once you've signed on. The only way to cancel is to cancel by phone (although you can sign up for new service on the web), due to "new security concerns". We called five or six times trying to cancel and were on the phone 45 to 55 minutes on hold until we finally hung up. However if you call in as a new customer you get through in about two minutes. Huh.

Robert
Fort Worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2004 02:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/stampscom/nationwide/stampscom-impossible-to-cancel-automatic-rebilling-stampscom-stampscom-110766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Very deceptive FREE TRIAL free offers are a joke

AUTHOR: Ronald - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, March 22, 2005
AVOID them like the plague!!! Their initial free offers are a joke and there is NO FREE TRIAL.

I used them for several months and sent a large amount of postage thru them, only when I tried to close the account did I see the problem.

45 minutes waiting for one of their "agents", Don't dare forget any information that you used in the sign-up because if you don't get 100% right on their "test questions", you can't close the account.

The the day after I closed it, my credit card was debited for another month (you must cancel by the 29th day of your billing cycle or pay for an additional month.

When I contacted Customer Service regarding the additional bill also that the FOUR WEEK TRIAL offered on sign up was not Free --->unless you cancelled within the 28 days. If you stayed on as a customer, then you had to pay the regular monthly fee for the "4 WEEK TRIAL".

Here is the real WARNING for those who might try their service...

If you stay thiry days before you cancel, 4 weeks trial + 2 days (thinking you had a month free trial), you get billed for 2 months service, the month trial PLUS another full month because you did not cancel before the 29th day of the billing cycle.

They suckered me once, never again.

I agree Stamps.com Hard to cancel and uses deceptive billing

AUTHOR: Andre - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, September 29, 2004
I to sing up for for Stamps.com risk free trial. I decided to try for a few months because that is the only way you can get the free scale and other free postage. They advertise sign up and get $75.00. They don't tell you it is over 3 months.

I decided to cancel last friday before my billing date. I was also on hold for over 45 minutes. It is kind of funny you cant cancel online. They ask me every question in the worls including my underware size.

The rep the informed me they would be billing me again. I asked why. He said they have a risk free over but not a (FREE MONTH). So in essence if you continue after the trial month you will actually get billed for the first month. I told the rep they are using deceptive wording and I was going to file a rip-off report on them. I guess I am not the only one who feels the same about them. The rep knew it was deceptive because he was brough it out.

Beware. There (NO RISK OFFER) is not worth the headache's.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair