X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: David — Austin Texas USA
  • Statewide Remodelling, INC 2209A Rutland Dr Suite 100 Austin, Texas USA

Statewide Remodelling, INC 5X5 Bathroom tile and sink replacment, measurements miscalculated, job way overpriced, box and a half of tile left. Austin Texas

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

Bathroom 5X5 sink replacement, and floor tile addition, Measurements miscalculated, and left me with a box and a half of tile, to figure out how I can use the tile.  In a previous estimate in 2011, the ceramic tile replacement would have been, $293.00, for the 5 X 5 Bathroom.  A new sink would now cost 300.00.  I would suppose all the labor to replace the sink and install the tile would be around $500.00.  Thats an overestimate.  So the whole install in 2011 would have been $1093.00.

So now Statewide comes in and says we need you to sign this so we can get you a loan from Home Depot, so we can do the job.  So Mr. Stupid here signs the contract, and the Design Consultant says I need a check for $500.00 to get started.  So now I have a Project Loan with Home Depot to the tune of $2000.00.  Somehow Mr. Stupid gets the inclination that he is being taken for a ride.  Of course it's to late, $500.00 had been cashed, and the $2000.00 loan has been approved.  But I am not done yet.  It took them 5 weeks to get the material, and I paid Home Depot one payment, and nothing had been done.

So anyway after the install and I am left with a box and a half of tile, I called the Design Consultant guy, that took my $500.00 check from me, and said to him you miscalculated measurments.  Says, well we want more material for the job, just in case.  However there is a form for you to fill out, and I will call you later in the day, to let you know about it.  I am still waiting for the call, but I have other ways of getting around the extra tile, but that will come in time.

My problem is that I am a very passive person, and do not like confrontations.  However with age I am trying to get myself together, and confront head on.  But if you snooze you loose.  The installation person did a great job.  No problem there.  My problem is after I got to thinking about the cost and running the figures over in my mind, I got ripped off at least a $1000.00.  If you ask me about Statewide Remodelling, Inc I would tell you to go in another direction.  Get on the internet, there are plenty of nice people that would do the job just as well but cheaper.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2016 06:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/statewide-remodelling-inc/austin-texas-78758/statewide-remodelling-inc-5x5-bathroom-tile-and-sink-replacment-measurements-miscalcula-1292007. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair